(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

read the topic abt boy or girl gender. really dislike the comment.. "gender not impt to u but impt to us old people."

bth. really wan to rebut them. ya ya.. come out boy but not healthy got problem type, u happy meh? these kind of funny old ppl.

some one tell me nowadays give birth to girl when she grow up get married, u will gain another family member. when u have boy when he get married he will go off elsewhere to another family like less 1 person to u.....

btw which mth is oscar test or harmony tesy usually done? 4th to 5th mth?

Actually, I also kind of agree with you. I noticed that girls nowadays will tend to bring their husbands back home more and get more involved with family activities. Maybe guys not so particular about such things. But hopefully all mummies here can have their dream come true, everyone will have both girl and boy! Hehe.

u girls moved too fast here.. i cannot catch up... do pmed me in fb so i can add u... seldom come in here :)
https://www.facebook.com/gloria.liu.3154

Gonna for my oscar scan this friday... finally can see baby again.. my goodness... my 2nd time seeing baby.. going crazy

Good luck for your Oscars scan!
Maybe should request to gynae to give you visits on a shorter interval, if not, v hard to tahan. Hehe.

yup so i told hb i wan see gynae again b4 cny.. hoping can see gender too.. haha.. den cny pple see me, i can tell
Yah, should have another appt, if not the wait is too long!

I dun know how to describe, but the pain will wake up during the night. My app on 16 feb. If u dun mind can ask ur gynae?

Sometimes, I will have one spot here and there, pain. I also will get abit worry.
If you are not comfortable, can call your gynae, don't need to wait till appointment date.
Rest more.

Last visit was 20jan...

Next appt was suppose to be 24feb..

I felt was more than 1 month. So i asked the nurse to make it earlier & she chg to 17feb..

At least i know everything is fine b4 cny..

The nurse told me after 12 weeks the appt can be once a month liao..

Gave me a paper consisting the info abt è package they have at week 14

Don't get too stressed up, the test is done & it's up to nature to decide on the results. When u seeing doc John again?

Hi all, I am new here, nice to meet everyone.

I am in my week 10 now. This will be my #2. #1 is 2 years old, terrible twos :confused:

I am contemplating to go for Harmony test as I am above 35. Is there anyone here above 35 and going for Oscar test?

For cramps (mentioned above by a mtb) I feel that it's good idea to let gynae have a look, perhaps can get prescribed hormone pills if necessary, if deemed needed to better support the pregnancy.

Hope to learn more from everyone here

Hi all, I am new here, nice to meet everyone.

I am in my week 10 now. This will be my #2. #1 is 2 years old, terrible twos :confused:

I am contemplating to go for Harmony test as I am above 35. Is there anyone here above 35 and going for Oscar test?

For cramps (mentioned above by a mtb) I feel that it's good idea to let gynae have a look, perhaps can get prescribed hormone pills if necessary, if deemed needed to better support the pregnancy.

Hope to learn more from everyone here
I am 36 n going for oscar tmr. Only if oscar not good then i will consider harmony. But then again my tcm said my oscar shd be fine so hope so!

I've been taking multivits dha abt 3 times a week, I feel they made my ms worse cos my ms not mild for a start. Different people may have different reactions though.

I've been taking multivits dha abt 3 times a week, I feel they made my ms worse cos my ms not mild for a start. Different people may have different reactions though.
so even when they made your ms worse, you still take? i think my ms is worse then before...

Oh.. multi vit will worsen MS?
I weren't vomiting so much before this then one day I started multi vit, calcium and fish oil and I immediately vomited out everything so I stopped.
I think if vomiting out, no point taking. Some gynae recommend start in tri 2.

Hi mummies, I am new here with my very first post.
Can add me facebook group.
[email protected]
I will be gg for Oscar @ TMC Scotts Road this 17 Feb 2015. Any one going this date?
Does anyone know whether the Gender will be shown on this day? hahaha...

I think one of the mummy here said her gynae said is normal. But I think you can call your gynae to ask, just to confirm. :)
Me Lah, hehe
My Gynae ask me Monitor to see if it turns brownish, pinkish etc.
Mine was once off.i remember before tested preg n in wk 8 I have it too..very slight & gone.
U wana call up ure Gynae to check???

