2016/07 July babies

Just weighed my gal and looks like she is still in 50percentile. Thought she has dropped the percentile.

Today she doesn't like the carrot porridge. Maybe I didn't cook the carrot mushy enough. And she was a little cranky to begin with. Shall try banana tomorrow.

My LO has been very cranky these few days. She doesn't want to be latched and will cry when I latch her. I also dunno wat happened. Could it be she is feverish after her 5 in 1 injection and hence crankier?
I used to latch her to sleep and in the night whenever she cried, I jus need to latch her and continue my sleep. But for the past 3 nights, she has been fussy and won't want to be latched. What happen to her? And there goes my beauty sleep.
I still stick to my brown rice cereal.. twice a day too. I bought butternut squash already but haven started it. Hmm, maybe I should start soon. But I afraid the butternut squash too yummy till she will reject the cereal later part. What do you all think?

My LO has been very cranky these few days. She doesn't want to be latched and will cry when I latch her. I also dunno wat happened. Could it be she is feverish after her 5 in 1 injection and hence crankier?
I used to latch her to sleep and in the night whenever she cried, I jus need to latch her and continue my sleep. But for the past 3 nights, she has been fussy and won't want to be latched. What happen to her? And there goes my beauty sleep.
I still stick to my brown rice cereal.. twice a day too. I bought butternut squash already but haven started it. Hmm, maybe I should start soon. But I afraid the butternut squash too yummy till she will reject the cereal later part. What do you all think?

I heard abt this when solids are introduced. Baby kinda rejects milk after tasting solid. I haven't experience so cant help.

If I were in your shoes, I will just persevere. And continue trying.

Just curious. If baby doesn't want to latch, then the crying is...? For comfort cuddle? What happens to the night feeds? U do via bottle? Or dropped?

I am collecting passport for baby today, followed by jab at poly]. Pray no fever.

And tmr I feel like bringing her out to a countdown party even though her usual bedtime is 8pm. I think I am mad. But backside itchy feel like trying.

KWL me too leh. Jab then collect passport :)

Weekend is bonus night for my gal. She is allowed to stay out late. But most of the time she already knock out. But at least we are doing activities as a family on weekend.

Verluv my gal started on neat pumpkin and she is still taking brown rice after that although I prefer to add some veg in the rice. Maybe you wanna try dilute the squash with rice?

I feel like buy brocolli n steam n purée this weekend.

KWL me too leh. Jab then collect passport :)

Weekend is bonus night for my gal. She is allowed to stay out late. But most of the time she already knock out. But at least we are doing activities as a family on weekend.

Verluv my gal started on neat pumpkin and she is still taking brown rice after that although I prefer to add some veg in the rice. Maybe you wanna try dilute the squash with rice?

I feel like buy brocolli n steam n purée this weekend.

I am at ICA now! Haha.

Done 6-in-1 and next jab is when she is a year old. Yay no more jabs next 6 months.

Pd says give her one solid meal a day. 8mo then give twice a day.

I still got another one Hep B next month! My girl concuss Liao. Cranky mode earlier cos never sleep from 7am-12pm. This is CNY training. Maybe also training for tmr countdown party if she doesn't develop a fever later

Wow u all already make passport for your LO? That's is fast.. I'm thinking maybe after Chinese New Year then not so peak.
For night feed, I will try to latch her. The night before, she cry and cry so I Juz bottle feed her. Last night she is ok to latch. Haiz really dunno wat she wants sometime. Can someone please invent a crying translator so that I can understand her?

Wow u all already make passport for your LO? That's is fast.. I'm thinking maybe after Chinese New Year then not so peak.
For night feed, I will try to latch her. The night before, she cry and cry so I Juz bottle feed her. Last night she is ok to latch. Haiz really dunno wat she wants sometime. Can someone please invent a crying translator so that I can understand her?

I WILL BUY the translator as well! Definitely will have the market for it!~

I also want one translator too!! By the way, I wish all mommies and LOs celebrate their 1st Happy New Year!!

May your LOs, 快高长大,身体健康,sayang mommies more!

May all mommies have more strength and energy to take care your LOs and spend your precious moments of them growing up!

Last edited:
Same to you Eva and all super mummies here. Huat 2017!

And baby redvel loves broccoli purée. That's a winner. More so compared to pumpkin.

Maybe redvel jr. doesn't like sweet food.

