2016/07 July babies

Does any baby here knows how to crawl already? Mine has no clue and I don't even see her backside popping up.
But mine is like snowfern jr.. the head will arch up and she will inch upward when lying on her back. That's a really new pattern coz i dun remember any of my elder 2 are doing that.

Mine can tuck his knees under his butt and move forward and backward. He moves out of the mattress that I put him on but it's not like he can go where he wants to go. Just trying to move and coordinate his arms/legs ba... minor improvements week by week. Mayb by CNY haha!

Mine raining lesser too but as wat u say, really is because I have lesser hair to rain now. If still raining like before think I will become botak!

My lo having very bad constipation. My mil says it's the cereal that I'm giving. Ask me to give porridge instead. But the problem is I dun think mine can take porridge yet coz she will give that vomit look when there is bits size food. But nonetheless, I still cook porridge for her lor since my mil says that will prevent constipation. What I did is I will cook the porridge with pumpkin then blend it till purée before giving it to her. She doesn't like it much.
I bought avocado too but when i cut it out have those black black strain. I dunno how to describe but after i scrap out those black part I think 3/4 of the avocado gone.. is it suppose to be like that? Maybe I will take a pic of the avocado tmr and seek for guidance here. Today it's going to be the blended porridge with pumpkin. View attachment 672521
That's how my blended porridge looks like. Haha, still in my avent blender.

Either grind the rice into powder then cook or cook rice then blend, like you did. I doubt so little can eat rice bits leh.

Hmmm how do we tell avocado is ripe or not from inside? I follow the guideline share by mummies here to choose avocado from it appearance. But I'm not too sure did I pick the correct one. The first time I bought I need to cut around the seed to open it up, the second time I bought, my knife cut through the seed into half... hmmm why like that? Avocado noob here

Thanks for the link. How do u know the zip is side opening? I can't find it in the description except concealed back zip I know cannot buy...

Those who have daughters the petite matching dresses are so cute! :)

Sorry somehow I cannot paste the photos.

Only this design is suitable :

Savannah Orient In FlowerPower
Beautifully crafted in a modern day cut that can be worn for work or play. A flattering shift day style made with timeless chinese collars, short sleeves and detailed side zip in stunning oriental scrapbook like flowers, inked bright pink on a light pastel blush, complimented with minty petals. Did we mention it’s no coincidence its just perfect for nursing mums as well? J
Crafted with a side pocket, fully lined, not sheer.

Made of non stretch cotton

Model is a UK 6/8, 165cm, wears M for this piece

Hmmm how do we tell avocado is ripe or not from inside? I follow the guideline share by mummies here to choose avocado from it appearance. But I'm not too sure did I pick the correct one. The first time I bought I need to cut around the seed to open it up, the second time I bought, my knife cut through the seed into half... hmmm why like that? Avocado noob here
Lol ur knife jin sharp!! Avocado ripe texture is like..wah. I am stumped. How to describe haha.

Will be easy mash de. Soft soft like steamed sweet potato?? Maybe can watch YouTube for how to cut avocado??

Lol ur knife jin sharp!! Avocado ripe texture is like..wah. I am stumped. How to describe haha.

Will be easy mash de. Soft soft like steamed sweet potato?? Maybe can watch YouTube for how to cut avocado??
Ripe avo will hv nice and soft green flesh. Skin is brown. Texture is like butter just taken out from fridge. If unripe, the skin is green and flesh will b quite hard.
Ntuc selling avos from Mexico, 3 in a pack for 4 + bucks. It comes with pictorial illustration teaching us how to tell the ripeness from skin colour.

I think someone asked about crawling. This is what my Husband and I did when we saw baby trying very hard to move ard. We basically guided her by counting 1-2-3-4 while we bend her right knee, left knee , right knee left knee. We tried to show her that she needs moves her knees to get going.

