(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Slightly better. Not as weak but got constipation issues liaoz. Boy enjoys laffing at me n mimicking me when I vomit. -.-" Now we juz looking forward to e future scans n hopefully my gynae wun b able to find a little bird. Heehee

Take drangonfruit. It's my daily night time fruit. My gynae said it works the best for constipation. Morning I'll take a kiwi. And drink tons of water

He oredi told us likely (70%) a gal, but cannot 100% guarantee coz gals harder to tell. Oredi got eat fruits. But prob coz of e iron pills, I react quite strongly dis time, though it was all ok during my 1st pregnancy. Only had signs of constipation in my last trimester. I stop taking e iron pill for a day if constipation set in den continue when I'm ok...
Eat more fruits. I am a apple person. Everyday must eat one green apple after meal. I thought guy is very easy to be identified than girl? My gynae also just confirm is a girl on my recent scan as is too hard to see for a girl. Easier to see for guy.

Can eat dragonfruit ar... I dunno if can eat so stopped.. Tot it's quite cooling n coz I only like e red one, later can't tell if it's bleeding or dragonfruit... Hee hee...
Take drangonfruit. It's my daily night time fruit. My gynae said it works the best for constipation. Morning I'll take a kiwi. And drink tons of water

Hi mummies, I have never vomited since I got pregnant and now I am going into 18th week and just puked out my breakfast 5hrs after I had eaten. Is this normal?

Today i experienced a sharp pain slightly below my left boob stomach area. It began after lunch when i went to shop a bit and felt it. It lasted for about 30mins and hub almost brought me to KK to check. I didnt run or rush after meal so can't think of what's the cause. Anyone had such experience?

Where is the ware house baby shop?

ImageUploadedByForum1436700173.302597.jpg

Today i experienced a sharp pain slightly below my left boob stomach area. It began after lunch when i went to shop a bit and felt it. It lasted for about 30mins and hub almost brought me to KK to check. I didnt run or rush after meal so can't think of what's the cause. Anyone had such experience?

It can be constipation or can be due to the cyst that is near your uterus. I have it also but is on the right. Then now gone off alrdy. Gynae says it will go off by itself.

Hi! JSnow, where did u buy your dream genii pregnancy pillow?
hello! so sorry, didnt see your msg till now. The expo was actually selling it for$77!!
I bought it at mothercare for $99. It is discounted from $159 (orig price). I tried it for the past 2 nights, i think y tummy is get big enough to use it! it was pretty comfy,i added a small pillow to give added back support and it was awesome

As for baby fair...it's crowded as usual. Didn't buy any thing cos it's our first baby and we really didn't know what to look out for. Not helped when there is an electronic fair, raya fair, isetan fair...so it's really packed. Wife was tired after some walking. Will be seeking from friends on to do list and to get list. Cheers everyone.

hello! Dont worry, there are more fairs coming up. I'm also expecting my first baby. Felt quite lost everytime i walk into a store. Then my friends advised me to get one of those newborn checklists - mothercare has one (just ask the staff),robinsons heeren baby dept has one too. There are some less essential stuff on the list (cause they want us to buy more!!) but it is a good way to get started.. u can use it as a rough guide and scale down from there. hope that helps

hello! so sorry, didnt see your msg till now. The expo was actually selling it for$77!!
I bought it at mothercare for $99. It is discounted from $159 (orig price). I tried it for the past 2 nights, i think y tummy is get big enough to use it! it was pretty comfy,i added a small pillow to give added back support and it was awesome

hi hi does the pillow help relief pressure from shoulder? i ve been trying to sleep on my left bt resulted in my frozen shoulder problem coming bck

hi hi does the pillow help relief pressure from shoulder? i ve been trying to sleep on my left bt resulted in my frozen shoulder problem coming bck

hello, sorry to hear abt your frozen shoulder problem. i dont think it does though... the pillow only supports the lower half of the body http://www.dreamgenii.com/ , i dont feel that there is much support for the shoulder :(

any mummies having difficulties sleeping at night?? read online and they say its best to sleep on my left side... have been doing it and now my left side aches whenever i sleep in that position for too long....

I read so too! best to sleep on left side.. but yes, it aches if sleep too long in that position. I still tend on back, it feels most comfy.. maybe coz in my 17 wks plus, i hvnt feel much weight exerted on the back yet.. tho my mind keeps reminding myself.. dont sleep on back.. so i only slept in that position awhile and turns again..

I became a light sleeper too, wakes up very easily.. dream alot as well.. its like when a dream is done, i will awake and fall asleep with another... like what @LCL26 26 mentioned, movie player, one after another... till morning.

I read so too! best to sleep on left side.. but yes, it aches if sleep too long in that position. I still tend on back, it feels most comfy.. maybe coz in my 17 wks plus, i hvnt feel much weight exerted on the back yet.. tho my mind keeps reminding myself.. dont sleep on back.. so i only slept in that position awhile and turns again..

I became a light sleeper too, wakes up very easily.. dream alot as well.. its like when a dream is done, i will awake and fall asleep with another... like what @LCL26 26 mentioned, movie player, one after another... till morning.

sad isn't it :( my mil said she doesn't have this issue when she was pregnant. Said she slept very well every night sob sob think because we're very conscious of our sleeping position thats why we become light sleepers.

you might want to check with your HR first if you are able to apply for HL leave from your company if you were not hospitalised. previously my gynae gave HL leave for bleeding but HR said only if stay physically in hospital then can utilise the HL entitlement.

