(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

Sugarling,
My Kkh Gynae didn't mention heart rate. But Benjamin tham at tmc automatically told me the heart rate from first visit without me asking.

a few checkup, she just listen but she didn't mention anything.
Than i am like 'huh, no scan ah'? than i insisted on having.
Than pay $$ loh

My baby decides to crave for chicken flavour maggi mee at 2.30am. Omg. So hungry that I can't sleep n felt nausea as I tried to fight the craving. -.-

@mandy_ng good luck!! Weeks back I had a nightmare too, I went to the toilet and saw lots of blood in the toilet bowl and I quickly check and it's not mine. Weird...

Yay! Congrats nates_mum!! He's my first Gynae, I like him a lot. Just that Kkh wait is abit too long.
My first time using him,highlY recommended by my gf. My previous gynae is judy wong,shes very good but only go tmc etc. My #2, tmc bill too high..i feel no point go bk tmc. But i miss the papaya soup!

Nates mum, oh, is tmc much higher in comparison? I was working the sums,as a private Kkh patient, it seems to equalize no? Coz Kkh has no package whereas tmc gynaes have packages. Hmm... I'm stil undecided which to stick with at this pt. headache, by next visit I will decide coz wk 12 by next visit with Benjamin tham n he offers a package.

Thanks everyone!
So far so good but Gynae commented baby abit small.
Edd changed to 16 July instead of 7 July if based on LMP.
Duno is it because of this he say baby is small. My #1 also a small baby.
Need to go back again in another 2 wks.
Gynae increased his package by 20% now become 1.2k. Faints.

If you can see the baby, that's half the battle won.
My scan is this coming Tuesday. I am very anxious to see something! I'm spotting again and trying to be calm. Doc said so long as no pain and no clots, I should be fine. So yeah... got to be cool like a cucumber.

@mandy @erlisa I had that weird dream too. Of blood gushing out and eventually the embryo came out. Was frantically in tears when I woke up. But so glad to hv heard baby's heartbeat few days after that. My due date also brought backwards by a week buy gynae say nothing to be worried of. :)

Hi all, newbie mom here... First pregnancy dunno what to do...
By now I should be in my 8th week pregnancy..
I lost my appetite and have lost 1kg+ But I don't have MS. Everyday I feel very bloated and cramping especially night time. When I took folid acid it became worsen thus I stop taking it. When I force to eat sometimes I will vomit. So I only eat small biscuits everyday.
I am worry with my baby development. Any other mom experience the same or can give me some advice?
Thanks...thanks..

Hi all, this is my first post although I've been doing the "silent" reading since last week when I tested positive. Had my first scan yesterday. So relieved to hear heartbeat. EDD is estimated 23 Jul.

This is my #2. My elder boy will be 8 next year. Long story for the gap but I'm very happy to have my #2 and certainly would like to stay tuned on this thread to learn from the great mommies here. :)

Hi all, this is my first post although I've been doing the "silent" reading since last week when I tested positive. Had my first scan yesterday. So relieved to hear heartbeat. EDD is estimated 23 Jul.

This is my #2. My elder boy will be 8 next year. Long story for the gap but I'm very happy to have my #2 and certainly would like to stay tuned on this thread to learn from the great mommies here. :)
my #1 is 8 next year too :)

I lost my appetite and have lost 1kg+ But I don't have MS. Everyday I feel very bloated and cramping especially night time. When I took folid acid it became worsen thus I stop taking it. When I force to eat sometimes I will vomit. So I only eat small biscuits everyday.
I am worry with my baby development. Any other mom experience the same or can give me some advice?
Thanks...thanks..
You got to try find something that you would at least enjoy eating. Don't skip on the folic acid. It's important. So long as you are not puking to the point of dehydration, it is not that bad. It will get better. :)

I had a scare. I went into A&E bcoz I started having allergic reaction after taking the medication given by gynae. This is not the first time I'm getting allergic reaction, but what made me decide to go A&E is that my chest started feeling heaving and my throat seems to start swelling up and constricting the airway. Stayed there on drip for a good 6 hours and now I'm much better though a bit weak. But I pretty much looked like either I've been crying for days that my eyes swelled up bad, or just been bashed up by the husband minus the bruise. Lol.

