IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Dear all,
I'm new in this group. I did my first iui on 8th March 2016. Kkh prescribed 19 days of dydrogesterone. Have spotting this morning. Is it normal? Any chance of pregnancy?

I go Polyclinic to get referral letter to KKH. so you get subsidy rates instead of private rates. If Subsidy rates, no fix doctor. Every appointment, different doctor will see you. Appointment days, not sure though. My appointment at clinic D are usually on Tuesday or Thursday. Fee for IUI depends on individual case. If you need more medications, your fees will be more lah. But usually it's between $1000-$2500. Can use medisave.

Clinic D? Which doctor r u seeing?
Can Medisave for full fees iui, so iui and ivf or just partial payment?

I mean iui. Yes.bt, hsg, med all these chalks up to 4k. Depends on individual. If more injects then higher. Definitely higher than kkh. Cannot compare. As long as succeed, $ is secondary, imo. This is how I feel previously and now

Yes, can use medisave for full so-iui at kkh. Mine total up to $1900 including all the medicine, injections done by nurse, scan and review by doc. Some minor admin fee and tests are not included.

Fully paid by medisave? What about those infertility test like hsg, blood test and sperm.test?

Fully paid by medisave? What about those infertility test like hsg, blood test and sperm.test?
Hi, if you are referred to clinic D @ kkh via polyclinic, you will be a subsidised patient. Clinic D is also a clinic for patient with fertility prob. Usually for first few visits, doc will ordered test for blood,scan,u/s,sperm test and medicine to see where your problem lies. The amt paid are usually half the rates for private patient and i dun rem it cost alot thou. If after a few months of trying and still no results, they might suggest iui or ivf depend on ur progress. Let say you decide to start on iui, then you will be referred to ivf center just next door of clinic d. The rate of 2k-2.5k at kkh is actually private and claimable fr medisave. After the procedure, regardless of successful or failure, you can continue to see kkh clinic for fertility treatments at subsidised rate again.

Hi, I would also like to join the whatapps group.. I'm with Prof Wong doing IUI. Had failed the 1st time & was really looking forward to 2nd IUI but my follicle is not growing as well compared to my 1st time.. Doing my scan tomorrow which is my CD17(2nd scan) to see if my 13mm will grow to at least 17mm.. I'm sad to see that my follicle grow only 1mm from Sat which is 2 days... I read that it should grow 1-3mm per day but this time it's just too slow. Each scan cost me close to $100 as I'm considered under private patient so hope to see more result... In my 1st IUI, I only need 1 scan at cd12 & trigger shot 2 days after.. This time, it is not so straightforward. :(

I'm crossing my fingers that it's a case of late ovulation as I'm not feeling well for last 2 weeks..

Anyone in the same situation as me, can share your experience?

Tmc is able to do hsg, blood test and sa if I call on first day of menses. All done in 2 weeks. Less waiting time but more ex.

Kkh appt is very long. Need to go consultation at first visit. Then book another appt to do tests then another appt to do iui. Waiting time is super long and can be few.months apart. Pros is subsided rate.

I intend to do hsg, blood test and sa to find out whats wrong. Van I check if the tests can or cannot claim by medisave?

I'm wondering if I do the 3 tests at tmc for faster results and then iui ivf at kkh, do I still need to go through consultation and the 3 tests?

Anyone who switch hospital before can advise?

Hi, I would also like to join the whatapps group.. I'm with Prof Wong doing IUI. Had failed the 1st time & was really looking forward to 2nd IUI but my follicle is not growing as well compared to my 1st time.. Doing my scan tomorrow which is my CD17(2nd scan) to see if my 13mm will grow to at least 17mm.. I'm sad to see that my follicle grow only 1mm from Sat which is 2 days... I read that it should grow 1-3mm per day but this time it's just too slow. Each scan cost me close to $100 as I'm considered under private patient so hope to see more result... In my 1st IUI, I only need 1 scan at cd12 & trigger shot 2 days after.. This time, it is not so straightforward. :(

I'm crossing my fingers that it's a case of late ovulation as I'm not feeling well for last 2 weeks..

Anyone in the same situation as me, can share your experience?

Your IUI with injectables or oral medications (Letrozole)?? Because my first IUI+Letrozole failed because my follicles didn't grow at all. Largest was 6mm. :(
Now waiting for AF to come and do with injectables instead. Some said try to eat more white eggs. But for me still not working though...

