(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Guess I'm the only one delivering at Mount E Orchard? ;)

I went to pre-register last weekend already, super kiasu coz I'm at 28 weeks n supposed to do it by week 35. But since I was there for prenatal classes, might as we do it!

Also learnt from the class that Mount E offers "walking epidural" - which means no need for catheter to be inserted. I definitely will opt for this and hopefully my baby gets in the right position!!

Went to taka baby fair yesterday n bought most of my stuff plus got 6% rebate by using DBS card, not bad at all - can use the vouchers to buy more baby stuff! Lol :p
my hubby was asking me if it's my nesting period now...:D
is Taka baby fair still on??

Hi MTBs,
Are you looking for Day CN to help out for ur MAY bb and not wanting a stranger in ur home during the night ??
Maybe I can help but only if your bb' not due pass 15th May ; reason being , I have a bb due late June...I'll be on standby 1 week b4 due date In case bb decides to see the world sooner .
My hours are 9am -6pm.
I'm a Singaporean so there's no need for work permit / visa .
Do Send me an email ... [email protected]
Congrats to all MTBs .. Wishing you all speedy and safe deliveries .

the post below is fm one of my clients

I can recommend a fantastic confinement Nanny, she is Singaporean so did not need an work permit or Visa to work here. I had searched for a CN for months hoping to find a good recommendation but found that communication was a problem with many of the tradition CN as my husband and I only speak English. the other issue we found with the CN from Malaysia were that they had to live in and we also wanted some personal time together. Then we found Nanny Su - she was just what we were looking for. Someone to help us to know what we were doing when we first got home with the baby, plus to cook the confinement meals for me. She was open minded, a fantastic cook and flexible to prepare both confinement and other types of meals for us. She was just amazing with the baby and taught us so much giving me confidence and much needed rest. during the day. She would come only during the day giving us our own space at night which was perfect for us. I would highly recommend Nanny Su - [email protected]

Last edited:
I just read an article about this first time mummy was forced to lie on the bed with her legs on stirrup and becos her gynae refused to let her have other birthing position she had 3rd degree tear and not to mentioned losing her bowels....sound so scary le!!

How are you feeling being at 37th weeks preggy? I am now at 32 weeks and I feel my tummy is like going to burst, mind you my tummy only grew the last 3 weeks.

Tired, huge like a whale who swallow an elephant, restless, bursting, everything also cannot fit anymore, legs wobbly like period cramps,
And it didn't help that MIL is sick since last week, I had to cook for the family and household chores. Not that I am complaining much, but it's just drain most of my energy. Hope she gets well soon, tho.

I hope that baby will be ready to meet us by end of next week. Been trying to talk to baby to get ready soon as I am tired.

Why I say like I feel like am pregnant for a year? Had a MC last year may at 9 weeks. Then july got pregnant with this lil one. Hence it really feels like a whole year. And the weather is soooo not helping now!!!....

*note to self - stay positive! ! Hahahhaha

Tired, huge like a whale who swallow an elephant, restless, bursting, everything also cannot fit anymore, legs wobbly like period cramps,
And it didn't help that MIL is sick since last week, I had to cook for the family and household chores. Not that I am complaining much, but it's just drain most of my energy. Hope she gets well soon, tho.

I hope that baby will be ready to meet us by end of next week. Been trying to talk to baby to get ready soon as I am tired.

Why I say like I feel like am pregnant for a year? Had a MC last year may at 9 weeks. Then july got pregnant with this lil one. Hence it really feels like a whole year. And the weather is soooo not helping now!!!....

*note to self - stay positive! ! Hahahhaha

Hang in there!! You are reaching the finishing line v soon. Yes I hate the weather now...too hot!

I just read an article about this first time mummy was forced to lie on the bed with her legs on stirrup and becos her gynae refused to let her have other birthing position she had 3rd degree tear and not to mentioned losing her bowels....sound so scary le!!
O...M...G..... Why didn't the OB do the episiotomy to prevent tearing...

I have no idea....:(
So scared of labour..... Like alot of things fall under the hands of the nurses and OB.... And they even have to use fingers to poke through just to feel the dilation of our cervix. Why is technology not improving and making things so hard on mummies.... As in use a camera or something thinner to gauge the opening of the cervix.......

Aiyoh!! That's terrible... which hospital was that?

What other birthing positions are there?

I was given on my visit @ 32 weeks. We are supposed to bring the letter everywhere we go after that.
I am at 34 weeks now and my gynae have not give me any doctor letter or hospital admission letter yet. But his nurse has asked me if I have decided which hospital I am going to deliver. I have not pay deposit for doctor's fee though. lols.... See whether they will give to me on my next visit at 36 weeks check up.

For experience mummies, can let us know what is your comfortable birthing position pls??
I was asking about birth plan with my gynae during my last visit. I also wondering if we are allowed on any other birthing position than the traditional position where we are lying on the bed and open our legs. I have been reading some books on labour position and in antenatal class they also teach some birthing position which might help us for faster labour, for example, squatting, etc. But really doubt, will we be tied up with those CTG, etc when we admitted to the hospital ? In addition, some gynae might not allow us to do any other birthing position. For example, if you would like to do squatting, although is good for pushing out the baby, but it would be hard for gynae / midwife to look down there and how we are progressing.