Polyclinic gave me this. Sharing with all. And happy 2017 ahead! Hope to hear more 喜讯 in the coming months. Potential ones are Sarah and redvel haha!

ImageUploadedByForum1483100653.714100.jpg

Thanks for sharing the weaning diet @KWL :)

Haha~ better leave me out for now, think I wanna enjoy Ian's toddler days a bit before #2 comes along :p

How was redvel jr. last night? All good?

Mine surprisingly ok. Slightly warm to touch near midnight. Didn't even bother to use thermometer to check haha.

Ha. I will pray for a #2. I need a miracle again.

Mine is ok. The last jab got some fever but that was one week after the jab. I asked pd yesterday and she says that's not related to jab since the fever came late.

Therefore all her jabs she didn't develop fever. And this round seems to be most norm. No crankiness at all.

Mine is going for his jab the following week. Hopefully no fever as well. It's his 6-in-1 so hopefully can 顺顺 pass :p

Also wanna see his weight growth. I can carry him for long nowadays :confused: my arms will be tired and sometimes sore. I think he's been my dumbbell for the past few months. Progressive training!

Ohh and just now, he sang himself to sleep! :rolleyes: He always will talk a lot when he's sleepy. An indication for us to stop playing with him and let him sleep. So I just carry and pat pat him, while he talk (or maybe sing) and just fell asleep~

Wow you girl very strong haha my boy also took two jabs, fever come b goes for 24hrs.. Around 37.3 then I put cool pad and feed med

Polyclinic route is 2 jabs + 1 oral for first; 1 jab + 1 oral for second, 2 jabs for third. Fourth is just 1 jab.

Haha power of breast milk. 强身健体。U want some? I offer u one precious packet.

Redvel formula milk even more powerful. Must ask what brand. No fever at all!

Baby Erin also going for her 1st 5 in 1 and puneomoccal jab this mth. Nurse say may have fever. Must stand by.

Last day of 2016, she also kena hit by my Hp. Drop on her left face and she cry badly. =X

Yesterday did the blending of the broccoli. I didn't think much and started doing it when my gal was nearby (not even near-near. Maybe 4-5metres away) , carried by my bil. She got a shock and cried. Poor gal. She is generally not scared of sounds (thunder/vacuum cleaner/hair dryer/etc) but this blender thing really got into her. I went out last night and home late and she was being babysat by my mil. She told me baby woke up and cried. Really kerna chuak diok :(

What is your baby afraid of?

My girl also afraid of loud sound.. recently my neighbour from one floor below mine is doing a massive renovation. She is always startled by the drilling sound. Vacuum sound not so bad. She can still sleep.
And yes yes.. hoping to hear good news from this group. For me, no way man.. closing factory at 3!!
So here other than redvel and Sarah, who else hoping for a next one? Kwl? Snowfern? Emk?

Happy new year to my cyber frens! As our babies approach 6 mths (some already 6 mths), may they continue to grow with joy and health in abundance, and we in wisdom, love and understanding.
Baby dust to @redvel and whoever else is planning for #2 or #3 =)

Mummies can I ask about milk bottle trade-in offers? How does it work? Like bring old bottle to baby fair and they offer special price? Got trade-in for teats only?

Today make avocado purée, at first emk jr ate it and puke out. Maybe not so soft n creamy like pumpkin. I mixed a little bit of bm then he finished all. :) looong weekend is good.. Can prepare solid food for our lo .. Last night bring him out for buffet dinner, he is so happy n excited. Never sleep through out my dinner from 6:30-9pm. I notice he loves jazz music ...

I tried to bring baby out for 2-3hrs ard lunch time Everyday. Come back terok. Cranky baby

Mummies can I ask about milk bottle trade-in offers? How does it work? Like bring old bottle to baby fair and they offer special price? Got trade-in for teats only?

I did that the last round with my passdown bottles. But something happened. The boy at the counter forgot to collect my old bottles. Haa. I also didn't bother to give him since he didn't ask (I had them ready in a bag). So I got the 30% off pigeon just like that. This means I have old bottles again to trade in if I need new ones.

The trade in as I've known is you need to pass them full set. Bottle, cover, teat. Doubt can trade in teat alone.

Reactions: KWL
My gal now knows what is gai gai. Open the main gate of the house she starts to be excited and all smile.

