IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies, I'm intending to do FET at virtus with Dr Roland.
I just went to virtus for financial Counselling and realised they charge $1250 for thawed unsuccessful cycle.
Question: Do they charge for the thawing fees at public Hospitals if the embryo thawed did not survive? I did 2 fresh at KKH before but never done FET before so just wondering if KKH NUH or SGH charges for thawing itself if the embryos all didn't survive.
I mean it seems reasonable to charge since work is done but seems a bit steep. I had the impression clinics only charge for the drugs in medicated cycle but if no embryos survive for transfer eventually they won't charge separately for thawing.

Also, the transfer charges itself is another $4000 ($3000 + $1000surgeon fee). This excludes doc's fees and medications before the FET. Anyone has an idea of dr Roland's clinic charges for each scan and the approx medication cost for medicated cycle?

Wanna estimate the overall cost before I decide. I alrdy signed the consent form to take my last frozen embryo out fr KKH but may decide to leave it there if the outside FET is too ex. And maybe do a fresh at another public hospital instead.

Hope to get some answers here. Thanks!

Hello

I did IVF with Dr Roland Chieng at Virtus recently
Total cost of IVF (meds to grow eggs + harvest eggs + fertilisation + freeze blastocyst+ implantation) = S$18K
Cost breakdown below:

implantation - S$4280
cleaning mousse, ultrogestan, progynova,duphaston - S$ 310
frozen cycle package (+folic acid, progynova) - S$900
oocyte retrieval - S$3148
zofran - S$44
1ovidrel and 1lucrin - S$ 310
1gonalf 2luveris 2orgalutuan - S$1402
3 gonalf, 3orgalutran,4 luveris - S$3422
fresh cycle for ultrasound and blood tests - S$2102
5 gonalf 300- iu S$2407

Got a positive test (via home pregnancy urine test five days after blastocyst transfer). This is my first IVF. In my opinion he is a good doctor.

Just wanted to share my story, hope it encourages readers somewhat.

I've been trying to conceive for many, many years.

I first went to TMC/ TLC (Dr Eunice Chua) but had a negative experience. I waited 2h for her in a super crowded and old clinic, and she was rude to me. I squirmed and was uncomfortable with the vaginal ultrasound. Basically she scolded me - she remarked why I cannot tolerate the scan when other women can and why am I making strange noises (I was very uncomfortable with the vaginal scan). This was the first time I met her! So rude. I can't believe she is a popular doctor.

Then quite accidentally via facebook I heard about Virtus, and went for their free talk and found the doctors sincere. Went to see Dr Roland Chieng (did a bit of internet research and the reviews on him seemed okay) I saw that his clinic in Mt E Novena was newer, equipment seemed newer, and he was A LOT more patient with me despite my squirming everytime there is an ultrasound. Anyway since I am married many years and I'm past 35 and we found male factor issues, Dr Roland recommended go straight to IVF. This is my first IVF. Inject whatever at what time, do blood test at which date, turn up at clinic when, I just follow instructions.

I wasn't responding well to the FSH initially. Dr Chieng detected it early and upped my dose of Gonal F to 375ul, which I think is quite high based on my internet reading. Thankfully he did coz I at least managed to produce enough eggs, and with ICSI due to male factor issues to fertilise the egg, we produced 3 blastocysts suitable for freezing. I didn't get OHSS despite such a high dose of Gonal F.

I also found the staff at Virtus pleasant and professional. Virtus embryologists were responsible for the ICSI, blastocyst freezing and thawing. All major procedures (egg retrieval, blastocyst implantation) are done at Virtus. As a bonus, its a very nice clinic at Scotts and convenient too :)

Anyway, I am glad to have BFP with the first IVF and competent doctors (Dr Roland & the other doctors at Virtus) pray that it grows into a healthy baby.

Hello

Total cost of IVF (meds to grow eggs + harvest eggs + fertilisation + freeze blastocyst+ implantation) = S$18K
Cost breakdown below:

implantation - S$4280
zofran - S$44
5 gonalf 300- iu S$2407

Got a positive test (via home pregnancy urine test five days after blastocyst transfer). This is my first IVF. In my opinion he is a good doctor.
Thanks for taking time to reply! Congrats and Have a smooth pregnancy ahead!
What did u try to do during the FET and post transfer?

congrats. mind sharing how many blast did u transfer? what grade of blasts?what med he gives after transfer? what did you do during the 2ww, rest at home or working?

