IVF/ICSI Support Group

U have to weigh the balance and whether U are willing to risk having twins if it really happen. I know the risk of transferring more but still go ahead with it because of my age, my embryo quality, my past cycle failure are all determining factor. I have transferred three n not a single one stick and the recent cycle BFP with twins.

Everyone is saying twins are so cute etc but it comes with a lot of risk. Preterm labor is one of them. Gestational diabetic, heavier near to full term and may need bedrest, bad morning sickness and chances of natural birth is difficult. Depending on your built and your past cycle I would say decide from there.
Congrats Bunny!

Don't mean to be a wet blanket.. But I transferred two blast for my first fresh cycle but still bfn. So go with what u think is comfortable. After failing cycles, my doc now says just transfer 2. The aim is to get preg, doesn't matter even if it's twins. FYI he always encourage 1 embryo transfer
Are you frm KKH?

Wondering if any sistas had Lucrin as trigger shot instead. I am supposed to administered by TMC OPD staff on this Sat night. My concern is where should the injection site be? Abdomen, front thigh, buttock? This is just to prepare myself incase the staff has no idea. :) Thanks.
The nurses recommended me buttocks. Not as painful i guess.
I also had Lucrin as trigger. I understand from the duty doctor that lucrin reduces the risk of getting OHSS, but it would affect lining, thus ET not recommended. I took my shot at KKH on the tummy, not painful. You can always ask the nurse where to inject bah.

Hi, Blood test is 337.05, Counselling is 256.80 as of Jun 15
mine bill was $415 (before gst) for blood test in sep 2015 for both me and hubby (we totally didn't do any blood test before that). $337.05 for registration and ivf counselling in nov 2015. not too sure if it would be cheaper for non-private patient (I'm under the private).

Oh... i am thinking about my lining for FET. I forgot my average lining during my stimms period. only can remember got triple but i think its the jabs that made it to triple lining.. How many mg or prognova were u given? my dr gave me 2mg to take.. now waiting menses to arrive to start! You transferred 2 embbies? Again, my dr only recommend me 1... Was thinking should i ask for 2..
i started with 4mg progynova from CD4 to CD8, 6mg from CD9 to D13, first scan on CD10, ET on CD14. 4mg from CD14 till BT (17dp2dt) and crinone gel inserts from CD12 till BT. Yap, I tranferred 2 day-2 embies.

Hi, I'm worried abt my reduced menstrual flow. In the past, I can change up to 4-5 pads a day for day 1 and day 2 of my AF. Now, only 3 pads for day 1 and 1 for day 2! I'm diagnosed with low Amh.... But should this affect my AF?

Am I normal?

Hi, I'm worried abt my reduced menstrual flow. In the past, I can change up to 4-5 pads a day for day 1 and day 2 of my AF. Now, only 3 pads for day 1 and 1 for day 2! I'm diagnosed with low Amh.... But should this affect my AF?

Am I normal?
Low amh is our egg reserve. If I not wrong mens is the shedding of the wall of our womb. I also considered low amh after I done 3cycles of fresh Ivf. But thru out the years, my mens is always last abt 3days n I used abt 3 heavy duty pads lo. Amh is help doc to decide how much dosage to start us of Ivf. I on the max dosage. I suceed for my 4th fresh cycle. Expecting my nos.2. Jia you. Important n key to success is stress free. Let the doc do the thinking part.

Hi any one in June cycle? After my failed FET last Dec, was in dilemma if I wanna continue for my 3rd fresh cycle. Went for my follow last week after my failed FET and decided to try one last time in May but unfortunately the earliest they can give me is in June. Don't know why I'm more nervous this time round than my first few cycles.... Keep thinking if I shld do this year or postpone it to next year instead.

Hi any one in June cycle? After my failed FET last Dec, was in dilemma if I wanna continue for my 3rd fresh cycle. Went for my follow last week after my failed FET and decided to try one last time in May but unfortunately the earliest they can give me is in June. Don't know why I'm more nervous this time round than my first few cycles.... Keep thinking if I shld do this year or postpone it to next year instead.
What are your concerns? Which hospital are you with?