Hi the HL leave can ask for now or need to prior to the edd date then can ask?

you might want to check with your HR first if you are able to apply for HL leave from your company if you were not hospitalised. previously my gynae gave HL leave for bleeding but HR said only if stay physically in hospital then can utilise the HL entitlement.

i think most companies operate like this.

the swaddling techniques and bathing part is useful for first time mums. breathing techniques i dont remember using them.... when its time to push, just push already... :D

lol when one is pushing who will go think about what was being taught . you'll be just pushing with all ur might . so if mt a is offering the classes at nearly $300, would you recommend?

exactly lor... thats why all the breathing techniques all gone from the brain at that point.. :D

i am not sure about Mt A's. I went for TMC's previously. probably you can compare the course outline and see which one you prefer.

lol when one is pushing who will go think about what was being taught . you'll be just pushing with all ur might . so if mt a is offering the classes at nearly $300, would you recommend?

some random questions. can we eat sweets??? i've been wondering if it's ok for us to eat ... sometimes mouth has some weird taste ..

Can eat sweet but moderation... high sugar intake is not good for mummy and baby..... I have weird after taste whenever I finish my lunch or dinner.... and I have to take some mints to get rid of the taste.... .

Hi mummies, any did the blood test for Diabetes and HIV at 2nd trim? I am 18 weeks and my Gynae only did this blood test now, I am so confused, if anything wrong (tough wood) what shall we do at this stage? Logically it shall be done in very beginning right? Especially I have start to see him before pregnant.

Hi mummies, any did the blood test for Diabetes and HIV at 2nd trim? I am 18 weeks and my Gynae only did this blood test now, I am so confused, if anything wrong (tough wood) what shall we do at this stage? Logically it shall be done in very beginning right? Especially I have start to see him before pregnant.

my test was only done at start of 2nd tri. most of the time after you've done your OSCAR or harmony test.

Thank you DesperateMummy, known I am not the only is really a relieve, was kept thinking why my Gynae make this mistake.

no worries :) i think diff gynae works differently. my fren was offered the package at her 3rd month visit. Mine will only offer when i hit the 5th month.. i was wondering how come he never offer me and i called the clinic to ask, thinking he might have forgotten :confused: .But clinic assist said he will only offer at 5th month... so...

I did this blood test together with Harmony test. My gynae said it is compulsory blood test, not like Harmony test whereby it is optional.

no worries :) i think diff gynae works differently. my fren was offered the package at her 3rd month visit. Mine will only offer when i hit the 5th month.. i was wondering how come he never offer me and i called the clinic to ask, thinking he might have forgotten :confused: .But clinic assist said he will only offer at 5th month... so...
Mine was offered me package after my 1st trim, and the price is quite reasonable, but I have so many doubting points , until now I am still not signing it with him. Haiz, now understand he is not an anyhow one maybe will sign it next time : )

Mine was offered me package after my 1st trim, and the price is quite reasonable, but I have so many doubting points , until now I am still not signing it with him. Haiz, now understand he is not an anyhow one maybe will sign it next time : )

how did you get to know your gynae ? Most importantly is you and ur hubby must be comfortable with him and his service.

I did this blood test together with Harmony test. My gynae said it is compulsory blood test, not like Harmony test whereby it is optional.
Woh, I remember my Harmony test they draw 2 big tubes blood, and this time they draw 4-5 small tubes ( I dare now to look, that is according to my hubby) so how many blood they took away from you in one time?

I did only did the HIV, Hep B and other blood test at week 17. I was asked to do the same blood test when I first went to polyclinic for referral and I got to say that is the worst blood test ever. To make matter worst, I check with the gynae to see if the result was sent to them. He say results from polyclinic won't send over to them de. I nearly faint on the spot lor! 2 needles and 1 bruise for nothing!!!! (though i was not charge for it at all which i nv understand why)

In case you are interested to know how bad my experience was... Some people may not be able to take it, hence the spoiler...

The nurse actually poke into my hand, as usual. But when the blood didn't flow, she actually pushed the needle deeper, so deep till i nearly cried la! Imagine the pain then. End up, she has to poke my other hand. If i remember correctly, thanks to that push, I got a bruise.

how did you get to know your gynae ? Most importantly is you and ur hubby must be comfortable with him and his service.
friend introduced, the Gynae is not so bad, just he is a little bit old (I guess around 70s), we worried if c-sect needed will his hand stable. Haiz
Seems a bittle bit picky hoh

Last edited:
I did only did the HIV, Hep B and other blood test at week 17. I was asked to do the same blood test when I first went to polyclinic for referral and I got to say that is the worst blood test ever. To make matter worst, I check with the gynae to see if the result was sent to them. He say results from polyclinic won't send over to them de. I nearly faint on the spot lor! 2 needles and 1 bruise for nothing!!!! (though i was not charge for it at all which i nv understand why)

In case you are interested to know how bad my experience was... Some people may not be able to take it, hence the spoiler...

The nurse actually poke into my hand, as usual. But when the blood didn't flow, she actually pushed the needle deeper, so deep till i nearly cried la! Imagine the pain then. End up, she has to poke my other hand. If i remember correctly, thanks to that push, I got a bruise.
Yeah, sometimes feel like we are their lab rat.

Most impt u muz b comfy wif him. Search his name online n chk for mummy reviews. We found our gynae thru online reviews. Nv searched for another one coz comfy wif him from 1st visit, so wif him again for number 2. For my boy, we only took e package close to 5 mths coz e pregnancy was not v stable so gynae. Dis time we took e package from 3 mths coz more stable even though vomit like hell
friend introduced, the Gynae is not so bad, just he is a little bit old (I guess around 70s), we worried if c-sect needed will his hand stable. Haiz
Seems a bittle bit picky hoh

Seems a bittle bit picky hoh[/QUOTE of

Wow that's kinda old. But as they say, it comes with experience. No worries la. All these surgeons will take good care of their hands. Cause those are their tools for living.

Back