IVF/ICSI Support Group

I think it depends on the embryologist... The one who explained to me during ET is this nice Malay lady who was quite upfront with me that they don't have a central system for grading blasts now, but she did say the embryologists will do their own individual grading and told me my blast they transferred was a grade B or smthg.

Then when I got my summary, the embryologist was a Chinese guy who wasn't too forward with me. I asked about the grading of 2 of my blasts and he just said oh no grading, it's just good to freeze lor, that's all.
It was the 2 same embrologists that spoke to me. I did ET before you and I think I was right after you to collect the report from the chinese guy. :)

I think 3 months of Royal jelly will give it enough time to work, assuming it does. But if you have cysts history, better not. I didn't know it has that negative effect.

My Royal jelly has a little Manuka honey content. Which helps keep the flu away from me also.

Oh I read you shouldn't take Royal jelly during pregnancy so just an early reminder.
Have cyst history cant take royal jelly? Y is this so?

It's tough to hide from your bosses and colleagues. I used to do that and told them I am doing a minor op for woman problem. It's not easy cos u have to plan your lie. Going for scan taking mc urgent leave etc make u the worst employee ever. haha. I managed to do it by being thick skin. However after 3 cycles I decided to come clean and told my boss n covering colleague I am doing ivf. Even though I did not take hl for second cycle but the constant need to go scan is disrupting. I go to the extend of estimating my scan n ER date n block leave. It's not easy n stressful as well. I do not want to tell because I don't want people to ask me lots of question or worse look at me pitifully when I failed so I can understand why u do not wish to tell your boss. I cannot imagine if I fail N go back office to answer n explain why I failed when my heart is hurting.
Of course if u one time strike then everything is perfect.

I going hide from my boss and colleagues
As this round I with another company and they are very politics which I feel uneasy for them to know
I am working sales we are competitive with each other
Don't want to get my ivf journey to be a threat to me

Not in KKH. You will only be informed of your embryo status at 2 milestones, 1 at transfer, the other is your report or summary at the end of your cycle.

Hmm, this lack of transparency and inconsistency in care is one reason why I chose to switch away from kkh after being with them for 4 months. My experience with kkh wasn't good as I don't like to be in the dark about treatment plans.. But this journey has been trying..

Can in general to tiao body prior no problem. Cos some ppl might react to it like myself that I'm sharing my experiences ..my experience was TOO MUCH royal jelly. I took a tad more on my 3rd cycle which resulted in cysts on my overies. But i took lesser but still took on my 4th cycle and was ok no cysts. So too much of a good thing is not that good after all. If u feel uncomfortable when during later can ask Ur doc to scan. All the best to Ur cycle! ;)
@connie_hopeful, Lambi's feedback on negative effects of Royal jelly causing cysts on ovaries.

Btw Lambi, how did you know there was cysts? Was there pain or smthg? I haven't had any scans since ER so actually I'm also not sure I'm free of it, come to think of it.

@connie_hopeful, Lambi's feedback on negative effects of Royal jelly causing cysts on ovaries.

Btw Lambi, how did you know there was cysts? Was there pain or smthg? I haven't had any scans since ER so actually I'm also not sure I'm free of it, come to think of it.
Thanks almondearie,i had a 1 for 1 natures farm voucher. Saw royal jelly. So thinking to buy or not. Thks for e info.

Have cyst history cant take royal jelly? Y is this so?

Hmm I'm here in this forum for a long time and read previous sisters here from years ago mentioned it http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-icsi-support-group.2902/page-2582 and I then didn think i had history of cysts so I tot I was 'safe' so in my other 2nd fresh cycle I bought some ampoule forms and took it everyday and then i didn't really think of it then during doc scan said I hv cysts afterwards. I didn't have any history of cysts prior and that was the only thing i did ate extra for my 2nd cycle. Before, After and Ard the time when I found I had cysts, I had some stabbing pains on and off on the area but I'm not sure it was the cysts that caused the pains though..