I can understand your fear because it is the 3rd fresh and somehow for most ppl it's sort of like final destination. Confidence surely drop to rock bottom after few failures. In ivf cycles there won't be a time when U will be ready at least not for me. No matter how prepared mentally or physically in your mind there will still be a hope that U want to do well this cycle. If U are nervous postpone to two or three months later but I wont suggest postpone too long because embryo quality and reserve will drop the longer U drag. That's how I feel. Discuss with your hubby and decide from there.

mine bill was $415 (before gst) for blood test in sep 2015 for both me and hubby (we totally didn't do any blood test before that). $337.05 for registration and ivf counselling in nov 2015. not too sure if it would be cheaper for non-private patient (I'm under the private).

I supposed all ivf patients r under private? I don't Rem there's subsidized rate.

Go with your body condition. If ur body is ready for fresh cycle, no harm trying this year. i know it's hard to relax but do somethings to help to relax yourself ie. Meditation, watching movie etc. Mayb consult ur gynae if u are good for the next round and how to improve on the cycle i.e. Change of med or method?

I supposed all ivf patients r under private? I don't Rem there's subsidized rate.
ermmm... I'm not sure. What I heard is if you took a referral letter from polyclinic, the doctor's consultation fee is cheaper. For me, the blood tests were done on the same day after the consultation. Since all these are happening before IVF, there could still be subsidized rates? But seriously I'm not sure.

It seems that their blood test charges keep increasing...

U have to weigh the balance and whether U are willing to risk having twins if it really happen. I know the risk of transferring more but still go ahead with it because of my age, my embryo quality, my past cycle failure are all determining factor. I have transferred three n not a single one stick and the recent cycle BFP with twins.

Everyone is saying twins are so cute etc but it comes with a lot of risk. Preterm labor is one of them. Gestational diabetic, heavier near to full term and may need bedrest, bad morning sickness and chances of natural birth is difficult. Depending on your built and your past cycle I would say decide from there.
Congrats! U transferred how many embryos?

@Dreamscometrue, is this going to be your 2nd or 3rd cycle? If you have done 2 blastocysts transfer previously and didn't succeed, usually doc will agree with 2 blastocysts or 3 embryos for subsequent transfers if I'm not mistaken. My first fresh cycle with 2 day-2 embryos transfer failed, from then on, partly due to my age, there wasn't much deliberation on my doc's part to proceed with the max. no. of embryos allowed by law for my subsequent transfers. So for my 1st FET, 2nd & 3rd fresh, we did 3 day-2 embryos each time. All failed to implant but managed to have good no. of frozen embryos from 3rd fresh to try blastocysts. Even tho it was my first blastocyst transfer, but was also my 5th transfer and I was late 38yo then, doc supported going straight for 2 blastocysts and one managed to implant. I agree with feeling that after failing previous cycles with max. no. of embryo transfers everytime with good embies, you just want to up your chances against your odds to get a viable bfp. If you can & are going for blastocysts this time, I would say go for the max. 2. Stay positive & all the best ya

Last edited:
It seems that their blood test charges keep increasing...
The charges may or may not be going up. I went to KKH from a private hospital and I had not done any blood test previously. While for the others, they might have done some of the blood test before moving on to IVF. No need to repeat the same blood test if the results have not expired. There's quite a number of things being measured, I think the nurse drew 3 tubes of blood from me and 1 tube from hubby.

i feel so unlucky. I'm suppose to start my 2nd fresh IVF this week but i kena high fever, sore throat flu. Sigh. I was informed to postpone to next month April. Already suffering becos no baby, now have to postpone and leave with more questions to come.
Why God so unfair. Some women have it so easy to give birth 1,2,3 children. To have even 1 baby is so tough for me. Why God why?
Sorry ladies, venting my frustration over here.

Update from today's fertilisation report, done blood test too.

Out of 21 retrieved
- 12 good embryo :)
- 2 under observation

Doc say it's pretty good results, given utrogestan till blood test day for lining support.

Doc suggest wait for mon blastocyst stage, will be transferring 1 on coming Mon. But she also said only might 3 or 4 will survived

Did serious thinking before that whether to transfer 2 today or 1 the strongest on Mon.

Last edited:
ermmm... I'm not sure. What I heard is if you took a referral letter from polyclinic, the doctor's consultation fee is cheaper. For me, the blood tests were done on the same day after the consultation. Since all these are happening before IVF, there could still be subsidized rates? But seriously I'm not sure.

