(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

blood test for HIV, hep B etc was taken during same time as OSCAR / Harmony test. drew blood then for the test at the same time. think total 5 tubes.

There should be a urine test that is done everytime you visit your gynae. you pee on the test strip to check sugar levels for diabetes.

Hi mummies, any did the blood test for Diabetes and HIV at 2nd trim? I am 18 weeks and my Gynae only did this blood test now, I am so confused, if anything wrong (tough wood) what shall we do at this stage? Logically it shall be done in very beginning right? Especially I have start to see him before pregnant.

In Singapore, all pregnant women will be tested for HIV unless you opt out specifically. harmony usually requires 2 tubes of blood to be drawn. the 3rd tube should have been for HIV, hep b and also includes other tests for blood count, STD, rubella etc. think usually gynae would have requested the blood to be drawn at the same time so you dont need to go separately for this blood test.

I opted for oscar + harmony and had 5 tubes drawn. i think the 5th tube was for the blood test.

have you gotten your harmony test report ? when your results are ready, gynae will usually go through the test report with you. if you opted for harmony test, the test reports should include harmony results and also the blood test results for HIV, STD, blood count (white blood, red blood, platelet count), rubella etc.

here is more info from MOH on pregnancy and HIV - http://www.hpb.gov.sg/HOPPortal/article?id=1416

:)

HIV test is compulsory? I hope not coz I passed out after 3 blood tubes drawn for harmony test!

@DesperateMummyWannabe

Found the course outline on TMC's website: http://www.thomsonmedical.com/childbirth-education-course-2/

You can compare and see if Mt A or TMC's is better

I forgot how much I paid for it last time. Too many years ago........ hehe... You can call TMC to check on the current pricing.

Previously price includes companion (ie. hubby). got some lessons they have hands on lessons to teach hubby how to massage for the mummy so remember to get your hubby to follow you for the lessons :D

Lesson 1

Physical
& Mental Preparation

Antenatal
Exercise

Nutrition
Before & After Delivery

Myths &
Traditions

Coping with
Pregnancy Discomfort

Back Care
& Postures

Instructional
Video

Q & A

Lesson 2

Pain Relief

Antenatal
Exercise

Physiological
Approach to Breathing Technique

Changes in
Pregnancy Leading to Signs & Symptoms of Labour

Other
Alternative Types of Pain Relief in Labour

Instructional
Video

Q & A

Lesson 3

Labour

Antenatal
Exercise

Physiological

Learning to
Cope in Labour

Mechanisms
of Normal Childbirth

Husband’s
Role

Instructional
Video

Q & A

Lesson 4

Practical
Hands-on

Baby Care

Hands-on
Child Care

General
Care

Skin Care

Diaper Care

Bathing

Coping with
a Fretting, Crying Baby

Coping with
a Sleepy or Wakeful Baby

Coping with
Colic

Instructional
Video

Q & A

Lesson 5

Feeding

Breastfeeding

Feeding of
Baby

Sterilization
of Feeding Equipment

Weaning
(introducing solid food)

Learning to
Enhance your Child’s Physical & Mental Development

Q & A

Lesson 6

(Doctor’s
Talk)*

Problems
associated with a Newborn

Process of
Labour

Living with
the In-laws

Transformation
of Couplehood to Parenthood

How to
Raise a Brighter Child

Dental Care
during Pregnancy

Antenatal
and Postnatal Health/Wellness by Thomson Chinese Medicine

exactly lor... thats why all the breathing techniques all gone from the brain at that point.. :D

i am not sure about Mt A's. I went for TMC's previously. probably you can compare the course outline and see which one you prefer.

lol when one is pushing who will go think about what was being taught . you'll be just pushing with all ur might . so if mt a is offering the classes at nearly $300, would you recommend?

actually like to find out if anyone already start to buy stuff for your bb already? i just started to do a needed list and good to have list . . . .
Do until confuse liao o_Oo_O

Can go Robinsons to get their list of items u need to get for a newborn baby. Den u decide wad u need from there. I think mothercare has such a list too. :)
actually like to find out if anyone already start to buy stuff for your bb already? i just started to do a needed list and good to have list . . . .
Do until confuse liao o_Oo_O

Hi mummies,

Anyone start to feel backache already? I woke up this morning with backache and mild cramps. Front and back now feel very uncomfortable. :confused:

@DesperateMummyWannabe

Found the course outline on TMC's website: http://www.thomsonmedical.com/childbirth-education-course-2/

You can compare and see if Mt A or TMC's is better

I forgot how much I paid for it last time. Too many years ago........ hehe... You can call TMC to check on the current pricing.

