(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

luvbabe

my bb also have serious case of SA nowadays. When I reach home, she will cry to be carried. At night, after i put her to sleep and leave the room to do my stuff, she will wake up and cry. Thru the night, she also feel for me in semi-sleep to make sure i am there. In the morning when i leave the room, she also cry. Very sticky!

furby> That's exactly what is happening to Lucas too! Dunno why, hor? And, he only wants me and nobody else....Damn jialat!

Just to share:

1. Takashimaya Baby Fair 2011

• Dates: 9 to 28 March 2011

• Time: unavailable (last year’s fair: 10a.m. to 9.30p.m.)

• Venue: Takashimaya Singapore

2. Baby Care Festival 2011

• Dates: 18 to 20 March 2011

• Time: 11a.m. to 8p.m.

• Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 6B

• Organiser: Mother & Baby Singapore

3. Baby Expo

• Dates: 22 to 24 Apr 2011

• Time: (Fri & Sat) 11a.m. to 9p.m., (Sun) 11a.m. to 8p.m.

• Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 6A

• Organiser: Vivacious Media Pte Ltd

4. Motherhood Exhibition 2011

02 to 05 June 2011

Hall 6B Singapore Expo

Thurs to Sun

11.00am to 9.00pm

Free Admission

Hi mummies, can I check... have u all started using toothpaste on your little one? I read that shld use as soon as the first tooth sprout... but so far I have not been using cos dunno how to ask him to spit out... how ah? now he got 8tooth already... scared if dun use will get tooth decay... -_-" Then when u use toothbrush on him, u let him hold or u brush for him?

Then when we try to wean him from the milk bottle, which kind of training cup shld we start with first? The sprout one? The straw one? or those normal cups?

sorry ah.. super blur and dunno what to do... Thanks in advance!

c.yang> ya, i was curious as rachel mentioned that leah's first lang was ASL. so i went to research. but one of the NG shots showed her talking. so think she learnt to speak [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

renee's really adaptable. mattias will always look for us when he wakes up. and for afternoon naps, sometimes must lie beside him then can sleep.

luvbabe> thks for the info. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope you and lucas gets well soon.

tyl> get well soon too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SA> mattias is so funny, when it's only me and him at hm. he stick to me like glue. but when there's other people around, he wont want me. like today at peek-a-boo, he wanted andie to carry him instead of me. sighz. dunno what to do with this boy. :p

clarissa> infant toothpaste should be ok to swallow. i've been using toothpaste for mattias. he prefers to hold himself. my toothbrush has an extra long stem, so i can help to guide. but most of the time, he dont really like to brush teeth so we go bk to using finger brush. :p

for weaning from milk bottle, think you can use either of the 3 ways. of course can go direct to cup is the easiest. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] straw cleaning is a huge hassle.

Little lamb,

is it easy to train babies to search for pacifier? or as hard as trying to wean them off it?

Although I'm glad Renee never had the pacifier, I'm having a tough time weaning Renee off BF. She is quite resistant to FM, cold or warm, and hasn't taken more than 30ml at one go. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] But if i mix it with cereal, she's ok with it.

Yeah, we moved on 1 Mar... to a smaller place lah!! Super lack of storage. The wardrobe is really bursting! The hanging rail is packed from one end to the other. I already gave away 3/5 of my clothes leh. This wardrobe is just unreasonably small.

Tonight is her third night in her own room. Really no impact on her. Well, maybe she sleeps even better! She didn't really stir. Cos last time, when I walk into our room for a bath or what, she may sense it and stir.

Xin and Callalily or Firipy, too,

You gals were talking about it being pointless bringing our tods for vacations cos they are too young to remember right? But I kind of disagree. They may not remember but i think it brings them experiences and may mould their cellular memory. And, they also learn to adapt to changes in climates, time zone, environment, people, lifestyle, routine, etc. They hear different accents and all.

I recall reading 'many lives, many masters' so if we have the buildup of our past lives, why not our childhood?

Everything we show our kiddos now has an influence and purpose. So, there is value in bringing them for holidays. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

C Yang:

No no, i am a firm believer of bringing our LOs for travelling! Planning one to Switzerland in early Aug[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. Like you, i believe in exposure of different forms from a young age. Even if routine gets a little whacked the first 2 days, after that, they do adapt[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

cyang

that's the thing about paci vs breast. For my no. 1 & 2, as they were on paci, they had it until 2-3yos. It was difficult to wean them off then. As for xyii, she is on bf, so I am thinking how/when to wean off as someone mentioned by 15mths, it will be hard habit to shed. Bfing is tiring!

