(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Walk all the way for my durian and i got this as a present :(

Attachments

• 1426671685258.jpg
    1426671685258.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 199

Some of my friends warned me not to eat too much of durian or it will affect the baby's skin being prone to rashes etc.. so, dun be too sad..

Hmm.. but I already ate a few times before they told me:eek:

Oh really. I only know around 34 weeks cant eat alrd cos very heaty haha

Walk all the way for my durian and i got this as a present :(

Wah sad! I think all durians sold to goodwood park hotel for their buffet lohz. Lol. I dun dare eat durian, cos can vouch bb weight will increase too fast. Waiting to deliver n can feast on durians....:rolleyes:

Wah sad! I think all durians sold to goodwood park hotel for their buffet lohz. Lol. I dun dare eat durian, cos can vouch bb weight will increase too fast. Waiting to deliver n can feast on durians....:rolleyes:

What buffet ? Is all the durian cake etc right
But the hotel dont sell the real stuff right :(

Oh no... I'm in 33rd week already still no sign... Hope I have milk supply!!!
Don't stress urself over something that is beyond ur control ...
Do try massaging urself in the shower .. Clear the ducts in the nips .. Also get them 'toughen up' ready for ur Bb's sucking every 2-3 hrs when bb arr. This may also help prevent crack / sore nipples .
Take care .. Stay happy

I think at most is durian paste, closest to the real thing at hotel durian ... I saw they have new stuff like durian macrons, which i havent seen else where yet...

Don't stress urself over something that is beyond ur control ...
Do try massaging urself in the shower .. Clear the ducts in the nips .. Also get them 'toughen up' ready for ur Bb's sucking every 2-3 hrs when bb arr. This may also help prevent crack / sore nipples .
Take care .. Stay happy
But i thought we shouldn't touch the breasts too much now cos it might potentially induce labour? Noted on not being stressful... haha, as it can be really bad for mother and baby!

How soon will you mummies take leave to rest and wait for labour? Need to start planning for handover of work...

For my #1, I worked until the day I popped, which is 10 days earlier than EDD. Lucky my water broke at night... can't imagine if it did while I'm working.

This time, I will start ML 2 weeks before EDD. Can't wait for ML to start :)

I also intend to work until the day I poop...but will probably work from home 2 weeks before EDD.
wow, nice, your job allows you to work from home. so can continue to do that after your ML finishes?
I also intend to work until the day i pop.... to save on the leave to spend with the LO when he's out lor... :)

For those intend to work until the day baby is pop, anything that we need to prepare? I am just thinking whether need to put spare clothes, undies and towel in the office ...

For those intend to work until the day baby is pop, anything that we need to prepare? I am just thinking whether need to put spare clothes, undies and towel in the office ...

I would say bring along maternity pads, waterproof or absorbent pad (if you'r planning to take a car or cab), towel, dark coloured/print clothes so that the water leakage won't be obvious. Necessary documents like doctor's letter, hospital admission letter, etc. Put the hospital bag in the car, or ask someone to bring it to the hospital.

If waterbag bursts, it gets very messy.

For my #1, I worked until the day I popped, which is 10 days earlier than EDD. Lucky my water broke at night... can't imagine if it did while I'm working.

This time, I will start ML 2 weeks before EDD. Can't wait for ML to start :)
Ah okay... Cos i wasn't too sure when i should start taking leave... 2 weeks before EDD sounds good... 5 more weeks of work for me!

mummies, not sure if it happens to you..but it is happening to me..i lost interest in shopping for myself. all i wan to shop is stuff for my bb. i used to shop alot at H&M for myself..now i only end up shopping at level 4 ... o_O

mummies, not sure if it happens to you..but it is happening to me..i lost interest in shopping for myself. all i wan to shop is stuff for my bb. i used to shop alot at H&M for myself..now i only end up shopping at level 4 ... o_O
Pointless to buy too much stuff when we won't be wearing them much longer after popping.
For me since only my tummy got bigger I pretty much can wear my pre pregnancy clothes like those tshirts and shirts. Only had to buy maternity shorts, pants, some looser tops, cny clothes, then got those dressing gowns for hospital stay and later hope use and nursing type clothes.
For baby I was so ks I bought a lot of it if not entirely way before and did up the room so now I'm left with very little items to buy. In a way it's good I don't have to stress about things now or nxt mth when we are going to be with a larger tummy. But yeah I'm always making excuses on cute things that I think the baby will need all the time. Like earlier at motherworks. What is level 4 btw?

