2016/07 July babies

@verluv - your name is under the blue team. Seems like u went in there by mistake then: )

Is there a detailed scan at week 20-ish? I vaguely recall something like that.

Anyone moms with previous pregnancy experiencing the little short tightening just above your cervix?
Same as my last few pregnancies, my little one curled up and form a small little hard rounded shapes on and off. I can feel the curling up process that feels like a sudden knot and then it disappears after a min or so or after me rubbing my lower uterus .

I will opt for wk20 detailed scan too. I read this is one of the most important scans.

Himawari, I never had prior experience but it sure sounds new to me. Is this something normal that your doc says nothing to worry about?

Eileenyoyo wow that's very lanky. Me 160cm and my guy just few cm taller so i guess our combination is as so. Haha.

Oh yes that is a detailed scan at 20-22 weeks. That one will know if there is any birth defects.. So quite important

@I0v3s - Great! Let's see if we pop tog.

Is there anyone here who didn't go through any of the Panorama / verifi / Harmony tests and yet already know the gender? My little chap danced with the legs firmly closed during the scan, couldn't see anything. Gotta wait till the next visit.

I didnt go through any of those tests. And likely to pop on the same day as you. My next appointment is coming up in a few days time.

@himawari - i experience that too, normally to the side. Very weird kind of sensation.

@KWL - maybe you can find out the gender in a few day's time. So exciting!

Alright, if the detailed scan is then, i'll plan for an earlier appointment time, because i remember that scan takes a really really long time.

I use app also showing ard 20 July. Either the first gynae miscalculated my EDD or my babies are growing fast. ;)

My first gynae also calculated the wrong Edd initially! (We have the same first gynae ) but I realized it is of no fault of hers. I saw the computer data and found the nurse key in wrong last menses date for the doctor. I feedback to nurses to correct. Next time I went , still the wrong date.
Now I'm with another clinic.

Hi, just an update. I have received call from kkh regarding my harmony results. Glad.that results r good, at low risk. I'm in blue team. All along I got e feel Im in pink team. Haha. Still feeling surprised.. =)

Hi, just an update. I have received call from kkh regarding my harmony results. Glad.that results r good, at low risk. I'm in blue team. All along I got e feel Im in pink team. Haha. Still feeling surprised.. =)

@JAPL Congratz !! Me too.. went for harmony test and result came back low risk or so call "false positive" from the first scan PHEW~~ kinda of a long wait.... Same same blue team too ~~

Hello,

Firstly, congrats on the good result, you can rest easy now :)

Do you mean Paranoma test instead of Harmony test? Btw, how many days did they take before they dial you to give you the test result? I did my paranoma test last wed.

Thank you

Hello! mummies and daddies,

if you are looking for experience confinement lady service directly, you may drop me an email for enquiries.

I got to know my confinement lady from malaysia during May 2015. Her services provided is excellent!
Interested to know more, please drop me an email at [email protected]

Hello,

Firstly, congrats on the good result, you can rest easy now :)

Do you mean Paranoma test instead of Harmony test? Btw, how many days did they take before they dial you to give you the test result? I did my paranoma test last wed.

Thank you

Hello aaa111 =) ... I received my Paranoma results after 8 days including weekends ... you can call the counselor that is in-charge of your case from ADC to know the results rather then waiting for their call because they are usually busy entertaining other couples ( tats what i did bcos I couldnt wait any longer ).... good luck =)

Hello aaa111 =) ... I received my Paranoma results after 8 days including weekends ... you can call the counselor that is in-charge of your case from ADC to know the results rather then waiting for their call because they are usually busy entertaining other couples ( tats what i did bcos I couldnt wait any longer ).... good luck =)

I did my first trimester screening (Oscar) 3 weeks ago n so far the nurse didn't call me or anything. She only said the doctor will talk to me in my next appointment which is in another 2 weeks. Meanwhile I'm so gan Cheong.

I did my first trimester screening (Oscar) 3 weeks ago n so far the nurse didn't call me or anything. She only said the doctor will talk to me in my next appointment which is in another 2 weeks. Meanwhile I'm so gan Cheong.

Don worry I wld say that you are so far so good! :) Usually any serious issues doctor wld have call you immediately already. No calls mean good thing

Agree totally with the other mummy. No news is good news :)

I am such a timid pie, first time mummy, thinking of the delivery I feel so scared now ... if to be by csect will your choose epi half numb or GA full body numb?

Hello, i dun think there is a choice. but the pain will kick in only after the pain killer wear off x number of hours after the ops. During the ops, you will be conscious and know what is going on around you, just that you do not feel the pain when the doctor cut open your tummy to extract your bb.