And the thing abt bf babies so far i notice, is that they are very particular abt other milk, as it is too close to bm. So xyii does not want to drink FM in the day when I am at work, only when we dip in biscuits. This past week, I tried to mix some choco milk with FM and she seems to like it.

c yang,

It differs from kids to kids when it comes to looking for paci at nite I guess. My galfriends dun have problems training their LOs to look for their pacis. For nat, she'll whine and whine and then sometimes, I'm just too tired to tend to her, she'll just go back to sleep after a while. But these days, early in the morning, if she wakes up and starts babbling and i dun put the paci back for her, she'll continue babbling and just stay awake. So it's either i give her the paci the moment i hear her babble, to let her go back to sleep, or I continue to let her babble till it's time to wake up. BF-ing, if extended for too long, does get hard to wean.

I've seen a lot of examples of my friends BF-ing till 2 coz' they can't seem to wean the kids off and it can be a rather painful process. Though I do believe in the benefits of BM but I think after a year, it really has become more of a habit than nutrients.

Hello!

C.Yang

i agree with you about the holidays bit too (not that i'm bringing my 2As on holidays. perenially broke after reno, moving house). For sure it'll give them a good exposure. But I guess for those who can't afford to take many holidays (like me), I content with bringing my kids outdoors as much as possible.

How come you moved to a smaller unit? Nearer to your hb's workplace?

Furby

You mean xyii even rejects BM if your helper takes care of her in the day? Wow, she's really a toughie! :D A drank two feeds of Friso 2 weeks ago & I was so thrilled! coz she never drinks if I'm the one feeding the bottle. But my thrill was short lived. Those were the ONLY 2 times she drank. After that, I give up. I've placed the can of Friso at my mom's coz that's the only place she'll drink FM in the day.

Oh ya, do you have days when you feel your breasts are full with milk although our kids are drinking less now? On a few occasions, I felt my breasts getting full with milk and once it almost leaked when i was in a meeting.

smalldreams

actually the situation started when she suddenly decided she did not like the milk bottle overnight at about 10mths. So we tried to put bm in spout cup, she didn't like that and we keep throwing away the bm. I decided then to stop pumping, and intro FM/milk in daytime, but so far she doesn't like any brand.

Nowadays the breast is pretty comfy, it has settled into a schedule i describe as erratic. Yes, erratic schedule as the breasts is amazing thing. The occassional time is on Mondays, after a weekend of bm buffet. But so far no real leak. But i would want to wean off soon mainly because i feel tired.

Sp> pls chk ur email.

I wanted to go switz for a made in switz baby in aug. But alr gone to Sydney so no money liaoz. N further reason in reply to cyang.

C.yang> ya, I do believe tt e exp will somehow stick. But jus thinkg if it's worth e effort. Maybe it's terrible coz my 'big boy' cant cope with time diff plus e needs of a baby?

Smalldreams> sometimes I do feel e breasts like bursting when we go out for a long time n I don't feed him but most of e it's ok. Think when I go bk to work then will feel e full impact.

Furby> u tried fresh milk? Easier n cheaper too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

yang, I wanna bring A to china leh, I tink its an exp for me n hb to learn hw to care for him n also to let A exp. He is very adaptable I must say, he had been going for staycations n also ard my ils n my parent's.

job: the company I turn down offer, counter offer me a 10% more pay than wat they propose n 2 days more leave....they say with me as additional headcount then no need ot ald...I was wondering if I shld jus take the job, nt happy then find again, since I got no plans for #2 till yr end or next yr

Xin

I think for you, you'll feel it even more... :D

Standby breast pads. Or worse come to worse, just squeeze in the washroom, hehe.

Firipy

If you have a good child care arrangement, I think u might want to try for the job. Who's taking care of A when you work? yr MIL again?

