(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

my mum only tell me cannot use scissor on the bed.

i did not shift bed or paint for my #1. I avoided changing the bedsheet though.
I will like quietly say 'sorry...need to change bedsheet...need the 'tai shen' to shift a while'..than i go out of the room and let my hubby do it.

Hmm mAmypoko, I don't know or believe much superstitions, think the other mummies will be better to help u there.

Today my part time cleaner seems to have noticed my tummy. It's sticking out already, I guess wk10 is almost hitting second tri, I can't hide it. Caught her staring at my tummy twice.

Also got just overtaken by intense hunger after dropping my gal for class, supposed to come home to cook, but ended up my tummy felt so upset and growling that I literally speedwalk to the nearest Kopitiam to gobble a plate of rice meat and veg, which is really not like my common food choice, and I was so happy to chomp it down. The only other time I remember myself this hungry was when I was bf-ing #1!

I watched this fengshui show say can't shift bed cause got 床母 n no nailing at home
@csy i didnt know about the tai shen gonna tell hubby later

Wow.. istop browsing for 2 days and so many comment!

I have been taking quite a bit of 酸梅stuff.. not healthy huh.. but no choice.. sometimes feel like bloated and feeling vomit..

I asked my hb to ta pao sushi for me as supper, end up he din ta pao and I hv to cook instant noodles at 1am! :mad:

It was a tiring day. I guess I have quite sometimes didnt bring my son back to our home (due to taiwan trip and best rest for 2 weeks) he had a very bad sleep, being crying for the whole night... :( any mummies know how to let them have a good sleep? My son almost every night will sure fuss for awhile.. its soo tiring!

Hi Mummies, have you heard of old saying... cannot anyhow shift bed or paint wall of the room of an expecting mummy? something like it may have bad effect on the foetus..
Yes i have heard of this as well as what csy1 shared.

I have a friend who moved the mattress while changing bedsheets, she miscarried a few days later. It is up to individual to believe as some people may think it is superstitious. But i rather kiasi n believe

Yes i have heard of this as well as what csy1 shared.

I have a friend who moved the mattress while changing bedsheets, she miscarried a few days later. It is up to individual to believe as some people may think it is superstitious. But i rather kiasi n believe
I think I will wait till after 1st tri...

Hi Starxiuwen..

I made an appt with Dr John Yam @ The Jurong Point clinic. How did you get to know of him? I was looking for a gynae who sees patients at West side too hence chanced upon his name. How has your experience with him been? Good? Cos he's based in Glen E, are prices very high?

Oh you tested +ve on 27 Oct and on 15 Nov can hear heartbeat le? That's quite fast! Which week were you in when you 1st heard the bb heart beat?

I also want to join the FB group.. but cos nw i'm supposed to embargo the "news".. so cant request to join the FB group 1st.. :S
E FB grp is a secret grp as of now hehe. Will only change to a closed grp in jan when most r moving to 2nd trimester ;)

@fglim_carissa my son also fuss every night. i think he too active in the day. at night sure cry for milk..a min delay cry till like kill his whole family like that

mattress too heavy..so not advisable for the pregnant woman to change n carry. when change bedsheet, maybe will.sprain the back etc.

i do heard of some mummies who change..paint..sew etc and babies.still turn out fine.

Old wives tale I've heard of is preggy should not paint. Sew or cut things while seated on e bed. No hammering or nailing in the house. When I had #1 I made my hubby go corridor to nail while I hide in e room with doors closed n hands over my ears haha

Sometimes really better play safe than be sorry.
I attended a wake when I was preggy n my gal is super diff to take care.
My gal was born with a green vein over her nose bridge. 9 out of 10 ppl always ask did she get a scare. My mum doesn't know abt it if not she will scold me upside down. Although my BIL said his gal also had that when born cos skin was thin like what pd said too.
Now I rather be pangtang thn take any "risk" hehe

hello... just wondering, for those with toddlers at home, do you still carry them? I have a less than 2 yrs old toddler and i'm always carrying him in the Manduca carrier when we are out. Coz its not convenient with a stroller if I need to chase the boy (he always ask to walk and run around in shopping malls!=p) and taking bus also inconvenient with stroller.. so I'm still using carrier to carry. But now i wonder if it's time to stop carrying him in carrier.. hmm...

Oh anyway, hi everyone.. Just tested positive about 2 weeks ago.. Should be at my 6th week now.. Haven't seen my Gynae yet because he's overseas.. This is my no. 2 baby..

Oh!! I was reading the thread just now n suddenly it strike me that I just help my no. 1 to cut his nails while he is slping.. But not at my own bed.. At a staycation now.. Mm.. I'm not the pang tang kind la but now I feel a bit paranoid cos although not pang tang but I will still avoid to do those things during no. 1 pregnancy.. Mm..

anyone else having #4 , wish for some support for those who same as me.... Im 7wks+ now my stomach is very protruding.. its like everyone who see me knows im pregnant.. but i always show so early from my #1-3. dont understand why baby so tiny yet my tummy so big.. :/

Hi mummies, do you feel like out of breath at times? I was just normal walking also feel very tired. I need to catch some breathing. Recently feel so upset that I cannot seem to take control of my life. Cannot walk abit faster. Cannot zzz well. Cannot eat well too. Xin ku
Hi,im also easily out of breath. Cannot eat too fast ot talk too much. Will feel very breathless. Besides that i hv very dry itchy eyes same as my previous pregnancy. And sinus daily!

anyone else having #4 , wish for some support for those who same as me.... Im 7wks+ now my stomach is very protruding.. its like everyone who see me knows im pregnant.. but i always show so early from my #1-3. dont understand why baby so tiny yet my tummy so big.. :/
I read some where it has gotta do with our body structure . I also cant hide tummy kind..

