Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Finally went for my first scan yesterday!
- so relieved to know its not ectopic, can see the heartbeat (flickering)
- measured my ovaries about 7cm but glad my bloating went down alot
- Dr Tan auto ask me go back to see my previous gynae 2 weeks later

Although not my first pregnancy, can't help but still feel worried (in fact more so than the last 2, not sure why!)

Did you all tell your PILs before 12 weeks?

Although not my first pregnancy, can't help but still feel worried (in fact more so than the last 2, not sure why!)

Congrats girl!
How many weeks are u now? My scan scheduled on exactly 6wk 0 day.. Scared cannot see hb...

Congrats girl!
How many weeks are u now? My scan scheduled on exactly 6wk 0 day.. Scared cannot see hb...
Hi mei, I was 5+ weeks based on the measurement. Supposed to be 6 weeks from what I calculate, not far off so probably you will be able to see the heartbeat! When is your scan scheduled?

Hi mei, I was 5+ weeks based on the measurement. Supposed to be 6 weeks from what I calculate, not far off so probably you will be able to see the heartbeat! When is your scan scheduled?
Very good! Usually scan is +/- few days, so urs is very normal. Happy for u!
My scan next wed. Stress ah.

Congrats dear! At 5wks + can see flickering of bb hb tho sound waves still too week to be measured on screen to estimate heart rate. Next visit you will hear the "bee-bop bee-bop" clearly and can measure heart rate. Look forward to it! I did tell only my parents and PIL but not siblings or siblings in law yet.

Very good! Usually scan is +/- few days, so urs is very normal. Happy for u!
My scan next wed. Stress ah.
Feels like a very long wait right! Hope your scan goes well! Your hcg is high right, might be twins?

Congrats dear! At 5wks + can see flickering of bb hb tho sound waves still too week to be measured on screen to estimate heart rate. Next visit you will hear the "bee-bop bee-bop" clearly and can measure heart rate. Look forward to it! I did tell only my parents and PIL but not siblings or siblings in law yet.
Thanks, Dawn! My hubby just told me actually he already told my PILs.. I probably tell my sister but BIL and wife probably after 12 weeks. You mean until now, you haven't told them?

We did hear some bee bop bee bop but for a short while, didn't see heart rate measurement though..

Feels like a very long wait right! Hope your scan goes well! Your hcg is high right, might be twins?

Thanks, Dawn! My hubby just told me actually he already told my PILs.. I probably tell my sister but BIL and wife probably after 12 weeks. You mean until now, you haven't told them?

We did hear some bee bop bee bop but for a short while, didn't see heart rate measurement though..
Thanks girl.
Btw usually kkh does not measure heart rate in routine ultrasound.

Oh I meant during the first 12wks only parents & Pil knew. Yah now is only bee-bop bee-bop. The next visit it will be louder & stronger and you will see the sound waves on the u/s screen which will be used to estimate the heart rate. Do take very good care and embrace the preggy journey!

I bought AXA for my twins. Premium depends on your age rather than singleton or twins. AXA can choose ilp or life policy tag to baby. Yes the nicu cover cost is crap but if bb born Premature all insurance co will not cover baby. So if U buy maternity ins even premature your ins can still be transferred to bb. It also covers mother for pregnancy complication.

Hi Bunny, there was the compulsory IVF policy that was taken during the procedure (Great Eastern)... How is that different from the AXA policy mentioned above other than the maternity complications?

Btw my agent told me today that medishield life is extended to all newborn Singaporeans, and there is $2-3k in baby Medisave account once they are born.

I can "upgrade" to integrated shield plan once the baby is born and birth cert is issued. In this way, coverage of hospitalisation expenses of baby will be enhanced in future.

If you have an existing integrated shield plan, you are already covered for pregnancy complications and related hospitalisation expenses.

Mummies do take note....and compare before deciding on what you want

Hi Bunny, there was the compulsory IVF policy that was taken during the procedure (Great Eastern)... How is that different from the AXA policy mentioned above other than the maternity complications?

Hi littlejas U can refer to previous post on difference. Basically Ins can be transferred from mummy to baby after baby is born with no underwriting. Not everyone want to purchase but I did because I am having twins and at higher risk of premmie. In case babies born before week 37 they are still covered when no other pte ins want to insure them. U can see an agent to discuss before decide.

I only informed my parents after week 12.

Hi

I am interested to know abt the benefits of buying this insurance as i am still unsure.

With Medishield Life being introduced, all Singaporeans can be covered even if they have prexisting conditions or conginetal illnesses. I asked my agent and she said i can buy integrated shield plan for my baby when my baby is born, and baby will be covered.

If so, why is there still a need to buy insurance? To cover non hospitalisation expenses?? What kind, n why the need?

Thanks.

