IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Kitty Gal,

Just curious why there's still chemical pregnancy when after my 2WW the blood test is negative for pregnant? HAHA i really dunno what condition i am having and only can go for blood test and wait for my doctor to further advice. Thank you for your advice

I cant explain your condition since im not medical trained but based on Dr Goggle, Chemical pregnancy is when we are tested positive which show implantation did happen but hcg drop or become negative so meaning pregnancy cannot sustain. and this usually happen before week 6 ultrasound scan..

If you are never tested positive, or hcg test show negative or less than 5, means u are never pregnant & considered failed cycle.. U mentioned your HCG level was 300 & drop to 200 right.. so this will seems to me as chemical pregnancy.. but if you are never pregnancy then its just failed cycle.. It best to let your doc tell you what is his diagnosis for you... he should have the checks & test result since IVF patients are monitored very closely. :)

The bad appetite could be morning sickness also. I had bad appetite throughout the whole 9 months. But you have to try and drink and eat. Maybe if you can't eat certain things, then try something else. For me, I ate nuts and fruit because I had trouble eating anything with onion, garlic and ginger which basically rules out most asian food. I drank a lot of distilled water.

Hang in there! For most, the morning sickness will disappear after the first trimester.

Omg! How u managed for the morning sickness for 9 months?

Ya now I'm trying to eat small meals and drink small sips of water.

Ya hoping I will reach my 2nd trimester soon so that the morning sickness will go off.

Hey ladies, just wondering when is your scheduled blood test for a 5 day transfer frozen embryo? Is it still 14 days later? Or some of you will attempt to test at home before the blood test? It is a medicated FET, not natural.

Last edited:
My et was cancel today due to my day 6 embryo could not suvrive. We will told to see dr tan in his room instead of going to the ops room. Any kind soul pls let me know if u are canceling slot between oct 1 to oct 8 for thh. I can exchange oct 10 slot.

My et was cancel today due to my day 6 embryo could not suvrive. We will told to see dr tan in his room instead of going to the ops room. Any kind soul pls let me know if u are canceling slot between oct 1 to oct 8 for thh. I can exchange oct 10 slot.

Slot can be transfer meh?

If u download the SingHealth buddy app I thk it's possible to log in cancel ur slot then next person log in asap to grab the same slot so some coordination can be done..hope this helps!

No guarantees how fast a system releases the slot after a cancellation though..I haven't tried it practically myself. May risk losing both slots. Just a disclaimer!

Hi dear, Dr only say it could be due to my blocked tubes releasing the fluid into the uterus. I googled for the term Hydrosalpinx. I'm not sure what is it about but have seen a lot of people saying the fluid will hinder the implantation from happening. Dr also told me that with the fluid, the embryos will not stick so I will have to postpone the ET. I'm wondering if anyone have met with such situations and what are the options available. Meanwhile I will check with Dr once I see him end of this week.
I have hydrosalpinx and it is said to be toxic fluid released from the tubes, and that will cause the success rate of IVF to cut by half! Hence i removed both tubes in June and just had my 2nd fresh ER in Sept... dont worry... see if u can unblock the tubes and clear the fluid

Any sister know the address of zhu sheng niang niang temple at Toa Payoh? Is it in shuang lin Cheng huang
143b71aaa11805b191226647dddc45d3.jpg

Hi, anyone have experienced fluid in uterus (due to blocked tubes) before OR and ET? I'm being scheduled for OR this week and today was told there is fluid in uterus and ET will probably be postponed.

me. Dr saw some fluid in my uterus during OPU of which she informed me during the review two days after opu. did a quick scan and she couldn't explain what caused the fluid and then suddenly gone again. i asked if it could be from the hydrosalpinx and dr initially said not likely. anyway we proceeded with a d5 transfer (w my hydro tube) which resulted in a bfn. i have since undergone surgery to remove the hydrosalpinx tube and waiting to do fet now... hope this helps.

I have hydrosalpinx and it is said to be toxic fluid released from the tubes, and that will cause the success rate of IVF to cut by half! Hence i removed both tubes in June and just had my 2nd fresh ER in Sept... dont worry... see if u can unblock the tubes and clear the fluid

Last year oct I went for key hole surgery to try to unblock both tubes but only one side is cleared. Removing of tube is it also a keyhole surgery? Thanks HavingHope!

me. Dr saw some fluid in my uterus during OPU of which she informed me during the review two days after opu. did a quick scan and she couldn't explain what caused the fluid and then suddenly gone again. i asked if it could be from the hydrosalpinx and dr initially said not likely. anyway we proceeded with a d5 transfer (w my hydro tube) which resulted in a bfn. i have since undergone surgery to remove the hydrosalpinx tube and waiting to do fet now... hope this helps.

Hmm were you diagnosed with blocked tubes before all these happened? During ur D5 transfer, how many embryos did u put back?

