(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Mummies who have given birth...

Can i check if you are required to go back to check your stitches in like a few weeks time? The nurse from SGH called me and say nope i no need go back to gynae liao... but my next appt will be approxi 1 month ltr for another checkup... physio check (cos mine was a 3rd degree tear)

I'm hoping for e best since dis is number 2. Haha. Been telling bb dat she can come out from today. Can feel slight cramps on n off but still dun wan come out leh...
Wah.... 3.2kg.
My first was 3.3kg.... it took more than 12hr to pop out....

My gynae will always wanna c mummies who haf given birth 2 wks after delivery. But mine is private gynae so maybe diff practice

Can i check if you are required to go back to check your stitches in like a few weeks time? The nurse from SGH called me and say nope i no need go back to gynae liao... but my next appt will be approxi 1 month ltr for another checkup... physio check (cos mine was a 3rd degree tear)

Yup, I have a follow up about 2 weeks after delivery. Can you try to get an a appointment? If not, just watch out for pus or funky smells. Meanwhile, keep the wound clean and change yr pad regularly. :)

I went back for checkup 10 days after my c-sec. But mine gynea is from TMC.

Thxs all mummies... nw just thinking if i should give sgh a call again to confirm... it juz seem a bit out of norm... but... calling them = leading me in circle... directing me from one person to another... =[

I find it strange also coz for #1 I recalled gg back to gynae in the first month,a few weeks later after delivery. but my #1 was at TMC so probably different practice.

my appt is next year in Jan 2016 and I gave birth in Nov, got tear too. but the nurse said the usual norm is for appt to be 1.5 mths after delivery and they gave me the earliest slot available which is in Jan 2016 :confused:

u look out for unusual pain or swelling. if there is any pus or unusual pain etc, try to make an earlier appt if cant then try to see another gynae (probably from private practice)

mummies who had given birth previously, do you recall what the checkup is for? is it just to check stitches? i am thinking if stitches healed already can just skip and dont go back for appt ? I hate the few hours waiting time and hassle to go if its just to check stitches.. wonder if i will wait for few hours and go into the clinic for only few minutes for Dr to see and say , ok your stitches are fine. u can go home now :p

cant remember for #1 what was done at the checkup...or if there was any ultrasound done to check for blood clots etc as too long ago..

My doctor asked to go back
1 week after birth- change bandage
2 weeks after birth- remove stitches and gave me an antibiotics creme to apply
2 months- havent go back yet
Via c- sec

Hi mummies , just checking how much milk your babies are drinking now
I gave birth on 25 th nov (edd 12 dec)

Now 3 weeks , around 60-80ml
Half breastfeed latch, Half formula 2 or 3 hours?

Is it normal?

mine natural with tear. stitches no need to remove.. auto dissolve ..not sure go back need to do what...

any mums know ?

My doctor asked to go back
1 week after birth- change bandage
2 weeks after birth- remove stitches and gave me an antibiotics creme to apply
2 months- havent go back yet
Via c- sec

I remembered if appt set more than a mth , there will be a papsmear test. But mine was a pte gynae . For my #1, after delivery (2wks after birth to check on scar healing, ultrasound scan to check womb). For my #2, appt was pushed to 1mth after delivery as i called to push appt to later date ( for 1 mth, check for stich healing, ultrasound scan on tummy + papsmear)
My current #3 - appt 3 wks from birth
Btw mine's suppose to be a Jan16 bb but ended up popped on 4Dec ...

means got checks on stitch healing, ultrasound + papsmear.. oki thanks. think i will go back since there are other checks besides the stitches.

Thanks !

I remembered if appt set more than a mth , there will be a papsmear test. But mine was a pte gynae . For my #1, after delivery (2wks after birth to check on scar healing, ultrasound scan to check womb). For my #2, appt was pushed to 1mth after delivery as i called to push appt to later date ( for 1 mth, check for stich healing, ultrasound scan on tummy + papsmear)
My current #3 - appt 3 wks from birth
Btw mine's suppose to be a Jan16 bb but ended up popped on 4Dec ...

Hi mummies , just checking how much milk your babies are drinking now
I gave birth on 25 th nov (edd 12 dec)

Now 3 weeks , around 60-80ml
Half breastfeed latch, Half formula 2 or 3 hours?

Is it normal?

