(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

I just got back from my gynae.. It's confirm that I will be going thru induced labour in 2 to 3weeks time.. I have to deliver my bb girl by 38weeks.. Cos doc think my blood pressure will affect the baby if I drag too long.. I don't have high blood but it's borderline normal.. I'm not under medication even though doc give me.. But don't think I need to take.. I didn't take for the past one week and today tested my blood pressure is good.. But at least my umbilical cord blood resistance problem is solved..

I'm 35weeks now and bb weighs 2.4kg only.. Doc say bb will be born small frame.. But overall everything looks good for now.. At least my bb girl don't have to be born pre matured..
Hi Christine, I'm from oct thread. Thought of sharing my experience with u as we have similar case. I was also having high blood pressure at ard week 35 onwards. Bp was ard 140/90. By week 37, bp was 150/90 and i was induced on week 37.
Bb came out small at 2.1kg but healthy. But she had to delay her bcg jab becos of her weight. She gotta be at least 2.5 kg then can go for jab.

Hi Christine, would you be seeking a second opinion? Now I am worried. My blood pressure also on the high side. But my gynae, Prof Biswas keep saying everything is fine and say go natural birth.

hi faefever, which maternity photographer you use?
u going to take infant's too?

hi babby I used 'baby u studio'...the couple is korean...liked their online portfolio...clean aesthetic. Yah I feel their newborn photos r even cuter...all sorts of cute hats n props...they rented a private house w a big garden at the back, got natural light. V near expo there http://www.babyu.com.sg/gallery/

I just got back from my gynae.. It's confirm that I will be going thru induced labour in 2 to 3weeks time.. I have to deliver my bb girl by 38weeks.. Cos doc think my blood pressure will affect the baby if I drag too long.. I don't have high blood but it's borderline normal.. I'm not under medication even though doc give me.. But don't think I need to take.. I didn't take for the past one week and today tested my blood pressure is good.. But at least my umbilical cord blood resistance problem is solved..

I'm 35weeks now and bb weighs 2.4kg only.. Doc say bb will be born small frame.. But overall everything looks good for now.. At least my bb girl don't have to be born pre matured..

hi..my blood resistance also high for blood supply to the placenta...but so far the supply fr placenta to umbilical cord is ok. Doctor thinks the um. cord supply may be affected when baby grows bigger so I also may have to induce at wk 38. But he drew me a graph. He said wks 38-39 is actually the optimal time to give birth statistically. Slightly better than wks 37 and 40...

Hi Christine, I'm from oct thread. Thought of sharing my experience with u as we have similar case. I was also having high blood pressure at ard week 35 onwards. Bp was ard 140/90. By week 37, bp was 150/90 and i was induced on week 37.
Bb came out small at 2.1kg but healthy. But she had to delay her bcg jab becos of her weight. She gotta be at least 2.5 kg then can go for jab.

My BP doc say normal leh.. But he all the way tot I am taking medi to control it.. But I didn't take cos the medi cos heartburn.. And the previous nurse he had didn't take my BP properly all the while..

Hi Christine, would you be seeking a second opinion? Now I am worried. My blood pressure also on the high side. But my gynae, Prof Biswas keep saying everything is fine and say go natural birth.

My doc also say can go natural birth leh.. Provided everything goes well.. My doc still monitoring me every week.. I think by 37weeks if my blood pressure ok.. He will only ask me deliver after 38weeks..

I letting my doc decide for me leh.. Cos only he knows how bb is positioned and how well can bb perform during delivery..

hi..my blood resistance also high for blood supply to the placenta...but so far the supply fr placenta to umbilical cord is ok. Doctor thinks the um. cord supply may be affected when baby grows bigger so I also may have to induce at wk 38. But he drew me a graph. He said wks 38-39 is actually the optimal time to give birth statistically. Slightly better than wks 37 and 40...

Is it?? My doc was concern leh.. Maybe my reading was way higher.. My last visit ystd.. My doc didn't bother to check my umbilical cord alrdy.. He see I do the kick count bb doing very well and she is still growing averagely.. So doc think bb is doing fine..

Wat I'm worried is, bb movement too much could it be she is too stressful inside.. My bb movement really is non stop.. She hardly take a break... The only time I don't realise her movement is when I'm slping.. But as long as I'm awake. Her movement is Nvr ending!

Sometimes it's abit too scary and my vagina area starting to get sharp pain and abit tender alrdy. But again my doc say I'm doing fine..

Is it?? My doc was concern leh.. Maybe my reading was way higher.. My last visit ystd.. My doc didn't bother to check my umbilical cord alrdy.. He see I do the kick count bb doing very well and she is still growing averagely.. So doc think bb is doing fine..

