IVF/ICSI Support Group

Has anyone who used crinone gel has some reaction towards it? Been using it for a few days. Is it possible to have reaction only after a few days later? Has anyone had bad reaction such as very slight bleeding etc due to irritation? Many thanks !

I used crinone as luteal support. No bad reaction apart from the clumps of the gel coming out a few days after starting to insert. I made sure to wash the private area before inserting.

Do inform that you are experiencing irritation as the meds may need to be changed. Note that utrogestan (the alternative) contains peanut oil, so it can't be used if you are allergic to peanuts.

Hi you can get brazilian nuts from the hawker centre behind Bugis village. At 2nd level where they sell a lot of dried foods. You can buy a lot there and at a cheaper price than usual supermarkets coz this place is wholesale.. hope that helps!
Hi finesse9702... of coz it helps! Thank you! :) Will drop by to have a look the next time I am there. You cycling this month? All the best ya! Jiayou!

Has anyone who used crinone gel has some reaction towards it? Been using it for a few days. Is it possible to have reaction only after a few days later? Has anyone had bad reaction such as very slight bleeding etc due to irritation? Many thanks !
I have cramps 1dpt, am on crinone gel inserts. My cramps are daily. Either in morn or evening and lasts 1-3hrs. I can only attribute the cramps to crinone gel.

Hi, wow so thats the cost for 1st appoitment? I am still considering whether to go as subsidy then upgrade to private or just go as private directly. Ytd I called up KKH and NUH, to find out about the consultation fee. KKH hotline always very busy one
This is only for ivf counselling..not for doctors appointment... Have to see which doctor u chose aso.. Dr tan is senior consultant so his consulation fees will be a bit expensive..think is $132 (before gst)

I used crinone as luteal support. No bad reaction apart from the clumps of the gel coming out a few days after starting to insert. I made sure to wash the private area before inserting.

Do inform that you are experiencing irritation as the meds may need to be changed. Note that utrogestan (the alternative) contains peanut oil, so it can't be used if you are allergic to peanuts.
thanks @skyangel

How are you today? Better? Blood test ok?
Hi hope2016, I went for beta yesterday and it was still rising 140 but did not double. But as of last night, my spotting turned to a flow of red. Guess I'm miscarrying. Have to repeat blood test and see doc on tues. what luck I have and I thought 4th cycle is the one for me.

Hi hope2016, I went for beta yesterday and it was still rising 140 but did not double. But as of last night, my spotting turned to a flow of red. Guess I'm miscarrying. Have to repeat blood test and see doc on tues. what luck I have and I thought 4th cycle is the one for me.
So sorry to hear that. Hope things will turn out better on Tue. Probably a scan will tell you more.. Which dr are you seeing?

So sorry to hear that. Hope things will turn out better on Tue. Probably a scan will tell you more.. Which dr are you seeing?
I just hope this will be a clean miscarriage. It's certainly getting heavy. I'm with dr tan heng Hao. He's a good doc. This cycle, he tried things that my other docs didn't. I was on menopur with saizen jabs and this is the first cycle that I've gotten pregnant... At least.

I don't have cramp or pain, so i thought that everything is ok. but last night i had fresh blood and blood clot coming out and when to kkh. doc did a scan and said that baby is not in good position... too low in the womb, so it might be on the way out, ie possibility the beginning of miscarriage. he gave me progesterone jab and i went home to sleep. the bleeding has stopped for now... can only hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Dear ChasingRainbow,
Rest well and stay positive! Jiayou...

Hi finesse9702... of coz it helps! Thank you! :) Will drop by to have a look the next time I am there. You cycling this month? All the best ya! Jiayou!
He's a good doctor. I've done 2 cycles with him. Which lab? Mount e?

Yah the last 2 cycles were at Mount E. If u dont mind me asking, why did u choose to change gynae? I'm on my third try with him now, but the disappointment the 1st two rounds is making me dread and fear the 3rd round.

@Mrs Chan00, actually I'm not sure I'm cycling when? I just started on Gynera, will start jabs sometime in mid April. I'm hoping to do a frozen cycle this time (higher success rates) so might wait until Jun to July for the transfer.

Yeap I was with her & I'm known to her as the kiasu patient with extremely high beta. U can ask her & she would probably remember me. Haha... Coz I really drink & ate a lot of stuffs before, during & after 2ww. Am currently at 26 weeks with twins. So don't give up ok! Rest well & drink home brewed chicken essence. Good luck & bbs dust to u!

Hi milogal88, any advice on what to eat and drink before 2WW and during 2WW? Can certainly do more with more advice! And better to be kiasu and successful isn't it? :)

Dear muff,
Still hope the best for you, jiayou!