Furby

wud a straw cup help? then again, when the time comes it'll just happen..hehehe hang in there :D

I think I'll wean A at abt 2 yrs old, just like her bro.

smalldreams, nice bumping into u ytd heheh! My mum wld go to my plc to look after A, mil wld come in some evenings to take over when my mum go for her hobby class. My ex-coll kept telling me its very shitty over there but hor wat job is nt shitty??? Else dun tink they need new staff rite?

xin>you planning to pump at work?

u introduced fresh milk to mattias? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

firipy>wah, that company must really want you. If no OT, not bad leh. Can consider trying esp if your care arrangements for Ayden is ok bah

mindy>I've given ayden fresh milk on occasion. No issues for him but then he is ok with all brands of milk powder.

Personally, I wouldn't give HL milk as the babies need full-cream milk.

Tyl> hb don't wan give fresh milk leh. I won't pump lah. Will wean him or jus give e morn n nite feed.

Smalldreams> my supply not alot so hope will b ok. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xin>then give fm lor. your hubby tried feeding mattias le? no issues? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dear all mummies

Need your advise. Anyone have send their babies to childcare centre so far? I intend to put my gal when she turn 24 months. But then i'm not so sure should i put her at 18 months as advise by one of my friends. She told me if sending during 2 yrs old, she will cry and vomit like her girl.

Any recommendation of childcare in the east or north?

tyl, got ot also n they moving to changi bizpark, so I turn dwn the offer oso.....The search for job continues....

C.Yang : Glad that Renee more to her room without a problem , she is really independent! For me, I still cannot bear to think about leaving Arwen in her room. Even as she sleeps in her own cot in my room, I still miss her in my bed but she is growing too big for my bed liao . My in laws keep asking me why she don't sleep in her own room! My sister in law who gave birth to a cute boy , he sleeps in his room from day one! I think I will let my children sleep with me as long as they want and leave the other room for "recreational" purposes *wink

Travel : I travel with A to Beijing, Singapore , France and Tokyo. My verdict is mix, I always felt sorry for Arwen when her sleep pattern is disrupted and I tend to be very anxious not to tired her out but she is always so happy when we bring her overseas, she will laugh, point here and there , be propped up in her stroller, her mind soaking everything in. She was tired sometimes but all the new things, made her so alive. So I do think traveling young is good for them but not too often ,maybe once a year is good. Enjoy your upcoming holidays mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Being a SAHM or SAHD overseas , from my personal experience, one needs to be very mature about things, one must understand sacrifices both parties made for it to happen. I will on and off remind DH I miss my family a lot and what is the use of having a lot of money but no dear ones around. I do understand DH works his ass off to give me and Arwen a very comfortable lifestyle and he is doing his best. But it is only until I have Arwen, I really understand what sacrifice means. This trip back from Singapore, at the airport, I cried in front of my family. I never cried in front of them before. I felt so so sad to say goodbye because I know unlike last time when I am childless, I can go back 3 times a year easily. Now with A, I simply cannot afford 3 trips a year, 2 trips can lah but it is still a sum of money. Even if I have the kind of money to fly in and out , I must think for the future, I must save for my children's future.

Staying overseas for a few years though can be liberating. I was in Oman for 2 years, then South Korea for 2 and half. I must say because I do not know the language at all well, I hear less stuff and my mind is much clearer and less cluttered. I never am more focus before because there is nothing or any obligation to distract me. In China, cos I know the language, it can be nice for a change but I felt more tired and mind is filled with more things as I need to run this household cos DH dun know Chinese well. Still, being able to decide solely how to raise Arwen quite an experience. Also no in laws or parental obligations for awhile can be nice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lamb: Same lah, Arwen always cannot find paci one, we so use to it liao, will just wake up and hunt it for her.I like pac clip and it is not that easy to strangulate lah, quite short one lah but I dun use it cos no point also, Arwen still cannot find her pac even with it!

Today A damn funny. Me and nanny were in the bathroom preparing her bath and A was outside the living room watching TV for a while. about 30 sec, we came to get her but she is not there! We panic and search and then to our amusement, she is hiding behind the speaker peeking at us! The speaker is quite tall and broad and half block by my plant so we cannot see her . My goodness! I did not know babies can play hide and seek so fast!

jessie>thanks for sharing about your experiences overseas. Its definitely not an easy decision esp for hubby who has to put his career on hold. Still, I'm hoping the interview next week goes well as its a chance for Ayden to be exposed to different cultures and hopefully escape the stresses in singapore. We both want something more for him if possible.

http://www.colinandyenyen.com/wordpress/paved-with-good-intentions/ is v well written and good food for thought

jessie,

Arwen's super cute. I would have laughed myself silly too. Nat does things that amuses us sometimes. I do agree with you on the sacrificing bit and we somehow dun realize it until we get here. Today, I had one of those days in china again ... usually, it wudn't hit me because I am just so immuned. But for some reason ... it just decided to matter to me today.

