Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Occasionally I have my Mac breakfast one ley...like a few days back, I had Big Breakfast with 2 hot cakes and iced Milo :p

Prata, me not really cos me scared of the curry ley...then prata without curry is like BLEH
duck rice ah? braised or roasted?
Why scared of the curry? Anything inside we can't eat?

Well it's good tat u can eat. Do enjoy ur pregnancy while u can. Once bb out, u will miss the kicking n moving of them inside. Now I see my gal I m still amazed how she grew from tat 1cm to 48cm inside me n when she makes me pissed how I wish I can squeeze her back inside me so I Can control her..lol
Mei, don't say too early on ms...hope u have a smooth one ahead
Haha u funny de.... But ya think we will miss the days when u can just ignore them cos they are in ur tummy lol... They come out need attention 24/7 liao...

I have finally passed the first trimester - it was full of nausea and more nausea. And I was like a zombie thoughout.
Starting of second trimester now.. While I feel slightly better; my little one is trying to turn the mummy into a hippo.. During the day, I get hungry like every 2 hrs!
The appetite definitely increased by 300% from first trimester. I eat like at least 6 meals a day :(

I am paranoid about gaining too much weight and being unhealthy; the paper just reported the GD is bad for both mommy and child :(
I tried to eat healthier but little one is so picky. *headache*
I tried avoid supper but no supper equal to no sleep. *fainted*
Haiz...

Here's the link to the report:
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/diabetes-fight-focuses-on-pregnant-women
Quotes from report:
Mommy - "The Gusto study found 10 per cent of these women developed full-blown diabetes within five years of childbirth, when they were only in their 30s."
Child - "Many people who are obese or diabetic are afflicted by these conditions because their mothers had gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) while carrying them."

I have finally passed the first trimester - it was full of nausea and more nausea. And I was like a zombie thoughout.
Starting of second trimester now.. While I feel slightly better; my little one is trying to turn the mummy into a hippo.. During the day, I get hungry like every 2 hrs!
The appetite definitely increased by 300% from first trimester. I eat like at least 6 meals a day :(

I am paranoid about gaining too much weight and being unhealthy; the paper just reported the GD is bad for both mommy and child :(
I tried to eat healthier but little one is so picky. *headache*
I tried avoid supper but no supper equal to no sleep. *fainted*
Haiz...

Here's the link to the report:
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/diabetes-fight-focuses-on-pregnant-women
Quotes from report:
Mommy - "The Gusto study found 10 per cent of these women developed full-blown diabetes within five years of childbirth, when they were only in their 30s."
Child - "Many people who are obese or diabetic are afflicted by these conditions because their mothers had gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) while carrying them."

Actually I think having appetite is good as long as you are eating healthily.
I'm in my third and my appetite is worst than pre-preg. I feel guilty and most times, I'm on the verge of tears during meal time esp when ppl tell me I must think of my baby cos he needs the food. :-/

I'm in my third and my appetite is worst than pre-preg. I feel guilty and most times, I'm on the verge of tears during meal time esp when ppl tell me I must think of my baby cos he needs the food. :-/
Boo...don't be too affected by harmless comments. Been there done that during MS for the 1st time, I was tearing up when my hub told me that my baby needs food especially FISH (People already having MS and steering away from fish and you tell me to eat fish?!)

So long as the baby in you is growing and hitting the necessary milestones, you are on the right track. If you can, eat, if cannot, try again later. No point forcing yourself to eat only to throw up later. It just doesn't make sense.

Although I eat but I take junk food (sugar bread, fries, curry puff,etc) only.
Now, I hate all type of meat and fish, so people will tell me that I should eat for the sake of baby too but I just cannot stomach it.
I guess whether we eat or not, we are bound to be critise in someway..
The worries in us wouldn't go away too... I guess I just have to live with it after all.

Yah I also think the same like u....lol...sometime give in abit to craving by eating tiny weeny Japanese curry instead....
Japanese curry not too bad cos it doesn't use coconut milk BUT you don't know how long it was cooked. BY RIGHT, anything that is over 4 hours should not be eaten la....but if everything is so strict, practically you got to ground yourself and eat all your meals at home. So usually I will try to eat lunch earlier at 1130am where they just cooked their stuff and if can, buy food that is like instantly cooked.

