IVF/ICSI Support Group

Anyone going through IVF (in vitro fertilization) or just completed the transfer (fresh or frozen?)

I did an FET on the 7th of July at SGH with Dr Yu. And in the first few days, felt these twinges and pulls in my abdomen but today, feel absolutely nothing. I feel like I can go on a good run today (although I know I shouldn't).

Anyone going through this torment of the two week wait. My test is only 18 July! It feels like months away!

I keep having dreams that I'm pregnant. Did anyone have that before their BFP? I hope I dont get my hopes too high... for now I'm trying to be very real and not rely on dreams to determine these things.

Anyone going through IVF (in vitro fertilization) or just completed the transfer (fresh or frozen?)

I did an FET on the 7th of July at SGH with Dr Yu. And in the first few days, felt these twinges and pulls in my abdomen but today, feel absolutely nothing. I feel like I can go on a good run today (although I know I shouldn't).

Anyone going through this torment of the two week wait. My test is only 18 July! It feels like months away!

I keep having dreams that I'm pregnant. Did anyone have that before their BFP? I hope I dont get my hopes too high... for now I'm trying to be very real and not rely on dreams to determine these things.
i have dreams i am pregnant but BFN.

I recently went for FET (29 Jun). Had the twinges and pulling in the 1-3 days immediately after the FET. BFP (home urine test) on the 5th day after FET, doing the HCG blood test today to check HCG levels. Fingers crossed its a decent HCG level.

If u are super curious and cannot wait until the 2 weeks is up to do a blood test, do a urine test after the 5th day on first-thing-in-the-morning urine. Good luck ... TWW is a permanent suspense and torturous waiting.

I recently went for FET (29 Jun). Had the twinges and pulling in the 1-3 days immediately after the FET. BFP (home urine test) on the 5th day after FET, doing the HCG blood test today to check HCG levels. Fingers crossed its a decent HCG level.

If u are super curious and cannot wait until the 2 weeks is up to do a blood test, do a urine test after the 5th day on first-thing-in-the-morning urine. Good luck ... TWW is a permanent suspense and torturous waiting.

Wow!! I wish you all the best dear! You must be so excited and happy! Do update us on your HCG results. Just be positive and think good thoughts?
Did you have any symptoms?

Symptoms in chronological order

- twinges pulling feeling in uterus, one side. Doesn't feel like period cramps, its truly a unique feeling I never felt before
- vivid dreams. Didn't dream I was pregnant, just dream of all sorts of weird things and situations and cannot remember what the dream was but its weird.
- improved sense of smell
- Taste change. Coke tastes like pepsi. Start to prefer tea to coffee (I normally love coffee). Increased sensitivity to garlic (I normally love garlic)
- slightly drier skin and lips
- get hungry more quickly, but also get full more quickly

I didn't get any nausea or severe tiredness. My boobs remained soft and not sore (normally when my period is coming it gets harder and sore)

I don't know if its the IVF drugs (estrogen pills, progesterone pills & inserts) causing these symptoms or embryo causing these symptoms, but this is how I felt.

Dear Sisters

Reporting my Beta-HCG results!
Apparently its in the normal range. According to one nurse anything >50 is okay. But according to another nurse the target is >400 on Day 18 . LOL.

8dp5dt, Day 13 (7 Jul) -----104.1
13dp5dt , Day 18 (12 Jul) -----637

Baby dust to all !!!
congrat! any tips to share? why are you able to do an early blood test?

congrat! any tips to share? why are you able to do an early blood test?

Hi
No particular tips to share. I ate drank and did everything normally, but I did eat more fruit/veg/high quality protein and tried to stay positive. I asked for one week medical leave but went shopping, pokemon, normal stuff.

I had spotting on Day 12, so went to see doc on Day 13 and he ordered a blood test to check my progesterone and HCG levels. The Day 18 blood test is the typical post-two-week blood test and only the HCG levels were checked

Me! My blood test is this Fri.

Hi Ladies,

I have done my ER early April this year. And my menses came on 12 Apr 17 (1st menses after ER). Until now I am waiting for 2nd menses after ER to do the natural FET.

I am not a regular menses person (ranging from 35 days to 50+ days).