I am such a timid pie, first time mummy, thinking of the delivery I feel so scared now ... if to be by csect will your choose epi half numb or GA full body numb?
I guess we're pretty similar, I'm very timid as well that the reason why I couldn't make up my mind. Hahaha! I ever dreamt about myself going into the delivery suite (Natural Birth) and even before the nurses and doc came in, I shouted to be hubby that I wanna change to C-Sec. That's hilarious!

@aaa111 I see..! I always tot there is another option to go to sleep unconcious , when wake up , you will see your bb. .. being concious during ops must be freaking scary I can't imagine oMG

@Deceptionist hahaha! But to me csect is equally scary ! I wld need a lot of distraction !! :p

Think doctors will encourage us to try natural as far as possible, body heals faster, and we can start breastfeeding right after delivery.
For those who go for C-section, i believe the choice of epi or GA depends on you, whether u want to be awake n be aware of whats going on or you'll rather they do it quick while you're out cold.
Both of mine were natural deliveries, so i can't share much abt the benefits of C-section, other than the fact that you can plan the labour instead of being taken by surprise and possibly being stuck in the labour ward for a long time. My friend told me her epi C section experience and it sort of freaked me out. After the anesthesiologist administered the epi, while her doc was making the incision on her tummy, she felt the cut, yes, as in she felt it. It turned out her body was quite immune to the drug and it needed a far longer time for it to take effect on her than others *shudder*.

At my age maybe I need c sec but my doc is definitely pro natural. I will choose natural as first choice because I don't really like the thought of being cut open and I surely wanna heal in a quicker manner. All these said, sometimes it's not our choice. I will go whichever way that is most safest and stress less for my bb.

As for fear, I'm sure we all have. But I think we women are more stronger mentally and physically than we thought we are. We'll rise to the occasion and kick ass.

Think doctors will encourage us to try natural as far as possible, body heals faster, and we can start breastfeeding right after delivery.
For those who go for C-section, i believe the choice of epi or GA depends on you, whether u want to be awake n be aware of whats going on or you'll rather they do it quick while you're out cold.
Both of mine were natural deliveries, so i can't share much abt the benefits of C-section, other than the fact that you can plan the labour instead of being taken by surprise and possibly being stuck in the labour ward for a long time. My friend told me her epi C section experience and it sort of freaked me out. After the anesthesiologist administered the epi, while her doc was making the incision on her tummy, she felt the cut, yes, as in she felt it. It turned out her body was quite immune to the drug and it needed a far longer time for it to take effect on her than others *shudder*.

Hello,

The dr might be a bit inexperience, rightfully he/she should test it by touching the sharp knife edge on your tummy and check with the mummy how she feel, the mummy should only feel a blunt object pushing her tummy and not feel the painful cut. If the mummy feedback still painful, the doctor should wait a bit longer and test again, the drug need time to kick in and time take varies from mummy to mummy. Doctor should not rush to start cutting.

@aaa111 I see..! I always tot there is another option to go to sleep unconcious , when wake up , you will see your bb. .. being concious during ops must be freaking scary I can't imagine oMG

@Deceptionist hahaha! But to me csect is equally scary ! I wld need a lot of distraction !! :p

Hello, I am very old fashion, i alsways have the thinking the drug use to knock us numb to pain is not good for our body therefore i will choose to remain conscious while the doctor cut me. Btw, when the doctor cut you, you will not be able to see it beco they will raise a cloth to shield you. Meaning you will be able to see doctor and nurse around, some hospital allow hubby to come in to sit beside you to encourage you. I know TMC allow it. Since you are not knock out, you will get to hear the baby first cry. a little bonus for you for choosing not to be knock out totally i guess.

Jia you.

Hello,

Thanks for the advice. I called them up and guess what, my report is in too. Low risk and is a boy. i have request them to send me the report. Now i am waiting for mid feb to go to Dr Anandas to do the genetic scan.

Anyway, my panaroma report say

Trisomy 21 1/10000 low risk
Trisomy 18 1/10000 low risk
Trisomy 13 1/10000 low risk
Monosomy X 1/10000 low risk
triploidy/ Vanishing twin Low risk

i think your report also same same ya.

Last edited:
I hope I can go natural again and have a fast labour like last round. From admission to delivery was only about 5 hrs or so.

Don't know whether lady luck will smile on me again or not.

@MistyCloud - Me too, and without epidural. Most of my friends tell me that they either vomited, had bad nausea or shivered from cold for some time after delivery with epidural, hence I've tried to avoid it. Had enough of vomitting during pregnancy! I did drink the red raspberry leaf tea after 7/8 mths, perhaps it really helped. Can second / subsequent time mummies share if you took that previously?