Tmc is able to do hsg, blood test and sa if I call on first day of menses. All done in 2 weeks. Less waiting time but more ex.

Kkh appt is very long. Need to go consultation at first visit. Then book another appt to do tests then another appt to do iui. Waiting time is super long and can be few.months apart. Pros is subsided rate.

I intend to do hsg, blood test and sa to find out whats wrong. Van I check if the tests can or cannot claim by medisave?

I'm wondering if I do the 3 tests at tmc for faster results and then iui ivf at kkh, do I still need to go through consultation and the 3 tests?

For HSG, blood test and SA cannot claim Medisave... True, KKH waiting time is quite long. It took me a year finally they refer me to KKIVF. For my case, they want me to try naturally with Clomid for 3 cycles. But fail..
I think you can call KKH Clinic D and ask if you can skip the 3 test since you already did with TMC. just produce the report if you have.

Your IUI with injectables or oral medications (Letrozole)?? Because my first IUI+Letrozole failed because my follicles didn't grow at all. Largest was 6mm. :(
Now waiting for AF to come and do with injectables instead. Some said try to eat more white eggs. But for me still not working though...

Hi hopefulmoms
Im only doing oral mediciation now, taking 50mg from Day 2 to Day 5.. It worked for me on my 1st attempt because on CD12, my follicle is 17mm. Did my trigger shot 2 days after & IUI 2 days after again.

I also dont know why it didnt work this time. Went back to NUH for my 3rd scan yesterday when i test positive on OPK. PC Wong skip this cycle saying my follicle shrunk. I request to have injectable for next round but he say the protocol is to increase to 100mg first.

Im feeling quite down because i hate to skip the cycle & i dont know why my follicle is not growing ideally. I had been eating 2 egg daily for last 3 months & taking Conceivewell Gold for past 1 year...

Im also waiting for my AF to come soon so i can start the next round again.. From not wanting AF to come & now wanting it to come asap.. Irony huh..

Jia you to all the strong women! Lets stay strong & positive for our lil ones.. :)

Hi, can share what is the result of your check? If we have reports done at TMC can skip same test at KKH? I am thinking of doing the same.

Did SO-IUI at kkh 3 years back and followed dr Steven teo for my pregnancy. Went back to him at TMC as he has left kkh but was not very pleased so thinking of going back to KKH, but husband and I have already done the pre-ivf blood tests and SA. Hope can reuse the reports.

Hi, can share what is the result of your check? If we have reports done at TMC can skip same test at KKH? I am thinking of doing the same.

Did SO-IUI at kkh 3 years back and followed dr Steven teo for my pregnancy. Went back to him at TMC as he has left kkh but was not very pleased so thinking of going back to KKH, but husband and I have already done the pre-ivf blood tests and SA. Hope can reuse the reports.

Hi just sharing..I did my first IUI in NUH. Wasnt convinced with their method. So go back polyclinic request referral to KKH. All test results done at NUH i brought to KKH hence no need repeat test. Only the HIV blood test need to retake because expired after 6mths.

Hello everyone!:)

Anyone did Clomid IUI recently? Do u experience any cramps in the evening?
Yes. Clomid + injectable. Slight cramp, on and off. Dr advised is fine as long as no spotting. If have, need to see Dr for medication. As per wat was told to us. Important, be natural and relax

Hi just sharing..I did my first IUI in NUH. Wasnt convinced with their method. So go back polyclinic request referral to KKH. All test results done at NUH i brought to KKH hence no need repeat test. Only the HIV blood test need to retake because expired after 6mths.

Thanks! So that is the thing that last only 6 months.

My husband is taking some medication for kidney stone now and has the side effect of retroejaculation. So until he recovered, we can't do anything. I thought wasted so much money on our blood test and cannot reuse the reports.

What is the difference between nuh and kkh's method? I thought the SOP should be the same?

And also,would like to know if anyone managed to conceive with sperm count around 2 million using IUI?

Hi all, I just went to kkh today and Dr THH told me to do IUI first before IVF. But he didn't explain much on IUI and I'm getting very confused reading about it. So IUI we need to inject ourselves daily? Or take medication? And they just put one sperm inside us? Then what's the difference between IUI and normal TTC? Cos TTC also sperms are placed inside us by husband.

