Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Lol go get urself a air fryer when Ur bb is out I think air fryer can do many things for u haha
Is it cheaper to get frm vpost? The currency rate for US seems high leh
im very tempted hehe but a tad bulky dunno where to put..hv to find space first. ;)im not sure leh cos my first time getting from there..

im very tempted hehe but a tad bulky dunno where to put..hv to find space first. ;)im not sure leh cos my first time getting from there..

Haha u should get... Next time u can bake ur own teething biscuit or bread or ur lo to munch. Healthier some more haha

I have been having phelgm for quite a while as well. You might want to consider to purchase those Yuzu Citron Tea (in bottle), mix with hot water and drink it in the morning..Try to reduce sweet stuff as well. Sometimes, I will try to vomit those phelgm out as well especially in the night time.

Been watching US and Korea dramas over the past few days.. Been watching vampire and detective kinda stories most of the time... hahaha, just wanna feel excited and thrilled.. em.. best not to follow. haha.. Will try to watch cartoons or shows with comedy storylines.

Hi, me too! Watching detective dramas...especially csi! Also wondering if I should stop but I love these shows! How....

Dear ladies, I am wondering how do you keep your spirits up, while going through nauseating cycle every day? I feel very exhausted by 5pm each day and sometimes quite lousy for not accomplished much. Running to the loo for diarrhoea, feeling nauseous all the time, and phelgmy take up my entire morning till noon. I have varied my breakfast and eating, simply bread and a drink. Feeling zonked...

I think of it as something I asked for. So will try not to think abt the "suffering". I had bad MS during initial stage when I was carrying the twins. But I kept my mind on work n resting

my way of keeping spirits high is sleep... grab as much rest as i can at night..
and watch youtube videos! i find it very heartwarming to watch "the return of the superman- triplets".. korean dad wif triplets..

did u see ur GP for ur phlegm problem? mayb heaty?
Tired rainbow,
I just log in n read abt ur case..n guess wat we have the same fertility dr , Roland Chieng .(hope I didn't read wrongly :))
Ok I have the same case as urs. Did my Oscar test n results is consider low risk when he spoke to me over the phone but still wants to meet us face to face explain further. N Roland said due to my age 37/38 when I was pregnant last year, my ratio was adjusted to 1:300 consider borderline . Me n dh ask him then y u say low risk n yet borderline. He gave us 3 options a. Ignore the ratio n move on b. Go for harmony test c. Do amino test. Cos at tat time I just lost one twin n still spotting on n off for weeks, cfm we won't go for amino test cos there's a risk of miscarriage. After much consideration we decided to go for harmony test. N yes the results will take 3-4 weeks to b back. It wasn't easy. Every night I google internet read up whatever possibilities there are. I agree it's a torture but both me n dh didn't talk abt it but so worried in our heart. My gf even warn me wat if the results back is high risk wat will I do. Abort or kp bb. I drown myself into work n dun even dare to shop for bb stuffs.
Finally I see Roland on wk18 n I tell myself i dun receive call early I assume no bad news. N thank god, the best news from him tat it's low risk n we having a gal.
I know it's tough but keep tiking our ivf bb is a fighter which my dh kp telling me daily she is our angel n fighter.
Now my little angel is coming 6 mths old in a week..
Cheer up babe...trust Roland though sometimes I hate him being naggy n straightforward but at least I know he is not out to earn my $ but aso concern n prepare us for the worst..

