IVF/ICSI Support Group

Dear muff... sound very similar to what I have gone through. I really really hope that it is not for you. Stay strong.. Praying hard for u. *Hugs Hugs*
Did you also had the same low hcg and it was ectopic?

my last ectopic right, i didnt monitor the beta that closely because it was a natural pregnancy. I had no signs and symptoms till the tube almost ruptured but I recalled my hcg levels were low too on the surgery day. in my logical mind analysis, this pattern of HCG is unlikely to be chemical ...... almost doubling every 2 days shows signs of life somewhere. . drats.

Oh dear! *Hugz* I cannot imagine the mental torture you are going through.
You want to seek a second opinion instead? I'll pray that it's not ectopic coz the surgery is really no joke.

I had once ectopic before, left tube removed liao. Now its really too early to tell anything. Nothing will show up in scans.... but he is monitoring me closely and I am also monitoring the symptoms myself. Saturday will be D Day.

Hi Ladies, my HCG is still rising but at 5 weeks pregnancy it is only 400. Dr Tan told me that I am definitely pregnant but it is not going to be viable.

There are only 2 scenarios now - Biochemical or Ectopic. Moving forward, we have decided that after the blood test on this Sat if the levels continue to rise, we will have to start the MX jab to kill the hormones. If it is a chemical pregnancy, then all will be OK after the jab hcg goes back to zero but having said that, even if we do the jab and IF THIS IS AN ECTOPIC, the pregnancy will be killed by the jab and it will start to bleed and I will still have to go for surgery.

But the sucky thing is we cannot tell anything for sure now and even after Sat we will have to monitor closely if we have to jab. Ending the 20mins discussion, he told me that he hopes my HCG drops by itself by Sat... which looking at the graph myself, it is unlikely going to come down. He says the jab will make me stop all pregnancy trying efforts for 3 months which he doesnt wish to see so.

If it drops naturally, he told me I can opt for a fresh cycle or continue with my 1 frozen embryo.

I feel like crap now ladies. I have tried so hard and I have never ever forced any results on myself but I never expected a situation like this today. Thinking back about the bleeding, I really feel I lost the 1 embryo and now this situation. sighs..... life is really mean......... I dont think I am bad person and I strive to be as good as I can be in life as a person, I really dont know why these things keeps happening.

My only concern now is Ectopic as I really dont want to go through that again which unfortunately, we cannot confirm anything.
Muff dear, i feel very sad that you are going through all these. I pray and hope for things to progress least painfully and least strain on you and your hubby emotionally and physically. And hope you will heal with time and love, and find strength to carry on the rest of the journey.

my last ectopic right, i didnt monitor the beta that closely because it was a natural pregnancy. I had no signs and symptoms till the tube almost ruptured but I recalled my hcg levels were low too on the surgery day. in my logical mind analysis, this pattern of HCG is unlikely to be chemical ...... almost doubling every 2 days shows signs of life somewhere. . drats.
That's true.. But let's hope it's not ectopic.. In your last ectopic, there were no symptoms until the tube almost ruptured so you had abdominal pain? Which week was it?

You are a very strong woman. Let's hope for the best..

That's true.. But let's hope it's not ectopic.. In your last ectopic, there were no symptoms until the tube almost ruptured so you had abdominal pain? Which week was it?

You are a very strong woman. Let's hope for the best..

I also hope for it to be chemical.... if it drops on saturday, hope is there. My last ectopic almost ruptured at week7. The pain I first experienced was excruciating pain from abdominal all the way to the rectum. Doc said it was because the bleeding has started and it is dripping to my pouch of Douglas making it very irritated and sensitive. External bleeding is considered as foreign objects to our body, we try to react to it hence the pain. I recalled I almost fainted and had to go toilet for a diarrhea. Then I was feeling better and then made my way to TMC. Did the scan and saw the blood inside the uterus flowing around then I was on drip immediately liao., almost lost my life

I think the pain for me at that time was that I had to kill off a pregnancy that you know its still alive thereafter, I was on the bed for 3 weeks.... scary experience.