Hmm I'm here in this forum for a long time and read previous sisters here from years ago mentioned it http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-icsi-support-group.2902/page-2582 and I then didn think i had history of cysts so I tot I was 'safe' so in my other 2nd fresh cycle I bought some ampoule forms and took it everyday and then i didn't really think of it then during doc scan said I hv cysts afterwards. I didn't have any history of cysts prior and that was the only thing i did ate extra for my 2nd cycle. Before, After and Ard the time when I found I had cysts, I had some stabbing pains on and off on the area but I'm not sure it was the cysts that caused the pains though..
I c... I have some pains on my right side where my ovary should be... Maybe I should get it checked out.

I would like to share my ttc experience here with all of you. I started my ttc journey in 2009 with clomid and iui. After attempts of failure, I was introduced to ivf. IVF journey wasn't a short 1 for me. I've tried 5 fresh cycles and 2 frozen with a few hospitals. My 1st dr was with Dr Eunice Chua. At tt time, tmc wasn't allowed to use their labs thus we were introduced to CARE paragon ( now located at novena). I had a short cycle with 10 eggs retrieved and 7 fertilised. As it was my 1st cycle, hopes were high up. We transferred 2 embryos(not bad quality) but result came out negative. We were despaired. So we looked for alternatives.

We transferred the remaining embryos to kkh knowing fr forum that Dr Loh has a magical hands. We went to book an appt with him. We did a frozen cycle with the remaining embryos. 1st natural cycle wasn't fantastic as my embryos did not make it. Thus leaving us with 3 embryos. We decided to go for medicated fet and thaw the remaining 3 embryos. 3 survived but they were growing very slowly. Soon after Dr Loh was approached by tmc, we changed our dr to sadhana. We did a fresh cycle with her. It was a long cycle, I managed to retrieve 20 odd eggs but only 2 managed to fertilised. I shall not go into details. 3rd ivf, we went to Dr Loh's clinic. Did another fresh cycle. Long cycle too. But only 2 were fertilised. 4th cycle, we went to SGH (1 of my worst nightmare). Service was lousy, embryos quality were lousy and my embryos in the end din make it. We went back to CARE to sought for help as we tot our best were there. We went back n did out 5th cycle. They did all they could as it was my 5th cycle. I was well taken care of. They ensured this cycle work for me. We had 15 embryos last yr. Transferred 3 but din make it. So we did a fet. Transferred another 3, and we had a positive result.

End of the story, it's impt which clinic & dr you choose. Nv give up and keep trying!! Jy all mummies to be!!

Regards

Jz knew one of my fren got preg. She jz got married beginning of for yr n gt gd news. Felt hapi for her bt somehw sad for myself..so long le yet noting. I knw its smeting tt we cant control, bt jz feeling little emo.

Jz knew one of my fren got preg. She jz got married beginning of for yr n gt gd news. Felt hapi for her bt somehw sad for myself..so long le yet noting. I knw its smeting tt we cant control, bt jz feeling little emo.

Guess all of us feel the same way. Facebook is so evil~ I got to know 2 of my friends are pregnant from Facebook. I feel super emo and keep asking why. Hoping God will hear us and grant us a simple wish is to have a healthy baby soon.

I would like to share my ttc experience here with all of you. I started my ttc journey in 2009 with clomid and iui. After attempts of failure, I was introduced to ivf. IVF journey wasn't a short 1 for me. I've tried 5 fresh cycles and 2 frozen with a few hospitals. My 1st dr was with Dr Eunice Chua. At tt time, tmc wasn't allowed to use their labs thus we were introduced to CARE paragon ( now located at novena). I had a short cycle with 10 eggs retrieved and 7 fertilised. As it was my 1st cycle, hopes were high up. We transferred 2 embryos(not bad quality) but result came out negative. We were despaired. So we looked for alternatives.