I also tempted to take mc...
oh your boss asked you to take half day for Oscars scan ah? Next time you tell your boss your apt is mid-noon kind, like that very hard to take half day. Hehe.
My boss used to be very supportive n allows time-off, even if consecutive few days.guess gana complain m he did sound to me cannot keep giving : ( but that was when he "pissed" over my sick leave during early preg.hope he'll grant me time-off but I m try long to fix Gynae appt on sat too..meaning I see Gynae every 2wks instead of 3.
But boss seecd way I burp n vomit, tells me not healthy.i believe he is genuinely concerned..haha

My boss used to be very supportive n allows time-off, even if consecutive few days.guess gana complain m he did sound to me cannot keep giving : ( but that was when he "pissed" over my sick leave during early preg.hope he'll grant me time-off but I m try long to fix Gynae appt on sat too..meaning I see Gynae every 2wks instead of 3.
But boss seecd way I burp n vomit, tells me not healthy.i believe he is genuinely concerned..haha

I find male boss are so much nicer.

I find male boss are so much nicer.
I agree!! When I expecting my boy, I was on 1 wk HL for bronchitis, few days sick leave for early contraction at 5mth due to work stress!!the damn female boss(pardon me) ask me when am I projecting to take sick leave again? And she conceive only after 10yrs of TTC,yet not sympathetic!!
She say I can propose to clear Hl n Ml early B4 delivery but got HR to question my Hl till my GynAe damn pissed..& she tell me she is surprised I propose early rest as she feels I am not committed to my job!! Pissed sia!! Post maternity, appraisal..she says I fail all my goals.being on ML is not a reason.WTH!!
Glad I left.imagine I work till mid9 everyday n she say I cover only 50% of my job..please..this caused me to risk miscArriage & pre-labor at 5th mth!!!
Sorry to rant.but such attitude from a mnc..my god

Anyone intending to do genetic scanning at 14 weeks by dr ananda at camden medical??

I checked wif my gynae regarding this, he told me to do it at 20th weeks which i believe is the detailed scan.

Yup I joined April's mummy group too but was in group 2 so there wasn't much of interaction. How abt u? Have u wondered how to manage 2 kids in Aug? I am seriously jittery when I think about it!

I was in group 1, initially lots of chatter but almost none these days as everyone is busy. I'm also vv worried when I think about handling 2. I'm like you, SAHM and planning to send him to half day childcare in March. Need to get him used to school before #2 arrives. Also asked hubby to take long leave in August to help look after #1

Me Lah, hehe
My Gynae ask me Monitor to see if it turns brownish, pinkish etc.
Mine was once off.i remember before tested preg n in wk 8 I have it too..very slight & gone.
U wana call up ure Gynae to check???
Busy at work in the afternoon ended up forget abt it.
Just slight greenish like mucus.. dunno wat is tat seriously...

I agree!! When I expecting my boy, I was on 1 wk HL for bronchitis, few days sick leave for early contraction at 5mth due to work stress!!the damn female boss(pardon me) ask me when am I projecting to take sick leave again? And she conceive only after 10yrs of TTC,yet not sympathetic!!
She say I can propose to clear Hl n Ml early B4 delivery but got HR to question my Hl till my GynAe damn pissed..& she tell me she is surprised I propose early rest as she feels I am not committed to my job!! Pissed sia!! Post maternity, appraisal..she says I fail all my goals.being on ML is not a reason.WTH!!
Glad I left.imagine I work till mid9 everyday n she say I cover only 50% of my job..please..this caused me to risk miscArriage & pre-labor at 5th mth!!!
Sorry to rant.but such attitude from a mnc..my god
U still wif the same company?

I was in group 1, initially lots of chatter but almost none these days as everyone is busy. I'm also vv worried when I think about handling 2. I'm like you, SAHM and planning to send him to half day childcare in March. Need to get him used to school before #2 arrives. Also asked hubby to take long leave in August to help look after #1
I'm sending my daughter to half day childcare nxt mth & we probably get a maid before Aug. I dun think I can handle 2 kids coz my hubby works very late & our number 1, hur hur... is on terrible two now. Oh we have another similarity - SAHM! Which part of Sg do u stay? Maybe we can meet up & rant together. I'm staying in central area.