Later on, she begins to tuck her knees to her stomach. This is when we showed her must coordinate with her arms. So we did 1-2-3-4 complete suite with legs and arms. Somehow my girl got it, especially after we adults demonstrate to her how to crawl on the bed. It sent her giggling. Lol

And now she is moving ard like nobody business. Sometimes she does complete flip cycle (with back thrust fall) and face glide motion to get to her destination.

Today I noticed that her knees and butt are Super high liao. I am waiting to witness the day she sits up by herself.

I think someone asked about crawling. This is what my Husband and I did when we saw baby trying very hard to move ard. We basically guided her by counting 1-2-3-4 while we bend her right knee, left knee , right knee left knee. We tried to show her that she needs moves her knees to get going.

Later on, she begins to tuck her knees to her stomach. This is when we showed her must coordinate with her arms. So we did 1-2-3-4 complete suite with legs and arms. Somehow my girl got it, especially after we adults demonstrate to her how to crawl on the bed. It sent her giggling. Lol

And now she is moving ard like nobody business. Sometimes she does complete flip cycle (with back thrust fall) and face glide motion to get to her destination.

Today I noticed that her knees and butt are Super high liao. I am waiting to witness the day she sits up by herself.
I think KWL Jr v athletic ley!! Bubbles last 2 weeks refused to flip :-/ and she only today then finally eat her toes haha. Wind up being her obsession for today. But before that, she did do a leopard crawl impression during morning tummy time, complete with arm shuffle. And without pointers cos mama dunno how to teach her, seeing as how uncoordinated I myself am XD managed to move forward, but jin lazy. Only if my feet were there for her to push forward with

But I'm happy to report that she is making headway in mimicking sounds, and discovered that she loves babbling along when I read out loud the novel I borrowed from the library last week!! Definitely more fun than a furby XD though I should be more careful about my book choices, it was a Stephen King novel.. .

Sorry somehow I cannot paste the photos.

Only this design is suitable :

Savannah Orient In FlowerPower
Beautifully crafted in a modern day cut that can be worn for work or play. A flattering shift day style made with timeless chinese collars, short sleeves and detailed side zip in stunning oriental scrapbook like flowers, inked bright pink on a light pastel blush, complimented with minty petals. Did we mention it’s no coincidence its just perfect for nursing mums as well? J
Crafted with a side pocket, fully lined, not sheer.

Made of non stretch cotton

Model is a UK 6/8, 165cm, wears M for this piece

Thanks eh @KWL, will go locate this description and check it out!!!

STILL. HAVE. NOT. STARTED. CNY. SHOPPING!

@emk I think my baby girl looks like your boy! Lol!

HahaHaha actually my boy recently keep got mistaken as baby girl ... last Sunday bring him to my mil house, my hub nephew go tell her mother '妹妹来了' *fainted*

HahaHaha actually my boy recently keep got mistaken as baby girl ... last Sunday bring him to my mil house, my hub nephew go tell her mother '妹妹来了' *fainted*

I bring her to shopping centre. A Father told his Daughter in the lift to "sayang 弟弟”。lol.

No leh. I noninstagram. And I never post my daughter's photo on social media haha

Haha I see... then u can tell my baby look from this profile photo ..your eyes powerful haha your girl can crawl already ? Very fast leh

Haha don't know is my knife jin sharp or the avocado over ripe or not yet ripe Haha I got shock too .. one cut open into two

Haha I see... then u can tell my baby look from this profile photo ..your eyes powerful haha your girl can crawl already ? Very fast leh

Not perfect crawl but can move a lot. Need to use pillows and bolsters to block.

Haha the overall feel is alike.

Not perfect crawl but can move a lot. Need to use pillows and bolsters to block.

Haha the overall feel is alike.

Cool, my baby only can move backward and in circle .. sometimes he will make use of the play yard panel to kick and push himself forward..

Anybody plan to go to baby fair? Can help me check if can trade in other brand bottles at Pigeon booth? And the trade in %? Thanks very much

Anybody plan to go to baby fair? Can help me check if can trade in other brand bottles at Pigeon booth? And the trade in %? Thanks very much

Just saw the promo listed in baby world website. They allow trade in of any brand. Just don't know the %. Most likely 30% as mentioned by redvel

I'm going to the baby fair to get a playmat and some baby food to prepare for the upcoming trip.