H&M is evil! Hahhaha... I keep going there as well!
But for the past month, I have been restraining myself from buying more stuffs for baby. Else more space in the room. And dunno if baby have a chance to use it or not.

The outfit for baby upon discharge from hosp is from H&M. Just cldnt resist the cute dino!

Attachments

• 1426758851329.jpg
    1426758851329.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 149
Pointless to buy too much stuff when we won't be wearing them much longer after popping.
For me since only my tummy got bigger I pretty much can wear my pre pregnancy clothes like those tshirts and shirts. Only had to buy maternity shorts, pants, some looser tops, cny clothes, then got those dressing gowns for hospital stay and later hope use and nursing type clothes.
For baby I was so ks I bought a lot of it if not entirely way before and did up the room so now I'm left with very little items to buy. In a way it's good I don't have to stress about things now or nxt mth when we are going to be with a larger tummy. But yeah I'm always making excuses on cute things that I think the baby will need all the time. Like earlier at motherworks. What is level 4 btw?
oh. i mean level 4 of H&M lol

H&M is evil! Hahhaha... I keep going there as well!
But for the past month, I have been restraining myself from buying more stuffs for baby. Else more space in the room. And dunno if baby have a chance to use it or not.

The outfit for baby upon discharge from hosp is from H&M. Just cldnt resist the cute dino!
i bought the one with the chihuahua...so cute. i also bought matching socks for his discharge from hospital too lolx

I got the same hat as well! Hahahhaha.....
I can go crazy lah! Hehhee.... lucky I was able to restrain myself... else too much damage! Hehe

Yah I lost interest in shopping for myself since my gal is born. Everytime at malls oso looking at her stuff, be it clothes toys etc. Now got another one coming lagi worse, but haven really bought much clothes for my baby boy.

I only do online shopping for myself now. Asos.com is my fren lol. Even then i only shop cos of necessity. But shoe shopping is a different thing, i still love buying my melissas :D

But i thought we shouldn't touch the breasts too much now cos it might potentially induce labour? Noted on not being stressful... haha, as it can be really bad for mother and baby!
REALLY ..??!! What makes you think that ?? Touching ones breast can induce labour .. Is that why some Poor moms to be and their poor hubbies 'dare not ' touch each other during this period .
I AM SURE .. Giving your '2 girls' a good ,few minutes rub / massage during ur daily shower will definitely help with nursing bb , gentle rubbing will also lossen milk glands and prevents duct blockages and toughening the nipples will prevent sore crack nips when nursing starts . I never had LC 20+ yrs ago .. Did this on my own accord and very successfully nursed my 3 children as did most moms i spoke to , not a crack nips / block ducts / breast engorgements etc .
As for when to stop work to wait for Bb's etd.. Best person to ask is ur dr .. some Drs can tell by ur body condition .. Don't wan waste too many days at home waiting for bb .. One of My client's bb came 8 days after due date . Most mtb will try to wait for the Dday .
Good luck .. Stay happy .

Ah got it! I didn't go for BF classes, everything is google online, lol... Hopefully baby knows how to latch properly and give me some comfort... LOL.

The mistake I made was to assume breastfeeding comes naturally :p

It doesn't! It's an uphill battle. Many mothers give up after few weeks, I was one of them. This time, I'll make good use of the lactation consultants during my hospital stay. Ask them as many qn, make sure the latch is correct, learn how to bf lying down. The visitors can wait :)

REALLY ..??!! What makes you think that ?? Touching ones breast can induce labour .. Is that why some Poor moms to be and their poor hubbies 'dare not ' touch each other during this period .
I AM SURE .. Giving your '2 girls' a good ,few minutes rub / massage during ur daily shower will definitely help with nursing bb , gentle rubbing will also lossen milk glands and prevents duct blockages and toughening the nipples will prevent sore crack nips when nursing starts . I never had LC 20+ yrs ago .. Did this on my own accord and very successfully nursed my 3 children as did most moms i spoke to , not a crack nips / block ducts / breast engorgements etc .
As for when to stop work to wait for Bb's etd.. Best person to ask is ur dr .. some Drs can tell by ur body condition .. Don't wan waste too many days at home waiting for bb .. One of My client's bb came 8 days after due date . Most mtb will try to wait for the Dday .
Hi, are you a LC?