Last edited:
U still wif the same company?
No Lah I left Le..after appraisal.coz d dun boss want put me on some improvement program to monitor I meet my daily goals.ohhh please..I the away how to meet a year target.anyway,no point to stay coz no matter how much effort I put in, the team only remember my HL.
Good to leave when things are still in good shape.when I tender they tell me..good too..ure bb so young, u hv to take care at night..how to continue work, not like us,after 10pm can work.
My last straw was when I was working & son was crying for me I ask him wait.it daunted on my guiltiness & where's family time??

No Lah I left Le..after appraisal.coz d dun boss want put me on some improvement program to monitor I meet my daily goals.ohhh please..I the away how to meet a year target.anyway,no point to stay coz no matter how much effort I put in, the team only remember my HL.
Good to leave when things are still in good shape.when I tender they tell me..good too..ure bb so young, u hv to take care at night..how to continue work, not like us,after 10pm can work.
My last straw was when I was working & son was crying for me I ask him wait.it daunted on my guiltiness & where's family time??
Your team really dun care abt family time. Really bad. Those ppl of higher ranking in my current company r like tat too. But i dun care. 6pm i have to leave on the dot to pick my son. U all wan to work 24 x 7 is your problem. Sometimes i hate to receive calls n wa after office hr. Somemore it is my personal phone. I can work hard during office hr but sorry i cannot commit after office hr.

I can't work with female superior too and she was supposed to be my mentor.
What kind of mentor is that when she only know how to throw u the most mundane tasks with notes and expect u to do it perfectly?
When u did a single mistake, just show u black face and always showing black face at work.
I agree with u, just leave. No point staying in a co that u don't feel happy working in.

When I was clearing my work on my last day, I also show black face throughout and whatever notes she throw to me, I wrote back equally big notes and throw back on her desk.
Don't ever think that she's the only person who can show black face for no reason and don't ever think she's the only person who can work and get into boss's good books.
Anyone can do that too, it's just a matter of ethics.

No no. My male boss sucks.. last time i 1 wk HL, not a word of concern. Gns!

I am lucky to meet males bosses who are angels compared to the female ones. When I newly joined his co for briefly 1 month, he approved me for joining their co annual trip to club med.
When I kept going in and out of hospital during my last pregnancy and was being hospitalised with unknown discharge date, I called my boss and told him that I will resign because I was not sure when I will be discharged and I do not want to disrupt the work.
Shortly, HR called me and say my boss wanted me to stay and they will hire a temp staff to replace me, asking me to fully utilised HL then ML. At that time was not far from the fat bonus (8mths bonus + cash rewards + increment).
When I tendered, he pretended he never hear me and I have to inform HR myself.
I can never meet this kind of boss again.

Jus finish doing all the washing n hanging laundry ...

Then my tummy hurts so badly tat i was breathing in n out n now i m resting on my bed ... luckily no bleeding or anything jus piercing pain on my lower tummy ...

I think i jus wanna strictly bed rest for today ...

Anyone feels no matter how much water you drink.. you still feel very thirsty?

Been feeling like this for quite sometime alrdy...

Oh. I'm dropping by the baby fair tonight at suntec to survey the prices.. :D

Anyone feels no matter how much water you drink.. you still feel very thirsty?

Been feeling like this for quite sometime alrdy...

Oh. I'm dropping by the baby fair tonight at suntec to survey the prices.. :D

Hi pokpokkei...Oh yes, me too... now having cough and flu make things worst...:confused:
i tot of dropping by suntec but come to think of the crowd so don't think so..

Then my tummy hurts so badly tat i was breathing in n out n now i m resting on my bed ... luckily no bleeding or anything jus piercing pain on my lower tummy ...

Hi crystalizwan, take care ya...

Take care, don't over-exert yourself, still need to take lots of care.
Really well for today and just relax. :)

The day before yesterday, I was on MC...
Yesterday one of my colleague made a subtle guess and I gave a subtle answer... LOL.
Today my boss asked about my health and I told him I got something to tell him later and he seemed worried then when I told him nothing serious then he started guessing and bingo!
LOL...
He was quite nice about it and asked me how is it. Told him some days may feel unwell and take MC because vomiting all that then he said, oh, started. Then we talked abit more and he congrats me and I told him I pantang, that's why never said. So he said okok, he will not ask much yet but congrats for now.
So I guess it is all good for the time being. Phew.