See got any good deals on baby clothes also, seems like my boy is outgrowing some of the clothes liao...

Just tried the avocado (with my bm) and it taste....yucky hahahaha why baby eats this kind of food? :confused:

I'm going to the baby fair to get a playmat and some baby food to prepare for the upcoming trip.

See got any good deals on baby clothes also, seems like my boy is outgrowing some of the clothes liao...

Just tried the avocado (with my bm) and it taste....yucky hahahaha why baby eats this kind of food? :confused:
Haha! Need to acquire a taste for avocado, otherwise it does taste nasty. Now I love it, have it in sandwiches, with scrambled egg, on its own etc.

My gal also wanna tor at first solid meal of avo. So I skipped it but today I passed it to ifc to let her try again at lunch time. I will know later when I pick her up.

For me I love it! This morning ate the remaining avo spread on bread.

Mummies, when do we intro meat (like fresh fish)? So far it's vegetarian meals. Fish porridge also blend ah? Like quite erxin like that :p

Wah i love avocado de lor. Just spread on buttered toast, or avocado in salad, avocado milkshake... guacamole... During third trimester I had quite a bit. Hope bubbles acquired a taste for it back then haha

Mummies, when do we intro meat (like fresh fish)? So far it's vegetarian meals. Fish porridge also blend ah? Like quite erxin like that :p
Found these in blw grps:
5fde4500c7faa278b367be0b6f3cd1dd.jpg

90721b8e018624b815aacd900ea78d13.jpg

For traditional Chinese I think they usually cook 午鱼 (threadfin) porridge right. But some ppl say don't intro seafood or meat too early or else the taste v strong, either bb reject or love it too much haha. I also not sure. Seems western guidelines vary considerably from Asian diet.

Mixed the avocado with my tuna mayo to make sandwich for my breakfast. I like avocado milkshake though, maybe it's sweeter than so bland~

Hmmm my mum never blend the porridge, she cook it longer and it become sticky type. So far emk jr having porridge and skip one bottle of milk.

Not erxin, quite nice leh I find. I share my previous experience: For each meal, I use a pc of small pc of fish (depends on what you like, usual ones are threadfin, cod fish, salmon), size is a square of approx 2-3 cm). Cook the pc of fish with the porridge, add whatever veg you like (eg carrot, pumpkin, broccoli, baby spinach). When it's cooked, take out the fish and mash it up finely carefully checking for bones, I use fingers to do it so no bones can escape). Stir into porridge and feed.
I started fish and meat after 8 mths, can't remember why, probably read that baby may not be ready before that eg allergies. When even older, I added tomato and home made ikan bilis powder into porridge to give more flavour.
Once we start fish, beware of super smelly poo :D

@redvel - forgot to ask u, how come need to blend since your brown rice already ground into fine powder liao right, or did I remember wrongly?

Thanks mummies for sharing!

@snowfern those pics are very useful. Saved. Yay thanks.

@tuna I also screen shot your post :) Yes you remember right that I make rice powder but I was thinking for fish, no matter how I cook or manual-mesh, can't achieve purée state right? But then like you said, 8mo then start fish then I think no need so puréed by then.

For now, she still prefers very puréed texture. So even if I intro say baby spinach now, still need to blend?

Thanks mummies for sharing!

@snowfern those pics are very useful. Saved. Yay thanks.

@tuna I also screen shot your post :) Yes you remember right that I make rice powder but I was thinking for fish, no matter how I cook or manual-mesh, can't achieve purée state right? But then like you said, 8mo then start fish then I think no need so puréed by then.

For now, she still prefers very puréed texture. So even if I intro say baby spinach now, still need to blend?
I don't know, I've never used a blender for baby food, very traditional one, haha! I remember chopping up the baby spinach before cooking, and I also grated it in the bowl before feeding so it's smoother.
Actually baby spinach is already very soft after cooking, my feel is don't need to blend.