Yes medisheild life is covered but just like adults we would want other ins plan besides the govt one which is why we top up enhance n rider plan so that we can use at pte hospital as well. U can check with agent for more detailed explanation.

i informed my mil (took care of wife for 1st week after procedure). after 12 weeks then told her sister side and i informed my parent.
only mil side know so-iui. didnt reveal anything to my parents as do not want them to anyhow think/worry

i informed my mil (took care of wife for 1st week after procedure). after 12 weeks then told her sister side and i informed my parent.
only mil side know so-iui. didnt reveal anything to my parents as do not want them to anyhow think/worry
So your parent side know you have undergone IVF or no? they thought it's natural / IUI?

That is a gd choice, since u know how ur parents and PIL will take the info.
I kinda regretted telling my PIL we gg thru ivf. Cos when my first pregnancy MC, my MIL said babies that come from ivf are weak, that's why.
Made me sad

But then my #1 from second pregnancy is very big and strong. Now she comments my #1 grows well. Hopefully dispel her misconception of "weak" ivf babies.

As for this pregnancy, i only intend to reveal when 1st tri over to both sides. Unless tummy gets too big before that haha!!

Thanks everyone for your inputs. I wanted to know cos I'm not sure how much details my hubby should let my PILs know and also not sure how they will take the info ie went for IVF. And then my hubby later admitted to me, he already told his parents few weeks back when I tested positive on HPT cos he doesn't want them to keep asking me to eat (they always give us a lot of food at dinner and I was really bloated then) and ask me to drink tea/coffee (habit) etc so he feels that it's easier that they know but he told them it was not confirmed until scan... Thankfully my PILs didn't comment much according to my hubby.. Just hope for the best now.

And yesterday, my dear eldest son went to announce to PILs, BIL and wife that I have a baby in my tummy. And this is the second time (the first was when I had my #2, he told my hubby friends cos there was a friend who was heavily pregnant then), such big mouth!! Already told my hubby not to tell him!!

Thanks everyone for your inputs. I wanted to know cos I'm not sure how much details my hubby should let my PILs know and also not sure how they will take the info ie went for IVF. And then my hubby later admitted to me, he already told his parents few weeks back when I tested positive on HPT cos he doesn't want them to keep asking me to eat (they always give us a lot of food at dinner and I was really bloated then) and ask me to drink tea/coffee (habit) etc so he feels that it's easier that they know but he told them it was not confirmed until scan... Thankfully my PILs didn't comment much according to my hubby.. Just hope for the best now.

And yesterday, my dear eldest son went to announce to PILs, BIL and wife that I have a baby in my tummy. And this is the second time (the first was when I had my #2, he told my hubby friends cos there was a friend who was heavily pregnant then), such big mouth!! Already told my hubby not to tell him!!
Your eldest son is soooo cute!!! Haha!
But glad things worked out well for u.
Hope u not so bloated now too!

hi mei. good to hear your no.1. at least u cross hurdle liao. :)
mainly do not want ppl to add-on unnecessary stress/pressure blah blah...

Your eldest son is soooo cute!!! Haha!
But glad things worked out well for u.
Hope u not so bloated now too!
He uses his mouth too much.. Lol

I'm so glad that my bloating went away quite a fair bit the last week but also worried if there is any wrong.. So luckily still feel some symptoms like some nausea and sore boobs.. Can't wait for review 2 weeks later.

hi mei. good to hear your no.1. at least u cross hurdle liao. :)
mainly do not want ppl to add-on unnecessary stress/pressure blah blah...
Yup, esp for ur wife.
Personally i feel quite a lot of stress, so other than parents and best friend, no one knew abt it unless we happened to meet.
Gd that ur family is supportive. Hope the journey will be smooth and soon, precious one will be in both ur arms :)

You have a very understanding Pil who definitely considerate towards you and you hubby. I think who we will announce to at what time and also the level of details depends on among other things, your comfort level and personal understanding of other's expectations and opinions. For myself, I let my hubby handle his side while I also know my in laws are very supportive. And I was truly glad my mum was able to come over and take care of me & my household when I did modified bed rest after a brief bleeding episode at wk 5.
On the other hand, I have friends who do have less understanding family so they have to act what's in the best interest of their pregnancy and there is no absolute right or wrong. Your eldest son as a kid announcing it as a happy event adds blessing de so I would see it positively. Do enjoy your preggy journey :)

who is going for the 3D/4D scan...?

3D/4D Ultrasound Scans
Fancy taking a peek at your little bundle of joy? With our latest 3D/4D ultrasound scans, you are able to see your unborn child for the first time. A 3D ultrasound scan provides a photographic image of the baby while the 4D ultrasound scan provides a moving image of a baby.

At Fetal Assessment Unit, the 3D/4D ultrasound scans will be performed in a relaxed and comfortable environment by our experienced sonographers using state-of-the-art ultrasound systems.

Taken from the TMC website

who is going for the 3D/4D scan...?