And currently I am not pregnant too. Right now I am so afraid as menses have been delayed for so Long.

I have called up KKH and mentioned that they will highlight to Dr THH to check if i am able to take medication to induce my menses.

Anyone experience delayed menses after ER and BFP after doing the Medicated FET? I always thought medication FET will be harmful for the body.

I also have issue in swallowing big pills, mini pills are fine though. Any idea what is the size of the pills for medicated FET and how many different types we need to consume?

Other than that do we need to jab?

Can anyone pls enlighten me.
Thanks!

Last edited:
All the best Purple! You did yours in SGH as well?

So far any symptoms?

I'm with KKH, Dr Jerry Chan. I felt the cramps for a few days after ET, recently not really anymore except the night before. I been testing on PTK this week but so far no positive results yet. Tmr is blood test day, feeling excited and scared at the same time.

Hi Ladies,

I have done my ER early April this year. And my menses came on 12 Apr 17 (1st menses after ER). Until now I am waiting for 2nd menses after ER to do the natural FET.

And currently I am not pregnant too. Right now I am so afraid as menses have been delayed for so Long.

I have called up KKH and mentioned that they will highlight to Dr THH to check if i am able to take medication to induce my menses.

Anyone experience delayed menses after ER and BFP after doing the Medicated FET? I always though medication FET will be harmful for the body.

I also have issue in swallowing big pills, mini pills are fine though. Any idea what is the size of the pills for medicated FET and how many different types we need to consume?

Thanks!
yes delayed menses is common. especially if you have irregular menses.
if you feel medicated FET is "harmful" so is the entire process of IVF.

Hi Ladies,

Anyone experience delayed menses after ER and BFP after doing the Medicated FET? I always thought medication FET will be harmful for the body.

Thanks!

Hi dear...

Basically the medicated FET adds hormones to your body to prepare it for the transfer. I got only progynova (two tiny blue pills to pop twice a day) followed with pessaries thrice a day.

When I did my first IVF, the medicine and injections were brutal. And the hormones from the treatment affected me. I did my IVF in Nov/ Dec last year and in January, I got my period thrice! When I went to see my doc, she did a scan and found one of my ovaries just refusing to release the overmatured egg, so I got a HCG injection and things got back to normal.

Maybe you could check with your doc on this? The pros and cons of a medicated vs natural cycle.

yes delayed menses is common. especially if you have irregular menses.
if you feel medicated FET is "harmful" so is the entire process of IVF.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
That's why I was so stubborn to wait for my menses to arrive since April till now. Now I'll just give in to medicated FET if doc gives the green light

Hi dear...

Basically the medicated FET adds hormones to your body to prepare it for the transfer. I got only progynova (two tiny blue pills to pop twice a day) followed with pessaries thrice a day.

When I did my first IVF, the medicine and injections were brutal. And the hormones from the treatment affected me. I did my IVF in Nov/ Dec last year and in January, I got my period thrice! When I went to see my doc, she did a scan and found one of my ovaries just refusing to release the overmatured egg, so I got a HCG injection and things got back to normal.

Maybe you could check with your doc on this? The pros and cons of a medicated vs natural cycle.

Hi Dear,

Oh dear, how was the HCG injection? I was opposite from you. You are having too much menses after ER and I am having no menses after ER.

What are pessaries?

Ya I have called the KKH hotline, they mentioned they check w doctor and get back to me soon.

To me, this is very scary, I told my hubby not sure if I am gg into menospause stage though I'm just 30 years old. **Touch wood

Hi everyone, I just had ER today. Retrieved 8 eggs but only 2 are matured. Hubby is on standby, may need to go down tmr to send sperm if other eggs can mature in the lab. Praying hard now. Hope got embryos to transfer on sat!

Hi Dear,

Oh dear, how was the HCG injection? I was opposite from you. You are having too much menses after ER and I am having no menses after ER.

What are pessaries?

Ya I have called the KKH hotline, they mentioned they check w doctor and get back to me soon.

To me, this is very scary, I told my hubby not sure if I am gg into menospause stage though I'm just 30 years old. **Touch wood

HCG injection was ok... it's taken in the tummy area.

Pessaries are capsules or bullets that you insert through your 'down there'. Not a pleasant picture huh?