Yup... I had bleeding 1 week before BT, went for early bt hcg came 61.2.. 3 days later, went up to 190. Bleeding stop but experience pain on my left abdomen 2 days later. Went kkh 24 hrs clinic, hcg 290.. Doctor also say my hcg not doubling... likely ectopic and true enough lor.. undergo an emergency keyholes surgery that night.. left tube removed.
I understand how you feeling now but please keep your faith and hope for best. Jiayou!

I also hope for it to be chemical.... if it drops on saturday, hope is there. My last ectopic almost ruptured at week7. The pain I first experienced was excruciating pain from abdominal all the way to the rectum. Doc said it was because the bleeding has started and it is dripping to my pouch of Douglas making it very irritated and sensitive. External bleeding is considered as foreign objects to our body, we try to react to it hence the pain. I recalled I almost fainted and had to go toilet for a diarrhea. Then I was feeling better and then made my way to TMC. Did the scan and saw the blood inside the uterus flowing around then I was on drip immediately liao., almost lost my life

I think the pain for me at that time was that I had to kill off a pregnancy that you know its still alive thereafter, I was on the bed for 3 weeks.... scary experience.

Hi muff.. Hugz..i know how terrible it feels - with this hcg game.. I had 2 ectopic (fr natural preg) n 1 chem preg (fr ivf).
In ectopic, i nvr have full bleed like u describe- only spotting.. But in chem preg.. I have bleed like menses.

As far as i know.. Spotting is typical symptom of ectopic.. Not full bleed..so dun scare urself ok..

I hoping it is not ectopic for u.. Ectopic is the worst thing to go thru..

Hi muff.. Hugz..i know how terrible it feels - with this hcg game.. I had 2 ectopic (fr natural preg) n 1 chem preg (fr ivf).
In ectopic, i nvr have full bleed like u describe- only spotting.. But in chem preg.. I have bleed like menses.

As far as i know.. Spotting is typical symptom of ectopic.. Not full bleed..so dun scare urself ok..

I hoping it is not ectopic for u.. Ectopic is the worst thing to go thru..
thanks for the info. I had full bleed already since sat, now stopped but I guess its totally not related to what I am going through now as HCG is going up still. I wish its a chemical. solves all problems.

Any ladies who had the methotrexate jab on ectopic and successfully killed the ectopic without going to surgery?

If only there's an unlike button for this. Take care!

Any ladies who had the methotrexate jab on ectopic and successfully killed the ectopic without going to surgery?

My 2nd EP.. I took the MTX jab n no surgery. 1st one i did lap surgery.
Surgery is clear cut- the end.

But post MTX still need hcg game.. N it takes a while.. My hcg was 2700 when i jab, then it went up to 4400.. B4 it starts to go downhill.. Need quite a few BT.. torturing too..

My 2nd EP.. I took the MTX jab n no surgery. 1st one i did lap surgery.
Surgery is clear cut- the end.

But post MTX still need hcg game.. N it takes a while.. My hcg was 2700 when i jab, then it went up to 4400.. B4 it starts to go downhill.. Need quite a few BT.. torturing too..

Good to know... At which week were you when you had the jab? I think the key is to jab it early.... Dont mind the BT game as long as I dont need to go surgery.

Back from my 1st dating scan, KK dated 5wks 3days (thought will be 6 wks today). :)

Everything looks good (at least not ectopic),
- Measured @ 2.2mm
- Gestational sac
- Yolk sac
- Fetal pole
- Heartbeat normal

Gg back for another scan 1 month later.
Heartbeat can be detected at 5 weeks? When was your ET again? Blastocyst? Think I asked u twice already.. peiseh.. Hee

Stay strong. Hugs!