Tired rainbow,
I just log in n read abt ur case..n guess wat we have the same fertility dr , Roland Chieng .(hope I didn't read wrongly :))
Ok I have the same case as urs. Did my Oscar test n results is consider low risk when he spoke to me over the phone but still wants to meet us face to face explain further. N Roland said due to my age 37/38 when I was pregnant last year, my ratio was adjusted to 1:300 consider borderline . Me n dh ask him then y u say low risk n yet borderline. He gave us 3 options a. Ignore the ratio n move on b. Go for harmony test c. Do amino test. Cos at tat time I just lost one twin n still spotting on n off for weeks, cfm we won't go for amino test cos there's a risk of miscarriage. After much consideration we decided to go for harmony test. N yes the results will take 3-4 weeks to b back. It wasn't easy. Every night I google internet read up whatever possibilities there are. I agree it's a torture but both me n dh didn't talk abt it but so worried in our heart. My gf even warn me wat if the results back is high risk wat will I do. Abort or kp bb. I drown myself into work n dun even dare to shop for bb stuffs.
Finally I see Roland on wk18 n I tell myself i dun receive call early I assume no bad news. N thank god, the best news from him tat it's low risk n we having a gal.
I know it's tough but keep tiking our ivf bb is a fighter which my dh kp telling me daily she is our angel n fighter.
Now my little angel is coming 6 mths old in a week..
Cheer up babe...trust Roland though sometimes I hate him being naggy n straightforward but at least I know he is not out to earn my $ but aso concern n prepare us for the worst..

Hi there!!!! thank you for the reassurance!
after thinking about it, i'm sure dr.roland also wans the best for us.. i kw he has been trying very hard too..
and yeah! i'm dying to buy baby stuff too.. HAHA!

my hubby oso said we have come this far and the bb is a fighter so i need to have faith as well..
i'll bear that in mind. no news means good news!
and i hope if they do call, is just to inform me about the gender. AHAHA!!

anyways, thank you so much for updating! I really feel very much as ease now.. :D

it's true that we should try not to sleep on our back as it slow down blood flow to baby but ideally sleep on sides? at this stage, sleeping on back still more comfortable...

Supposed to be left side but just sleep whichever is most comfy for you as sleeping is more important than worrying about it :) as long as dont sleep on your tummy.

Supposed to be left side but just sleep whichever is most comfy for you as sleeping is more important than worrying about it :) as long as dont sleep on your tummy.
I bought this dreamgenii preg cum breastfeeding support pillow from Mothercare. Abt $150.
The pillow shape forces u to zz on left side which it claims to b best zz position for mum & baby. It also has a back pillow extension to support your back & prevent u (or baby next time) from rolling over :)

Hi, me too! Watching detective dramas...especially csi! Also wondering if I should stop but I love these shows! How....

Just continued until the series finished! Wahaha. Completed watched "blood" a korea drama which is about vampires... Now on vampire diaries.. Oops! Had finished watching Sherlock Holmes which is a all time favorite for my hubby and me. CSI is on my waiting list....

Hope everything is well for you! @MissyV11.

As long as you are eating, and your body feels ok, then it is good. When I try to eat beyond my limits, my nauseating feeling gets worse. So, I just take lesser than before, and wait a while for signal if can take more.
@Chubby1314 I plan to give birth @ TMC, follow my gynae.

Now I'm staying at in laws house, so I dun think I can tahan quit working to stay 24 hrs at home... if it's my own house, then might consider.
But I dun really care abt career progression & salary, so I just stay in this company which is very near home. Just wanna focus on giving birth & raising my children first :)
i had pcos, endometrosis and a block tube.
but i did surgery to remove cyst, clear the clots and the block tube.

after that i was told to try for a baby normally with the aid of clomid. after one year, still no baby.
my gynae then suggest that i head for IVF straight.

what about yourself? have you seen a gynae and spoke to them about your concerns?
hi mummies,
just wana share if anyone interested to apply for NDP tickets, registration is open today:

https://ticketing.ndp.org.sg/index.php
not sure if 批琶膏 ok ?
I have been having phelgm for quite a while as well. You might want to consider to purchase those Yuzu Citron Tea (in bottle), mix with hot water and drink it in the morning..Try to reduce sweet stuff as well. Sometimes, I will try to vomit those phelgm out as well especially in the night time.