Hello! As long as baby is wetting enough diapers, gaining weight and satisfied enough after each feed to sleep for 1.5/2-3 hours.. U should be ok :)

I'm not sure what amt is enough. But yours sounds ok!

I have gave birth to my girl on 14 Dec 15 instead. Edd was 29 Dec 15. Via C Sec. My hubby is doing all the washing, feeding, bathing n etc now. I am feeding her formula milk n expressing my milk too coz c sec v hard to latch her. So far expressing 20 mls every 3 hrs.
ImageUploadedByForum1450529171.069738.jpg

My edd 6jan. Bb born premature at 35w1d on 4dec .... at 4.255kg ... fluid in lung and was in nicu for 4days

Attachments

• 1450539135770.jpg
    1450539135770.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 282
Something new that hubby and i learnt today... just to share...

For mummies like me who has issues latching (yes... the latching problem is still not solve =( ) and is introducing milk bottle... the milk flow of the teat is very very important. We didnt know it at first and caused my prince a lot of pain. He started milk spitting with milk curd after every feed ever since we introduce milk bottle. We were quite concern as he is a jaundice baby (with him like that we are afraid he is not able to get enough liquid) it went on for a week and finally today went to the pd... he is very well according to pd... so pd concludes... problem is the milk bottle teat..

Too fast milk flow = bb might not able to take it and could hv choke on it...
Too slow milk flow = bb need more effort to suck which can result in more air in...

Best is still direct latch... T.T

Preterm but ur baby is really big! Now oredi back wif u safe n sound. Dat's more impt :)
Thank you ;) we had a shock too and hubby kept asking the nurse if their weighing scale is spoilt as my check up just 1.5wks b4 i pop only picked up his estimated weight at 2.95kg.

Babies may haf a sudden surge in weight n gynae only estimate so anything is possible. My gynae estimated my gal to b ard 3.2kg at least but came out 3.0kg. Thks gdness she wasn't too big coz her umbilical cord was ard her neck juz like her elder bro. Almost had to go for c sect. Both notti siblings out to scare me, both times gynae gave me ultimatum to go c sect...
Thank you ;) we had a shock too and hubby kept asking the nurse if their weighing scale is spoilt as my check up just 1.5wks b4 i pop only picked up his estimated weight at 2.95kg.

Babies may haf a sudden surge in weight n gynae only estimate so anything is possible. My gynae estimated my gal to b ard 3.2kg at least but came out 3.0kg. Thks gdness she wasn't too big coz her umbilical cord was ard her neck juz like her elder bro. Almost had to go for c sect. Both notti siblings out to scare me, both times gynae gave me ultimatum to go c sect...

Same! My gynae estimated my bb to be 3.4kg..wanted bb to be out asap in case too big later on..turned out bb was only 3.05kg. And his cord was also ard his neck..totally unexpected cos din see in the scan..scare us sia..

I just delivery on 19.12 by csec. Tomo discharging. I try to latch but no milk come. Now I just latch to stimulate my breast. May I kw when milk will come in? I try pressing my breast... come out is like transparent whitish liquid. Bb will suck my breast but there is no milk. End up hv to bottle feed him.

I just delivery on 19.12 by csec. Tomo discharging. I try to latch but no milk come. Now I just latch to stimulate my breast. May I kw when milk will come in? I try pressing my breast... come out is like transparent whitish liquid. Bb will suck my breast but there is no milk. End up hv to bottle feed him.
Same.. I just delivered on 18 by natural.. Past 2 days only colostrum.. Nurse say likely only 3rd day onwards have milk but see baby keep latching and sucking dunno if she really got drink and full a not..very worried she go home with me not enough milk come out yet..

FYI: I also thought no milk supply at first then there is these two nursery nurses who are extremely experience n encouraging. The moment they see my breasts, told me I have milk supply. Then rent me the medela breast pump n I tried n it really comes. So don't get too upset if u don't have for the first few days especially if u on c section. Also try to work out your own expressing milk timing which is diff from your baby so u have supply before bb wakes up for milk. We mixing formula n breast milk, so far my girl has no issue with bottle feed. U just have to make sure u r using the natural bottle to feed n not those for formula milk one.