Wat I'm worried is, bb movement too much could it be she is too stressful inside.. My bb movement really is non stop.. She hardly take a break... The only time I don't realise her movement is when I'm slping.. But as long as I'm awake. Her movement is Nvr ending!

Sometimes it's abit too scary and my vagina area starting to get sharp pain and abit tender alrdy. But again my doc say I'm doing fine..

hi christin3k, how big is yr bb when measured yesterday?
just to share, initially my bb movement harder to detect, but these 2 wks, think due to size and less room inside tummy, i can feel its movement…so much more oblivious. sometimes out of no where my bb will have big movement, which give me a startle.
think when my doctor and nurse talk abt bb movement, they always mention decrease and no movement to go in and see them, nvr abt too much movement.
hope other more experience moms can share with us on the too much movement if of concern!

hi babby I used 'baby u studio'...the couple is korean...liked their online portfolio...clean aesthetic. Yah I feel their newborn photos r even cuter...all sorts of cute hats n props...they rented a private house w a big garden at the back, got natural light. V near expo there http://www.babyu.com.sg/gallery/

hi faefever, i think babyu's photography is nice too and is considering it for my infant's photo.
are u going to make those mould for the hands and feet?

hi faefever, i think babyu's photography is nice too and is considering it for my infant's photo.
are u going to make those mould for the hands and feet?

yeah...she said mould to be done within 50 days of birth, otherwise the hand open already :) I booked a slot w her a month fr my edd...

hi christin3k, how big is yr bb when measured yesterday?
just to share, initially my bb movement harder to detect, but these 2 wks, think due to size and less room inside tummy, i can feel its movement…so much more oblivious. sometimes out of no where my bb will have big movement, which give me a startle.
think when my doctor and nurse talk abt bb movement, they always mention decrease and no movement to go in and see them, nvr abt too much movement.
hope other more experience moms can share with us on the too much movement if of concern!

Doc only measured her head and tummy... All correct sizing of 35weeks 1 day...

Doc only say bb head down.. Her movement too big until my tummy is always out of shape.. I do get sudden big movements too.. But most of the time.. The movement is pushing, wiggling,shifting.. I can feel she trying to move her hands n legs to another position all the time.. Cos her elbow and knee cap is always protruding..

I need to slowly rub my tummy and push it back.

Hi christin3k, glad your cord pressure is now back to normal. My bb is only 2kg at 36w. Doc did comment it's small but he says as long above 2kg don't need to go nicu upon delivery. Actually although a lot of babies are above 3kg these days, my gynae says good weight for natural birth is still around 2.8kg n I think if u are delivering around 37-38w it should b around that weight.

Doc only measured her head and tummy... All correct sizing of 35weeks 1 day...

Doc only say bb head down.. Her movement too big until my tummy is always out of shape.. I do get sudden big movements too.. But most of the time.. The movement is pushing, wiggling,shifting.. I can feel she trying to move her hands n legs to another position all the time.. Cos her elbow and knee cap is always protruding..

I need to slowly rub my tummy and push it back.

I think we feel it more often cos they have no space now. Sometimes I just rub my tummy abit she will also start moving. So I think it's really no space n they may also still b shifting in their sleep. Don't worry! :)

Hi christin3k, glad your cord pressure is now back to normal. My bb is only 2kg at 36w. Doc did comment it's small but he says as long above 2kg don't need to go nicu upon delivery. Actually although a lot of babies are above 3kg these days, my gynae says good weight for natural birth is still around 2.8kg n I think if u are delivering around 37-38w it should b around that weight.

Ya.. Lucky thing now everything is back to normal... I was super worried for the past one week... My hub also say maybe will be easier to pop out since bb not that big.. The rupture won't be too big. Lol! I'm hoping I can be like my mum.. She pop me out within just 6 to 7hrs.. Without painkillers.. She say she pain awhile only..

Anyways, I'm allergic to most painkillers.. And it's confirm the normal painkiller I cannot jab.. Epidural my mum dun advice... So I'm left with laughing gas.. Lol!

From the way the bb putting on the weight.. 200g every week.. She shld be around 2.8kg to 3kg by 38weeks.. :)

anyone like me? toilet is my best friend now…lol.
with the increased food intake, sometimes i have clear bowel up to 3 times a day!!! i think its a bit too much...