I hope I can go natural again and have a fast labour like last round. From admission to delivery was only about 5 hrs or so.

Don't know whether lady luck will smile on me again or not.

That's fast. It took me 13hrs to delivery my boy 2years back.

I was so hungry and regretted not to have the cup of milo the nurse offered me .

Hopefully this round will be fast ✌✌

@MistyCloud - Me too, and without epidural. Most of my friends tell me that they either vomited, had bad nausea or shivered from cold for some time after delivery with epidural, hence I've tried to avoid it. Had enough of vomitting during pregnancy! I did drink the red raspberry leaf tea after 7/8 mths, perhaps it really helped. Can second / subsequent time mummies share if you took that previously?

Brave!!! I give in to epidural after diluted 4cm plus. Can't relax so give in.
I didn't take the red raspberry leaf tea. I just continue to drink red dates tea but stopped after 2mth coz too heaty.

My labour was 4hrs natural birth but induced. Admitted to hospital with show bt no contraction or any pain. Once the nurse broke my waterbag, e pain kicked in n quite intense for the nxt 4 hrs , was moaning n the nurse kept asking if I want epidural bt I rejected. One of them still asked me not to make so much noise, my goodness,I wonder if anyone went through natural no epidural without making a single noise.

Same here. I read that someone said u can still feel a bit of tug and pull (though most likely u cant feel the pain)... sounds scary. :eek:
Another said intestines may sometimes be lifted out if they get in the way. This sounds even scarier.. Dunno true or not.... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

@tuna, I'm not brave... I had epidural the moment I admitted. :p

I was cold during delivery but a ok after. Very energetic and glad my delivery was painless. Just hoping for 2nd time lucky.

@eiLeENyoYO I was offered a sandwich before pushing and I didnt even know I was ready to deliver.

My labour was 4hrs natural birth but induced. Admitted to hospital with show bt no contraction or any pain. Once the nurse broke my waterbag, e pain kicked in n quite intense for the nxt 4 hrs , was moaning n the nurse kept asking if I want epidural bt I rejected. One of them still asked me not to make so much noise, my goodness,I wonder if anyone went through natural no epidural without making a single noise.

Why was the nurse like that? Natural delivery of course will be painful...

You ladies are all so brave to opt for epi free!

Actually we didn't expect baby to come that soon as we have 2 more weeks before week 40. It was just a normal routine check. But my waterbag water is low and gynae doesn't want to take the risk.
I didn't realized any leaking at all. By then I was already 3cm diluted which I also didn't experienced any pain at all.
So at first I thought I can make it w/o epidural.
But the min the waterbag was broken, the pain starts to kick in.
My gynae did mention that try not to scream so to save the energy for pushing later.
When diluted to 4cm plus, I just give in and ask for epidural.
I didn't google much about the side effect.
But after administered, I started to shaking non stop and my hubby got to get them to reduce to the min dosage.
But I considered lucky coz after the birth, I didn't need to take pain killer and was about to walk ard the next morning.
So overall I think my 1st experience with my gynae was good.
Praying that this delivery will be smooth too...

@MistyCloud is the process of injecting epidural traumatizing ?? I read can help to relieve the procedure by using "laughing gas"? What's your experience like, can tahan?

@Joy10 yah!! That's what I had read before as well! Currently my decision will to go for GA rather than epidural if were to csect. *subject to change if I suddenly have the courage when dates nearer * lol!!!

@JJade We'l need to curl up and stretch out the spine for the injection. I was freaked out and asked to hold the nurse hands and hubby cannot be in the room then.

The anesthesia n was good I guess. he did warn me that some people will feel a slight electric shock when he inject the epidural but I didn't feel anything.

Everything about Childbirth is scary to me!! When I saw the gynae took the scissors up to cut me, I looked away. I'm still scared of it and am thankful mine was a breeze back then.

I'm even afraid of sex after delivery... for a while...

@JJade We'l need to curl up and stretch out the spine for the injection. I was freaked out and asked to hold the nurse hands and hubby cannot be in the room then.

The anesthesia n was good I guess. he did warn me that some people will feel a slight electric shock when he inject the epidural but I didn't feel anything.

Everything about Childbirth is scary to me!! When I saw the gynae took the scissors up to cut me, I looked away. I'm still scared of it and am thankful mine was a breeze back then.

I'm even afraid of sex after delivery... for a while...

Oh my............ so is removing the epidural after delivery another drama too?? I watched videos on how they inject, it's like a bullet snapped onto the back and blood will flow out @@

Yah I do imagine the fear too, like same as the vaginal tear after stitches, if need urine and it touches the wound will it feel burning???

Back