Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

My hub no cravings neither do I. The only thing I had vy often is Tom yum soup beehoon. Almost every bi weekly. Funny thing is when I m preggy I can sit down at cafe myself enjoy lunch alone no matter how busy life ard me.
Snow, I aso no idea why takes so long to finish 1 tube.wherelse body lotion n Showergel I finish 1 bottle each in 5 mths.

My hub no cravings neither do I. The only thing I had vy often is Tom yum soup beehoon. Almost every bi weekly. Funny thing is when I m preggy I can sit down at cafe myself enjoy lunch alone no matter how busy life ard me.
Snow, I aso no idea why takes so long to finish 1 tube.wherelse body lotion n Showergel I finish 1 bottle each in 5 mths.

Lol u apply abit at the butt when u shower U use a lot huh. That's why u can finish the shower gel so fast. My burt bees I use for close to 6 mths only use half bottle. End up pass to my frien to use coz my boy only can use qv bath oil n wash

i've got a question.. although my heart feels like the ans is no, but i still itchy mus ask.. heheheheheh

can drink bubble tea wif pearl or not?
i've been dying to have one since the week 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi mummies,

Just an update that i delivered on 8 May'15. Try for normal delivery and end up with emergency c-sect. Dr induce me due to low amniotic fluid. After inducing and dilated 3cm baby heartbeat was not stable and also baby pup inside. Immediately after that they send my baby to special care and thanks God baby doing well
. For mummies that waiting for delivery jia you.

i've got a question.. although my heart feels like the ans is no, but i still itchy mus ask.. heheheheheh

Hehe, saw this thread that you may wish to take a look for some advice: http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f36/can-drink-bubble-tea-during-pregnancy-60290/
A boring time for food, but got to endure. I am always craving for laksa, satay beehoon but just got to do without it...arghh...

Hehe, saw this thread that you may wish to take a look for some advice: http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f36/can-drink-bubble-tea-during-pregnancy-60290/
A boring time for food, but got to endure. I am always craving for laksa, satay beehoon but just got to do without it...arghh...

I need to rant as I dunno where else to rant. Facebook has too many eyes & mouth. Oops ;)

When I was coming in to work this particular parent who has been observing me last few weeks decided to open her idiotic mouth to ask me about my pregnancy. After sharing yes it's my first time & how many months....she decided to make the most stupidest comment tht anyone can make to a pregnant woman: "Oh, you are working in an office so not so bad la. Not tiring one. Last time I worked in restaurant, was more tiring."

Firstly, EVERY single pregnant woman, whether conceived in whichever manner would be TIRED, no matter what job she holds.

Secondly, does she think I'm sitting on my laurels all day? I'm so busy walking around my entire centre being a "policewoman" & supervising & managing.

Thirdly, running a childcare in this day & age with idiotic ppl like herself as my customers is no walk in the park!

Argh. So angry....and my hormones don't allow me to tolerate nonsensical ppl nowadays....:oops:

Its already tough to be working when you are expecting. Respect! All the discomfort to bear, without the comfort of home. So, you are already doing very well and deserve a big pat on the back. Don't bother yourself with those people who don't understand. Many people are ignorant of the agony and stress to bear with IVF pregnancy.

Hi mummies,

Just an update that i delivered on 8 May'15. Try for normal delivery and end up with emergency c-sect. Dr induce me due to low amniotic fluid. After inducing and dilated 3cm baby heartbeat was not stable and also baby pup inside. Immediately after that they send my baby to special care and thanks God baby doing well
congrats. are u given birth at KK? Do share with us the bill size if u dun mind.

Last edited:
Dear ladies, any remedy to recommend for relieving constipation? I am taking an apple a day right now, and a few prunes, but doesn't help. I get diarrhoea when I drink packet apple juice, and also warm oat drink.

Hi mummies,

Hi Vinka, congrats. Did you have to use epidural/painkiller?

Dear ladies, any remedy to recommend for relieving constipation? I am taking an apple a day right now, and a few prunes, but doesn't help. I get diarrhoea when I drink packet apple juice, and also warm oat drink.

omg i get constipated and gas too!
i shove alot of vege..lunch n dinner muz eat..

otherwise is prune juice mix abit water. if still cannot, tell ur gynae. he will prescribe u with a liquid medication that will help u clear ur bowels within 2 hrs.
i had tat the first round. after tat, i try to eat alot of vege. if not jin cham.

Hi mummies,

Congrats!!! Most impt is mummy n baby are doing well.. All birth plans are not impt!

Hahaha.. Me too! Esp when it's so hot! I m drinking but not the tea. I m drinking Logan honey and pearls I only take maybe 1/3 of it? I think I will be so screwed for my next gynae visit but I can't stop the craving..

i make it a habit to drink 1 bottle of warm water the moment i wake up followed by 1 cup of oatmeal mixed with 1 teaspoon of chia seeds every morning and 1 apple and kiwi daily. I read online that preg need to drink at least 3 litres water everyday and have been doing so after BFP. have been moving my bowels regularly. Sometimes 3 times!