Mine too.. still prefer purée state. Dun think she can take a slight bit of grainy feel stuff. She will give me the vomit look. Maybe give her more time to learn ba. I'm still giving butternut squash twice a day. Sometimes I mixed avocado into it. I stopped my porridge coz she doesn't really like it.. coz after mixing it with the butternut squash, it tends to cover the sweetness of the butternut squash. I'm still trying to figure out how to improve on her constipation condition.

Yup I'm trying to make her drink more water now. She doesn't seems to drink a lot of water coz I intro water quite late to her since she is taking Bm exclusively. I'm so desperate till I go n buy glucose powder and mix into the plain water hoping that she will take more water. Hopefully that helps

I don't know if I can detect constipation anot because my girl's norm is to shit like every 5 days? And yesterday she shit only after 9 days haha

If I'm not wrong, once on solids should poop at least once every day. But I read some mummies say their PD says once every 1-2 days ok, as long as the poo is not hard like pebbles, or bb like straining..then must adjust diet and drink more water.

Mine still poo once or twice a day. With solid, her poo texture is rather creamy. Like her purée. Lol.

I just brought her to supermarket in a ring sling. To n fro at least 20mins walk not counting the shopping time. I'm home and omg my back aches man. My sis has warned me because the sling is one sided so weight is not fairly distributed. With ergo baby don't have such issue. But good thing about this sling I got has light thin material and she doesn't sweat that much.

@redvel which ergo baby model are you using? I just bought a ergobaby adapt cos mine still small. Thought of getting another ergobaby 360 when she is older.

@redvel which ergo baby model are you using? I just bought a ergobaby adapt cos mine still small. Thought of getting another ergobaby 360 when she is older.

I've no idea but I show you the pic. This is passdown. I really didn't do much research on baby wearing. Just trial n error whatever others passed to me.

For this one, when my gal was little, I rolled a thicker towel n let that be her seat. It works very well.

ImageUploadedByForum1484219490.524791.jpg

Oh I see...I can't tell much. Lol. Anyway, going to try on Erin. Then no need push pram anymore.

Today went to ifc to submit documents some more I bought baby Erin with me. See so many babies and the ifc she is going is 1 teacher to 3 babies. See 3 babies cry and teacher trying to handle. See already so heart pain. Wonder when Erin enter and she keep on crying how? Like so poor thing. Then I keep carry baby Erin and look at her.

Oh I see...I can't tell much. Lol. Anyway, going to try on Erin. Then no need push pram anymore.

Today went to ifc to submit documents some more I bought baby Erin with me. See so many babies and the ifc she is going is 1 teacher to 3 babies. See 3 babies cry and teacher trying to handle. See already so heart pain. Wonder when Erin enter and she keep on crying how? Like so poor thing. Then I keep carry baby Erin and look at her.

Hugs. The anxiety is real. I cried so hard before even enrolling her. But trust that it'll get better.

Now my baby comes home always happy. Maybe got many babies to play with. Not that she is big enough to physically play with the korkors and jiejies. But I know she enjoys watching other kids play. Baby going to ifc will also learn to self soothe better.

Mine still poo once or twice a day. With solid, her poo texture is rather creamy. Like her purée. Lol.

I just brought her to supermarket in a ring sling. To n fro at least 20mins walk not counting the shopping time. I'm home and omg my back aches man. My sis has warned me because the sling is one sided so weight is not fairly distributed. With ergo baby don't have such issue. But good thing about this sling I got has light thin material and she doesn't sweat that much.
With ring sling, I find it less taxing if I put her in hip carry position. The cradle position super siong on shoulder!

With ring sling, I find it less taxing if I put her in hip carry position. The cradle position super siong on shoulder!

Oh so baby sitting on my side? Just now she sits chest to my chest. Maybe like that is bad for back? I shall try your advice. Really cannot afford to hurt my back when my 妈妈手still hasn't stopped. Thanks!

Back