@nazriah, congrats...... you already full term now. Baby can go out anytime without any worries on preterm labour. I am a bit anxious now, counting down how many days I need to wait till the baby pop.....

I also start tired bring my big bump everywhere and feel a bit of breathless somehow, do everything very slowly. lols....

I am at 34 weeks now and my gynae have not give me any doctor letter or hospital admission letter yet. But his nurse has asked me if I have decided which hospital I am going to deliver. I have not pay deposit for doctor's fee though. lols.... See whether they will give to me on my next visit at 36 weeks check up.
I haven't as well. I heard that there is an increase in hospital fees as of 1 Mar (not sure which hospitals though) and some drs' increase their delivery charges already. I intend to check next Thurs during my appt.

So scared of labour..... Like alot of things fall under the hands of the nurses and OB.... And they even have to use fingers to poke through just to feel the dilation of our cervix. Why is technology not improving and making things so hard on mummies.... As in use a camera or something thinner to gauge the opening of the cervix.......
yah lorr....sometimes I wondering whether episiotomy is good or bad. Then I just thinking or just leave it all to my gynae to decide...... hoping I will be in good hands of my gynae.

Hi mummy, I have a pair of compression sock to let go at $30, i paid $70+ and wore less than 2 weeks.

I'm Dr Benjamin Tham's patient and delivered via csect GA. The nurses wore for me together with binder immediately after the delivery. It helps in blood circulation and prevent blood clot.

For experience mummies, can let us know what is your comfortable birthing position pls??

My both at tmc, STANDARD.. Lie on back, strapped the devices on tummy, wen huge movement the monitoring will need to be adjusted. Legs only on stirup wen dilated enough to start pushing.
Yes i agree why no high tech stuff to check dilation? Imagine 3-5 different ppl poke to feel the dilation cm (if in labour ward very long la, cos they rotate their shift n all) but once hit 7-8cm dun need check, cos wen pushing can see baby head's hair. At tmc got water birth, must request n charges different, n aso if gynae allows (and must book early if not ppl use for delivery). Not all room have shower area too. So depends on luck which room u gets.

My OB prefers nornal tear as healing is faster, but true the tear may extend to anus like my case, but it really recovers SLIGHTLY faster. Honestly, i duno if its cos of the 'pushing' or the tear, but now wen i poo, sometimes the inner layer skin will protrude out, so after wash need push back in :( i read its normal, but i dun feel 'normal' lah..

Hi @auglittlebaby , u requested for c-sec GA or dr tham recommended for u? I asked him for some advice but he totally rejected me from c-sec..lol. He like so confident i can go thru natural o_O

Agreed, he super pro-natural, my csect was due to low placenta. His skill is superb, I only stayed hospital for 3 days, by 2nd day I can walk without much pain and on the 3rd day when I discharged, I can even go China Sq to do Abalone redemption after I settled my bill with credit card.

@nazriah, congrats...... you already full term now. Baby can go out anytime without any worries on preterm labour. I am a bit anxious now, counting down how many days I need to wait till the baby pop.....

I also start tired bring my big bump everywhere and feel a bit of breathless somehow, do everything very slowly. lols....

I m 34 weeks too. Tummy getting bigger and even when I m talking I can feel a little breathless. I started to vomit some water after eating since few weeks back. Shoes getting tighter n I suspect is water retention. Feel groggy while walking.. can't imagine when I m 9 months. Will more symptoms show up by then. Hang in there everyone for the little one inside us!! Cheers!

I haven't as well. I heard that there is an increase in hospital fees as of 1 Mar (not sure which hospitals though) and some drs' increase their delivery charges already. I intend to check next Thurs during my appt.

Parkway east is one of the hospital that increase the fees in march. Increase by $200 if I am not wrong. :/

Parkway east bills are fairly cheaper than lots of other hospital even if they increase $200, lots of my friend delivered there too, heard the service is gd too... But if other hospital increase, hopefully d amount wont be higher...:(

Any mums can suggest which wet wipes are better? Spoilt for choices!

Johnsons&johnsons so far the best i feel. Follwed by nuk, and a korean brand(forget the name). Tried huggies, pigeon, tollyjoy, daiso brands all quite dry n thin. But aso depends on baby bum, some may develop rash, or allergy to certain chemical.

Wah seriously i dun tink too much abt the delivery process, or how bad is e tear hehe. In fact for my #1 i oso didnt find out. Dun feel like freaking myself out! Pray pray dat for #2 labour will be shorter and process smoother. Everything else leave in the hands of my gynae bah.

Nway after speaking to a lady on cordblood banking, decided to donate and not do private banking. One to-do thing off my checklist! Just need to chk if my gynae charges fee for collection and register with sg cord blood bank.