Just wanted to share my story, hope it encourages readers somewhat.

I've been trying to conceive for many, many years.

I first went to TMC/ TLC (Dr Eunice Chua) but had a negative experience. I waited 2h for her in a super crowded and old clinic, and she was rude to me. I squirmed and was uncomfortable with the vaginal ultrasound. Basically she scolded me - she remarked why I cannot tolerate the scan when other women can and why am I making strange noises (I was very uncomfortable with the vaginal scan). This was the first time I met her! So rude. I can't believe she is a popular doctor.

Then quite accidentally via facebook I heard about Virtus, and went for their free talk and found the doctors sincere. Went to see Dr Roland Chieng (did a bit of internet research and the reviews on him seemed okay) I saw that his clinic in Mt E Novena was newer, equipment seemed newer, and he was A LOT more patient with me despite my squirming everytime there is an ultrasound. Anyway since I am married many years and I'm past 35 and we found male factor issues, Dr Roland recommended go straight to IVF. This is my first IVF. Inject whatever at what time, do blood test at which date, turn up at clinic when, I just follow instructions.

I wasn't responding well to the FSH initially. Dr Chieng detected it early and upped my dose of Gonal F to 375ul, which I think is quite high based on my internet reading. Thankfully he did coz I at least managed to produce enough eggs, and with ICSI due to male factor issues to fertilise the egg, we produced 3 blastocysts suitable for freezing. I didn't get OHSS despite such a high dose of Gonal F.

I also found the staff at Virtus pleasant and professional. Virtus embryologists were responsible for the ICSI, blastocyst freezing and thawing. All major procedures (egg retrieval, blastocyst implantation) are done at Virtus. As a bonus, its a very nice clinic at Scotts and convenient too :)

Anyway, I am glad to have BFP with the first IVF and competent doctors (Dr Roland & the other doctors at Virtus) pray that it grows into a healthy baby.

Hi what support meds are u on now?

Thanks for taking time to reply! Congrats and Have a smooth pregnancy ahead!
What did u try to do during the FET and post transfer?

Hi Cen

Thank you. I really hope this ends well i.e. not a chemical.

I asked for one week medical leave after the FET. But I was rather naughty. Errm.... immediately after the FET I ate tim ho wan tim sum (coz I had to fast 6h and hungry, tim ho wan is also at Scotts same building as Virtus) then went back to rest. The very next day I walked around for hours playing Pokemon Raid. Drank the usual cold drinks (ice lemon tea, coke), drank coffee, tea ..... but in slightly less volume. Maybe 30% less volume of caffenated drinks, tried to drink less cold drinks but its soooo hard to avoid drinks that I love (I looove coffee & tea)and SG is so hot. Ate much less ice cream than normal e.g. instead of 2 scoop I ate half a scoop. I did however increase the intake of vegetables and fruits by double the amount for one week, and ate good quality protein e.g. at least one egg every day fried in olive oil, and good quality pork, chicken. I tend to have cold feet so I wore socks whenever the feet felt cold. I tried to stay positive in spirit.

The two week wait is hard. Tried to distract myself with pokemon and shopping, but still end up internet reading for hours and trying to guess whether i was undergoing positive or negative symptoms.

For those also in two week wait, these were my symptoms which turned out positive. I hope u find some comfort :
- twinging, tugging, pulling sensation at one side of the uterus (for me its the left side) for a few days after the FET. I think my right side is permanently sleeping coz no mature eggs were retrieved from right side, all my mature eggs were from the left. Omigod :(
- slightly enhanced sense of smell.
- still enjoyed my coffee and coke, but somehow enjoy it a bit less than normal. Tastebuds changed a little bit. Found garlic more strong than usual.
- other tips: Clear Blue pregnancy test is very accurate. It detected my pregnancy 5 days after the blastocyst transfer (5dp5dt i.e. 5 day post 5 day transfer) Use it on first-thing-in-the-morning urine. But its not cheap, slightly more than S$10 per test. Do not bother to use it on dilute urine coz its just wasting money and u will get nervous thinking something bad happened.