Cttc. I am male. We did so -iui. Meaning Clomid + injectable (have to on own daily - alternate side of tummy). Once egg grow to certain size, then only Dr proceed with process. Husband have to ejaculate via masterbation in clinic then send to lab for spin wash - meaning get those good swimmers. Usually Dr to put 2 follicles to increase chance. Important: Dr based on condition. Iui is simpler than ivf

Hi all, I just went to kkh today and Dr THH told me to do IUI first before IVF. But he didn't explain much on IUI and I'm getting very confused reading about it. So IUI we need to inject ourselves daily? Or take medication? And they just put one sperm inside us? Then what's the difference between IUI and normal TTC? Cos TTC also sperms are placed inside us by husband.

Like what phantom said. Except that we take injection daily to simulate more eggs to grow, the target is to get 2-3 eggs to ovulate at the same time to increase your chance. You will be given injection to ovulate once your eggs are of suitable size..Your husband's sperm will be washed within 24 hour of inducing ovulation and inseminated directly into your uterus. Not one sperm of course. Is all good and surviving sperms, and they take the transportation directly to your uterus so that they can find the eggs faster before they die. I think to do IUI your husband must have at least 5 million sperm count (healthy count is 15 million) and your Fallopian tubes must not be blocked. Success rate is 5-20% depending on your age.

It is a simpler procedure, no ER and no ET. I also went to kkh and was recommended to do IUI first before doing IVF. My husband has 6million sperm count only and I have only 1 egg that matured despite the simulating jabs. But I managed to get preg and no need to do IVF. Hope it will be the same for u!

For more information they will refer you to kkhivf centre which the coordinating nurse will explain more to you. I remember they also conduct a briefing. For now, u can refer to kkhivf website for more if I on the procedure.

Last edited:
Thanks! So that is the thing that last only 6 months.

My husband is taking some medication for kidney stone now and has the side effect of retroejaculation. So until he recovered, we can't do anything. I thought wasted so much money on our blood test and cannot reuse the reports.

What is the difference between nuh and kkh's method? I thought the SOP should be the same?

And also,would like to know if anyone managed to conceive with sperm count around 2 million using IUI?

Only the HIV test valid for 6mths the Hep B valid for a year.. Any other analysis from other hospital can be brought over eg fallopian tube test, semen test etc.

NUH draw sperm from syringe then they attached the tube. KKH attached the tube first then draw the sperm. Anw still in my 2ww. Just wait and see..

In KKH i got to know abt injectables. In NUH they just prescribed clomid. What i understand during the briefing.. If Clomid works meaning able to produce egg >16mm then no need use injectable. U use injectables only when clomid doesnt work. Thats what i understand la. Clomid is way cheaper and easier than injectables. Clomid just eat a pill every morn for 5 days but for injectables u need to do injection every day for i dont know how many days also. Sorry im not sure of injectables. But from what i understand from @Phantom you can also use clomid and injectable at the same time?

Injectables is the alternative drug to clomid right? Not the trigger shot injection correct? Either clomid or injectables, both will need the trigger shot before IUI..

Sorry if i make u more confuse.. Im also trying to understand the variations of IUI.

Kkh use purely injections, at least for me. Not sure about all cases. There are many ways to approach this. I will try and find my old medication and tools and upload a photo if I can...

Sorry, what difference is there on whether they attached the syringe first?

Kkh use purely injections, at least for me. Not sure about all cases. There are many ways to approach this. I will try and find my old medication and tools and upload a photo if I can...

Sorry, what difference is there on whether they attached the syringe first?

I opt for clomid cuz it works for me. So i dont need poke myself everyday. Abt the procedure.. I doubt the first method the sperm was actually deposited in my uterus. Cuz at that point of time my husband good sperm only ard 2.5million n it's so little in the testube. Im not convinced the all the sperm make it through the tube.

I opt for clomid cuz it works for me. So i dont need poke myself everyday. Abt the procedure.. I doubt the first method the sperm was actually deposited in my uterus. Cuz at that point of time my husband good sperm only ard 2.5million n it's so little in the testube. Im not convinced the all the sperm make it through the tube.

Ah I see the difference now! Good luck to you! My husband now only 2 million too and my gynae told us to do IVF as he said the recommended sperm count for IUI is 5million. your gynae recommend IUI for you?

Yes. When I saw is like very little. However is not. Dun worry about this. Really. We are not in the medical field. I was very worried although SA is good. I took this which Dr also advise to when I visited consultation. Below supplement is good, from GNC

Attachments

• 1460124911957.jpg
    1460124911957.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 175
Twoonethreee. Clarify. Clomid we could not make it. Hence move on to injectable. Is a very simple process. Not painful at all. Lie down for say 20 mins. Then can go home liao.