It doesn't! It's an uphill battle. Many mothers give up after few weeks, I was one of them. This time, I'll make good use of the lactation consultants during my hospital stay. Ask them as many qn, make sure the latch is correct, learn how to bf lying down. The visitors can wait :)

Good on you, wanting to nurse your baby.... wish you every success on your 2nd try , it should be better.
Once the baby is here... the most important thing to do is Feed yourself and feed your Baby.
sleep when BB sleeps. dont try to be a super mom .
when you have enough rest and not stressed .. milk will flow better...in most cases.
stay calm and relax while nursing .. even with the bb crying in your arms.
when you calm down the bb will ,too.
Babies can sense your anxieties.

best wishes, stay positive.

wow, nice, your job allows you to work from home. so can continue to do that after your ML finishes?
I also intend to work until the day i pop.... to save on the leave to spend with the LO when he's out lor... :)
I have an understanding boss but cannot take advantage la. After ML back to office liao...

I would say bring along maternity pads, waterproof or absorbent pad (if you'r planning to take a car or cab), towel, dark coloured/print clothes so that the water leakage won't be obvious. Necessary documents like doctor's letter, hospital admission letter, etc. Put the hospital bag in the car, or ask someone to bring it to the hospital.

If waterbag bursts, it gets very messy.
thanks @sleepawhile. Btw when normally we will be given the doctor's letter and hospital admission letter? I thought we only have the hospital admission letter once we admitted?

thanks @sleepawhile. Btw when normally we will be given the doctor's letter and hospital admission letter? I thought we only have the hospital admission letter once we admitted?

I also gotten mine at week 32 like @yveyve18 .. the letter is to fasten the process in case need any emergency attention den wont need fill up the details and stuff. But may differ from each hosp practise

At 37 weeks, I have yet to get any letter from the gynea tho... last tues, during appt, during consultation, I asked the gynea abt it and she said will be giving it to me then and she was writing details abt my birth plan and all...
But during payment, the one at the counter said, "oh, next week then we'll issue coz still need to do heartbeat of baby (or something like that).
I asked, what if before my next appt (which is within the week), I have my contraction, what am I suppose to do? She said just go to the hospital and the hospital will call the clinic. But when I asked again, what am I suppose to show to the hospital? She just didn't answer the qn and just say next week then give letter. My husband being the typical man, dont want to make a big hoo haa, just wanted to leave. I wasn't too happy abt it ah, but had to comply coz dont want to make a scene.

Will definitely feedback to gynea next Tues abt it.

Being a FTM, of course lah more kan cheong. But seriously, I just felt wanted to whack that counter girl that day! its the hormones!! Dont blame me!

At 37 weeks, I have yet to get any letter from the gynea tho... last tues, during appt, during consultation, I asked the gynea abt it and she said will be giving it to me then and she was writing details abt my birth plan and all...
But during payment, the one at the counter said, "oh, next week then we'll issue coz still need to do heartbeat of baby (or something like that).
I asked, what if before my next appt (which is within the week), I have my contraction, what am I suppose to do? She said just go to the hospital and the hospital will call the clinic. But when I asked again, what am I suppose to show to the hospital? She just didn't answer the qn and just say next week then give letter. My husband being the typical man, dont want to make a big hoo haa, just wanted to leave. I wasn't too happy abt it ah, but had to comply coz dont want to make a scene.

Will definitely feedback to gynea next Tues abt it.

Being a FTM, of course lah more kan cheong. But seriously, I just felt wanted to whack that counter girl that day! its the hormones!! Dont blame me!