Hi @miloqueen
I did my FET last Dec, failed. My next follow up is on 29 Feb this year after my failed FET. From there the nurse schedule me in June as May is full. I respond quite well from my last fresh cycle (on max dosage) even though I retrieved only 5 eggs. Doc will follow the protocol as 3 years ago. One thing I did on my last cycle is I requested for the hcg japs after my ET instead if the inserts. The doc allowed the japs as I'm at low risk of Ohss. I'm with dr Matthew Lau on my previous cycles. Currently he's on long leave so they assign me to dr Jerry Chan instead.
Thanks for sharing and all the best for your next cycle!

Hi sisters,

Anyone knows how come ectopic pregnancy can still happen for ivf? Does it mean the fertilized egg travelled back up into the tube? Can't help but wonder why our body can't control the traffic one way hehe

Also like to ask if ovulation will come earlier than normal cycles when japs are taken during ivf procedure.

Just like to encourage everyone to jia you...babies come so easily for some ladies but may not be so for most of us. I hope each of us can soon receive our healthy bundle of joy.

Hi sisters,

Anyone knows how come ectopic pregnancy can still happen for ivf? Does it mean the fertilized egg travelled back up into the tube? Can't help but wonder why our body can't control the traffic one way hehe

Also like to ask if ovulation will come earlier than normal cycles when japs are taken during ivf procedure.

Just like to encourage everyone to jia you...babies come so easily for some ladies but may not be so for most of us. I hope each of us can soon receive our healthy bundle of joy.

A lot of people have the misconception that ectopic pregnancy won't happen in IVF as the embryo is placed into the 'correct place'. The thing is that in an embryo transfer, the dr is only placing the embryo back and not implanting it into the lining. There is no technology available currently to actually implant the embryo direct into the lining.

After the embryo transfer, the actual implantation takes place 5-7 days post day 2 transfer (or 1-3 days for day 5 transfer). During this period of time the embryo can still move around. So if it's outside of the womb when implantation happens, ectopic pregnancy occurs.

In IVF, unless you are doing a natural IVF, ovulation is not a concern as one of the injections you receive suppresses the body's own natural ovulation. But in theory, the stimulation injections make the body grow more follicles and the sizes may increase at a faster rate, so yes ovulation may happen earlier than natural cycles if the medication to suppress ovulation is not started in time.

Last edited:
A lot of people have the misconception that ectopic pregnancy won't happen in IVF as the embryo is placed into the 'correct place'. The thing is that in an embryo transfer, the dr is only placing the embryo back and not implanting it into the lining. There is no technology available currently to actually implant the embryo direct into the lining.

After the embryo transfer, the actual implantation takes place 5-7 days post day 2 transfer (or 1-3 days for day 5 transfer). During this period of time the embryo can still move around (not out of the womb though). So if it's outside of the womb when implantation happens, ectopic pregnancy occurs.

In IVF, unless you are doing a natural IVF, ovulation is not a concern as one of the injections you receive suppresses the body's own natural ovulation. But in theory, the stimulation injections make the body grow more follicles and the sizes may increase at a faster rate, so yes ovulation may happen earlier than natural cycles if the medication to suppress ovulation is not started in time.
I read in Ang mo forums hor they use embryo glue to help stick it. I'm not sure if Singapore has it or not. Never tried.

Hey babys&s, we are on the same et date! Starting the inserts today.. jus wanted to ask for the info and u begin..

Hi Dawn sis, thank you so much for thr info. Wanted to call clinic to ask liao. Hehe.. wondering if i should continue the red bean soup etc during this wait for et
Hi Tryingforbaby, what time is ur ET? Good luck to U n all sisters here. Have a smooth journey all e way
感恩

Hey babys&s, we are on the same et date! Starting the inserts today.. jus wanted to ask for the info and u begin..

Hi Dawn sis, thank you so much for thr info. Wanted to call clinic to ask liao. Hehe.. wondering if i should continue the red bean soup etc during this wait for et
Hi Dawn BB, sorry another question to ask. During e standby day, are v still proceed insert at morning time? as nurse ask me to wait e call by 10am. Understand ET day no need to insert. Thanks sis.