I was at the supermarket doing my grocery shopping and I saw this cleaning lady going about clearing the bins. Well, that isn't anything abnormal, which is fine. But what upsetted me big time was that she used the shopping trolley to load the bags and bags of rubbish!!! The very same trolley we use for our fresh produce, the very same trolley that we place our kids in. And there she was, using it to store her bags and bags of rubbish collected from the bin! And there I was ... appalled but wondering, should I go question her why she was doing that ... but I didn't, half thinking I should come back home, give their customer service a call and feedback.

Then, I was at the customer service counter redeeming some items. I asked the customer service lady who was on duty when is the due date of the redemption. She replied me curtly, not even maintaining eye contact that I can refer to the piece of paper. HALLO?! You are customer service. I have spent a great deal of money at your supermarket to be able to make this redemption and here you are ... talking to me in this manner?!

Again ... this is just one of those things that happens everywhere and everyday here and why did it just affect me so badly this time round? Maybe deep down, I fear that raising Nat here ... she'll grow to become one of them, just taking the day as it comes, no pride in whatever she does. At least you know that at the end of the day, you guys will still return to France. For us, it's gonna be a while before that happens and meanwhile, I ask myself ... is this really the place I wanna raise Nat in. Yes, better quality of life compared to back in Singapore, we can afford car rentals, better quality of food, better living conditions. And DH the other day ... was just sharing with me his reasons for wanting to put Nat through local school.

He thinks that Nat should mingle with the locals so that she can toughen herself up. I do agree with that as I must say that local kids can be really tough. I had my fair share of experiences in the playground. But what if she picks up bad habits too? Anyway ... it's a topic worth debating over as there are indeed pros and cons living in a culturally different city from home. Ultimately, it all boils down to our priorities.

It's not really a bed of roses like what everyone thinks. Like you said, it comes with a lot of sacrifices. The other day, my bestie shared with me that she thinks this is good training for us as parents because we learn to be independent and manage everything on our own. Our kids bond really well with us because she has just us to depend on, not a maid or a grandparent. So for DH, I dare say Nat is very close to him even if he goes on his business trips often. Some days, when he's not at home, she'll go around his usual spots like study to look for him calling 'ba ba'.

She gets thrilled everytime the door opens and her Ba Ba appears. It just makes everything so worthwhile.

Hi all, manage to peep into the forum while my joey is napping... I really envy Sham who can see how their lo progress each day...life in s'pore is tough but compare to jap - I feel tat women here are more fortunate. Over there, childcare centre is x and distance away... Imagine, yr man had to earn the bread every mth and u hav to prepare 3 meals a day, budgeting and etc...in a male dominant society...I sure can't take it.

Though, life and other etc things can be quite irritating here. It really depend on our mental capacity & maturity in handling e stressor. Sometimes, I will go berserk wif things tat over filled me. ...more over, hubby's family are so conservative every little bit of things will comment especially his maternal side those ah Yi...eg. Busy coaxing joey to have her dinner and didn't go around entertain them also complaint to my mil who pass message to hubby. ..Feel like telling them off and sil younger than me also sickening always address me as 'a or ei' told hubb

y but he had this habit of covering his own family n sibling etc. I juz let it be no pt bearing grudge...so jessie & cyang, I really can't imagine myself away frm family...

Smalldreams,

Same as u sometimes feel tat breasts are full of BM n like exploding! So glad I'm normal n not the only one who feel this way... Now tat my boy drinks less, I already reduced pumping in Offiz n thinking of how to stop pumping n how to wean him n intro formula. Getting tired but then a bit 'sher bu de' do u feel the same ?

kokamee, smalldreams

though I don't get engorgement even after a long time of no feeding, I suspect that's because I have not been feeding enough to bb, maybe below the optimum amt of milk all along, that's why she is not chubby.

Yah, I also shu bu der about stopping since now it is so comfortable. The tired part is her habit of waking up a few times thru the night to latch. I don't get good sleep!