After the one week medical leave, I went back to work. Wisdom of hindsight wasn't a good idea to walk around with a laptop and skip lunch, coz I started cramping and spotting. Went to see Dr Roland the next day in a panic, and received one painful progesterone injection in the upper butt by the nurse. I also got a blood test for HCG and progesterone levels, which confirms my pregnancy :)

Hello

Cost breakdown below:

implantation - S$4280
zofran - S$44
5 gonalf 300- iu S$2407

Congrats on ur bfp... ya he is getting popular w lots of ladies mentioning him in forum now..

congrats. mind sharing how many blast did u transfer? what grade of blasts?what med he gives after transfer? what did you do during the 2ww, rest at home or working?

Hi

I only got 3 blastocysts of good enough quality to freeze. 2 were 'Very Good Quality' at Day 5. 1 was 'Above Average Quality' at Day 6. The third one seems to be a late developer and Virtus would discard it if it didn't catch up by Day 6. I think of the first 2 as RJC types, and the third one NJC type. Hahaha. Sorry no intent to insult NJC (I have smart friends from there too) but just my analogy for later developing blastocysts which also turned out very good.

Dr Roland and Virtus always prefer to transfer just 1 embryo, because multiples have higher risks for both baby and mother. So after thinking hard about it, I transfered only 1 Above Average Quality embryo.

For info, the risk of Twins despite transfering 1 embryo is 8% in IVF scenario. In natural conception, the frequency of twins is 0.5% in the general population

The med after transfer is the same as what I am eating now: 2x Progynova, 3xDuphaston, 2x3 Utrogestan,1 Folic Acid.
Stay at home the night after transfer, the next day playing Pokemon. Pls see my other long reply.

Hi Cen

Thank you. I really hope this ends well i.e. not a chemical.

I asked for one week medical leave after the FET. But I was rather naughty. Errm.... immediately after the FET I ate tim ho wan tim sum (coz I had to fast 6h and hungry, tim ho wan is also at Scotts same building as Virtus) then went back to rest. The very next day I walked around for hours playing Pokemon Raid. Drank the usual cold drinks (ice lemon tea, coke), drank coffee, tea ..... but in slightly less volume. Maybe 30% less volume of caffenated drinks, tried to drink less cold drinks but its soooo hard to avoid drinks that I love (I looove coffee & tea)and SG is so hot. Ate much less ice cream than normal e.g. instead of 2 scoop I ate half a scoop. I did however increase the intake of vegetables and fruits by double the amount for one week, and ate good quality protein e.g. at least one egg every day fried in olive oil, and good quality pork, chicken. I tend to have cold feet so I wore socks whenever the feet felt cold. I tried to stay positive in spirit.

The two week wait is hard. Tried to distract myself with pokemon and shopping, but still end up internet reading for hours and trying to guess whether i was undergoing positive or negative symptoms.

For those also in two week wait, these were my symptoms which turned out positive. I hope u find some comfort :
- twinging, tugging, pulling sensation at one side of the uterus (for me its the left side) for a few days after the FET. I think my right side is permanently sleeping coz no mature eggs were retrieved from right side, all my mature eggs were from the left. Omigod :(
- slightly enhanced sense of smell.
- still enjoyed my coffee and coke, but somehow enjoy it a bit less than normal. Tastebuds changed a little bit. Found garlic more strong than usual.
- other tips: Clear Blue pregnancy test is very accurate. It detected my pregnancy 5 days after the blastocyst transfer (5dp5dt i.e. 5 day post 5 day transfer) Use it on first-thing-in-the-morning urine. But its not cheap, slightly more than S$10 per test. Do not bother to use it on dilute urine coz its just wasting money and u will get nervous thinking something bad happened.

After the one week medical leave, I went back to work. Wisdom of hindsight wasn't a good idea to walk around with a laptop and skip lunch, coz I started cramping and spotting. Went to see Dr Roland the next day in a panic, and received one painful progesterone injection in the upper butt by the nurse. I also got a blood test for HCG and progesterone levels, which confirms my pregnancy :)
i did tested earlier same as you on the 5th day and next monday bt. the test line getting more faint. today test again,the line getting more invisible. im afraid i have chemical pregnancy. did u test few day before your bt and is it more darker?

i did tested earlier same as you on the 5th day and next monday bt. the test line getting more faint. today test again,the line getting more invisible. im afraid i have chemical pregnancy. did u test few day before your bt and is it more darker?