We transferred the remaining embryos to kkh knowing fr forum that Dr Loh has a magical hands. We went to book an appt with him. We did a frozen cycle with the remaining embryos. 1st natural cycle wasn't fantastic as my embryos did not make it. Thus leaving us with 3 embryos. We decided to go for medicated fet and thaw the remaining 3 embryos. 3 survived but they were growing very slowly. Soon after Dr Loh was approached by tmc, we changed our dr to sadhana. We did a fresh cycle with her. It was a long cycle, I managed to retrieve 20 odd eggs but only 2 managed to fertilised. I shall not go into details. 3rd ivf, we went to Dr Loh's clinic. Did another fresh cycle. Long cycle too. But only 2 were fertilised. 4th cycle, we went to SGH (1 of my worst nightmare). Service was lousy, embryos quality were lousy and my embryos in the end din make it. We went back to CARE to sought for help as we tot our best were there. We went back n did out 5th cycle. They did all they could as it was my 5th cycle. I was well taken care of. They ensured this cycle work for me. We had 15 embryos last yr. Transferred 3 but din make it. So we did a fet. Transferred another 3, and we had a positive result.

End of the story, it's impt which clinic & dr you choose. Nv give up and keep trying!! Jy all mummies to be!!

Regards
Thanks for sharing. Who was your last doctor at care. It sort of bring some hopes. Your baby in e photo looks so cute! Congrats! :) Do you mind sharing if your embryo and hubby sperms are ok from e start? Read that you are able to do iui,so means the quantity should be ok..?

Ya lo they quite irritating lei.. First day i come back work.. My hr come over ask me y i so tired.. I say not enough slp la.. Den he say mummy must slp more lei.. I say who tell u i m mummy? He say u go ivf ma.. Den i reply him back did i tell u is a success? Den he start to ask me y? Y fail? Problem lies wif who? Make me so fedup till i told him off.. Tell him dun come disturb me i very bz wif my work n i dun wish to talk abt this..
Wahh your male colleague really Super insensitive. I will scold him too.
I was also upset recently with my hubby because he just doesn't take much effort to even rem the process. Now we are trying natural since dunno if next fresh is oct or nov. then have to try every other day ard ovulation period. He tell me 'sperms not replenished yet, isn't it try every 3 days?' He totally confused between semen collection for iui/Ivf and trying natural already... Then also his lady fren msged him n asked if we are still trying n intro yet another New Chinese herb concoction that helped her get pregnant within 2 mths, I flared up at my hubby cos I've been doing everything I can w tcm, acu, diet, exercise, sleeping earlier, and he hasn't even been serious abt cutting back on coffee and outside fried food and soft drinks or sleeping late all this time.
So I told him instead of I try this herbal mix, why don't he start to b really serious abt a healthier diet as I already tried everything on my end already and to be fair we both dunno whose problem it is (SA shows Low sperm volume and motility but Ivf already supposedly solves the issue.), so I think he needs to try harder in case it's still a sperm quality issue since I'm Already trying to improve egg quality on my end. Sorry for ranting but finally burst out at him just now and now feel a bit bad. He didn't try to talk to me and just went to bed. Not a great start to the new week!

Let's all jiayou together!!!!

I was also upset recently with my hubby because he just doesn't take much effort to even rem the process. Now we are trying natural since dunno if next fresh is oct or nov. then have to try every other day ard ovulation period. He tell me 'sperms not replenished yet, isn't it try every 3 days?' He totally confused between semen collection for iui/Ivf and trying natural already... Then also his lady fren msged him n asked if we are still trying n intro yet another New Chinese herb concoction that helped her get pregnant within 2 mths, I flared up at my hubby cos I've been doing everything I can w tcm, acu, diet, exercise, sleeping earlier, and he hasn't even been serious abt cutting back on coffee and outside fried food and soft drinks or sleeping late all this time.
So I told him instead of I try this herbal mix, why don't he start to b really serious abt a healthier diet as I already tried everything on my end already and to be fair we both dunno whose problem it is (SA shows Low sperm volume and motility but Ivf already supposedly solves the issue.), so I think he needs to try harder in case it's still a sperm quality issue since I'm Already trying to improve egg quality on my end. Sorry for ranting but finally burst out at him just now and now feel a bit bad. He didn't try to talk to me and just went to bed. Not a great start to the new week!