Can only c in detailed scan. Normal ultrasound scan wun b able to c. We saw for my boy so arranged induction e nx day. But my gal's last checkup was before 39 wks so we din chk again y e head had nt engaged coz gynae said still can wait n we juz gotta make sure she is active everyday. We juz hap to set e induction date for her coz my ultimatum for her to b born is my hubby bdae. So we all only knew when she was born...
Same! My gynae estimated my bb to be 3.4kg..wanted bb to be out asap in case too big later on..turned out bb was only 3.05kg. And his cord was also ard his neck..totally unexpected cos din see in the scan..scare us sia..

I din bring my pump to hospital den e nurse said my supply haven come in n my gal's reserves depleted oredi so she cried quite a bit in e nursery despite latching. So started supplementing wif formula milk last nite. Will pump when we go home later today coz nurse asked me to pump n to chk n up my supply. When I hand express, can c milk but e nurse says may not b enuff for e gal. Number 2 liaoz but hit issues faster. My boy only latched for 1 wk but ended up wif high jaundice so started supplementing thereafter. Dun wanna c my gal suffer before my supply is enuff so juz start supplementing earlier. Both of them diff blood group from me. Read before they will haf higher chance of high jaundice. I managed to fully breastfeed my boy from his 3rd mth onwards. Aim to fully breastfeed my gal by 3rd wk. Jia you n we all can do it!
FYI: I also thought no milk supply at first then there is these two nursery nurses who are extremely experience n encouraging. The moment they see my breasts, told me I have milk supply. Then rent me the medela breast pump n I tried n it really comes. So don't get too upset if u don't have for the first few days especially if u on c section. Also try to work out your own expressing milk timing which is diff from your baby so u have supply before bb wakes up for milk. We mixing formula n breast milk, so far my girl has no issue with bottle feed. U just have to make sure u r using the natural bottle to feed n not those for formula milk one.

My bb was in nicu for 4days and i didnt get to carry him till 4th day when he discharged , thus this time milk came late and hospital fed him fm throughout. But once he is home, his suckle really help bring my supply and by the 5th day after delivery, i ditched the can of fm bought for his 4th day at home. Have patience and persevere. Now 2 weeks after birth, i am starting to build my stash. Jiayou mummies

My bb was in nicu for 4days and i didnt get to carry him till 4th day when he discharged , thus this time milk came late and hospital fed him fm throughout. But once he is home, his suckle really help bring my supply and by the 5th day after delivery, i ditched the can of fm bought for his 4th day at home. Have patience and persevere. Now 2 weeks after birth, i am starting to build my stash. Jiayou mummies

Such a big baby despite being preterm! That's great :) such an encouragement! I find it discouraging to pump because the amount is so little after direct latching on. Was it the same for u initially?

I din bring my pump to hospital den e nurse said my supply haven come in n my gal's reserves depleted oredi so she cried quite a bit in e nursery despite latching. So started supplementing wif formula milk last nite. Will pump when we go home later today coz nurse asked me to pump n to chk n up my supply. When I hand express, can c milk but e nurse says may not b enuff for e gal. Number 2 liaoz but hit issues faster. My boy only latched for 1 wk but ended up wif high jaundice so started supplementing thereafter. Dun wanna c my gal suffer before my supply is enuff so juz start supplementing earlier. Both of them diff blood group from me. Read before they will haf higher chance of high jaundice. I managed to fully breastfeed my boy from his 3rd mth onwards. Aim to fully breastfeed my gal by 3rd wk. Jia you n we all can do it!
Yes, my little girl has jaundice too. It's been 2 weeks and she has undergone phototherapy. But they will be ok! I'm just trying to feed as much as I can so that the jaundice can clear out of her system.

Same here. My gal has slight jaundice too. E lactation consultant says I haf milk n my breasts r starting to feel hard. But when I tried to pump juz now, nothing comes out. Hand express also nothing much. Hope my gal can suck more coz feeling painful oredi. Zzzz....
Yes, my little girl has jaundice too. It's been 2 weeks and she has undergone phototherapy. But they will be ok! I'm just trying to feed as much as I can so that the jaundice can clear out of her system.

Same here. My gal has slight jaundice too. E lactation consultant says I haf milk n my breasts r starting to feel hard. But when I tried to pump juz now, nothing comes out. Hand express also nothing much. Hope my gal can suck more coz feeling painful oredi. Zzzz....
Hang in there! It hurts initially but I feel there's more milk with subsequent children!