Today she isn't in the mood for solid. Cooked pumpkin porridge but she doesn't want although was hungry. So gave her milk and she gulped quickly and knocked out. Earlier on had a relative gathering and had too much of play. Didn't nap enough.

Tmr lunch got a party again! Baby birthday party. Another play day for her. But luckily she gets home and can night sleep as usual.

Emk play more jazz music for him at home!

My gal likes to hear me sing. Especially during feeding. She will stare at me when I sing. I'm running out of nursery rhymes so just sing pop songs. Ha.

I always dunno what to sing to bubbles, wind up is ad-lib the lyrics for the same 2 tunes over and over again XD hubby finds it amusing tho haha

Wah. talk about bb know when to go gaigai, I cannot even pick up my wrap or carrier in front of her, she will squeal in delight and starfish jump until we pick her up, squeak in delight, then beaming all the way out the front door.

Bubbles yesterday refused to nap again. 6 hrs she babbled and fussed, until we decided to go to IKEA to get blackout curtains. Then she koon on the bus, and at IKEA while we shopped. No fish, prawn also good.

Anyway, back to the curtains. Seems to be working a little better, slightly quicker to get her to sleep, and although it might not seem significant, she managed a 45min nap at noontime, which is damn good for this week liow. Hope she naps better and no day/night confusion.

Gonna observe whole of next week. We also replaced the rubber lining under her cot sheet with a gel coolmat, and placed a standing fan next to her. I am thinking her cot might be too hot, she does get heat rash and eczema flare-ups when I place her in it to play for when I need to do chores.

Happy 2017 everymummy and everybaby!!!

I always dunno what to sing to bubbles, wind up is ad-lib the lyrics for the same 2 tunes over and over again XD hubby finds it amusing tho haha

Wah. talk about bb know when to go gaigai, I cannot even pick up my wrap or carrier in front of her, she will squeal in delight and starfish jump until we pick her up, squeak in delight, then beaming all the way out the front door.

Bubbles yesterday refused to nap again. 6 hrs she babbled and fussed, until we decided to go to IKEA to get blackout curtains. Then she koon on the bus, and at IKEA while we shopped. No fish, prawn also good.

Anyway, back to the curtains. Seems to be working a little better, slightly quicker to get her to sleep, and although it might not seem significant, she managed a 45min nap at noontime, which is damn good for this week liow. Hope she naps better and no day/night confusion.

Gonna observe whole of next week. We also replaced the rubber lining under her cot sheet with a gel coolmat, and placed a standing fan next to her. I am thinking her cot might be too hot, she does get heat rash and eczema flare-ups when I place her in it to play for when I need to do chores.

Happy 2017 everymummy and everybaby!!!

I heard abt the gel coolmat. From Qoo? It seems like it is cooling for a while and will become hot after prolong usage. Let me know if this review is true because shopping queen was contemplating want to buy anot.

On sleep, mine is like waking up every 1.5hr nowadays. It is the norm and any longer is a bonus. 为什么?

and to add on, sometimes she wakes up with eyes opened like at 1am and 3am. 我问天,我问天!

Definitely not because I not enough milk because i got engorged in the morning and can pump out leh! What's wrong???

And if I were to bring her out for 3-4hours. She is obviously tired because no quality sleep in carrier or pram. So once reach home, I will quickly change n clean her up before coaxing her to sleep. Probably overstimulated. Very tired but cannot sleep. It takes about 2hr each time. Most of the time, she will cry within half hour just to suckle suckle abbot and protest how tired she is before sinking into deep sleep. Haizzzzz.

Go out is fun but got payback effect. Typical go out schedule:

- 1hr before going out, need to pack, make up etc.
- Go out 3-4hours.
- Come back spend another 2hr coaxing.
- Fly to kitchen to cook dinner and get myself bathed within her nap time

Wow..different babies like different kind of music. So happening for everyone.

Baby Erin likes to watch tv and listen to old people sing song and she will talk back.

Baby Erin nv get to countdown new year day so today super cranky. Nap time only 1 hr for 2 times. Then nap halfway cry like got nightmare. Her Father carry also cry nonstop. Then nurse her from 5pm plus and she sleep until 11pm plus. Still every 3 hrs need to feed her but today wake up at 8.30am.

Can ask any mommies pump out when go back to work? How do you sort the milk? In the freezer or the normal fridge?

I ever bought the gel cool mat from Qoo. After long use, it will become warm and not cool.