Now I have an addition to the list of allergy...

Last edited:
Yeah, gynae gave me the aspirin Cardifin to thin my blood. Coz of #1 pregnancy there was blood resistance flow in placenta to baby after 32 wks. It was to prevent that.

But I'm glad I found out now than later in pregnancy. I din know I was allergic to aspirin at all until now... And Yeah, I'm finally home sweet home... I gave everyone a scare... Esp My #1 who keeps on asking me if baby going to be OK.

Oh @erlisa do you have EpiPen? Im not sure can for preggy woman , check with gynae or allergist doctor.
Need standby for ppl with severe reaction / allergy.

Hi all, just reach office. haha late and somemore very jam on ECP. I can see my boss black face. but I don't care. if he don't care about his staff well being , I don't see why must I care about him.

@erlisa take a 30 minutes power nap.

the pao sheng thing my friend told me before also. but she said she only start drinking pao sheng when she in her 2nd trimester. so not sure whether can start now?

I also have cramps on and off. and somemore I got irritable bowel syndrome. so sometimes I don't know the cramp is stomachache or is it cramp.
@jean1986 i have irritable bowel syndrom also.. any advise on how to take care of it during pregnancy? This is my first pregnancy and i fell the IBS get worsen..due to this lots of food i cant eat. I follow FODMAP diet but still the bloating coming..get very worry my bb lack of nutrition.

Thanks...thanks..

Hi, I'm suffering from exactly the same
symptoms like you! Since I found out I'm pregnant, bloating and frequent cramping have been bothering me the most. I'm still eating three main meals a day with snacking in between when I get hungry. Still having very bad bloating even though I eat much smaller portion for my main meals, so I googled and many sites recommend eating 6 small meals/snacks a day instead. I'll be trying that from tomorrow. Feeling miserable. But pls don't skip the folic acid it's supposed to prevent spinal defects for the unborn baby.

Told my tcm about my bloated tummy... he say to avoid coconut related thing like curry and also garlic ... i also reliase i have bad bloatedness after i eat curry
But curry really damn yummy very hard to resist

Hi, I'm suffering from exactly the same
symptoms like you! Since I found out I'm pregnant, bloating and frequent cramping have been bothering me the most. I'm still eating three main meals a day with snacking in between when I get hungry. Still having very bad bloating even though I eat much smaller portion for my main meals, so I googled and many sites recommend eating 6 small meals/snacks a day instead. I'll be trying that from tomorrow. Feeling miserable. But pls don't skip the folic acid it's supposed to prevent spinal defects for the unborn baby.
Hi...glad I am not alone..but what worry me much I have an irritable bowel sydrom..lots food I cant eat and I loss appetite also..keep droping my weight...been trying to take folid acid but its really make my tummy super bloated and feel the gases are moving.. I am taking forlax for my constipation problem..

Thanks everyone for the love...

The swelling around the eyes subsided a bit... I think it will take a couple of days more to recover to normal...

Today im craving for nasi Briyani... Supposed to go for that for dinner, but alas, did not happen bcoz of the saga... So gonna have it later... Couldn't get it off my mind this morning!!

Erlisa,
Haven't cooked in 4 days alr. Not much choices for us to eat out. Aft living in Malaysia for 2 yrs, my taste buds very spoilt. Singapore food not that shiok ley! So next best is home food. But really cannot cook. I am asking my husband for a maid now. I need help if not my hse is going to become like a disgusting mess.
I am also feeling really fatigue and the nausea is sooooo horrible.
Can't wait for week 12...

Thanks everyone for the love...

The swelling around the eyes subsided a bit... I think it will take a couple of days more to recover to normal...

Today im craving for nasi Briyani... Supposed to go for that for dinner, but alas, did not happen bcoz of the saga... So gonna have it later... Couldn't get it off my mind this morning!!
You can order. If u want the spicy kind can order from sakuntala's. If u want the authentic indian dum biryani, order from anjappar. Both do delivery.