Could it be variation due to urine concentration There was one day where I went to the toilet, then had breakfast and drank a lot of water, then upon urine test ClearBlue it was Nothing! Negative! Then in the afternoon I walked around and waited for urine to concentrate, then test again - Positive. Thinking about it it was probably the urine concentration.

I thought I tested Extremely Faint line on 4dp5dt but it was a real squinter and could have been my imagination. So on 5dp5dt I tested again and it became darker. Because I am nervous and hoping the embryo is still alive I kept on testing every day and making ClearBlue richer and me poorer. The lines became darker. Today is 9dp5dt and I decided to stop urine testing coz its just waste of money. Yesterday 8dpt5dt was my unplanned blood test. Beta HCG =100 at Day 13 (8dpt5dt). I am due for the original blood test on Day 18 (13dpt5dt) and if Beta HCG is doubling as it should in a healthy pregnancy, the target is Beta HCG = 400.

Hi

I only got 3 blastocysts of good enough quality to freeze. 2 were 'Very Good Quality' at Day 5. 1 was 'Above Average Quality' at Day 6. The third one seems to be a late developer and Virtus would discard it if it didn't catch up by Day 6. I think of the first 2 as RJC types, and the third one NJC type. Hahaha. Sorry no intent to insult NJC (I have smart friends from there too) but just my analogy for later developing blastocysts which also turned out very good.

Dr Roland and Virtus always prefer to transfer just 1 embryo, because multiples have higher risks for both baby and mother. So after thinking hard about it, I transfered only 1 Above Average Quality embryo.

For info, the risk of Twins despite transfering 1 embryo is 8% in IVF scenario. In natural conception, the frequency of twins is 0.5% in the general population

The med after transfer is the same as what I am eating now: 2x Progynova, 3xDuphaston, 2x3 Utrogestan,1 Folic Acid.
Stay at home the night after transfer, the next day playing Pokemon. Pls see my other long reply.
thank you sister for the detailed reply. I am with him too. but only have 2 blasts on ice. will transfer later time. I am surprised he didn't prescribe you crinone gel instead of oral progesterone. but anyway hope u have smooth pregnancy till full term. and hope I have Bfp in no time.

thank you sister for the detailed reply. I am with him too. but only have 2 blasts on ice. will transfer later time. I am surprised he didn't prescribe you crinone gel instead of oral progesterone. but anyway hope u have smooth pregnancy till full term. and hope I have Bfp in no time.

Hi Sister

Yeah I also dunno why I got whatever meds. I just follow his instructions.
Wishing u lots and lots of Baby Dust ! Keep us posted!

When is your FET scheduled or is the blastocyst transferred already? Its such an exciting time!

Hi Sister

Yeah I also dunno why I got whatever meds. I just follow his instructions.
Wishing u lots and lots of Baby Dust ! Keep us posted!

When is your FET scheduled or is the blastocyst transferred already? Its such an exciting time!
I haven't transfer yet. maybe next month. it will be my third transfer liao, cautiously optimistic now. Grab ur baby dust !!

Actually most of us start off at public Hospitals due to Budget constraints and when we decide to switch to private hospital, we are still Budget constrained and most docs cost 18-20k per round before Medisave. And by then it's prob our 3rd round or even later alrdy and so Medisave cap at $4000.
When so much has to be spent I find myself at a loss of which private doc to go with.
I go for acu at Thomson and my acu doc recommended Dr LC Foong fr Gleneagles but by then I had alrdy seen dr roland for a first consult and didn't wanna keep spending $ on 1st consult. Was drawn to virtus cos of the newer lab equipment and cultivation to blasts. Hope have good luck with him though I'm not using those techniques cos I'm doingFET with my frozen blast fr KKH earlier.

Just grumbling..baby dust to all still i this journey and hope we all can
Graduate soon! :)

Hi

Sorry realised I made some typos
- I transfered one Very Good Quality blastocyst, not above average
- Dr Roland put me on meds '2x Progynova oral, 3xDuphaston oral, 2x3 Utrogestan Insert,1 Folic Acid oral' before FET, which is exactly the same as what I am still eating now after FET (today is 9dp5dt)

And I told the clinic, pls make me unconscious for the FET. Because I intensely dislike the feeling of something poking around my insides and I knew I would squirm and knock the doctor and cause him to displace my precious blastocyst thus self-sabotaging the entire effort. Virtus charged me an extra S$600 for the anaesthetic. Therefore I paid 18.6K in total (including anaesthesia for FET).