For me, 2 days b4, i went to hoot oyster. Zinc important for guys

Phantom: I think her injectable meant the jabs we take everyday.

You are referring to the insemination of washed sperm process after which we lie down for 20-30 mins. From what I recall, it was quite painful as they use an apparatus to open up the cervix by force. I had cramps afterwards.

Twoonethree: My husband also have problems producing as he was too nervous, so volume very little. But don't worry all the good ones has been picked up. I admire you leh, I didn't even bother to find out about the processes at all, not to mention the sequence of drawing sperm.

Last edited:
CCTC: this is the injectables that I was prescribed. I was not offered oral clomid at all. There is a pen for us to inject, it's easy to use and the needles are very fine so not pain. Just need to overcome phobia of needles.

Yes agree with twoonethree that injectables is expensive, the small vial in my photo cost $80.85. This was extra and I can't refund it. My totally IUI bill was about 1.8k deduct from medisave.

ImageUploadedByForum1460127000.452081.jpg

Cttc. I am male. We did so -iui. Meaning Clomid + injectable (have to on own daily - alternate side of tummy). Once egg grow to certain size, then only Dr proceed with process. Husband have to ejaculate via masterbation in clinic then send to lab for spin wash - meaning get those good swimmers. Usually Dr to put 2 follicles to increase chance. Important: Dr based on condition. Iui is simpler than ivf
Wah! First time see guy in forum. Haha. Thanks for the explanation!!! Put 2 follicles means what ah?

Like what phantom said. Except that we take injection daily to simulate more eggs to grow, the target is to get 2-3 eggs to ovulate at the same time to increase your chance. You will be given injection to ovulate once your eggs are of suitable size..Your husband's sperm will be washed within 24 hour of inducing ovulation and inseminated directly into your uterus. Not one sperm of course. Is all good and surviving sperms, and they take the transportation directly to your uterus so that they can find the eggs faster before they die. I think to do IUI your husband must have at least 5 million sperm count (healthy count is 15 million) and your Fallopian tubes must not be blocked. Success rate is 5-20% depending on your age.

It is a simpler procedure, no ER and no ET. I also went to kkh and was recommended to do IUI first before doing IVF. My husband has 6million sperm count only and I have only 1 egg that matured despite the simulating jabs. But I managed to get preg and no need to do IVF. Hope it will be the same for u!

For more information they will refer you to kkhivf centre which the coordinating nurse will explain more to you. I remember they also conduct a briefing. For now, u can refer to kkhivf website for more if I on the procedure.
Thanks babe!! That's a detailed explanation!! What is Et and Er??

Actually I'm taking clomid right now while TTC. I didn't know clomid could be taken during IUI!!

CCTC: this is the injectables that I was prescribed. I was not offered oral clomid at all. There is a pen for us to inject, it's easy to use and the needles are very fine so not pain. Just need to overcome phobia of needles.

Yes agree with twoonethree that injectables is expensive, the small vial in my photo cost $80.85. This was extra and I can't refund it. My totally IUI bill was about 1.8k deduct from medisave.

View attachment 634096
Wah thanks for the photo!!! Dr also showed me the Ivf needle and it was very thick, I thought was the same.
Glad to know it's very thin for IUI. You mean your IUI bill total $1.8k all can deduct from medisave? Today Dr told me need pay around $1k out of own pocket after medisave. When did you do your IUI?

Wah thanks for the photo!!! Dr also showed me the Ivf needle and it was very thick, I thought was the same.
Glad to know it's very thin for IUI. You mean your IUI bill total $1.8k all can deduct from medisave? Today Dr told me need pay around $1k out of own pocket after medisave. When did you do your IUI?

ER is egg retrieval ET is embryo transfer.

The IVF needle is very thick?! Omg I may need IVF. Did the doctor explain what is the needle for? For our own administering of injectables or for ER TR process?

I did in 2013 Dec. are you Singaporean with medisave? If yes you can use medisave to pay for the IUI and IVF. I didn't pay any cash. I think you can call kkhivf centre to check. Maybe the doctor thought you don't have medisave?

Ah I see the difference now! Good luck to you! My husband now only 2 million too and my gynae told us to do IVF as he said the recommended sperm count for IUI is 5million. your gynae recommend IUI for you?