hello... just wondering, for those with toddlers at home, do you still carry them? I have a less than 2 yrs old toddler and i'm always carrying him in the Manduca carrier when we are out. Coz its not convenient with a stroller if I need to chase the boy (he always ask to walk and run around in shopping malls!=p) and taking bus also inconvenient with stroller.. so I'm still using carrier to carry. But now i wonder if it's time to stop carrying him in carrier.. hmm...
I've stopped using carrier ever since I tested positive. No choice n when ur bump gets bigger have to stop using anyway

I'm easily out of breath too. Sometimes even when I'm not doing anything n am resting.
I used to talk non stop but now I can't walk n talk at e same time too hehe

This is my daily workout..super chuan when i finally get to my office

Attachments

• 1417734889845.jpg
    1417734889845.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 158
jean1986 wow you quit!!! Congrats on being a sahm! I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot :) you made it to office already?

Been down with nasty flu since last wed, today still no energy to go work so called in sick again. Sigh very sian... And worried that bb development affected :( cannot wait till my next appt with gynae to confirm that everything is ok
Hi yallo! Don't worry! I had high fever when i was 4 weeks pregnant. Then i kena flu during 6th week. Now bb is 9 weeks Le. My gynae said its fine. Just make sure you go and see doc for the flu and get the right medications :)

I still carry my 3 years plus gal when I was pregnant with my #2 all the way till week 41 and still no early delivery. haha. I oso carry my 3 years plus boy now too

Last edited:

I am having #3. Same problem. Tummy very big now. Was offered seat already

I told my 3yo girl that I cannot carry her anymore, only when sitting down. After crying and whining for a while, thankfully now she's more or less accepted and been willing to walk on her own more.

Meowycute wow #4!!!! Is this planned? Are you trying for a boy/girl after three of the same? Really admire your courage!!!

Nates_mum omg no bus up that super slope? Although my gynae told me to remain active but these past few days I just lie on the bed and sleep non stop, very unhealthy

i still carrying my #1. Bu she de leh.... a while more cannot carry liao when the tummy get out of the way.
Now i already thinking when i pick him at CC, how i going to help him wear shoe in months to come?

aiyo talk about changing bedsheet. my #1 vomitted last night and have to change...arrggghh...
want to go holiday suddenly start coughing. Super sianz

i think the big tummy is becoz we are no longer 'sucking' in the tummy, so will appear big lah..hehe

I tried sucking in my tummy but still protruding! Yesterday a colleague out of the blue came and tell me " i can tell. Congrats!" I was so surprised, i thought i already tried to hide as best as i could by wearing loose dress and even a cardigan over. I think in no time my whole office would be able to tell already

nates mum: wah!! Your journey to work look like a rocky 1. My girl new sch need to walk 20mins and I gave up on day 2. Ask my hubby to send by car earlier. I could hardly walk. I used to walk long long distance but slow la.

For other mummies with young kids, it is really not easy to tell them dun carry. Just recently then my girl is fine to walk on her own. But she is 3. Last time she walk less than 5mins will ask to bao bao.

I carried my 2 yr old lesser now cos i tend to cramp whenever i carry him. I told him my hands are painful instead of saying cos of the baby. He was v uncooperative at first but after a few stern warning, he's accepting it. I still carrying him abit here and there but long walking no..
I'm thinking of getting a baby doll to help train my #1 abt a baby coming.

Lol!!!!
I think that's a very interesting concept! Letting the elder kid play/train with a baby doll to prepare them for the real thing

Don't mean to scare you.... just simply sharing... i had a very bad flu when i was heavily pregnant with #1. i avoided all medication at all costs, but i had to give in after many days of misery. I ate only one anti-histamine for flu... then i din feel the baby kick for one whole day leh... i sleep.. he oso sleep..... but i got way much better just after that one teeny weeny tablet....

@nates_mum ur work journey looks like hiking... healthy leh... sure easy to give birth... but i guess now not much energy to start with to go through that i guess...

@Ash mum wow... your colleague must be very observant. Either that or your tummy is obvious le :)

My colleagues have been asking how come I look so tired everyday... n how come I'm in flats now (I used to wear heels to work everyday) :p

I told my 3yo girl that I cannot carry her anymore, only when sitting down. After crying and whining for a while, thankfully now she's more or less accepted and been willing to walk on her own more.

Meowycute wow #4!!!! Is this planned? Are you trying for a boy/girl after three of the same? Really admire your courage!!!

Nates_mum omg no bus up that super slope? Although my gynae told me to remain active but these past few days I just lie on the bed and sleep non stop, very unhealthy
No choice, thats the path leading to my office .haha in my office compound. i work in a school.

@nates_mum ur work journey looks like hiking... healthy leh... sure easy to give birth... but i guess now not much energy to start with to go through that i guess...
i guess thats the only exercise i have now.. besides walking to the canteen in the next blk.. everyday i will slump into my chair n catch my breath once i reach..

i think my babies are vegetarian. I totally cannot eat meat now except chicken in a very small quantity. I dun have any MS but once I took meat, I will vomit like nobody business. I find meat has very strong smell now. Sigh! I can't even enjoy my KFC. each time i eat meat, i will ask those around me whether they find the meat smell is very strong. hahaha, end up it's my problem, nothing to do with the meat.
When having my #1, i totally cannot eat veggies. Once eat veggie, will feel nauseous whole day and have to encounter with meat. After she comes out and till now, she din like meat at all. i think she's sick of eating meat for 9 months. So now she's like semi vegetarian.
Anyone experience the same?

Im at e clinic now.. waiting for my turn.. so nervous! just now my #1, 5 yr old, accidentally kick my tummy. Not full force. Was playing and tickling him.. he wasss soooo scared and looked pale. Poor thg. Hope everythgs ok.

Back