Sorry realised I made some typos
- I transfered one Very Good Quality blastocyst, not above average
- Dr Roland put me on meds '2x Progynova oral, 3xDuphaston oral, 2x3 Utrogestan Insert,1 Folic Acid oral' before FET, which is exactly the same as what I am still eating now after FET (today is 9dp5dt)

And I told the clinic, pls make me unconscious for the FET. Because I intensely dislike the feeling of something poking around my insides and I knew I would squirm and knock the doctor and cause him to displace my precious blastocyst thus self-sabotaging the entire effort. Virtus charged me an extra S$600 for the anaesthetic. Therefore I paid 18.6K in total (including anaesthesia for FET).

Sorry Correction: total bill closer to 19K including the prvilege of being unconscious

Could it be variation due to urine concentration There was one day where I went to the toilet, then had breakfast and drank a lot of water, then upon urine test ClearBlue it was Nothing! Negative! Then in the afternoon I walked around and waited for urine to concentrate, then test again - Positive. Thinking about it it was probably the urine concentration.

I thought I tested Extremely Faint line on 4dp5dt but it was a real squinter and could have been my imagination. So on 5dp5dt I tested again and it became darker. Because I am nervous and hoping the embryo is still alive I kept on testing every day and making ClearBlue richer and me poorer. The lines became darker. Today is 9dp5dt and I decided to stop urine testing coz its just waste of money. Yesterday 8dpt5dt was my unplanned blood test. Beta HCG =100 at Day 13 (8dpt5dt). I am due for the original blood test on Day 18 (13dpt5dt) and if Beta HCG is doubling as it should in a healthy pregnancy, the target is Beta HCG = 400.
may i know when is ur bt? did ubuse the clearblue plus to test? are u able to upload the latest test kit? hope u will update ur result after bt
20170708_105019.jpg 20170708_105019.jpg

Attachments

• 20170707_131700.jpg
    20170707_131700.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 653
Hello

Cost breakdown below:

implantation - S$4280
zofran - S$44
5 gonalf 300- iu S$2407

hi congrats! its a gpod news.
dun mind me asking may i know how serious is yr male factor? is his quantity in millions still?

did dr roland do scratching for you and which date is the srratching done?

may i know when is ur bt? did ubuse the clearblue plus to test? are u able to upload the latest test kit? hope u will update ur result after bt
View attachment 685857 View attachment 685857

Hi Fel C

Is bt = blood test? If so, I went to the Doc and did an unscheduled blood test just yesterday (Fri) coz I had cramping spotting on Thurs. Blood test result as mentioned earlier: Beta HCG 100 at 8dp5dt (Day 13). I am due for the scheduled blood test this coming Wed which corresponds to 13dp5dt (Day 18). According to the nurse, the target is Beta HCG 400 on Wed. Yep will update result after Wed.

Attached my pictures. ClearBlue.
- 3Jul, 4dp5dt. An extremely faint line.
- 4 Jul, 5dp5dt. A visible line
- 6 Jul, 7dp5dt. A clearly visible line

Attachments

• 4dp5dt_3Jul_very faint line.png
    4dp5dt_3Jul_very faint line.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 441
  • 5dp5dt_4Jul_visible line.jpg
    5dp5dt_4Jul_visible line.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 421
  • 7dp5dt_6Jul_clear line.jpg
    7dp5dt_6Jul_clear line.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,114
hi congrats! its a gpod news.
dun mind me asking may i know how serious is yr male factor? is his quantity in millions still?

did dr roland do scratching for you and which date is the srratching done?

Hi ConnieHopeful

The male factor problem was teratozoospermia - sperm with abnormal morphology.
No problems with sperm quantity though, its in the millions.
Virtus did ICSI to overcome the male factor problem.

Nope, Dr Roland didn't do scratching. He didn't suggest a scratch.

Hi Fel C

Is bt = blood test? If so, I went to the Doc and did an unscheduled blood test just yesterday (Fri) coz I had cramping spotting on Thurs. Blood test result as mentioned earlier: Beta HCG 100 at 8dp5dt (Day 13). I am due for the scheduled blood test this coming Wed which corresponds to 13dp5dt (Day 18). According to the nurse, the target is Beta HCG 400 on Wed. Yep will update result after Wed.