Hi Ladies,

Thanks!
Medicated Fet small pills..Abt 4 of them depends on ur lining..No injection so far as im concerned. Once lining optimal proceed for Et..blast or not depends hw many embbies u have in store...

HCG injection was ok... it's taken in the tummy area.

Pessaries are capsules or bullets that you insert through your 'down there'. Not a pleasant picture huh?

Hopefully either my menses will be here soon or the doc will do smth to it.

Oh I get what u mean already. It's the insert that we have to be at our V area.

Medicated Fet small pills..Abt 4 of them depends on ur lining..No injection so far as im concerned. Once lining optimal proceed for Et..blast or not depends hw many embbies u have in store...

Thanks for your info. This case i thk the pill size should be fine for me. Currently I have 2 Blasts left.

Hi sister , anyone heard about embryo glue ?
the lab will add sth in the dish for the embryo which help for embryo implantation . Heard BKK got such practices, dun noe if sin got such practices or not

Hi all,

I have called up KKH to check if I am to do medicated FET. So the Doctor has given me a green light to do as my last mense was 12 April 2017 (1st menses after ER) and until now I do not have any menses.

I will be collecting the medication and do my urine test tml.

The nurse told me that my 1st medication to induce the mense is called "Dyrogesteron 10mg". Anyone has been given this medication?

I read that this medication helps to induce mense and also help in preventing miscarriage.

But the side effect of this medication is quite horrible.

The nurse told me after this medication, my mense will be arriving in 5 to 7 days. Then I call KKH to arrange for FET to be done. However I'll need to take this medication called "progynova", is it in a gel form?

Hopefully everything will be fine and I'll be able to start my FET soon.

Hi all,

I have called up KKH to check if I am to do medicated FET. So the Doctor has given me a green light to do as my last mense was 12 April 2017 (1st menses after ER) and until now I do not have any menses.

The nurse told me that my 1st medication to induce the mense is called "Dyrogesteron 10mg". Anyone has been given this medication?

I read that this medication helps to induce mense and also help in preventing miscarriage.

The nurse told me after this medication, my mense will be arriving in 5 to 7 days. Then I call KKH to arrange for FET to be done. However I'll need to take this medication called "progynova", is it in a gel form?

That's good news! You are getting a headstart on things.

The progynova I use is in pill form. I take 4 tablets a day. I have been taking it in preparation for my FET and post FET.

Hi all,

It's basically progesterone. Don't worry about the side effects, your body would have produced that same hormone during luteal phase (after ovulation) of every cycle.

Normally, period comes when progesterone level drops. So now artificially, taking the medicine, then stopping it tricks the body to think that it's the trigger for period to start.

Progynova are small tablets for oral consumption.

Hi all,

Dont think too much and just do whatever yr doctor asked u to do.
the doctors r there for a reason. they r professional.
either u choose to take or u choose not to take n wait for it to come.

relax and just go with the flow. dont keep on worrying about all these insignificant things.
u asked so much serve what purpose? do u feel that u r more uptight by asking all these qns?
sorry i'm blant but i have heard of how tcm doctors have told their patients the wife liked v ganchiong n worry abt this n that. yr mood plays a good part and i am telling u to learn to let go n relax. to learn to trust the professionals.
the mood will create diff type of chemicals in the brain too. that in turn will affect the well being of the person

but one thing i want to tell u is to to eat more soft boiled eggs everyday (2 should be enough) kampong eggs once u start yr pills n all the way till retrieval. more proteins n improve yr egg quality

take ginger tea if need to if yr womb is cold. soak legs if yr body is weak structure to improve blood circulation. but stop when u r going to do retrieval or if u feel u r having fever.
if u r seeing tcm u can ask when to stop soaking legs. soak till u feel u r going to sweat n u can stop. dont soak until u break up in sweat. n change clothes n go sleep. dont shower

i hope this helps n hope u understand where i'm coming from when i'm asking u to stop asking all these unnecessary qns n make yrself so uptight.
if you have a religion, pray n relax yr mind.

Last edited:
It's basically progesterone. Don't worry about the side effects, your body would have produced that same hormone during luteal phase (after ovulation) of every cycle.