Regarding pumping for work, Assuming I am returning to work tomorrow (3 Jan)

Pumping schedule :

1. 2 Jan 5am - pump 2 feeds
2. 2 Jan day - latch baby whole day
3. 2 Jan 9pm - pump 1 feed
4. 2 Jan night - latch baby during the night

5. 3 Jan 5am - pump 2 feeds
6. 3 Jan 10am - pump
7. 3 Jan 3pm - pump
8. 3 Jan 6pm onwards- latch baby

9. Cycle repeats for (5)-(8) for working days.

On storage, I store next day feeds in normal fridge. And any excess in the freezer. After a while, u will know roughly how much your little one drinks during the day and how much excess u produce. So u will be able to work out how much to store where.

Todate, I have been feeding my little one EBM stored in fridge. We haven't touched FBM. Haha.

I use fridge to go and two ice pack to supplement. I will store the breast milk in storage cups and place them in a square lock and lock box before placing everything in the bag with two extra blocks of ice on the sides. I don't keep them in the office fridge. I just place them in my table and it lasts.

@Evafantasy

I pump 4 times a day on work days.

6/7am - b4 work
12nn - during lunch
530pm - b4 leaving office
11pm/12mn - b4 sleep

I make just nice amount, supplement fbm when supply dips during menses (hate it!).

I bring 4 empty bottles + caps + flanges to work w 2 gel packs.

Morning reach office put gel packs into Freezer.

Bottles leave at my desk. Lunch time bring pump + bottles + flanges to mtg room to pump. After pumping, cap and put bottles + Flanges put into Ziplock into fridge.

Late afternoon, pump and pack gel packs into Cooler bag. 4 bottles + flanges bring home to wash + sterilize (sometime lazy dun sterilize).

Pump on office usually make 3 feeds.

Night + morning pumps make up the other 3 feeds. Sometimes if bb wakes MOTN or 6am, I will latch, then morning pump wld not be sufficient... supplement w FBM.

I started taking fernugreek 2 weeks ago, now I make abt 100-200ml more per day compared to not taking. Also becos I was super low during menses. Daily only pump 4 feeds, the other 2 feeds so stressful... got FM + fernugreek now, less stressful... just trying to enjoy the journey again.

Weekends I latch + pump depending on convenience cos 2 kids at home. I happen to get more over the weekends. Cos either latching increase supply (I dun think can so fast see effect leh?) or BB latch takes lesser so I pump excess... I try not to latch all feeds cos scared BB doesn't take enough thru latching cos he lazy? Bottle feeds at least ensure he takes 160ml most of the times...

The gel mat hor, we usually reserve for vaccination...hubby & I tried, is not bad. I think is unfair tho cos we kept air-conditioning on also haha. But I managed to sleep several hours on it. Never feel sweaty or hotter than usual.

Bubbles still rejects the cot anyway, so no way to tell if it works for her or no. The good weather and return of my supply is working wonders, on her 4th nap of the day, each no less than 45 mins, mama jin happy ^_^

Reactions: KWL
@evafastancy I pump out 4times a day. 5:30am before go to work, at work 11am and 4pm, before sleep 9:30pm. Store in normal fridge at my office nursing room. Using the medela cooler bag n gel. Place the gel in the freezer when after first pump. Put all the parts in zip lock bag and put in normal fridge after first pump in office and reuse it for second pump. Go collect my milk before go home.

Wow mummies here still very diligently pump. I'm super lazy now and will pump at most 3 times a day. And have been depleting my fbm. Now left with abt 6-7packs 300ml and so I think should be able to last till mid or end of the month la. Furthermore my girl loves the pumpkin purée with rice cereal a lot.. hopefully with taking in solid she won't gian for my bm so much.
Going to make apple purée soon.. still haven got a chance to buy avocado yet.

@Evafantasy I pump around 5 times daily, 3am, 6am, 11am, 4pm & 10pm. Nowadays because Ian bites me whenever I latch, I bottle feed him even at night. Think my days of latching should be over :(

I will bring my Autumn Cooler bag to office, with 2 ice gel pack. Will pump out and kept in storage bottles and keep in the fridge. All pump parts will only be washed and sterilized when I'm back at home :)

I tried to feed Ian apple this weekend, he don't seem to know how to swallow properly. Sometimes he will puke out the apple puree after staying in his mouth for awhile. Is it because the puree texture is not fine enough? How to help him swallow better?

Back