I quit my job to focus on "family planning" so we took the subsidized path (@ KKH)
1. Get a referral letter from polyclinic
2. About 2-3 months later, see the Dr (cannot choose) and the consultation fee will be subsidize.
All IVF blood tests, ultrascan and sperm check will be subsidize as well.
4. Once IVF treatment starts, you will be switch to "private" rate.
5. Revert to "subsidy" patient once BFP, which mean there will be subside rate for gynea, certain tests and medication.
Example: A month supply of progesterone pill is like 5 bucks after subsidy (was like $100+)
However, if you wish to stay with the same IVF Dr throughout the pregnancy, you need to switch to private patient.

A note: Each visit, the waiting time is at least an hr.
If I'm still working, I will probably will go as private to avoid the long wait time.

Hi, i having been reading this thread since 2012. Been ttc for past 7years, failed 1iui, 1so-iui, 3 fresh cycle( if plus this round, will be 4fresh), 1fet. Did laposcopy in 2013, manage to conceive naturally, but miscarriage at 20weeks due to water bag burst. I don't know how long more can i persist.

Today is 6days past transfer. I totally have no symptoms at all. Guess i failed again this time. I really don 't understand why me. Being infertile is already hard path for me, having to give birth to stillborn was even more unbearable. At the end of the day, still have to start all over again.

I am in a dilema stage now. Shld i just move on with life or shld i continue this path? Shld i even give up my career? What if i give up my career, and in the end, i still cant conceive? I don't have any more time to waste as i m almost 40. I need money for my livelihood, yet i also have no time to waste. Sorry for being so pessimistic, because all these years, i face failure more than success. 1side of me keeping urging to give up, the other side of me keep urging to persist.

I also had Lucrin as trigger. I understand from the duty doctor that lucrin reduces the risk of getting OHSS, but it would affect lining, thus ET not recommended. I took my shot at KKH on the tummy, not painful. You can always ask the nurse where to inject bah.
Thanks for the info ChasingRainbow...

@jp77 same for me
Today is 6dpt
No symptoms
Guess I failed again too

I failed 3 iui
One fresh Ivf and one Fet

Really don't know what I can do to conceive

Dear Jp777 and ttc77,
Cheer up! Don't be discouraged by the failures but to live and fight with hopes! I know it is easier to speak than to act. We should be grateful for having a critical disease-free body to undergo IVF treatment. Have a cheerful (like my profile pic) day sistas! Tomorrow will be a better day!

Hello all, I'm new here. Doing my first fresh cycle in KKH and just had my ER today. Retrieved 16 and was told to do ET and take blood test on Monday for OHSS. Was reading about blastocyst and wondering if dr advised to wait for blastocyst, does it mean the ET will not be on Monday? Does the ICSI happen today after ER?

Hello all, I'm new here. Doing my first fresh cycle in KKH and just had my ER today. Retrieved 16 and was told to do ET and take blood test on Monday for OHSS. Was reading about blastocyst and wondering if dr advised to wait for blastocyst, does it mean the ET will not be on Monday? Does the ICSI happen today after ER?

Good luck.

I had my ER done one wed, back for blood test & fertilisation report on today. Mine ET will be done on Mon using blastocyst.

I think it all depends on your embryo survival rate??? Mine out of 21, 12 good Embryo & 2 under observation. Thus doc suggest blastocyst.

So urs will mostly likely on Wed for blastocyst. If not ET will be on Mon itself.

Update from today's fertilisation report, done blood test too.

Out of 21 retrieved
- 12 good embryo :)
- 2 under observation

Doc say it's pretty good results, given utrogestan till blood test day for lining support.

Doc suggest wait for mon blastocyst stage, will be transferring 1 on coming Mon. But she also said only might 3 or 4 will survived

Did serious thinking before that whether to transfer 2 today or 1 the strongest on Mon.
Congrats, you have very good result!

Hi bbdust81... Are you talking about the 4 types of blood test (HIV/ Hep/ Rubella/.. )?
If yes... I paid about 128+ per pax last Aug and 300 plus for ivf registration last Sep.
Hi @Mrs Chan00, I am referring to the blood tests for IVF treatment. I understand that SGH and NUH don't charge for the counselling session. Just curious to know how special is KK's

Hi ladies, I have 4 sticks of crinone gel issued by NUH on 16 Feb 2016 to give away. Pick up at AMK Ave 3/St 12 on weekends or Buona Vista on weekdays, working hours. Need to bring own cooler bag and ice pack. Pls pm.