Although I eat but I take junk food (sugar bread, fries, curry puff,etc) only.
Now, I hate all type of meat and fish, so people will tell me that I should eat for the sake of baby too but I just cannot stomach it.
I guess whether we eat or not, we are bound to be critise in someway..
The worries in us wouldn't go away too... I guess I just have to live with it after all.
Bo bian one laa...most of us here understand the situation cos we have been here, done that! Nothing is new, eat bread, some bak kwa, oats, cereal, french fries and all the funny things that you never imagine you would eat pre-pregnancy. My hubs kept shaking his head and asked "can meh? like that can meh? don't eat fish can meh?" Question is, cannot means cannot. Cant even stand the smell, how to even stomach?
To date, I cannot stand the smell of steamed egg and oily smoke.
It will slowly pass and slowly you will start to pick up the so-called healthier food. No pressure.

Japanese curry not too bad cos it doesn't use coconut milk BUT you don't know how long it was cooked. BY RIGHT, anything that is over 4 hours should not be eaten la....but if everything is so strict, practically you got to ground yourself and eat all your meals at home. So usually I will try to eat lunch earlier at 1130am where they just cooked their stuff and if can, buy food that is like instantly cooked.

Yup...partially eat home cook food ALL the time..but at times I cook (esp lunch cos my mum working only can cook din) until I so sian....

So I give a bit lee way by only eating soupy noodles and I only eat fried beehoon when I saw it is not keep out in open air w/o cover n also b4 8am(at tt particular store I always eat) just start their business...

Yup...partially eat home cook food ALL the time..but at times I cook (esp lunch cos my mum working only can cook din) until I so sian....

So I give a bit lee way by only eating soupy noodles and I only eat fried beehoon when I saw it is not keep out in open air w/o cover n also b4 8am(at tt particular store I always eat) just start their business...
We belong to the paranoid and kiasee type :)

I understand how u all feel cos I myself went thru numerous ivf tries, 1 mc n lost a twin in my last pregnancy at week 8. I can tell u the worries never ends , until the min I hear her cries when dr carried her out from inside me then I m finally relief..just keep telling urself be calm n believe in ur bb tat everything will b fine. I know it's not easy but tats the only way I dun go crazy

Yes a lot of worries

And for those who worry abt eating, baby is very gd at extracting nutrients. Even if u MS throughout the entire pregnancy, bb will still put on weight and can be born healthy.

Even if bb born small, he/she can still make up for it with milk intake. Not to worry.

Occasionally I have my Mac breakfast one ley...like a few days back, I had Big Breakfast with 2 hot cakes and iced Milo :p

Prata, me not really cos me scared of the curry ley...then prata without curry is like BLEH
duck rice ah? braised or roasted?
I eat roasted one. Crispy skin. Heehee

Boo...don't be too affected by harmless comments. Been there done that during MS for the 1st time, I was tearing up when my hub told me that my baby needs food especially FISH (People already having MS and steering away from fish and you tell me to eat fish?!)

So long as the baby in you is growing and hitting the necessary milestones, you are on the right track. If you can, eat, if cannot, try again later. No point forcing yourself to eat only to throw up later. It just doesn't make sense.
Actually the vitamin Dr is fish oil too. I into more meat. Fish occasionally only.

Can buy instant prata from Ntuc. I go with home cook chicken curry. If eat outside, I ask for fish or veg curry. If not sugar cos sharing with my elder one.

For now everything take moderately n whatever can stomach in. At 3rd tri, appetite will improve. When baby is out, they also have lot of nutrients from the milk.

Dawn. Have Dr offered package already???
We decided that we not taking the package. The package is actually for 10 consultations inclusive of simple routine scan and the urine test strip. The nurse told us ideally start from week16. We counted that we may not use up all 10 starting from next visit so the cost not much diff.

We decided that we not taking the package. The package is actually for 10 consultations inclusive of simple routine scan and the urine test strip. The nurse told us ideally start from week16. We counted that we may not use up all 10 starting from next visit so the cost not much diff.
Should have make known mah. We checked with counter, only then was told discuss with Dr the next visit. So no need to take le. Okay

Dr Loh has package?? I asked the nurse at counter she said no....

How much is the package ?