Attached my pictures. ClearBlue.
- 3Jul, 4dp5dt. An extremely faint line.
- 4 Jul, 5dp5dt. A visible line
- 6 Jul, 7dp5dt. A clearly visible line
hi bt is blood test . wow yours darker and darker. i think i might be out. by the way how many u transfer?

Hi ConnieHopeful

The male factor problem was teratozoospermia - sperm with abnormal morphology.
No problems with sperm quantity though, its in the millions.
Virtus did ICSI to overcome the male factor problem.

Nope, Dr Roland didn't do scratching. He didn't suggest a scratch.
dear greenleaf,thanks for e revert. abnormal morphology does not reali matter for icsi. its great to bfp without scratching! congrats on e bfp at 1st attempt. enjoy yr pregnancy! :)

Sorry Correction: total bill closer to 19K including the prvilege of being unconscious

Roland skills is good tat I used to have problem doing et/Fet where dr struggle as Long as 45mins to an hour. But Roland got the hang of it n do it in less than 5 mins for both my bfp.
Crinone gel is more ex n the discharge after a week insert is a lot n may itch,so he may prescribe utro insert. I personally prefer utro insert as I m allergy to crinone gel
Mayb Roland recent cases got many multiple babies bah cos he didn't suggest single embryo trsf for my case, he did ask how many I said I let him decide do he put 2. 1 implanted n spilt which we nvr expect

Roland skills is good tat I used to have problem doing et/Fet where dr struggle as Long as 45mins to an hour. But Roland got the hang of it n do it in less than 5 mins for both my bfp.
Crinone gel is more ex n the discharge after a week insert is a lot n may itch,so he may prescribe utro insert. I personally prefer utro insert as I m allergy to crinone gel
Mayb Roland recent cases got many multiple babies bah cos he didn't suggest single embryo trsf for my case, he did ask how many I said I let him decide do he put 2. 1 implanted n spilt which we nvr expect

Hi DollyGal

Wow identical twins! Soooo cute. Its such a beautiful story...seems that you were 'destined' to get twins ....

Hope u don't mind me asking, how did you cope with twins during pregnancy and after delivery? Is it very heavy and big to carry, how do u manage the breastfeeding of twins ? What was your tummy diameter?

I was fantasising about twins also before the FET. I have always liked the idea of having twins. It seems so efficient (carry once and can close shop already, done my national duty to replace husband and me), and the babies would have each other for company throughout their lives.... never feeling lonely at all.

Then I thought about it over a few weeks and the idea of breastfeeding twins was what led me to transfer one in the end. I imagined myself breastfeeding one, and the other one crying, and then breastfeeding the other.... and realised I how much work it entailed. So I transferred one in the end, but secretly hoping theblastocyst will split into identical twins. LOL.

Hi DollyGal

Wow identical twins! Soooo cute. Its such a beautiful story...seems that you were 'destined' to get twins ....

Hope u don't mind me asking, how did you cope with twins during pregnancy and after delivery? Is it very heavy and big to carry, how do u manage the breastfeeding of twins ? What was your tummy diameter?

I was fantasising about twins also before the FET. I have always liked the idea of having twins. It seems so efficient (carry once and can close shop already, done my national duty to replace husband and me), and the babies would have each other for company throughout their lives.... never feeling lonely at all.

Then I thought about it over a few weeks and the idea of breastfeeding twins was what led me to transfer one in the end. I imagined myself breastfeeding one, and the other one crying, and then breastfeeding the other.... and realised I how much work it entailed. So I transferred one in the end, but secretly hoping theblastocyst will split into identical twins. LOL.