I had my share of scare last Fri too :(

Was spotting all of a sudden. Brown blood but i kc, immediately went down to see gynae. To make things worse, gynae on long leave, so had to see a covering gynae. Thankfully everything ok. Saw bb double in size already and now bb has hands and legs, so cute! Makes all my puking in the night worthwhile

I had my share of scare last Fri too :(

Was spotting all of a sudden. Brown blood but i kc, immediately went down to see gynae. To make things worse, gynae on long leave, so had to see a covering gynae. Thankfully everything ok. Saw bb double in size already and now bb has hands and legs, so cute! Makes all my puking in the night worthwhile

Glad everything is ok :)
so nice. I am still waiting patiently for 19th to come

Finding it very difficult to wake up for work in the morning, even though I've already slept 10hr. Trying hard to resist taking mc (already took 1 last Fri)....

Hi all..

Am (finally) going for my 1st appt later after work. First pregnancy, and I'm at my 8th week now. Kinda scared and worried, not sure if everything is okay.
Fellow mummies, is there anything that I need to look out for? Thanks in advance!

I remember a few mummies here taking progestrone pills?

Can I just ask, I was prescribed Utrogestan by gynae last week. To take 1 pill twice a day. I realised about 45-60min after taking the pill, I will feel very very dizzy, till I almost lost my footing. Do you all feel the same too??? The dosage at night is ok, it's the morning dosage that's getting on my nerves, coz it's affecting my daily activities. I literally had to lie in bed while my kids self-entertained!

Can I just ask, I was prescribed Utrogestan by gynae last week. To take 1 pill twice a day. I realised about 45-60min after taking the pill, I will feel very very dizzy, till I almost lost my footing. Do you all feel the same too??? The dosage at night is ok, it's the morning dosage that's getting on my nerves, coz it's affecting my daily activities. I literally had to lie in bed while my kids self-entertained!
Progestrone will make you sleepy... If you are prescribed progesterone, most likely you are ordered for bedrest too? Try to get more rest!

Try inserting them vaginally rather than orally. The side effects less.

Sasa Xie,
I only take them at night. Initially I took 2 pills at night up till around wk 8/9. Then Gynae told me I can switch to just one pill at night coz no more spotting or crampings. When it was 2 pills a night I felt Abit yuck an hr after taking, but now I'm at wk10-11, one pill at night seems to have no effects on me. By next wk, I don't have to take anymore. Coz hitting wk 12.Yay!!

i am going for my 1st appointment this coming Thursday .. Yeah!! I am on 8th week.

i still feel sleepy all the time and bloated most of the time .. my favourite food now is tomyum, lime juice and sour plum.

Sasa Xie,
I only take them at night. Initially I took 2 pills at night up till around wk 8/9. Then Gynae told me I can switch to just one pill at night coz no more spotting or crampings. When it was 2 pills a night I felt Abit yuck an hr after taking, but now I'm at wk10-11, one pill at night seems to have no effects on me. By next wk, I don't have to take anymore. Coz hitting wk 12.Yay!!

I see @saraiii . Am gonna see gynae again next week.. shall see what he says then. This pill really horrible..

Progestrone will make you sleepy... If you are prescribed progesterone, most likely you are ordered for bedrest too? Try to get more rest!

Ya.. was told to take things easy.. but had to come back to work to settle some stuff.. n it's been a bz morning :( Hopefully I can stay at home from Wed onwards

i am going for my 1st appointment this coming Thursday .. Yeah!! I am on 8th week.

i still feel sleepy all the time and bloated most of the time .. my favourite food now is tomyum, lime juice and sour plum.

Wow @amelia4080 all the food u mentioned are yums to me!!!! I just took Thai Express tomyum last night.. so so only :( haven't really satisfied my craving yet

Feel so tired. My girl is sick on weekend. Send her to my mum today. Wake up at 12, 1, 3, 5, 6, 640 either to check on her temp if not toilet. I can zzz anytime now, but need to work. Wat a life.

Back