I think we feel it more often cos they have no space now. Sometimes I just rub my tummy abit she will also start moving. So I think it's really no space n they may also still b shifting in their sleep. Don't worry! :)

Heh.. I rub no use. My hub rub my tummy bb will move.. It's a miracle thing that bb gets lazy on Sunday.. It has been 2 Sundays that I take her kick counts and she is taking super long.. Usual days she takes only 20mins..

She seems to know Sunday is a day whereby she is suppose to get lazy... Lol... I agree indeed no space... She is shifting her legs so much.. I can feel how she move them.. But I love it somehow.. Just dun like the pressing on my bladder part.. Haha.. She press only I may get urine leakage.. It's embarrassing especially when I'm out.. I'm wearing 2 panty liners to cover the whole vagina area..

with the increased food intake, sometimes i have clear bowel up to 3 times a day!!! i think its a bit too much...

I'm the same! I dun eat much but I go toilet at least 2 times a day.. Sometimes 3 to 4 times.. Urine wise dun have to say.. It's even worse...

But after I clear my bowels I feel tummy ache instead.. It's uncomfortable.. But at least I dun feel bloated.. :)

I intake a lot of food but I don't run to the toilet.. Constipation.. Any ideas how to force the food out?

I intake a lot of food but I don't run to the toilet.. Constipation.. Any ideas how to force the food out?

I have bad constipation too. Have been taking prune juice to counter this problem else I have to spend more than an hour for every trip to the toilet.

For me taking the fish oil daily sucks...bad taste and burping for the next few hours. Heard now is crucial time for baby's brain to develop tho so no choice must continue

I have bad constipation too. Have been taking prune juice to counter this problem else I have to spend more than an hour for every trip to the toilet.

I heard taking kiwi is good... I take a lot of water.. So my constipation problem is gone..

For me taking the fish oil daily sucks...bad taste and burping for the next few hours. Heard now is crucial time for baby's brain to develop tho so no choice must continue

hi faefever, what brand of fish oil u take?
I also had the burping problem which also made me turn off. thus just switch to nordic natural prenatal dha which helps in eliminate the bk flow and bad taste.
though i read somewhere must stop fish oil nearer to EDD, due to thinning of blood, but my nurse says no problem to continue to birth.
yr dr/nurse got comment anything?

I heard taking kiwi is good... I take a lot of water.. So my constipation problem is gone..

Yup Yup, Mi heard kiwi is good too But cannot work for mi :(
Cos I have constipation problem even when I not pregnant den pregnancy make it even worst... so I have to drink prune juice alternate days... taste yucky...

Think weather also played a part. My intake of fruits n water have been consistent but recently also constipated. Probably weather getting bad n we just have to increase water intake

hi faefever, what brand of fish oil u take?
I also had the burping problem which also made me turn off. thus just switch to nordic natural prenatal dha which helps in eliminate the bk flow and bad taste.
though i read somewhere must stop fish oil nearer to EDD, due to thinning of blood, but my nurse says no problem to continue to birth.
yr dr/nurse got comment anything?

Hey babby...I take natal care triplus..it's yuck for me. I think it has been in the market for a long time. Remember when I first got them n other vitamins my mil who is a health n organic freak ask to inspect...then she declared the fish oil was the same as hers when she was preggers. Tt pisssd me off somehow, lol

I washed my baby clothes this long wkend...but haven't packed my hospital bag...can't believe the due date is so near! Am 34+ wks...how to keep calm....sad thing is my hubby on reservist last 3 wks of oct...boohoo

I washed my baby clothes this long wkend...but haven't packed my hospital bag...can't believe the due date is so near! Am 34+ wks...how to keep calm....sad thing is my hubby on reservist last 3 wks of oct...boohoo

My hub also reservist for 2 weeks.. Next week start.. And I'm delivering right after his reservist ends.. I hope.. If doc Nvr say have to deliver at 37weeks... My hub reservist won't be Affected.. So just nice he reservist finish can take 2 weeks off alrdy.. Haha..

I washed bb clothes 2 weeks back.. Cos she has got lots of clothes.. My hub's fren gave us a lot and my galfrens buy a lot also.. Still got one last batch to wash today..

Bag has been packed. I follow the hospital list but kept thinking I didn't pack all in..abit nervous.. :)

Haloo.. Mummies .. Long weekend just over ... how are you all??
Can't imagine.. i went to this Oct mummy makert fair ... 2 days ..
shop a lot ... burnt a big hole .. just for shopping bb things..
I'm in Wk32.. not yet washed bb items .. and prepared hospital bag too...
coz waiting my hubby to get an additional cabinet for my 2nd bb things ...
this coming week, will go and buy...
so far ... so good, just bb always pressed my legs.. walking a bit slow ... and pain..