Normally, period comes when progesterone level drops. So now artificially, taking the medicine, then stopping it tricks the body to think that it's the trigger for period to start.

Progynova are small tablets for oral consumption.

Thanks for the info. Hoping everything will be smooth and fine :)

Dont think too much and just do whatever yr doctor asked u to do.
the doctors r there for a reason. they r professional.
either u choose to take or u choose not to take n wait for it to come.

relax and just go with the flow. dont keep on worrying about all these insignificant things.
u asked so much serve what purpose? do u feel that u r more uptight by asking all these qns?
sorry i'm blant but i have heard of how tcm doctors have told their patients the wife liked v ganchiong n worry abt this n that. yr mood plays a good part and i am telling u to learn to let go n relax. to learn to trust the professionals.
the mood will create diff type of chemicals in the brain too. that in turn will affect the well being of the person

but one thing i want to tell u is to to eat more soft boiled eggs everyday (2 should be enough) kampong eggs once u start yr pills n all the way till retrieval. more proteins n improve yr egg quality

take ginger tea if need to if yr womb is cold. soak legs if yr body is weak structure to improve blood circulation. but stop when u r going to do retrieval or if u feel u r having fever.
if u r seeing tcm u can ask when to stop soaking legs. soak till u feel u r going to sweat n u can stop. dont soak until u break up in sweat. n change clothes n go sleep. dont shower

i hope this helps n hope u understand where i'm coming from when i'm asking u to stop asking all these unnecessary qns n make yrself so uptight.
if you have a religion, pray n relax yr mind.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I'm indeed nervous as this is my first time experiencing no menses for 60 over days. I thought it would be lift threatening that's why have to seek advice from the sisters here. And most of them did tell me their experience and advise me what to do which I feel very appreciated.

I know a lot my sisters will feel lost and will come to this forum for advice. Which I find that it really helps me a lot in my ER previously. At least I did take note of what to eat & what not to do.

Else I'll be a clueless person as the Doctors will not tell u what u can eat or what u cannot do.

This forum really help me a lot in gaining IVF information, of course in future when I conceive, I'll contribute my information to the rest of the sisters too. I would like to help them in another way too.

Hope my questions did not offend you and hope u can give all of us a chance to voice out our concerns or rather our worries.

Yes I have given full trust to my DR including the medical team else I wouldn't be in this IVF road.

After all, all of us just want a positive result.

And thanks for your advices on those remedies. Appreciate it!

Last edited:
May I know what is the medication given for your Medicated FET? Are you a regular menses person?
Im all along having regular menses.the dr sugest for medicated due to my main problem is thin lining bcoz of asherman syndrome frm d&c..this syndrome cause emby dificult to implant.my transfer was done when lining 5.8 only despite max dose of progynova tablets.i wanted to cancel the cycle but the dr pushed me not to and just have faith.i followed his advice still proceed with the cycle but nvr expect anytin.so wen i bfp kinda suprised and blessed.

Im all along having regular menses.the dr sugest for medicated due to my main problem is thin lining bcoz of asherman syndrome frm d&c..this syndrome cause emby dificult to implant.my transfer was done when lining 5.8 only despite max dose of progynova tablets.i wanted to cancel the cycle but the dr pushed me not to and just have faith.i followed his advice still proceed with the cycle but nvr expect anytin.so wen i bfp kinda suprised and blessed.

Inspiration story :) Hope I'll be able to grab some baby dust from u. Haha. Take good care!

Hi all,

I had that medication dydrogestrone when inducing menses.but ive no side effects tho.im a regilar menstrual cycle tho.only that 1 mmt abt to start Fet menses delay a month.so kkh gave me that medication.i took.
And progynova is small blue tablet...will start low dose and gradualy increase in number of pills depending on ur lining...gd luck for ur upcoming cycle!

I had that medication dydrogestrone when inducing menses.but ive no side effects tho.im a regilar menstrual cycle tho.only that 1 mmt abt to start Fet menses delay a month.so kkh gave me that medication.i took.
And progynova is small blue tablet...will start low dose and gradualy increase in number of pills depending on ur lining...gd luck for ur upcoming cycle!
Hahaha yes yes! All the best to all the sisters too :)

Back