My hb too.. I told him to try natural now since waiting for fet.. Ask him continue c tcm and take his med.. He say he dunwan.. He say y i still haf frozen embies y need to try natural =(

Guess all of us feel the same way. Facebook is so evil~ I got to know 2 of my friends are pregnant from Facebook. I feel super emo and keep asking why. Hoping God will hear us and grant us a simple wish is to have a healthy baby soon.
i now seldom browse fb...too sad...

this i go through before...my hubby also quite bor chap..till his sperm report out only left 3%..then he worry...i bot him chinese herb n zinc n sperman..to maintaince his sperm quality....doctor ask him forzen some to incase his sperm become 0

this i go through before...my hubby also quite bor chap..till his sperm report out only left 3%..then he worry...i bot him chinese herb n zinc n sperman..to maintaince his sperm quality....doctor ask him forzen some to incase his sperm become 0
They v stubborn hor. My hubby will listen to other people but when We tell them nicely they don't want to listen. Sigh...
So your Ivf this round was using his frozen sperms or fresh? All the best to you!!

They v stubborn hor. My hubby will listen to other people but when We tell them nicely they don't want to listen. Sigh...
So your Ivf this round was using his frozen sperms or fresh? All the best to you!!
i using fresh but i fail this cycle

dear all...so sad to tell i not success this cycle and i dont hv any frozen ..can any one tell...doctor also say my ovum is getting old..maybe next cycle no egg...i am so down...tot to change doctor ..i m with doctor Stephen chew nuh...

Hi, are there any fellow members here who have conceived via IVF and had/is undergoing a miserable first trimester?
I am desperate for any support or tips to survive.

I am in my 10th week and since week 5, have been down with all day nausea/vomiting. I have also had two brief episodes of bleeding (which were scary and stressful), all the other common symptoms of pregnancy like no appetite, constipation and piles (sorry for tmi). I am trying to take TCM, but more often than not, will throw up the medicine within one hour of drinking it. Since two days ago, I also started to have constant mild cramping in the uterus area, which somehow have also triggered lower back pains.

Can anyone share if this cramping is normal due to the uterus expanding? Or is it something to be concerned about?
I am also very concerned that my lack of ability to eat well and drink plenty of water will affect baby's development. Any tips on what food to take? (I've tried all the common internet tips). This morning, I just broke down and cried after I stared at my breakfast but cannot stomach more than two mouthfuls.
I feel guilty about being so miserable and negative, after trying so hard for this pregnancy. (In comparison, all the IVF injections and ops have not been so tiring!)
Also, my DH has been supportive and even agreed for me to take a break from work during this period, so I feel so useless on not being able to cope, especially when I look at other pregnant ladies who have to work and cope with existing children.

Any help or advice really appreciated!

Hi, are there any fellow members here who have conceived via IVF and had/is undergoing a miserable first trimester?

I am in my 10th week and since week 5, have been down with all day nausea/vomiting. I have also had two brief episodes of bleeding (which were scary and stressful), all the other common symptoms of pregnancy like no appetite, constipation and piles (sorry for tmi). I am trying to take TCM, but more often than not, will throw up the medicine within one hour of drinking it. Since two days ago, I also started to have constant mild cramping in the uterus area, which somehow have also triggered lower back pains.