Hahaha.. Me too! Esp when it's so hot! I m drinking but not the tea. I m drinking Logan honey and pearls I only take maybe 1/3 of it? I think I will be so screwed for my next gynae visit but I can't stop the craving..

longan honey? NICE! later i shall cave to my craves... just once.. :p

Hi mummies,

Lol same like me, I also induce n end up emergency csect failure of dilation at 4cm. Bb heartbeat up n down so doc suggest is csect haiz I pray I can go for vbac next round

Oh oops! I managed to curb my craving but last week too hot so I bought my usual chocolate snow shake from each-a-cup with pearls. Of Curz was busy coughing after tht! Heh. One time give in Curz craving hehe

Thx for ur words of comfort babes! Yea loh I decided to ignore her stupid statements because low tolerance level now already. Work is enough to suffocate.
I've a senior teacher & a dedicated team @Lambi and they do assist me. But ah.....u know la the company I work for. It has it's good benefits etc but with the crazy demands from ministry nowadays the company also imposes huge demands. I clear 10 deadlines, I'll have another 10 waiting in my inbox tht same day lor.

Thx for ur words of comfort babes! Yea loh I decided to ignore her stupid statements because low tolerance level now already. Work is enough to suffocate.
I've a senior teacher & a dedicated team @Lambi and they do assist me. But ah.....u know la the company I work for. It has it's good benefits etc but with the crazy demands from ministry nowadays the company also imposes huge demands. I clear 10 deadlines, I'll have another 10 waiting in my inbox tht same day lor.
Totally understand. Don't really like it when ppl talk crap too. Just have to take it in ur stride lor ;)

Lol same like me, I also induce n end up emergency csect failure of dilation at 4cm. Bb heartbeat up n down so doc suggest is csect haiz I pray I can go for vbac next round
Is it that induction usually ends in c sect?
Will Tan HH ask me to induce? I want to wait til 40 weeks if possible lei...

@Vinka congrats babe!!

@Vinka congrats babe!!

Not true.. I waited till 39 wks 4 days. Keep getting Braxton hicks n only dilated 1 cm. but so sick of running to SGH every other day. So begged dr Yu to let me check in to wait for dilation. End up no need induce but still e csect Cux bb hand moved n was blocking the head. And aft trying to push her hand away twice, the hand still bounced back. So e csect eventually

@Vinka congrats babe!!

I was at week 39 n no sights of contraction, n doc tan ask mi to induce. I wanted to wait but my hub kan Chiong want to see bb. Doc tan n my hub perception is we tried so hard to conceive n he want us to have bb in our arms n happily go home. That's why induce. N I got another frien who induce also end up csect haha...

hers was $14k....trying to compare will the bill go higher again...also to convince myself go straight for c-sect instead of try for natural....

Why straight for csect? Unless ur bb is in breech position? If not can go for natural if possible

dun know leh...very scare to go natural cos usually my strenght is not strong...wori what if i can't push he/her out, that will be dangerous.

I found that eating red dragon fruit works for me + yakult/water/prune juice/veggies

omg i get constipated and gas too
i shove alot of vege..lunch n dinner muz eat..

otherwise is prune juice mix abit water. if still cannot, tell ur gynae. he will prescribe u with a liquid medication that will help u clear ur bowels within 2 hrs.
i had tat the first round. after tat, i try to eat alot of vege. if not jin cham.

Ya lor, really very cham. I even had blood in stools, give me an initial scare! I shall try to increase the amount of vege. I am on warm water parade now. Shall highlight to Dr again in a week's time, if the problem persists. Thank you for empathizing.

i make it a habit to drink 1 bottle of warm water the moment i wake up followed by 1 cup of oatmeal mixed with 1 teaspoon of chia seeds every morning and 1 apple and kiwi daily. I read online that preg need to drink at least 3 litres water everyday and have been doing so after BFP. have been moving my bowels regularly. Sometimes 3 times!

Wow! That's really good. I hadn't been drinking water much and having difficulty just meeting 2 litres/day. I was very bloated and felt like puking when I drank water. Now I realised warm water is really good. I shall increase my fruit intake to 2 too. Thanks for sharing.

dun know leh...very scare to go natural cos usually my strenght is not strong...wori what if i can't push he/her out, that will be dangerous.

lol I got frien whose sil fall asleep when pushing halfway then after that wake up n continue to push haha

IMHO, nothing wrong with opting for c sect I/o natural. In fact an elective c sect will b so much calmer n smoother than e csect. In my case when we had to do ecsect, they didn't had time to prepare hubby so I was alone, vomiting and shivering ( effects from epi) while gynae was doing the op. I didn't even have the standard delivery pics like her first weight the clock etc for memories. So if u decide on csect go for it!

Most of my friends went for csect because there is more predictability and that helps to calm the mummy in the process of waiting. Though the recovery time will be longer. Also, note not to have massage until 1 month later, after giving birth.

Dear ladies, can I know when did you start to have stable weight gain? I have lost over 2 kg steadily and hadn't gained back anything since. My Dr has been relaxed about it and shared with me that his patient can lose 7 kg and still give birth to 3 kg bb. Those things that I read on Baby Centre mentioned that weight gain is significant indicator of the growth of bb. Thus, a little worrisome.

Dear ladies, can I know when did you start to have stable weight gain? I have lost over 2 kg steadily and hadn't gained back anything since. My Dr has been relaxed about it and shared with me that his patient can lose 7 kg and still give birth to 3 kg bb. Those things that I read on Baby Centre mentioned that weight gain is significant indicator of the growth of bb. Thus, a little worrisome.
I think weight gain in 2nd tri tends to be more, unless u still having MS then.
But it is true ur baby can still survive well even with no weight gain. The baby is designed to absorb ur nutrients...

Back