Thanks Hopeful23!

Hmm were you diagnosed with blocked tubes before all these happened? During ur D5 transfer, how many embryos did u put back?

Thanks Hopeful23!

yes I was diagnosed with a left hydrosalpinx before ivf but I held hopes and went ahead to do ivf without treating the hydrosalpinx. i transferred one good grade day 5 blastocyst but still failed.

Hi Ladies, i'm tested bfp 2 days ago for my 1st Fet with one blastocyst transferred. Hcg reading was 2599.

Started bleeding lightly 3 days prior to BT and it continued till the day after BT.

Yesterday walk in to KKH & Dr THH ordered a jab. Bleeding ceased at night but this morning had spotting in light red.

The nurse had told me to go O&G if bleeding continues.

May I know what O&G will do and is there any suggestions from ladies with similar experience? Thanks in advance.

Hi Ladies, i'm tested bfp 2 days ago for my 1st Fet with one blastocyst transferred. Hcg reading was 2599.

Started bleeding lightly 3 days prior to BT and it continued till the day after BT.

Yesterday walk in to KKH & Dr THH ordered a jab. Bleeding ceased at night but this morning had spotting in light red.

May I know what O&G will do and is there any suggestions from ladies with similar experience? Thanks in advance.

Kkh o&g many do not have good experience with them. They will tell u to monitor n send u back. Best if u can walk in to see THH or just pop by Pte dr for a jab.

yes I was diagnosed with a left hydrosalpinx before ivf but I held hopes and went ahead to do ivf without treating the hydrosalpinx. i transferred one good grade day 5 blastocyst but still failed.

After removing the hydrosalpinx tube, how long do u need to rest before going for FET?

It's really not a easy journey, hang on dear!

They will do a scan to check for heartbeat first and then check the cervix to see if they can find the cause of bleeding, then determine if you need a jab. Sounds like you are still early on and I'm not sure if you will need a vaginal scan. You can insist for a jab at O&G, but if you already had a jab within the week, it is unlikely they will give you another jab. Eg, I had a jab on Sat and went to O&G on Wed and the doc said no need for a jab since I just had it. They will give you medical leave to rest at home. Do continue with your duphaston pills. Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do but to rest and not carry heavy things. If the bleeding fills up a pad, seek immediate medical attention. Take care!

Congrats!!

Good luck cen! Try and stay as relaxed as possible, and take it easy! Hugs

Ladies, I'm so worried about my e2 level it's now at 32k+++, doing ER in a couple of days :-( i don't want to have to have my ET cancelled due to OHSS

After removing the hydrosalpinx tube, how long do u need to rest before going for FET?

hahaha thanks! was advised I could start as early as once next menses start. but I decided to hold out a bit more... am on letrozole now just to see if miracles will happen to me :)

Last year oct I went for key hole surgery to try to unblock both tubes but only one side is cleared. Removing of tube is it also a keyhole surgery? Thanks HavingHope!
Yep.. did a laparoscopy for removing the tubes.. but still can see the 3 small scar on my belly now!

i have done laproscopy too. other than the scars, i still feel the tugging feel sometimes at there the incisions are.
especially at the centre. anyone the same ?

Ladies, I'm so worried about my e2 level it's now at 32k+++, doing ER in a couple of days :-( i don't want to have to have my ET cancelled due to OHSS

If your e2 is this high, it really is not advisable to continue with transfer. Don't play play with OHSS. Esp if you get a BFP, you have to deal with the horrible bloating, plus all the water retention everywhere. No insurance coverage if you end up hospitalized also.

Plus e2 high, likely environment is not very conducive for embryos to stick and grow also. Wouldn't it be better to let the hormones reset and transfer when body is in a better condition?

After i remove both hydrosalpinx tubes... i rested for 2months... i removed in june and started ivf jab in Aug, ER in Sept

Just transferred a day 6 good grade blast under Dr Chieng at virtus.
It's my only blast and it survived the transportation fr KKH to virtus and also the thaw today so really hope it sticks! 2ww starts and really trying to stay calm and relaxed..fingers & toes all crossed this cycle! Jia you all!
Jiayou!!! All the best.. its gonna be the one!

Reactions: cen

For my case they scan vaginaly to see if theres sac and peanut inside.it was already 6weeks when i saw them.i was bleeding red. So they sugested taking my duphaston medication 3 times a day instead of twice a day.No jab given tho i requested for it.Jab was only given once ordered by dr.thh after i told him what has happened when i visited o&g 24hr.Thereafter no more bleed for me.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
If your e2 is this high, it really is not advisable to continue with transfer. Don't play play with OHSS. Esp if you get a BFP, you have to deal with the horrible bloating, plus all the water retention everywhere. No insurance coverage if you end up hospitalized also.