3D/4D Ultrasound Scans
Fancy taking a peek at your little bundle of joy? With our latest 3D/4D ultrasound scans, you are able to see your unborn child for the first time. A 3D ultrasound scan provides a photographic image of the baby while the 4D ultrasound scan provides a moving image of a baby.

At Fetal Assessment Unit, the 3D/4D ultrasound scans will be performed in a relaxed and comfortable environment by our experienced sonographers using state-of-the-art ultrasound systems.

Taken from the TMC website

I did 3d at dr Loh clinic. Can see baby face but the umbilical cord blocking one baby and the other baby facing down can't see haha. I asked dr Loh why got one line at baby eyes. He said if I am the kind of person who get scared easily better don't see 3D It's the cord blocking bb eyes :p

I did 3d at dr Loh clinic. Can see baby face but the umbilical cord blocking one baby and the other baby facing down can't see haha. I asked dr Loh why got one line at baby eyes. He said if I am the kind of person who get scared easily better don't see 3D It's the cord blocking bb eyes :p

At the end of the day, will you get a swee swee 3D photograph or it's like bo bian, baby cover eyes / cover nose, so bo bian, you still got to pay for a not-so-nice photograph?

Mid July for me. I only inform my mum. Ask she cook our dinner. We didn't announce. After 1st tri (12wks), people ask then we tell. Before only smile smile or ask on the way. Heehee

Mid July for me. I only inform my mum. Ask she cook our dinner. We didn't announce. After 1st tri (12wks), people ask then we tell. Before only smile smile or ask on the way. Heehee
But usually when people see that you no longer carry your 1st born the times they see you, more or less, they should know liao. that what happened to me. before pregnancy, i always carried my boy, so during the 1st trimester, when people asked me, I just acted blur (suddenly listen selectively)

Imho only. For me I think 3d not necessary due to cost. If tmc offered like x 1 general complimentary then good
Ya lo, they should give one complimentary 3D photograph. To them, it's ön the way"service while doing the detailed scan

:) :) her friend 1988 de just birth twins,- boy girl. Did iui too.

for such we also won't tell ppl who and so, blah...some people are just insensitive! talk cock, lets avoid as possible. Came across a topic here mentioned what their ppl around gave negative comments etc
It really tough for all of us here to embark onto journey. if can natural, good lar. who will not want?? tio bor? I as a guy mentally also drained. Let alone ladies, mentally + physically. so unecessary can avoid, avoid lor,
Yup, esp for ur wife.
Personally i feel quite a lot of stress, so other than parents and best friend, no one knew abt it unless we happened to meet.
Gd that ur family is supportive. Hope the journey will be smooth and soon, precious one will be in both ur arms :)
i bench-marked at 8 - 14 Aug the week. ha~ next check-up for sugar level on 30 April. requested Sat, due to leave all these..
Eh your bb boy's edd same as my bb gal arh - 21 Aug. But dr Loh said maybe first one will be early wor ;)

:) :) her friend 1988 de just birth twins,- boy girl. Did iui too.

for such we also won't tell ppl who and so, blah...some people are just insensitive! talk cock, lets avoid as possible. Came across a topic here mentioned what their ppl around gave negative comments etc
It really tough for all of us here to embark onto journey. if can natural, good lar. who will not want?? tio bor? I as a guy mentally also drained. Let alone ladies, mentally + physically. so unecessary can avoid, avoid lor,

i bench-marked at 8 - 14 Aug the week. ha~ next check-up for sugar level on 30 April. requested Sat, due to leave all these..
I think at the end of the day, so long as you bring home a healthy baby, it doesn't matter how you achieved parenthood - be it natural, IUI, IVF etc. People do not need to know. Even if they know, it's just for gossiping purposes like ""oh, must be the husband cannot make it or the wife always diet, that's why too weak to be pregnant, have to go through IVF"
That's why, both my family and in-laws did not know how we achieved parenthood - the last thing I want is, there, ""ah boy ah, I told you liao, you are from IVF, that's why keep getting sick blah blah blah" I think it can have a detrimental effect on the kid's psychology.

No need pay free de :)
But still fun seeing bb pic.
Yah Dr Loh can do 3D if he feels bb is ready and the scan is free of charge but of course not as extensive as the one which you can pay for at TMC ultrasound department. I think he will give one pic? @Phantom, if you and your Wife still continue with Dr Loh then perhaps you will get yours in due time :)

@DawnBB beside fair in April, u gt idea june onwards have any in sgp? Heard dangabay (jb), hosting in June
Usually there is baby fair every other month. U can look out on fb. Just that some fairs are bigger and some are smaller.

Personally i rather go the baby hyperstore, baby kingdom etc. their prices are v similar bb fair for the big ticket stuff like stroller and cot. But withouy the crazy crowds;)

Hi Dawn and Phantom,

Ask you hor is the wait very very long at TMC for Dr Loh?

So far I've only seen him once at TMC as I request to see him at TFC if possible as the queue or shld I say the environment better.

Back