Can anyone share if this cramping is normal due to the uterus expanding? Or is it something to be concerned about?
I am also very concerned that my lack of ability to eat well and drink plenty of water will affect baby's development. Any tips on what food to take? (I've tried all the common internet tips). This morning, I just broke down and cried after I stared at my breakfast but cannot stomach more than two mouthfuls.
I feel guilty about being so miserable and negative, after trying so hard for this pregnancy. (In comparison, all the IVF injections and ops have not been so tiring!)
Also, my DH has been supportive and even agreed for me to take a break from work during this period, so I feel so useless on not being able to cope, especially when I look at other pregnant ladies who have to work and cope with existing children.

You need to speak to a reliable doctor fast. Morning sickness can be relieved with medication. You need medical advice and drugs.

dear all...so sad to tell i not success this cycle and i dont hv any frozen ..can any one tell...doctor also say my ovum is getting old..maybe next cycle no egg...i am so down...tot to change doctor ..i m with doctor Stephen chew nuh...
Maybe change to Prof Wong at NUH?
I have a whatsapp support group for ladies undergoing IVF and IUI. Would you want to join?

Don't be too hard on yourself babe, at this early stage, don't worry abt not providing enough nutrients, the bb is very good at squeezing out whatever nutrients it needs from your reserves. Only when your placenta is fully formed at wk 12 then there is more exchange of nutrients via what u eat. If you cannot keep down the TCM, give yourself a break n stop it for a while, no point forcing yourself to eat it n puking everything out. Eat whatever u feel like, any food is better than no food. Fluids are impt cos u don't want to be dehydrated, if water cannot, try juice. Some ladies find warm fluids easier to stomach, some prefer cold. For me room temp water was very yucky at one point, n the only thing I wanted was cold gassy drinks, which really helped with the nausea cos I feel better after I burp. This was after I abstained from cold gassy drinks for 2 whole years while I was trying to conceive... Sprite never tasted so good in my life, haha. If u have cramps n aches, take it easy n rest more. Less walking n no heavy lifting. Hang on in there, u should feel better in a few weeks time. Jia you!

You need to speak to a reliable doctor fast. Morning sickness can be relieved with medication. You need medical advice and drugs.

I do have some medication, and they provide a bit of temporary relief. But according to my TCM doc advice, I should minimise this sort of medication. So I take only when feeling really bad. Plus the medication only take away some nausea, still don't have appetite to eat after that.

One more thing- all docs n websites will tell u to eat more meat (i.e. protein) but for both my pregnancies, in first trimester, I see meat I want to puke, even though I used to be a total carnivore , all I wanted was carbo carbo n more carbo. So everyday I eat fries, mee rebus n mee siam. I figured its cos our body is using up so much energy at this point (hence the fatigue) that it's craving carbo all the time. N if u are full after a few bites (totally normal, it's weird how u can go from totally starving to totally full n pukey within 3 bites isn't it), then break up your meals n have 5 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals. My normal appetite came back around wk 14. So, if your heart is telling u what it wants to eat, just go for it. Happy mummy = happy baby!

One more thing- all docs n websites will tell u to eat more meat (i.e. protein) but for both my pregnancies, in first trimester, I see meat I want to puke, even though I used to be a total carnivore , all I wanted was carbo carbo n more carbo. So everyday I eat fries, mee rebus n mee siam. I figured its cos our body is using up so much energy at this point (hence the fatigue) that it's craving carbo all the time. N if u are full after a few bites (totally normal, it's weird how u can go from totally starving to totally full n pukey within 3 bites isn't it), then break up your meals n have 5 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals. My normal appetite came back around wk 14. So, if your heart is telling u what it wants to eat, just go for it. Happy mummy = happy baby!

Thanks for advice. For me, it's vegetables that make me want to puke. Maybe part of the reason for constipation problem.
I no longer feel hunger, the sign to eat is only when I feel the gastric juices coming up again :(
I am really counting down to end of trimester one, and praying I am not one of the unlucky ones that continue to have the nausea problem throughout!

3% morphology? That's quite good right

Back