I read in Ang mo forums hor they use embryo glue to help stick it. I'm not sure if Singapore has it or not. Never tried.

If I remember correctly, NUH was using embryo glue as a 'trial' basis recently, but does not offer it as part of their routine. Singapore-wide dun think any centre uses as well.

It is not so straightforward when a centre wants to bring in a product - product has to go thru govt authority approval, centre has to do research as to whether it really works, put the product on trials to get data and any final approval obtained (ie hospital management) before the product becomes available. So it'll take a while before we ever see these (embryo glue etc) become widely available.

Hi Ladies, my HCG is still rising but at 5 weeks pregnancy it is only 400. Dr Tan told me that I am definitely pregnant but it is not going to be viable.

There are only 2 scenarios now - Biochemical or Ectopic. Moving forward, we have decided that after the blood test on this Sat if the levels continue to rise, we will have to start the MX jab to kill the hormones. If it is a chemical pregnancy, then all will be OK after the jab hcg goes back to zero but having said that, even if we do the jab and IF THIS IS AN ECTOPIC, the pregnancy will be killed by the jab and it will start to bleed and I will still have to go for surgery.

But the sucky thing is we cannot tell anything for sure now and even after Sat we will have to monitor closely if we have to jab. Ending the 20mins discussion, he told me that he hopes my HCG drops by itself by Sat... which looking at the graph myself, it is unlikely going to come down. He says the jab will make me stop all pregnancy trying efforts for 3 months which he doesnt wish to see so.

If it drops naturally, he told me I can opt for a fresh cycle or continue with my 1 frozen embryo.

I feel like crap now ladies. I have tried so hard and I have never ever forced any results on myself but I never expected a situation like this today. Thinking back about the bleeding, I really feel I lost the 1 embryo and now this situation. sighs..... life is really mean......... I dont think I am bad person and I strive to be as good as I can be in life as a person, I really dont know why these things keeps happening.

My only concern now is Ectopic as I really dont want to go through that again which unfortunately, we cannot confirm anything.
Hi Muff, so sorry to hear tat. Will pray for a very best for U. Take care.

Hi Dawn BB, sorry another question to ask. During e standby day, are v still proceed insert at morning time? as nurse ask me to wait e call by 10am. Understand ET day no need to insert. Thanks sis.
For my clinic, nurse told us still insert as usual and won't affect ET. Dr Loh will clean the V area with saline water before the ET as part of the procedure. But like Dreamscometrue mentioned, diff clinic or doc may have diff practice so best you call your clinic to confirm. Don't worry too much. All the best ya.

Nurse also told me dont insert until go home cus if not too slippery when dr wanna do et..

Hi, have embarked my 5th fresh.. Has anyone here with letrozole and menopur as stim phase med? wan to know the response effect

Hi, have embarked my 5th fresh.. Has anyone here with letrozole and menopur as stim phase med? wan to know the response effect

wow you are very brave... I am thinking to go on no.5 with Dr Tan after i Settle my ghost pregnancy first... Is letrozole Femera? Which clinic are you with dont mind me asking? Actually the effect on individual will differ. I was on Menopur with Saizen this cycle 4.... I think my response was so much better on my crappy eggs. Got some Grade 2 embryos and looked nice. KK grading 4 is best, 1 is lousiest.

Lucky no5! !!!!!

Hi muff, so sorry to hear that. I have been through an ectopic with surgery and tube removal and know how hard it is. Hope for the best outcome for u.

Hope u dont mind me asking why dr tan says u still have to go for surgery after the mx jab if its an ectopic? I heard in some cases if the mx jab is given early enough, surgery can be avoided.

Hi muff, so sorry to hear that. I have been through an ectopic with surgery and tube removal and know how hard it is. Hope for the best outcome for u.

Hope u dont mind me asking why dr tan says u still have to go for surgery after the mx jab if its an ectopic? I heard in some cases if the mx jab is given early enough, surgery can be avoided.