Previously price includes companion (ie. hubby). got some lessons they have hands on lessons to teach hubby how to massage for the mummy so remember to get your hubby to follow you for the lessons :D

Lesson 1

Physical
& Mental Preparation

Antenatal
Exercise

Nutrition
Before & After Delivery

Myths &
Traditions

Coping with
Pregnancy Discomfort

Back Care
& Postures

Instructional
Video

Q & A

Lesson 2

Pain Relief

Antenatal
Exercise

Physiological

Changes in
Pregnancy Leading to Signs & Symptoms of Labour

Other
Alternative Types of Pain Relief in Labour

Instructional
Video

Q & A

Lesson 3

Labour

Antenatal
Exercise

Physiological

Learning to
Cope in Labour

Mechanisms
of Normal Childbirth

Husband’s
Role

Instructional
Video

Q & A

Lesson 4

Practical
Hands-on

Baby Care

Hands-on
Child Care

General
Care

Skin Care

Diaper Care

Bathing

Coping with
a Fretting, Crying Baby

Coping with
a Sleepy or Wakeful Baby

Coping with
Colic

Instructional
Video

Q & A

Lesson 5

Feeding

Breastfeeding

Feeding of
Baby

Sterilization
of Feeding Equipment

Weaning
(introducing solid food)

Learning to
Enhance your Child’s Physical & Mental Development

Q & A

Lesson 6

(Doctor’s
Talk)*

Problems
associated with a Newborn

Process of
Labour

Living with
the In-laws

Transformation
of Couplehood to Parenthood

How to
Raise a Brighter Child

Dental Care
during Pregnancy

Antenatal
and Postnatal Health/Wellness by Thomson Chinese Medicine

wow !!! its a very detailed list !!! thank you so much for the info !!! :D:D

Most impt u muz b comfy wif him. Search his name online n chk for mummy reviews. We found our gynae thru online reviews. Nv searched for another one coz comfy wif him from 1st visit, so wif him again for number 2. For my boy, we only took e package close to 5 mths coz e pregnancy was not v stable so gynae. Dis time we took e package from 3 mths coz more stable even though vomit like hell
Searched already, good and bad. Haiz

Do you feel any mild cramps on and off? My mild cramps comes and goes every 2 weeks or so........ I have been telling myself that it's my bb growing and uterus is expanding...

ya ya i do feel cramp on off . and i realized my tummy will become bigger after the cramps. if ur cramps are very mild should not be an issue. but if u re worried, give ur gynae a visit .

ya ya i do feel cramp on off . and i realized my tummy will become bigger after the cramps. if ur cramps are very mild should not be an issue. but if u re worried, give ur gynae a visit .

Mine is on and off also.... and after the mild cramps, i feel normal.... Thanks for sharing..... i think my uterus is expanding for my girl...... I start to feel very mild "punching" feeling at different points of my tummy....

Mine is on and off also.... and after the mild cramps, i feel normal.... Thanks for sharing..... i think my uterus is expanding for my girl...... I start to feel very mild "punching" feeling at different points of my tummy....

so good ...i think i've yet to feel anything yet :( sometimes i don know what i felt is gas or my little one moving..

It is just what i think lah... maybe it's gas also... lol....

i have a fren who s a 2nd time mum . her daughter is already 7 years old. just last week i asked her how do you know if it's ur little moving or gas. She replied she also don know lol . her gynae asked her and she replied the same thing. think as long as our bb are growing well, we'll have to wait till they do their kung fu fighting when they're bigger

By the way, any mummies have any shopping list to share? I am first time mummy and it seems like there a tons of things to get and I am not sure if I should get it before or after birth.. lol....