All along I'm not a fish person, now even more difficult to stomach fish. Can't even stomach red meat much.. What brand fish oil are u taking?
Dr issue me obmin. I took for 3mths then can't stomach in. Now change to some prenatal multi vitamin. Took for 1mths. Think I need to ask dr to change again. Realize after taking I fall sick more easier. Always have cough n sore throat. Hmmm

Dr Loh has package?? I asked the nurse at counter she said no....

How much is the package ?
Yes it's $1100 if I'm not wrong. Covers 10 consultations with simple scan and the routine urine test strip. Can only start from wk 16. No refund if you don't use up 10 visits. Also doesn't cover 3D scans or any extra like subsequent late pregnancy tests (eg GTT, Strep B test etc). Seems that they don't actively sell the package. I asked Dr Loh about it and only when he said can consider then the nurse will provide further details. As I only asked about it at week 19, we counted that we probably need another 5 to 6 visits at most so this package not valuable for us le. Think if twins or more complicated cases where more frequent visits definitely worth it, otherwise not so.

Last edited:
Dawn. The something pre natal course (forgot exact what called). U attending? ??? If so when to start huh??
The Thomson prenatal class can start earliest at week 20 onwards. 6 weekly sessions inclusive of 1 doctor's talk. See details via this link - http://www.thomsonmedical.com/childbirth-education-course-2/

We are not attending. I'm attending weekly prenatal pilates and as for learning newborn care, I intend to rely on hands on training on the job from my mum after bb born. Also already got some info as well as books from the TMC FBI goodie bag to read. I think enough arh coz too overwhelming liao LOL

All along I'm not a fish person, now even more difficult to stomach fish. Can't even stomach red meat much.. What brand fish oil are u taking?
There's another popular fish oil specially for pregnancy - Prolacta. I was taking alternative brand which hubby also took before pregnant but doc felt too potent for me so prescribed this one. I find it quite ok, capsule not big and only need to take one daily. So far no fishy burps from it.

Yes it's $1100 if I'm not wrong. Covers 10 consultations with simple scan and the routine urine test strip. Can only start from wk 16. No refund if you don't use up 10 visits. Also doesn't cover 3D scans or any extra like subsequent late pregnancy tests (eg GTT, Strep B test etc). Seems that they don't actively sell the package. I asked Dr Loh about it and only when he said can consider then the nurse will provide further details. As I only asked about it at week 19, we counted that we probably need another 5 to 6 visits at most so this package not valuable for us le. Think if twins or more complicated cases where more frequent visits definitely worth it, otherwise not so.
Thanks! Not worth for me too since I m already at week 25
Actually $110 per visit for the package price is about the same as what we r paying now for each visit.

Sorry to hear abt ur loss. How are u feeling now? Mb take some tonics to build up ur strength before next round.

tww i did drink longan red date tea. Main thing is try to relax and take it easy. All the best for ur next cycle. Are u doing frozen trf?

Thanks for the encouragement may I know if the longan tea is brewed homemade or those ready made cubes from the medical halls?

Would like to get in touch with this group via wats app can I join if you are in a group already?

*hugs*
Must be optimistic. Still have 3 frozen embryos is good. :)
I have only one normally fertilized embryo from my IVF and I had to do a delayed transfer (FET) but that one and only made it. We must be positive and have faith! Jiayou.
Thank you will try to stay positive at the moment still tearing up whenever I think of the CP

Thanks for the encouragement may I know if the longan tea is brewed homemade or those ready made cubes from the medical halls?

Would like to get in touch with this group via wats app can I join if you are in a group already?
Brew homemade. U can buy the red dates and longan from any medical hall.

The Thomson prenatal class can start earliest at week 20 onwards. 6 weekly sessions inclusive of 1 doctor's talk. See details via this link - http://www.thomsonmedical.com/childbirth-education-course-2/

We are not attending. I'm attending weekly prenatal pilates and as for learning newborn care, I intend to rely on hands on training on the job from my mum after bb born. Also already got some info as well as books from the TMC FBI goodie bag to read. I think enough arh coz too overwhelming liao LOL
Actually the books enough liao... Find that most of the info i learnt from the prenatal class was forgotten during delivery. And if u got CL, u learn from her can liao. It was helpful for my husband though.