Lamb

I am curious as to what line is your hub doing? what was the circumstance that brought you there, and for how long already? Just wondering since you mentioned about the sacrifice of being away as a trailing wife. My relative is also in Shanghai for 3 years, kids attending SSIS. From the look at it, the kids are well spoken and I really like their proper chinese accent! Other friends have been there almost 8 years thinking of leaving, they do not have kids but have enough of the city and pollution.

furby,

It's been a quiet weekend. Guess mommies have been bringing their LOs out having fun. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] DH is working in the technology/IT sector doing marketing. He's been in China for coming to 8 years. I only joined him in 06. So have been here for about 5 years already.

Yes, the Singaporean kids here speak really good mandarin and sometimes, I can't even tell they're Singaporeans until their parents speak to them in the typical singaporean mandarin. Ha. SSIS is not exactly the best option available. In fact, there are better schools. SSIS' location also is a disadvantage to a lot of us living in town area. School bus journey will take an hour or so? If it's the bigger campus, that is.

As for pollution, I have resigned to the fate that as long as Nat starts her childhood here, she's gotta be prepared to face health issues when she grows up. The water (think level of toxins), the food (think amount of chemicals used in fresh produce), the air??? (dun get me started). My mommy frens and i always joke that by living here long enough, our lives will be shortened by a few years too, given the type of food we eat, water we drink. Dun get me wrong, I am not against this city totally. Shanghai is already considered one of the best compared to other cities in China. But the sacrifices I have mentioned earlier, are the same sorta sacrifices that Jessie has mentioned, being away from family and close friends.

Dealt with 2 bad news these few days. Confirmed tt mattias has thalessemia and sleep apnea. Now doc rec surgery for sleep apnea. But it's not a 100% thg. V dilemma abt whether to go for op. Sigh.

Hi all, really wanna "capsize".....A got this sprouting "cough" abt 2 weeks ago, I saw it coming, trying very hard to prevent it, gave him some med fr last time, he din cough in the end. Who knows he caught the bug last week cos my inlaws are all sick. I caught the bug too fr caring for the lil fella. With hb on reservists, mum out to do her usual in evening n dad working, inlaws sick....so tired!

xin,

Is his sleep apnea serious until have to do surgery? I know of many adults who have sleep apnea too and they go along fine. Maybe do some reading up first before making the decision. As for thalessemia, i suppose you can't do anything about it right? *hugs* I know it's easy for others to tell you to cheer up but being the child's mom yourself, it's not easy. Lately, I read about a mom's story whose child was diagnosed with kidney disorder, the kinda pain she had to go through.

I mean, here we are, so worried each time our child falls sick but when it comes to chronic diseases, parents have it way worse. And then I think to myself ... that we're truly blessed. So brace yourself of what's to come, k? Do some reading up before deciding to go for the surgery or not.

xin>oh no. what did the doctor advice? hugs. I hope its thalessemia minor. as for the sleep apnea, maybe can don't go for op if its not major?

hi mommies...got a nagging issue to check with u. mommies with facebook, anyone has Little Angel's Land in their contacts? this is my experience. ive been buying from this profile kiddy clothes and so far so good. recently, i ordered two pre-order items, one eta end march, the othe eta in may. so i decided to check on my order. i browsed and couldnt find the user. then i retrieved my past emails with this user, the profile no longer has a profile pic amd i cant click on the user nick to link to its page. im sure im not the only one buying from this user as i saw many had ordered tge same stuffs. so i was wondering anyone is in the same situation as me? i do not want to think the worse but it seem thst the person has deregistered..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

xin : So sorry to hear that... but knowledge is power, the more you read and research , the less you will feel afraid. Yes, I have friends who have thalessemia but it doesn't seems to bother them one bit or their lifestyle.

As for sleep apnea, how serious is his and what is the % of success ? Like if operated, will it be back?

Take your time, to clear your emotions first , then one week to do your research. Is Matthias not sleeping well at all?