Hehe, probably the counter can't do anything more since gynae hasn't issued the letter :) 37 weeks! You are near the finishing line!!

Thing is, gynae has issued. The counter just need to pass it to me. That was what I understand from the consultation with the gynae. Gynae even say that I can do the pre registration at the hospital last Tuesday.
Dunno lah! Just wait for coming Tuesday lor...

Yeah, almost finishing line. Am sooo tired alrdy! (Not that I will be less tired after baby come out, but thats a totally different thing altogether! )

I just feel that I've been pregnant for so long! Pregnant for a year!

Ic....LC mentioned that too much stimulation can cause contraction. I think that's why so many dare not touch. Heee. Just learn fr LC last week. But glad to noe that massaging a few mins is fine. Thanks to u.
May I noe how to 'toughen' the nipples? Heard so much abt crack n sore nipples during breastfeeding....so scary.

Ic....LC mentioned that too much stimulation can cause contraction. I think that's why so many dare not touch. Heee. Just learn fr LC last week. But glad to noe that massaging a few mins is fine. Thanks to u.
May I noe how to 'toughen' the nipples? Heard so much abt crack n sore nipples during breastfeeding....so scary.

What I learn from my massage lady, after shower, u can pull and twist your nipple, so that your nipple will be more protuding out for easy latch. And it will be a lil painful to pull and twist, but it is to prepare u for what's to come during breastfeeding.

Guess I'm the only one delivering at Mount E Orchard? ;)

I went to pre-register last weekend already, super kiasu coz I'm at 28 weeks n supposed to do it by week 35. But since I was there for prenatal classes, might as we do it!

Also learnt from the class that Mount E offers "walking epidural" - which means no need for catheter to be inserted. I definitely will opt for this and hopefully my baby gets in the right position!!

Went to taka baby fair yesterday n bought most of my stuff plus got 6% rebate by using DBS card, not bad at all - can use the vouchers to buy more baby stuff! Lol :p
my hubby was asking me if it's my nesting period now...:D

Apparently seen this in a medical paper - Oxytocin, a hormone that causes contractions, is released in the body when the breasts are stimulated.

Very true, we should make full use of the lactation consultants and maximise by asking questions and getting them to provide some real help.

Same here, my friends said their LC said the same thing. It releases a kind of hormone Oxytocin, that causes contractions, is released in the body when the breasts are stimulated.

I went to pre-register last weekend already, super kiasu coz I'm at 28 weeks n supposed to do it by week 35. But since I was there for prenatal classes, might as we do it!

Also learnt from the class that Mount E offers "walking epidural" - which means no need for catheter to be inserted. I definitely will opt for this and hopefully my baby gets in the right position!!

Went to taka baby fair yesterday n bought most of my stuff plus got 6% rebate by using DBS card, not bad at all - can use the vouchers to buy more baby stuff! Lol :p
Only Mt. E orchard has the walking epidural?! OMG.... I wanted to have this so that there is no need for the urine catheter to be inserted and plucked out thereafter! So scary...

I am also delivering at Mt E Orchard.

What I learn from my massage lady, after shower, u can pull and twist your nipple, so that your nipple will be more protuding out for easy latch. And it will be a lil painful to pull and twist, but it is to prepare u for what's to come during breastfeeding.
Yes exactly .. Ur Bb will pull even more when he/ she latches on .. Hopefully by then your 'baby taps' has toughen up enough . Good luck !! Wish you ever success in totally nursing ur little darling . Way to go ... girl

Last edited:

Thing is, gynae has issued. The counter just need to pass it to me. That was what I understand from the consultation with the gynae. Gynae even say that I can do the pre registration at the hospital last Tuesday.
Dunno lah! Just wait for coming Tuesday lor...

Yeah, almost finishing line. Am sooo tired alrdy! (Not that I will be less tired after baby come out, but thats a totally different thing altogether! )

I just feel that I've been pregnant for so long! Pregnant for a year!

How are you feeling being at 37th weeks preggy? I am now at 32 weeks and I feel my tummy is like going to burst, mind you my tummy only grew the last 3 weeks.

Back