First scan only saw 1hb n Roland practise now is scan again a week later after first scan. Imagine first scan he check everywhere to make sure the other embryo didn't implant wrong place but a week later we saw 2 hb. At tat moment dun know b happy or wat cos really not prepared at all. It was until week 21 detail scan then the thot of having twins sank into my mind n my discomfort of carrying them starts mid tri 2. Cos I can't eat much as I get bloated easily n it's really getting tough to carry the tummy weight as they grow. Dun know to stand or sit or lie down plus I still have a todd to handle . Then water retention starts on my feet tat I feel pain moving my toes. Luckily essential oil ease my pain greatly daily.
Next worry is I wanna carry both of them to full term (37 weeks) n meet 2.5kg each cos I dun want them to go in nicu. By week 33 I surrender n stop working cos I can't last thru morning sitting at my desk to do work .
I nvr dreamt abt breastfeeding . Have bm then I give dun have I give fm, dun wanna stress over all these. Currently on confinement, I Guess I will feel the stress when cl leaves.
Last pregnancy I put on 12-13 kg
This time with twins I put on 13-14 kg but tummy defintely stretch much bigger than previous , I feel the Big difference , I was Super clumsy this round.
Anyway I dare not go thru another twin pregnancy again, lol I'm scared ...
FYI they were born 2.7 & 2.8kg each.my dr said plus placenta n waterbag, I immediately lose at least 8kg once delivered .
The only pity thing was my twinnies are not delivered by Roland this round .

First scan only saw 1hb n Roland practise now is scan again a week later after first scan. Imagine first scan he check everywhere to make sure the other embryo didn't implant wrong place but a week later we saw 2 hb. At tat moment dun know b happy or wat cos really not prepared at all. It was until week 21 detail scan then the thot of having twins sank into my mind n my discomfort of carrying them starts mid tri 2. Cos I can't eat much as I get bloated easily n it's really getting tough to carry the tummy weight as they grow. Dun know to stand or sit or lie down plus I still have a todd to handle . Then water retention starts on my feet tat I feel pain moving my toes. Luckily essential oil ease my pain greatly daily.
Next worry is I wanna carry both of them to full term (37 weeks) n meet 2.5kg each cos I dun want them to go in nicu. By week 33 I surrender n stop working cos I can't last thru morning sitting at my desk to do work .
I nvr dreamt abt breastfeeding . Have bm then I give dun have I give fm, dun wanna stress over all these. Currently on confinement, I Guess I will feel the stress when cl leaves.
Last pregnancy I put on 12-13 kg
This time with twins I put on 13-14 kg but tummy defintely stretch much bigger than previous , I feel the Big difference , I was Super clumsy this round.
Anyway I dare not go thru another twin pregnancy again, lol I'm scared ...
FYI they were born 2.7 & 2.8kg each.my dr said plus placenta n waterbag, I immediately lose at least 8kg once delivered .
The only pity thing was my twinnies are not delivered by Roland this round .

Wow. It sounds really tough to carry twins. But congratulations on the birth of twins !
Who is your obsterician and which hospital did u deliver please.

I was hoping that Roland does delivery but seems that he doesn't anymore.

Wow. It sounds really tough to carry twins. But congratulations on the birth of twins !
Who is your obsterician and which hospital did u deliver please.

I was hoping that Roland does delivery but seems that he doesn't anymore.

I switch to dr Eunice Chua at Thomson n delivered them there.

I only switch out from Roland when I almost week 20.

Just visited Roland w twinnies last week when I bring them back to kinder clinic for pd review..

Last edited:
i failed my 1st fet today. on day 12dp5dt i start to test negative at home and breast from sore to soft. changing to private doc. i only left 1 frozen blasto:(

i failed my 1st fet today. on day 12dp5dt i start to test negative at home and breast from sore to soft. changing to private doc. i only left 1 frozen blasto:(
Jia you jia you!!! Don lose hope.. maybe u can ask the doc any reason why fail??
Btw u are with which doc??

Hi everyone, my blood test is this Fri and today is supposedly is my period day, thankful that no signs of period yet. But I tried doing a pregnancy test kit and results are negative. Is it too early to test and should I be worried?

Has any ladies experience lining fold during stimm stage and still successfully implant?
My lining is measuring 10mm. Dr. is saying that there's a possible fold or a sudden polyp growth (there's some shadow). I'm at day 9.
Prior to the Stimm there wasn't any cyst or polyp found.

Pumpkin seed - zinc, omega 3. Increase sperm count and improves sexual function.

Almonds and Walnuts - vitamin E. improve female sex drice and prevent miscarriage.

Baked potatoes - vitamin E and B. Enhance cell division increase quality of ova. Helps implanting embryos and prevent early miscarriages.

Asparagus - nourishes the ovum and increase chances of getting pregnant. Increases level of progesterone in women.

Banana - boost sex hormones

Yams - stimulate ovulation

Avocadoes - vitamine E . Strengthen uterine lining and supports implantation.
Thank you for ur replysister .

Back