I recently experienced the piercing pain few times in the morning too! I wonder what causes that. Are you ok now? Try not to walk so much.

hi everyone, i'm new here. i'm 9wks+ preggy. The first for me. Everything's new and i'm very lost with nobody to consult. stumbled upon this forum when i was searching for some information on obstetricians and their charges.

was first tested positive when i visited the polyclinic around a month back, and the doc on duty referred me to kkh. had a check-up and ultrasound scan last week. because i was a subsidized patient, i was assigned to the doc on duty. was given a 2nd appt when i'll be ard 16wks. not sure whether each appt is supposed to be that far apart. just did a blood test for, i suppose, the oscar test yesterday. will be reviewing the results in 3 weeks' time.

still having MS now and then at this stage. feeling sleepy, having skin irritation, nose bleed (probably due to the ferrous tablets). everything just comes at the same time. feeling so depressed with some many things going on at the same time.

i'm still undecided whether i should stick with kkh and continue get subsidized rates (without a specific obstetrician but a lot cheaper) or i should convert to a private patient in kkh, or just go to Mt A..

hi everyone, i'm new here. i'm 9wks+ preggy. The first for me. Everything's new and i'm very lost with nobody to consult. stumbled upon this forum when i was searching for some information on obstetricians and their charges.

was first tested positive when i visited the polyclinic around a month back, and the doc on duty referred me to kkh. had a check-up and ultrasound scan last week. because i was a subsidized patient, i was assigned to the doc on duty. was given a 2nd appt when i'll be ard 16wks. not sure whether each appt is supposed to be that far apart. just did a blood test for, i suppose, the oscar test yesterday. will be reviewing the results in 3 weeks' time.

still having MS now and then at this stage. feeling sleepy, having skin irritation, nose bleed (probably due to the ferrous tablets). everything just comes at the same time. feeling so depressed with some many things going on at the same time.

i'm still undecided whether i should stick with kkh and continue get subsidized rates (without a specific obstetrician but a lot cheaper) or i should convert to a private patient in kkh, or just go to Mt A..

Hi, welcome and hope you will feel better soon. Many of us here can empathise with you because many of us suffered from MS too.

I think some mummies do have gaps of about 1 month in between gynae visits. For myself, apart from an early visit just to confirm things, my 2nd and 3rd visit is about 3 weeks apart.

I don't have much info about kkh but I think a few mummies here go to kkh, maybe they can share with you their experiences. However, I heard that the cost of being a private patient in kkh is actually comparable to the costs in some private hospitals. Maybe you can research on some gynae and see which one you prefer then see if the specific gynae delivers in which hospital before you make a decision?

What are the price differences?
For subsidy patients, they are unable to choose their gynae and you have to see a different one each time and it doesn't come with a scan every time.
If finances allow, I rather choose a gynae that give a personal touch and make u feel at ease. Pregnancy should be stress and worry free.
Getting sick of seeing different gynaes at the O&G with a non nachalant attitude. They say things like "keep an open mind", "baby is still small, nothing much that we can do too", "discharge is common" that really doesn't help much. I might feel better staying at home and rest rather than go to them making me feel even more depressed.
But after going to a specialised gynae, he greeted me like a long friend, takes time to understand my medical history and taking time to check my condition (check whether cervix dilute and for infections), more time to scan for womb bleeding etc and pre empt me for discharge and what to expect for the next trimester. I feel so much more confident and at ease. He doesn't take chances.
Perhaps u might like to get recommendation from your friends before u get a fixed gynae.

Last edited:

Hi, welcome and hope you will feel better soon. Many of us here can empathise with you because many of us suffered from MS too.

I think some mummies do have gaps of about 1 month in between gynae visits. For myself, apart from an early visit just to confirm things, my 2nd and 3rd visit is about 3 weeks apart.

I don't have much info about kkh but I think a few mummies here go to kkh, maybe they can share with you their experiences. However, I heard that the cost of being a private patient in kkh is actually comparable to the costs in some private hospitals. Maybe you can research on some gynae and see which one you prefer then see if the specific gynae delivers in which hospital before you make a decision?

thanks, @Piggling! my first and 2nd visit are about 2 months apart so i was quite worried whether it should be the case. i thought it would be between 2 to 4 weeks apart. but luckily my 2nd and 3rd visit is just 4 weeks apart.
yep, was hoping fellow MTBs could give me some advice on whether i should stay on at kkh. was researching on them and that's where i stumbled upon this forum! felt so happy when i saw this forum! hahaha

Back