Yah the last 2 cycles were at Mount E. If u dont mind me asking, why did u choose to change gynae? I'm on my third try with him now, but the disappointment the 1st two rounds is making me dread and fear the 3rd round.

LC is a good doc, but he's overly conservative and put me on same meds and same protocols, it clearly doesn't have an effect on me especially when I have crappy eggs on such stims so I needed a diff stim. I did suggest other methods, he was rather conservative. I needed a breakthrough honestly.

Same goes for SF Loh, he doesn't differ much from standard.

Mount e lab is very good. I've never had blast from any cycle but mount e managed to get 1 blast for me but the fetus of the blast is very tiny. Mount e is not hopeful. As such, I didn't transfer that.

2nd fresh cycle ending on a sad note. Got quite good results from stimms this round though. Had lesser eggs retrieved compared to last fresh but number of matured ones is more than 60%. When cultured to blastocyst, doc was optimistic, given the outlook of the blast embroyos.

However, started spotting, staining then bleeding in 2nd week of 2ww. Went for early blood test on 10dpt. Result came back with 38.4 hcg so had to repeat blood test 2 days later. 2nd blood test came back with 48.6 hcg. So ordered for 3rd blood test for tmr. Nurse says to watch out for abdominal pain which could be ectopic. I told her i am already getting full blood flow with blood clots and all. She says they cant be sure whether that is AF bleed or ectopic bleed.

Sigh, hope nothing worse happens...

2nd fresh cycle ending on a sad note. Got quite good results from stimms this round though. Had lesser eggs retrieved compared to last fresh but number of matured ones is more than 60%. When cultured to blastocyst, doc was optimistic, givevn the outlook of the blast embroyos.

However, started spotting, staining then bleeding in 2nd week of 2ww. Went for early blood test on 10dpt. Result came back with 38.4 hcg so had to repeat blood test 2 days later. 2nd blood test came back with 48.6 hcg. So ordered for 3rd blood test for tmr. Nurse says to watch out for abdominal pain which could be ectopic. I told her i am already getting full blood flow with blood clots and all. She says they cant be sure whether that is AF bleed or ectopic bleed.

Hug..take care whmc.

2nd fresh cycle ending on a sad note. Got quite good results from stimms this round though. Had lesser eggs retrieved compared to last fresh but number of matured ones is more than 60%. When cultured to blastocyst, doc was optimistic, given the outlook of the blast embroyos.

Hi whmc, sorry to hear that. I'm also in beta hell now and getting full AF now. But in my experience of ectopic, the blood wouldn't be that early. My tube was rupturing around week7.

Which clinic are you with? What drugs were you on? I'm trying to lower the number of eggs stimulated as I believe smaller quantity of eggs yields better quality.

Hi whmc, sorry to hear that. I'm also in beta hell now and getting full AF now. But in my experience of ectopic, the blood wouldn't be that early. My tube was rupturing around week7.

Which clinic are you with? What drugs were you on? I'm trying to lower the number of eggs stimulated as I believe smaller quantity of eggs yields better quality.
In Ectopic, does the hcg raise normally as well?

I was on menopur 300 units and the blocker which i cant rem the name. Prev cycle i was on lucrin and menopur. I am with kkivf.

I was on menopur 300 units and the blocker which i cant rem the name. Prev cycle i was on lucrin and menopur. I am with kkivf.
I was also on menopur 300 and orgalutran. menopur indeed gave me better results and I'm also with Kkivf.

Previous cycles with other clinics they always use gonal f and puregon which is all pure FSH jabs.

This is only for ivf counselling..not for doctors appointment... Have to see which doctor u chose aso.. Dr tan is senior consultant so his consulation fees will be a bit expensive..think is $132 (before gst)

I just got my appointment with Dr Yu from SGH, hopefully I can start my fresh cycle next month. Anyone know the overall cost for SGH?

So it won't raise 2x in 2-3 days kind like in normal preg?
At least your first 5 betas will be slow, not really doubling. even if it keeps doubling based on your low score, then you have to keep monitoring as there's a possibility. May not be but possible. Then by week 5-6 you should start checking if you have signs of shoulder blade pain on either side or hurts when you cough while lying down on your left or right ovary area. Spotting is also a sign ...

But if you are just having low betas no other signs, then don't worry too much. Hcg levels are just a gauge, as long as it keeps doubling till you go for first scan and see the fetus in your sac, then betas does not matter anymore !