There's another popular fish oil specially for pregnancy - Prolacta. I was taking alternative brand which hubby also took before pregnant but doc felt too potent for me so prescribed this one. I find it quite ok, capsule not big and only need to take one daily. So far no fishy burps from it.
Prolacta can be bought outside or need to be prescribed by doc?

Thanks! Not worth for me too since I m already at week 25
Actually $110 per visit for the package price is about the same as what we r paying now for each visit.
Save about $40 each visit provided simple scan but if cannot use up the 10 visits, not worth it le.

Prolacta can be bought outside or need to be prescribed by doc?
I haven't seen it outside though. But I just googled and found this online store think by Novena Medical Center selling it -
http://www.healthtree.com.sg/product/prolacta-with-dha-for-mother/
Btw good to check with doc when best suitable for you to start fish oil, esp if you have not previously been taking. Reason is some conditions prone to bleeding issues may need extra care coz fish oil has blood thinning effect. However if no major issue and bb is stable, usually by starting 2nd tri, it is safe and in fact important to take fish oil.

Last edited:
Actually the books enough liao... Find that most of the info i learnt from the prenatal class was forgotten during delivery. And if u got CL, u learn from her can liao. It was helpful for my husband though.
Yes exactly same review as a Friend who gave birth recently. She said by birth and after that, mostly forgotten and nothing beats on the job learning :)

Dawn. U decided to deliver at tmc??? Was thinking kkh. However so iui, hence we likely to follow - through. Same doc will know condition. Am I right this way????

Dawn. U decided to deliver at tmc??? Was thinking kkh. However so iui, hence we likely to follow - through. Same doc will know condition. Am I right this way????
Yes I will deliver at TMC by dr Loh. I feel more comfortable to follow through with him as we did Ivf with him and besides I don't have other fixed obgyn before seeing dr Loh. If you do choose kk, best to have a doc from kk who also familiar with iui and ivf like the popular Dr THH. I know some docs not keen to take in Ivf pregnancies for fear of complications (though I cannot agree) etc. You would not feel safe with a doc who is not confident of his obgyn practice just becoz patient's is Ivf pregnancy right. These are some considerations. Ultimately it is personal choice if you decide to switch. And if you decide to switch, better decide soon so that you can plan next consultation to allow more time for the replacement doc to get familiar with your wife's pregnancy.

It's up to u bah... Personally i followed thru. Got pros and cons.
Pro is kkh is cheaper, their after delivery service is actually not bad, food is so-so...
Con is u don't know who u will get on the delivery date to monitor u, so qt heng suay one. Ur doctor only comes in the last half hour to deliver the baby. Also, if u have any emergency during pregnancy, can only go 24h O&G.

@Phantom, btw to add on - since you are considering kk prolly due to wife's company restrictions on leave etc as well as cost, it is ok to ask Dr Loh for referral in which kk doc he thinks suitable for your wife's case. I'm sure he is understanding and can help. He did mention before that he has his network of preferred docs too.

Kkh if U are under pte dr the cost for consultation is not cheap also unless U go by subsidies. The delivery at kkh is definitely cheaper though.

Later stage of pregnancy will be seeing dr twice a week n nearerr date of deliver once a week so can consider also.
We also counted the increased visits at later stage but also cannot finish 10 times, else will take the package lo. Thanks bunny :)

dawn. Cl u get from PEM too? I heard on net some private not safe. run away no show etc...
I'm not getting CL. My mum will help me for confinement and my dad also knows how to cook the confinement food. I heard PEM not bad and someone also recommended Thomson CL. If get private, best get referral from those who use the same CL before. Maybe other mtbs can share more reviews.

@Phantom Some of my friends have used PEM with good review. But it also depends on the CL given to u. Good thing is, i think they allow change if u feel CL not up to ur liking.

Thank you will try to stay positive at the moment still tearing up whenever I think of the CP
Hi pacpl, I'm sorry that you are going through this. Be kind to yourself and take time. Condition your health and hope you heal well to go for FET when you feel ready.

okay. mil says she cannot cope with chores, other than cooking only. age 65 catching up. Hence, need to CL. We are looking at infant care, 2 months above. Rate after subsidy at 600-650. 7am - 7pm lor. Weekend on own. Wife intend to take 3 months only. the remaining 1 hold. also heard registration is long.. wait list (depends). My parents both of them health nt good

Back