Its tough hor surgery... I also had it, scary experience. He said the possibility is there that if after the Jab, it kills off the pregnancy in the ectopic but sometimes in some cases the embryo will bleed inside after killed.. will cause pain as well and surgery will also be required. He said he has encountered before. He is just pre warning me of the scenarios which I can prep myself with.

tired. just want everything to be over so we can start to move forward on what to do next. 36 liao me!

wow you are very brave... I am thinking to go on no.5 with Dr Tan after i Settle my ghost pregnancy first... Is letrozole Femera? Which clinic are you with dont mind me asking? Actually the effect on individual will differ. I was on Menopur with Saizen this cycle 4.... I think my response was so much better on my crappy eggs. Got some Grade 2 embryos and looked nice. KK grading 4 is best, 1 is lousiest.

Lucky no5! !!!!!
Ya I think it's letrozole femera, that's the full name of the drug? Hopefully will be lucky 5.

I'm with tan hh. Not enough money to go private.

Read abt your story too... Indeed it's hard on you... U r brave too. Hope things will go smoothly for u.

Ya I think it's letrozole femera, that's the full name of the drug? Hopefully will be lucky 5.

I'm with tan hh. Not enough money to go private.

Read abt your story too... Indeed it's hard on you... U r brave too. Hope things will go smoothly for u.

Thanks. Your cycles all with Dr Tan? This is my 1st cycle with KKh. Previously all with TMC but decided to jump ship because they kept repeating same stuff on me. No results, sian liao. Dr Tan is the first doctor who did different things on me. Happy :D

Lucky no5! !!!!!

@muff I m a silent reader of yr posts. U r super brave too, juz like the other ladies here. Jiayou and all the best to u in yr 5th cycle ya!!

KKH grading grade 5 is the best. Hee. Are u on hospitalisation leave nw?

hi ladies im quite new here. fail my 1st cycle, and schedule to see dr tan on 22 april. Im just looking so forward to the 2nd cycle and hope that i hit jackport. Jiayou ladies. :)

@muff I m a silent reader of yr posts. U r super brave too, juz like the other ladies here. Jiayou and all the best to u in yr 5th cycle ya!!

KKH grading grade 5 is the best. Hee. Are u on hospitalisation leave nw?

Oh ya, i forgot about 5! hahahahah machiam like mine is super good ahhaa!

Thanks for the kind words, I just try lor.... I just didnt know I need to try that many times haha - suay. I am not on hospitalization leave. I feel at home worse...... will keep staring in space and think of nonsense. Colleagues at work are nice so dont mind going to work. ;)

Last edited:
@muff Hahaha. Grade 4 is good enuf la. Hehe.

U mean u r in yr ofc now? Wow. U r really amazing leh. Jiayou!! When is yr next apptm with Dr Tan HH? Still need to go for any further blood test?

hi ladies im quite new here. fail my 1st cycle, and schedule to see dr tan on 22 april. Im just looking so forward to the 2nd cycle and hope that i hit jackport. Jiayou ladies. :)
Hi Jenny, I wish you good luck! He's a very good doc. :p

i am also always looking forward to see him for appt althou its a long wait. all the best for your next cycle!

Its tough hor surgery... I also had it, scary experience. He said the possibility is there that if after the Jab, it kills off the pregnancy in the ectopic but sometimes in some cases the embryo will bleed inside after killed.. will cause pain as well and surgery will also be required. He said he has encountered before. He is just pre warning me of the scenarios which I can prep myself with.

tired. just want everything to be over so we can start to move forward on what to do next. 36 liao me!
I see. Hope u dont need to get the mx jab. At least dont need to wait the 3 months which feels like eternity when u just want to move on to next step.
Jia you!

Hi jenny, im new to this thread too. Failed my first cycle and seeing dr tan this sat. Cant wait to put myself on the waiting list for 2nd cycle.

Hi can i join tml will be seeing doc to decide long or short protocol.

Had 2 so-iui and 1 iui all fail hopefully ivf will helps.

Back