Reservist can ask for deferment lah... wife in 3rd trimester and anytime can deliver.. how can he be in camp during this time

Defer alrdy have to arrange to go back again.. Very troublesome leh... My hub doesn't want it. So am I.. So hoping bb can be good enough to only come out at 38weeks.. So hub can just nice finish his 2 weeks reservist. Lol!

My hospital list:

For mummy:

1) 1 or 2 sets of front opening
pajamas
2) disposable panties
3) sanitary pad
4) disposable breast pad
5) toiletries
6) 1-2pairs of socks
7) a set of clothing worn during
discharge

For baby:

1) 2 sets of mittens
2) 2 sets of booties
2) 1 set of baby clothing

Documents:

1) all gynae visit receipts
2) marriage cert
3) IC
4) all medical report done by gynae
5) doctor's admission letter

For daddy:

1) jacket

My hub also reservist for 2 weeks.. Next week start.. And I'm delivering right after his reservist ends.. I hope.. If doc Nvr say have to deliver at 37weeks... My hub reservist won't be Affected.. So just nice he reservist finish can take 2 weeks off alrdy.. Haha..

I washed bb clothes 2 weeks back.. Cos she has got lots of clothes.. My hub's fren gave us a lot and my galfrens buy a lot also.. Still got one last batch to wash today..

Bag has been packed. I follow the hospital list but kept thinking I didn't pack all in..abit nervous.. :)
I gave only washed partial clothes.. Not yet pack the bag. What should I pack?

I gave only washed partial clothes.. Not yet pack the bag. What should I pack?

Usually the hospital u sign package with will give u a paper to tell u wat to bring leh.. I just follow wat my hospital ask me to bring.. Most of the stuff need to rent from them.. Cannot bring my own one.. So abit sian.. Need to pay extra money

Hey babby...I take natal care triplus..it's yuck for me. I think it has been in the market for a long time. Remember when I first got them n other vitamins my mil who is a health n organic freak ask to inspect...then she declared the fish oil was the same as hers when she was preggers. Tt pisssd me off somehow, lol

u make me laugh! my mil nvr fails to piss me off with her comments on diet, pregnancy and baby care too. lol…
hopefully i will still be in control and will not snap at her after the arrival of lo.

Defer alrdy have to arrange to go back again.. Very troublesome leh... My hub doesn't want it. So am I.. So hoping bb can be good enough to only come out at 38weeks.. So hub can just nice finish his 2 weeks reservist. Lol!

My hospital list:

For mummy:

1) 1 or 2 sets of front opening
pajamas
2) disposable panties
3) sanitary pad
4) disposable breast pad
5) toiletries
6) 1-2pairs of socks
7) a set of clothing worn during
discharge

For baby:

1) 2 sets of mittens
2) 2 sets of booties
2) 1 set of baby clothing

Documents:

1) all gynae visit receipts
2) marriage cert
3) IC
4) all medical report done by gynae
5) doctor's admission letter

For daddy:

1) jacket

my hub so busy…i am even charging our camera's battery & clearing the pic spaces to get ready!

my hub so busy…i am even charging our camera's battery & clearing the pic spaces to get ready!

Lol! My hub still very calm about baby's arrival.. While I'm abit nervous.. Thinking a lot of things not done.. I'm dead worried I dun have milk for bb.. Cos my bust only up half cup since 1st trimester till now.. :(

anyone starts to have milky discharge from nipples?

no but have dry white 'beads'...I have carpal tunnel syndrome...fingers v stiff every morning n now recently also in the afternoon...plus feet swelling up like pig trotters. Gynae said will subside after delivery..he not worried about either...

no but have dry white 'beads'...I have carpal tunnel syndrome...fingers v stiff every morning n now recently also in the afternoon...plus feet swelling up like pig trotters. Gynae said will subside after delivery..he not worried about either...

hi faefever, u better do some mild stretching to yr body.
when attend childbirth class, was taught to stretched fingers then relax it. try rotating yr wrist too. if now carpal tunnel it will hurt u more if u want to breastfeed.
for feet, also push it away from body then relax. need to rotate feet as well.

my feet also swell a bit…reddish like that. but my gyane does give me medicine which i don't take unless really bad.

hi faefever, u better do some mild stretching to yr body.
when attend childbirth class, was taught to stretched fingers then relax it. try rotating yr wrist too. if now carpal tunnel it will hurt u more if u want to breastfeed.
for feet, also push it away from body then relax. need to rotate feet as well.

my feet also swell a bit…reddish like that. but my gyane does give me medicine which i don't take unless really bad.

will do...thanks much! :)

Back