The charges may or may not be going up. I went to KKH from a private hospital and I had not done any blood test previously. While for the others, they might have done some of the blood test before moving on to IVF. No need to repeat the same blood test if the results have not expired. There's quite a number of things being measured, I think the nurse drew 3 tubes of blood from me and 1 tube from hubby.
I also move from private to KK do IVF. The nurse advised me the counselling charges but not the blood tests charges...

Hi @Mrs Chan00, I am referring to the blood tests for IVF treatment. I understand that SGH and NUH don't charge for the counselling session. Just curious to know how special is KK's
Yup... I was told to do those tests for ivf. Hubby also need to do.
During the counselling session, the nurse will go through the IVF procedure and get you to sign some forms. The nurse will then give you a number to call to make apt to see counsellor before the start of treatment (Optional) which is FOC.

i feel so unlucky. I'm suppose to start my 2nd fresh IVF this week but i kena high fever, sore throat flu. Sigh. I was informed to postpone to next month April. Already suffering becos no baby, now have to postpone and leave with more questions to come.
Why God so unfair. Some women have it so easy to give birth 1,2,3 children. To have even 1 baby is so tough for me. Why God why?
Sorry ladies, venting my frustration over here.
Hi, I'm also supposed to start yesterday, but fell sick. Postpone to end of the month. It's good to focus on getting well now than later to blame failure when cycle was done when unwell. I feel relieved when cycle is postponed, too much stress to handle

@Jp777, I feel you... I have been ttc since 2012 and still not successful despite 4 fresh cycles. I'm gg for my 5th fresh...

I also have very low chance of conceiving giving my situation...

Perhaps you wan to consider egg donor?

@Dreamscometrue, is this going to be your 2nd or 3rd cycle? If you have done 2 blastocysts transfer previously and didn't succeed, usually doc will agree with 2 blastocysts or 3 embryos for subsequent transfers if I'm not mistaken. My first fresh cycle with 2 day-2 embryos transfer failed, from then on, partly due to my age, there wasn't much deliberation on my doc's part to proceed with the max. no. of embryos allowed by law for my subsequent transfers. So for my 1st FET, 2nd & 3rd fresh, we did 3 day-2 embryos each time. All failed to implant but managed to have good no. of frozen embryos from 3rd fresh to try blastocysts. Even tho it was my first blastocyst transfer, but was also my 5th transfer and I was late 38yo then, doc supported going straight for 2 blastocysts and one managed to implant. I agree with feeling that after failing previous cycles with max. no. of embryo transfers everytime with good embies, you just want to up your chances against your odds to get a viable bfp. If you can & are going for blastocysts this time, I would say go for the max. 2. Stay positive & all the best ya
This is my first medicated FET. Did 2 fresh cycles and both BFN. I Guess my age doesn't qualify for transferring 3 so 2 is max. Ya and I'll transfer 2 this round if my lining guai guai grow for tmr scan..

This is my first medicated FET. Did 2 fresh cycles and both BFN. I Guess my age doesn't qualify for transferring 3 so 2 is max. Ya and I'll transfer 2 this round if my lining guai guai grow for tmr scan..
The max for blastocyst is actually 2. For cleavage stage day-2 or 3 embryos will be 3. So if yours will be the max allowed by law if doing blastocysts. Jia you!

Dear Jp777 and ttc77,
Cheer up! Don't be discouraged by the failures but to live and fight with hopes! I know it is easier to speak than to act. We should be grateful for having a critical disease-free body to undergo IVF treatment. Have a cheerful (like my profile pic) day sistas! Tomorrow will be a better day!

@Jp777 and @ttc77
Sending every positive thoughts and prayers!
6dpt is still early; I didn't have any symptoms too but got my bfp 10dp5dt during BT.
Due to my pcos and risks associated with multiple pregnancy, my doctor only allowed eSET (elective single embryo transfer) for me.
I know the 2ww is a stressful period; been thru that!
But hey, cheer up, think positively and happy thoughts k! ;) ;) ;)

@Jp777, I feel you... I have been ttc since 2012 and still not successful despite 4 fresh cycles. I'm gg for my 5th fresh...

I also have very low chance of conceiving giving my situation...

Perhaps you wan to consider egg donor?

Is there egg donor option in Singapore?
No right?
Anyway doubt my Husband is ok with the idea

Back