Maid search is so unfruitful. Some agencies keep pushing for fresh maids w no experience working here, which im not comfy with. I thot at least got work here before, altho smarter, less culture shock and adapt faster. So confusing. Any mommies hv experience to share?

I bought bosomi (korean brand) during the babycare fair at expo before cny. Have yet to try on any bums yet. Hehhe... but somehow I like the after feel of the wipes. No sticky feelings like the other baby wipes. Opened one pack for normal use, so far its ok tho. Both me and husband like it. Just hope baby likes it like we do!

During first few months I used cotton wipes with tap water at home, Kodomo wipes when I'm out. No nappy rash at all.
I bought bosomi (korean brand) during the babycare fair at expo before cny. Have yet to try on any bums yet. Hehhe... but somehow I like the after feel of the wipes. No sticky feelings like the other baby wipes. Opened one pack for normal use, so far its ok tho. Both me and husband like it. Just hope baby likes it like we do!
Johnsons&johnsons so far the best i feel. Follwed by nuk, and a korean brand(forget the name). Tried huggies, pigeon, tollyjoy, daiso brands all quite dry n thin. But aso depends on baby bum, some may develop rash, or allergy to certain chemical.

Thank u!

Hi all

Just to check for delivery fee if we choose 1 bed the charger only different on the room rate or all charger is different? I heard that all charger will be higher if we choose 1 bed. Please share if you have experience on this. Thanks...

I remember my stay at tmc first night 2bedded(before deliver) den moved to 1 bedded after delivered, the cost is only the room tpye n not the overall. but, the cost of baby nursery MIGHT be different aso. Need to doublecheck..
As for the usage of items, ie, maternity pads, cotton wools, bb diapers, etc, is the same cost..every item need to pay. So after opening new pack diaper remember bring home the rest! I prefer to bring own pads, as the one i used previously at tmc has no tape but is very thick. Duno if they changed it anot...

Today see gynae. Tml wk 33. Bb measured 1.770kg. Position fixed. So can go natural. Total weight gain 6kg so far. Did my best. Ate and drink more. Still same. Don't know go where the food. Now waiting to do pre admission to hospital. Gynae issue letter for admission Liao.

congrats newbiemum80!

Recently I've been feeling more frequent braxton hicks - i'm week 31 now. I am also feeling alot thirstier and tired. Wonder if it's a symptom of GD...

I remember my stay at tmc first night 2bedded(before deliver) den moved to 1 bedded after delivered, the cost is only the room tpye n not the overall. but, the cost of baby nursery MIGHT be different aso. Need to doublecheck..
As for the usage of items, ie, maternity pads, cotton wools, bb diapers, etc, is the same cost..every item need to pay. So after opening new pack diaper remember bring home the rest! I prefer to bring own pads, as the one i used previously at tmc has no tape but is very thick. Duno if they changed it anot...

Thanks furbee

Do u all experience extreme hard kicks or punches that makes ur entire tummy move to either side?
My previous 2 never experience this kind of pain... Sigh.
Do you have vivid dreams while asleep? Mine is getting worse!! Totally like nv zzz with the dreams and constant movements in belly...

Congratz @newbiemum80 , at least ur gynae gave u assurance for natural birth! Ur food n nutrients all went to baby! Which is good news.. :) jus continue eating healthily... 1mth more to go!
I doubt i can wait till 39weeks to deliver, feel like inducing again at 38 weeks...cannot sleep when bb is so active, keep 'knocking' on my bed when i slp sideway...

Haha me! My tummy goes out of shape or pops on one side when she moves into a certain position. So funny to watch! I think she is stretching herself.

Every morning she wakes up so early...6am onwards is when I believe she's widely awake coz when I auto wake up and turn at this timing she will be kicking continuously on the side of bed I am lying on. Sometimes makes me wanna go pee.

@furbee , they gave me a list with the items I should bring, but no baby stuff is involved. They offer some baby stuff for the hospital stay, I should pay for them? If so, I would bring my own baby diapers and etc...

@furbee , they gave me a list with the items I should bring, but no baby stuff is involved. They offer some baby stuff for the hospital stay, I should pay for them? If so, I would bring my own baby diapers and etc...

The baby diapers n stuff are not ex, maybe at most a dollar extra. No point bringing urs cos they will open new pack of theirs too even finish in d nursery. Actually most shocking is how the single cotton ball used, or even like scissor or disposable cloth used r being charged into the bill. Wen i 1st saw the breakdown my jaws drop. Lol. Subsequent #2, i dun bother seeing n jus pay... Cos everything really is dollars n cents.
They will provide the tmc baby top n pants, n tmc swaddle booties mittens, and wen discharge will have the free tmc diaper bag with the sponsored products n stuff. So by time u discharge already have a number of stuff to carry home! Actually if u stay 1-bedded will provide toiletries aso..
The bill aso includes the meal of spouse,if any.. Wat i can rem shld b liddat...
I forgotten how the charges are at the delivery suite aso...

Back