Plus e2 high, likely environment is not very conducive for embryos to stick and grow also. Wouldn't it be better to let the hormones reset and transfer when body is in a better condition?
Yeah I guess so... just have a Christmas trip booked, looking like I might have to cancel it. Hubs and I have been so looking forward to seeing through the ivf process till the end... and the fact that we may (and will most likely) have to wait a while more is a little disheartening... sigh

Oddly enough, prof wasn't the one to raise the flag, it was the nurse who told me her concerns. I'll definitely go with whatever prof recommends. He didn't seem to concerned with my high e2 from Monday either (about 15k).

Sigh, wish I had done better with my diet to avoid this OHSS risk.

Which hospital did u do the laparoscopy, how much was it and can it be claimed using insurance? paiseh many questions haha
I did mine at NUH... total bill about $4500, i claimed $4000+ via my company insurance... rest deducted thru medishield, actually it depends on how the dr writes the diagnosis, dr must not write anything related to infertility.. we wun get to claim anything from insurance if infertility is written

Yeah I guess so... just have a Christmas trip booked, looking like I might have to cancel it. Hubs and I have been so looking forward to seeing through the ivf process till the end... and the fact that we may (and will most likely) have to wait a while more is a little disheartening... sigh

Oddly enough, prof wasn't the one to raise the flag, it was the nurse who told me her concerns. I'll definitely go with whatever prof recommends. He didn't seem to concerned with my high e2 from Monday either (about 15k).

Sigh, wish I had done better with my diet to avoid this OHSS risk.

Absolutely nothing your diet would have done.

I think you should relax. If it's not feasible to do the transfer then take a short rest and do FET. All these things are out of our control. Furthermore, you never know if it's a blessing in disguise. I'd say just relax and go with the flow. :)

Just transferred a day 6 good grade blast under Dr Chieng at virtus.
It's my only blast and it survived the transportation fr KKH to virtus and also the thaw today so really hope it sticks! 2ww starts and really trying to stay calm and relaxed..fingers & toes all crossed this cycle! Jia you all!
Good luck cen! Take care rest well!

I think you should relax. If it's not feasible to do the transfer then take a short rest and do FET. All these things are out of our control. Furthermore, you never know if it's a blessing in disguise. I'd say just relax and go with the flow. :)
Yeah I had a good cry yesterday (think it was all the hormones) and felt instantly better afterwards haha. I've now come to terms with the fact that i might not do a fresh transfer. In some cases FET is the better route as high e2 affects implantation, so I think that's better for me. Thanks definitely going to relax and leave it all in the good hands of Prof!

Reactions: cen
Ah ok! I didn't know that haha. I thought some ladies take egg whites etc to help prevent ohss. I read on another forum that drinking Gatorade helps as well...

Prof explained in the seminar before, taking proteins during stim period is just a myth.

The only time they recommend higher intake of proteins, is when we are down with OHSS (that is after retrieval) - because the body's ability to take in proteins is affected, therefore need to increase intake to balance that deficit. I assume it's similar concept for the energy drinks cos of electrolytes (but prof didn't mention that).

Nothing I ate helped me with my bloating for all my cycles. Just got to find comfortable positions to rest.

Yeah I had a good cry yesterday (think it was all the hormones) and felt instantly better afterwards haha. I've now come to terms with the fact that i might not do a fresh transfer. In some cases FET is the better route as high e2 affects implantation, so I think that's better for me. Thanks definitely going to relax and leave it all in the good hands of Prof!

Yup yup. My first IVF, I was upset when I had to delay the transfer due to high progesterone but I actually strike with the FET.

This 2nd IVF, my Dr and the nurses suggested doing FET too as it had worked for me the first time round. My Dr and hubby suggested for me to wait a couple of mth before the FET but I wanted to do the very next cycle. We waited and tested for ovulation + I become super stressed & drained but in the end, my follicle shrank before I ovulated. I was upset but I told myself i should just relax. Now I decide to wait till jan 2018 to do my FET. Maybe I will relax and go holiday etc first.

Prof explained in the seminar before, taking proteins during stim period is just a myth.

The only time they recommend higher intake of proteins, is when we are down with OHSS (that is after retrieval) - because the body's ability to take in proteins is affected, therefore need to increase intake to balance that deficit. I assume it's similar concept for the energy drinks cos of electrolytes (but prof didn't mention that).

Nothing I ate helped me with my bloating for all my cycles. Just got to find comfortable positions to rest.
Thanks for this info - I did not get the opportunity to go for the seminar so this is really helpful!

Leave it all to the professionals and god and faith. I went thru medicated fet with lining 5.8mm only. Wanted to cancel the cycle but was my only left 2 embbies of day.3.so proceeded with transfer with open mind and cdnt careless feeling with no diet restrictions.Turned out bfp suprisingly. Take care gdluck.

Back