Such a big baby despite being preterm! That's great :) such an encouragement! I find it discouraging to pump because the amount is so little after direct latching on. Was it the same for u initially?
Yesss.. infact when i was in hospital i tried pumping for 2 days and nothing comes out, and it didnt help that hubby ask me everyday 'still no milk??' (Cos i bf my #2 for about 1yr) .. stress to the max but i keep reminding myself that its a very mental thing so i have to stay positive and kept telling myself 'Milk is coming!' ... so 4th day evening after bb's help the colesterum came, followed by milk on 5th day morn. Kept feeding on demand and the rest is history!

Congratz to all mummies who had delivered.

Was busy pumping and ease engorged breast. Today got the lactation consultant help me to ease the engorgement. Hard like apple.
Sad my bb ger dun wan latch on me.... :( no choice hv to pump out for her. Only 4 days old and she drank 60ml.
I supplement with formula as my milk dun seem enuff for her right now.

I supplemented from 2nd day at hospital coz she kept crying in e nursery. Nurse says she still hungry even after latching for 1+ hr. 3rd day lactation consultant came n said I got milk n gal can suck well so v encouraged. Come home try pump, only a few drops. Latch almost whole nite but gal juz dun wanna stop. End up juz fed her formula coz I too tired to continue latching...
Congratz to all mummies who had delivered.

Was busy pumping and ease engorged breast. Today got the lactation consultant help me to ease the engorgement. Hard like apple.
Sad my bb ger dun wan latch on me.... :( no choice hv to pump out for her. Only 4 days old and she drank 60ml.
I supplement with formula as my milk dun seem enuff for her right now.

anyone know what kind of pajamas or gown we need to bring to mount A hsp.. when delivery? kinda worried as I heard hsp don't provide...

anyone know what kind of pajamas or gown we need to bring to mount A hsp.. when delivery? kinda worried as I heard hsp don't provide...
I would suggest to buy nursing gowns as it is easier if u plan to breastfeed baby and easier when going to pee.. u can get frm Qoo10 which is cheaper.

They do provide but the back is kinda open, unless u stay in 1 bedded. I agree with Lynnie0803 get nursing dress with front open. Easy to go toilet change pad and pee and also easy to breastfeed. Bring at least 2 set of g
Nursing dress.
Also rem to bring ur bb mitten, swaddle and clothes. The nurse will help to change when discharge.

They dun provide proper pyjamas actually. If u dun mind, it's actually e gown worn during delivery. I wore dat when I had my boy coz e wound was bigger n it was easier to chk e wounds. But wif my gal, I wore my own nursing dress wif front open... The nurse changed me once I reached e ward coz I was wide awake...
They do provide but the back is kinda open, unless u stay in 1 bedded. I agree with Lynnie0803 get nursing dress with front open. Easy to go toilet change pad and pee and also easy to breastfeed. Bring at least 2 set of g
Nursing dress.
Also rem to bring ur bb mitten, swaddle and clothes. The nurse will help to change when discharge.

They dun provide proper pyjamas actually. If u dun mind, it's actually e gown worn during delivery. I wore dat when I had my boy coz e wound was bigger n it was easier to chk e wounds. But wif my gal, I wore my own nursing dress wif front open... The nurse changed me once I reached e ward coz I was wide awake...

Yes at mount a u have to change to gown when you admit at delivery suite. Then after delivered, nurse will helpnu change to ur own gown.

I see.. okie! thanks~

was thinking to choose natural delivery without epidural, but if... the pain is so unbearable and will like to top up epidural.. do u guys know how much? or I shld just get the package with epidural and don't use until needed...

Not sure if u can take e package den opt out later. Mite wan to call e hospital n chk which would b better for u. Depends on ur tolerance level to pain n long e labor is I guess. If baby head engaged oredi, got dilation & baby not v big, den may not take dat long. Both of my kids' heads were not engaged when I went for induction. Both started off wif 1.5cm dilation. Number 1 was 10 hrs n 2nd 9 hrs. Both managed to come out via natural delivery without epidural. Jia you!
I see.. okie! thanks~

was thinking to choose natural delivery without epidural, but if... the pain is so unbearable and will like to top up epidural.. do u guys know how much? or I shld just get the package with epidural and don't use until needed...

Hi mummies

Need advice on how to slim down ....I am currently 67 kg after 3 weeks of delivering ...
In term of slimming down, breast feed does not seem to work on me:(

I cannot take any cream or pills for the next 4 months since I am bf- ing ....

Argh...

Back