Thank you. ☺️We also thought of doing IVF straight but when nurse explain the step by step procedure for iui, we thought of giving it a try.. Plus KKH got provide 2 additional drugs
1) progesterone drug to help strengthen lining after the IUI
2) after the trigger shot i have to eat 4 pills of anti biotic to prevent any internal infection.

Btw iui#1 25.8million sperm. iui#2 17.8million. Remembered wrongly for iui#1 earlier. i havent get the sa for iui#2. I think it has higher volume but lesser count per volume.

Actually I'm taking clomid right now while TTC. I didn't know clomid could be taken during IUI!!

Right from my first experience of iui, i was introduced to clomid to help produce favorable size eggs. During iui#1 we were so excited that i got 2 favorable size eggs. Played with the idea of having twins but it was not meant to be..:( Anw dont give up.. If it's meant to be..you will be a mother soon. Else just remember God knows what's best for us in the current situation. As long as we try..with god's will it will happen soon. Let's hope for the best!;)

Anw guys just note in KKH registration fee for IUI which cost abt $121 is not claimable by medisave. However all other pre test, procedure and drugs are claimable. Thats what i understand from my briefing last mth.

Hello. Ha. Have, few only. Follicles is egg something like that should be. Usually x 2 to increase odds. Hence ivf, iui will be twins. On the downside is 1 might not be good, 1 is good. My wife friend just birth boy girl. Healthy. Cool.

Share a bit. Be4 procedure Dr will ask to intimate alternate days. I very stressed. Although done the deed, but I think poor performance. Seriously stress play a big part.on day of procedure, we were told to make the night itself to increase. Then wait for 2 week wait. Proceed to clinic for blood test. Double digit shown to us. Positive. So yar, get ur boy to take supplement as per above image from GNC. Sorry. Low or wat no issue; I have across with such also can succeed. My wife is many eggs, just that not fertilise, hence we opt for iui. At thomson fertile centre since April 2015. Long journey, $ also high, all worthwhile. I just have to work harder, no issue. I hope u can relax and be natural, take it eazy

Wah! First time see guy in forum. Haha. Thanks for the explanation!!! Put 2 follicles means what ah?

I think if get pregnant accidentally and we don't know and continue to jab the injections or medicine not good for baby. I remember there is instruction, but I can't remember why.

ER is egg retrieval ET is embryo transfer.

The IVF needle is very thick?! Omg I may need IVF. Did the doctor explain what is the needle for? For our own administering of injectables or for ER TR process?

I did in 2013 Dec. are you Singaporean with medisave? If yes you can use medisave to pay for the IUI and IVF. I didn't pay any cash. I think you can call kkhivf centre to check. Maybe the doctor thought you don't have medisave?
It's for daily injections, twice somemore!! Yup I'm Singaporean. Dr said need pay after deducting from medisave. Maybe now system change lor. Ivf also, after subsidy and medisave need pay around $1k+ according to him.

Right from my first experience of iui, i was introduced to clomid to help produce favorable size eggs. During iui#1 we were so excited that i got 2 favorable size eggs. Played with the idea of having twins but it was not meant to be..:( Anw dont give up.. If it's meant to be..you will be a mother soon. Else just remember God knows what's best for us in the current situation. As long as we try..with god's will it will happen soon. Let's hope for the best!;)
Thanks for your encouragement babe. I'm with Dr Tan HH. You?

Hello. Ha. Have, few only. Follicles is egg something like that should be. Usually x 2 to increase odds. Hence ivf, iui will be twins. On the downside is 1 might not be good, 1 is good. My wife friend just birth boy girl. Healthy. Cool.

Share a bit. Be4 procedure Dr will ask to intimate alternate days. I very stressed. Although done the deed, but I think poor performance. Seriously stress play a big part.on day of procedure, we were told to make the night itself to increase. Then wait for 2 week wait. Proceed to clinic for blood test. Double digit shown to us. Positive. So yar, get ur boy to take supplement as per above image from GNC. Sorry. Low or wat no issue; I have across with such also can succeed. My wife is many eggs, just that not fertilise, hence we opt for iui. At thomson fertile centre since April 2015. Long journey, $ also high, all worthwhile. I just have to work harder, no issue. I hope u can relax and be natural, take it eazy
My hubby is taking the blacksmore men supplement. Nowadays also doc ask to do the deed alternate when TTC during ovulation period. Very stress for us also lol. Thomson side how much you all paid in total for IUI?

Back