At least your first 5 betas will be slow, not really doubling. even if it keeps doubling based on your low score, then you have to keep monitoring as there's a possibility. May not be but possible. Then by week 5-6 you should start checking if you have signs of shoulder blade pain on either side or hurts when you cough while lying down on your left or right ovary area. Spotting is also a sign ...

But if you are just having low betas no other signs, then don't worry too much. Hcg levels are just a gauge, as long as it keeps doubling till you go for first scan and see the fetus in your sac, then betas does not matter anymore !
Ok.. My last 2 BT are ok.. Just wanna make sure.. Scan is still the most accurate hor

Hi all, I just went to collect my blood test yesterday. Super sad coz the test showed that I have Low ovarian reserves (amh 4.31) which means that I have to start on short protocol instead of Long protocol. Will be starting my jab on day 2 which is probably next wed or Thursday instead of yesterday

Sorry to ask. Mine is 0.4 for amh wich doctor say v low. If yrs is 4.3 I suppose it still ok? Pls enlighten if im wrong..

Dear whmc,
Best of luck tomorrow, try to stay positive for now! Hugs...

@muff @whmc... am sorry to hear what both of you are experiencing. Just wanna share with both of you my experience.. I did my 1st fresh cycle last Oct.. 1 week before BT, I start having bleeding. At first I thought AF but my beta came back 61.2. Repeated BT 3 days later, went up to 190. Saw Dr tan after 2nd BT, he said since hcg went up it cannot be af blood and told me still got hope.. by then bleeding stop so I thought everything is gg to be fine but 2 days later, I start having continuous pain on my left abdomen. Went to kkh 24hrs clinic immediately. Did a scan, nothing found in uterus, beta 295. Doctor suspected ectopic. Did a detailed scan and they found mass bleeding on my left side. Undergo an emergency keyholes surgery and my left tube was removed. It is possible for tube to ruptured as early as week 5... I hope things will turn out good for both of you! Wishing both of you all the best!

Last edited:
Haiz... in the end i still lost my bb. i took a week's leave from work. fri got appt with my doc, i'll ask her "why like that". i guess i'll be back to do another FET. still got 4 embies in the freezer. i hope you don't get paranoid by what happened to me. enjoy your pregnancy!

Hi, same thing happened to me the last time i had bfp. Happy too early.

When my gynae scanned and didnt see sac anymore, he only tell me, could be a bad embroyo and body absorbed it back. There can never be a definite reason i guess.

@muff @whmc... am sorry to hear what both of you are experiencing. Just wanna share with both of you my experience.. I did my 1st fresh cycle last Oct.. 1 week before BT, I start having bleeding. At first I thought AF but my beta came back 61.2. Repeated BT 3 days later, went up to 190. Saw Dr tan after 2nd BT, he said since hcg went up it cannot be af blood and told me still got hope.. by then bleeding stop so I thought everything is gg to be fine but 2 days later, I start having continuous pain on my left abdomen. Went to kkh 24hrs clinic immediately. Did a scan, nothing found in uterus, beta 295. Doctor suspected ectopic. Did a detailed scan and they found mass bleeding on my left side. Undergo an emergency keyholes surgery and my left tube was removed. It is possible for tube to ruptured as early as week 5... I hope things will turn out good for both of you! Wishing both of you all the best!

Hi, thanks for sharing. I am so paranoid over any pain i feel these days. I am just afraid that my pain threshold could be quite high and i ignore something which i shouldnt. I have accepted that it can be a failed cycle, just hoping it is nothing worse.

Most ectopic has lower hcg reading? Can't help but feel paranoid sometimes. Trying to stay positive..

Haiz... in the end i still lost my bb. i took a week's leave from work. fri got appt with my doc, i'll ask her "why like that". i guess i'll be back to do another FET. still got 4 embies in the freezer. i hope you don't get paranoid by what happened to me. enjoy your pregnancy!
So sorry to hear that! Hope your next FET will be a good one.. Take care and rest well!

Hope nothing worse for you! Would you have a review soon?

sorry to hear about that, all the best to your next FET! jiayou ok?

Most ectopic has lower hcg reading? Can't help but feel paranoid sometimes. Trying to stay positive..

So sorry to hear that! Hope your next FET will be a good one.. Take care and rest well!

Hope nothing worse for you! Would you have a review soon?

Have appt to see Dr this afternoon. Nurse say they will not call me for bt results today. Doc will tell me.

Wow 5 weeks !! Is early. Mine almost ruptured near week 7 and went in emergency surgery keyhole. I also had my left tube removed. They still show me the after mass of the embryo stuck inside. It was quite huge already why do we have to suffer like this ?

Oh dear, rest well and prepare for the next FET. During your first scan they couldn't tell that the sac was too Low?

Back