Been watching US and Korea dramas over the past few days.. Been watching vampire and detective kinda stories most of the time... hahaha, just wanna feel excited and thrilled.. em.. best not to follow. haha.. Will try to watch cartoons or shows with comedy storylines.
I was having fever and cough since sat..so went to see my gynea on the same day..He gv me panadol. .cough serum and anti biotech also...All safe for pregnant. ..and today feel much better..think tmr can go back to work liao

experienced mums...is it a must to hv diaper /nipple creams/nipple shield? what do u recommend for

1) diaper cream?
2) nipple cream?
3) nipple shield?

experienced mums...is it a must to hv diaper /nipple creams/nipple shield? what do u recommend for

1) diaper cream?
2) nipple cream?
3) nipple shield?

Diaper cream yes, unless u giving ur bb wear those cloth diaper. A lot of bb kana nappy rash to is best to get diaper cream.
Nipple cream up to u, bcoz if wrong latching will due to sore nipple especially for first time mummy like us. Otherwise u can squeeze out ur own milk to apply n leave it to air dry
Nipple shield is up to individual de. Not necessarily to get. Muz wait till ur bb is out then u will know need to get anot. Is more for latching got problem then can consider get

Bepathen. Cheap and good and available at pharmacy. Can use for all skin, diaper area, nipple area. My friend used it on her newborn for his face excema.

If newborn in disposable diapers I think generally hvg some diaper cream creates a barrier so that whatever left over pee doesn't irritate the skin.

I latched 100% with #1 as too lazy to pump (had long ML) and didn't need the nipple cream nor shield - although I bought lah since first time mama just buy whatever other ppl said hahaha..

If you pump, my toughts are dont bother w the nipple shield as you can use a double. Pump to collect any milk from thenother breast or usually will pump bother together.

Thanks Chubby for sharing. I was tempted to try Yuzu Citron Tea and was hesitant because wasn't sure if the honey used was pasteurized. I hadn't been watching much shows. Somehow, getting backache more often if I sit down. So I end up walking around, to facilitate burping.

thanks @ron8129 ! I just googled and they hv on their webpage a click on free sample and I just requested for 1 to try hehe..seems good they dun hv fragrances/preservatives nor antiseptics..just what my hb likes:p

Thanks Chubby for sharing. I was tempted to try Yuzu Citron Tea and was hesitant because wasn't sure if the honey used was pasteurized. I hadn't been watching much shows. Somehow, getting backache more often if I sit down. So I end up walking around, to facilitate burping.

You are welcome. i have been walking around too to help me in bloating... hmmmm, has been farting more than usual as well.. hahaha.

Dear ladies, has anyone tried AusPro Colostrum Milk Powder? My mum has been urging me to take this product as it doesn't have the smelly taste of some milk powder, and since I have not been eating well. https://www.pharmacy.nhg.com.sg/productCatalogue/productDetails.aspx?productid=74

Let me know if it is good, taste wise. I tried to purchase goat milk from hay dairies.. apparently, they do not deliver around my area. Will try to make an effort to go down to one of their retailers and see if I can get one.

Dear ladies, can someone share with me the cost of doing Harmony Test?

I have not go for Harmony Test yet.. but i remember the nurse told me is around S$1000+. Hope it helps.

1) diaper cream?
2) nipple cream?
3) nipple shield?

1) same as ron. Strong supporter for bethapen. I have a friend who goes back KL frequently n will help buy back fresh supply for me..

2) I m at exclusive pumper and for the initial 1-2 mths I can be pumping once every 2.5 hours at level 9 on my beloved medela freestyle. And the medela nipple cream was my best friend!

3) nipple shield, what's that? =p

Bepathen. Cheap and good and available at pharmacy. Can use for all skin, diaper area, nipple area. My friend used it on her newborn for his face excema.

If newborn in disposable diapers I think generally hvg some diaper cream creates a barrier so that whatever left over pee doesn't irritate the skin.

I latched 100% with #1 as too lazy to pump (had long ML) and didn't need the nipple cream nor shield - although I bought lah since first time mama just buy whatever other ppl said hahaha..