Go wif ur gut feel lar... There were some bad reviews abt my gynae too but I'm v comfy wif him so juz went ahead. He was v gd wif stitching although i fainted from excessive bleeding coz had a big tear from pushing too hard. I recovered well after birth.
Searched already, good and bad. Haiz

Does any mummies know where can i get this kind of baby cot ??

Newborn-baby-Portable-Multifunctional-portable-cribs.jpg

My detailed scan also scheduled quite late.. 21 weeks.. cant wait.. another 1.5 weeks to see baby.. =)

My MIL interested to attend those courses which take care of babies one leh, i tried to google, can only find "antenatal courses for mothers", cannot find anything on "antenatal courses for grandmothers".. hahaha.. She volunteered to attend course and take care of BB when he's out.

Anybody knows anywhere organise courses for grannies?

My detailed scan also scheduled quite late.. 21 weeks.. cant wait.. another 1.5 weeks to see baby.. =)

My MIL interested to attend those courses which take care of babies one leh, i tried to google, can only find "antenatal courses for mothers", cannot find anything on "antenatal courses for grandmothers".. hahaha.. She volunteered to attend course and take care of BB when he's out.

Anybody knows anywhere organise courses for grannies?

Same here.... I have to wait for 1 month to see my little one again..... long long wait for me....

I think most courses are for mummy and daddy but it will be still applicable for your MIL right?? since she will be helping you to take care of BB. It's good that you have MIL's help. I don't know who will be helping me. Have not plan yet.

This is a playpen. Not exactly a baby cot.

You can check out Toys R us - Baby R us section, OG, takashimaya or robinsons. they do sell playpens (different brands) there.

last time i bought graco brand. its quite sturdy.

my fren has this for her 2 kids. its not a traditional cot but it can work 2 ways so am thinking of getting this kind.

Same here.... I have to wait for 1 month to see my little one again..... long long wait for me....

I think most courses are for mummy and daddy but it will be still applicable for your MIL right?? since she will be helping you to take care of BB. It's good that you have MIL's help. I don't know who will be helping me. Have not plan yet.

no monthly consultation with ur gynae in between ?

i bought both. bassinet has weight limit so after a while will have to remove and bb sleep inside when become heavier. my gal is a light sleeper so very hard to put her down all the way inside the playpen coz she tends to wake up while putting her in after she has fallen asleep. backache for me coz got to bend all the way in an awkward position to avoid waking her up.

i used the playpen for her when she was bigger, learning how to sit etc. just throw in lots of toys and she entertains herself and not scared that she will hurt herself :D
for sleeping purposes she still sleeps in cot / with me on the bed.

my fren has this for her 2 kids. its not a traditional cot but it can work 2 ways so am thinking of getting this kind.

Go wif ur gut feel lar... There were some bad reviews abt my gynae too but I'm v comfy wif him so juz went ahead. He was v gd wif stitching although i fainted from excessive bleeding coz had a big tear from pushing too hard. I recovered well after birth.
Yeah, everyone has good and bad, I think we worried too much, caused hard to chose. Maybe in the end change or not both have no difference.

Hi! Anyone engaging confinement nanny from PEM? If yes, did anyone take up their herbal package or massage package?

If u really can't decide, maybe go to another gynae den c if u r comfy wif him. No harm since u haven sign package
Yeah, everyone has good and bad, I think we worried too much, caused hard to chose. Maybe in the end change or not both have no difference.

In Singapore, all pregnant women will be tested for HIV unless you opt out specifically. harmony usually requires 2 tubes of blood to be drawn. the 3rd tube should have been for HIV, hep b and also includes other tests for blood count, STD, rubella etc. think usually gynae would have requested the blood to be drawn at the same time so you dont need to go separately for this blood test.

I opted for oscar + harmony and had 5 tubes drawn. i think the 5th tube was for the blood test.

have you gotten your harmony test report ? when your results are ready, gynae will usually go through the test report with you. if you opted for harmony test, the test reports should include harmony results and also the blood test results for HIV, STD, blood count (white blood, red blood, platelet count), rubella etc.

here is more info from MOH on pregnancy and HIV - http://www.hpb.gov.sg/HOPPortal/article?id=1416

I only seen report on T21, T18, T13 & gender. I hope no more blood taking! I really dreaded coz I know I sure passed out. :(

Back