If you pump, my toughts are dont bother w the nipple shield as you can use a double. Pump to collect any milk from thenother breast or usually will pump bother together.

Not all babies can use bepathen. For mi I'm lucky my boy can use all type of diaper cream.

diaper cream even when newborn? will their skin react to the cream? what brand?

U can try drapolean, if not will be bepathen. For more better is destin.
For my case, I use puréen when my boy Is newborn, then switch to drapolean then bepathen n so far so good.

hmm..in this case better wait for the sample 1st then see...I also didn buy bb shower gel yet..all samples so far given thru goodie bags..

hmm..in this case better wait for the sample 1st then see...I also didn buy bb shower gel yet..all samples so far given thru goodie bags..

In your case no pt stock up since you going back aft a few mths? And the stuff in sing may not be available in your city. So just get the minimum and when u go back u got to try diff brands and see what works for them..

In your case no pt stock up since you going back aft a few mths? And the stuff in sing may not be available in your city. So just get the minimum and when u go back u got to try diff brands and see what works for them..
yup that was what I tot so too:)

I got sample hoodie but I didn use the shower gel, my sil bought the burts bee tear free for me. So have been using that until my boy was diagnose with mild eczema and only can use Qv shower so has return the rest of the bottle to my sil. N those sample pack I pass it to my frien haha

Hello everyone! Wah few days I never log in, got 100 over replies. Hehe. Glad everyone is doing fine one way or the other.

@Lambi I saw one post by you about another thread about twins. Can share the link? I need to gather more info & also want to ask qns...haha. I can't ask any of my friends because no one got twins. Den the few parents in my centre with twins, hard to catch them to chat also. I feel lost on most days.

Anyway I read so many posts, now forgot who post what. But main thing is I'm having phlegmatic cough too! Sigh. Sometimes can cough until I worry I did Smthg to myself. One time cough until womb muscles all painful den rushed to see doctor. He said is muscle pull. Ai so much drama with my cough. I don't dare take any medications & the GP said im fine just by listening to my lungs.
So sickening.........if I'm fine den why am I coughing like old woman everyday?!

So anyone found any good & safe remedy for phlegmatic cough yet?

Idazahs, u are welcome to join us at mommies to be 2015(expecting twins) thread. Though we might not as active as the thread here but hope we can share during our journey with having twins.

Hello everyone! Wah few days I never log in, got 100 over replies. Hehe. Glad everyone is doing fine one way or the other.

@Lambi I saw one post by you about another thread about twins. Can share the link? I need to gather more info & also want to ask qns...haha. I can't ask any of my friends because no one got twins. Den the few parents in my centre with twins, hard to catch them to chat also. I feel lost on most days.
you mean here? http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/mommies-to-be-2015-expecting-twins.134155/page-10

You are welcome. i have been walking around too to help me in bloating... hmmmm, has been farting more than usual as well.. hahaha.

Let me know if it is good, taste wise. I tried to purchase goat milk from hay dairies.. apparently, they do not deliver around my area. Will try to make an effort to go down to one of their retailers and see if I can get one.

I have not go for Harmony Test yet.. but i remember the nurse told me is around S$1000+. Hope it helps.

Hahaha, same here. So I am always very wary when I am out, and tell bb to cooperate :)
Will let you know when I manage to try it. Went NTUC, guardian and unity, but couldn't find it. Looks like have to get from polyclinic pharmacy.
I am very scared of goat milk smell but its benefits seem better than cow milk.
Thanks for sharing the cost. Wow, it is quite a hefty amount.

I m using mustela barrier cream (diaper cream) for my gal. Made a mistake stk up 12 tubes before I delivered then worry dun suits her. Luckily she ok w it. Cos I heard desitin has steroid so better dun use for gal. Then I went crazy stk up at baby fair last August.. Hahaa u know when u go shopping w a group of mummies u tend to buy more things .. Hahaa

Back