I remember having the feeling the floor beneath my feet suddenly just give way when I heard doc said Arwen may have asthma last Oct. The doc said it was too early to give a pernament diagnosis yet but I know how it is like to have asthma and now Arwen have it too... but I calm down, stop blaming myself for my poor genes ( I have asthma too) and focus on making sure I take all precaution not to trigger an attack. I read a lot a lot and in the end, when she had the second attack, I know what to do and manage to control the attack in time.

xin

sorry to hear that. Let it sink in, and calm down, and like what jessie say, do lots of research. Then your mind and heart will be clearer of what's the next step.

firipy

oh no, so many of you sick. I know how its like to fall sick as a mum, it't the last thing we want, worse is, others also sick, can't help. You know, after I became mummy, i then understand how much sacrifice our mums did for us.

Hi furby

Maybe u can try to increase your baby's 3 solid feeds in the day n also last milk feed so tat your baby takes all his nutrients in the day n will wake up less in the nite to make up for it ? Increase his last milk feed will also help him last longer in the nite.

Or maybe now your baby is teething ? They tend to wake up more during teething period.

Hi xin,

Suggest u go for 2nd or even 3rd opinion before u decide whether to do the ops as diff docs hv diff experience n encounters n who knows might not even hv to do ops !

Juz to give u some encouragement, after I gave birth to no. 1 abt 6mths later I went bck for check up n scan n my gynae say tat I got a big fibroid abt 4cm n need to go for ops to remove it ! I was quite lost cos I juz gave birth n still hv not recovered n still hv to go for ops ? So I decided to go for 2nd opinion n the 2nd gynae with diff experience n encounters saw my reports n said there's no need to go for ops ! He said my fibroid is only 4cm but he has seen others with 9cm n still give birth to a healthy baby !

He suggested tat I quickly give birth to 2nd baby n then monitor again n who knows the fibroid might disappear or shrinks n i dun hv to do ops !

And so I decided to take his advise n delivered my no. 2 n true enuf my fibroid shrinked n I dun hv to do ops !

But I'm not saying my 1st gynae is wrong saying I must do ops as he has diff views n experience. To him safety n avoid risk for the patients is his main concern as he's worried tat if I get preg before removing it the fibroid might grow bigger w the baby due to hormone changes n will post a threat to the baby causing higher risk. He's right as well.

So the decision is up to me to decide whether to remove before I get preg w no. 2 or take risk to quickly deliver no. 2 before it get worst. I chose to go w 2nd gynae's opinion.

It's always good to hear diff doctors views before making decision.

Xin, i agree with Wat the rest of the gals said. Get 2nd opinion, see Wat r Ur options. Need some time to overcome the news, n understand the situation etc. I pray n hope for Matt tat his case Is really mild, *hugz*. Furby, Yah i only truly appreciate my MUM after becoming 1 myself, its Not only the physical pain we go thru, its the "pyschological sacrifices" as well. I feel tat mums r usually the ones that really put their family b4 themselves as compared to men

Thanks mummies, the thalessemia is minor. so not so big deal. just next time must be careful when choosing a wife. :p

looking back, I thank God for the blood in stools issue, that led us to test his blood, discovered his low blood count and leading us to do a test for thalessemia. It's quite important coz we donated his cord blood to the public blood bank. have to call them to let them know this new finding.

as for sleep apnea, we did a sleep study already and the result is severe sleep apnea. if do another one will be another $2k. :p. we're going to see the surgeon today. in a way it's a 2nd opinion as it's a different doc and he deals with pediatric patients too.

not sure if i posted, but i've always noticed that mattias will start yawning and rubbing his eyes, looking tired, the moment he wakes up and throughout his waking moments. been thinking about his quality of sleep for a long time. since young, can hear him snoring too.

just read that excessive sweating is a sign of sleep apnea too. and tt's exactly the case for Mattias, he can wake up in a patch of sweat.

just read up on the surgery, Adenotonsillectomy and seems like last time, alot of people just went for it even without any real medical reason. it's not really invasive and seems to have little side effects.

but having undergone 2 surgeries myself, though the problem areas got corrected but one left me with weak and scarred muscles, another caused my nerve at my chin to be damaged. I feel really relunctant to let Mattias go through a surgery, there'll definitely be some scar tissues somewhere.

If left untreated, he might grow less, have poorer memory, be ADHD and in future develop hypertension or heart diseases.

But I thank God that this is not some life-threatening disease. Or like littlelamb mentioned, something bigger like kidney failure.

still praying very hard that God will lead us in desicion making. Only He knows what the future holds and He is Mattias' creator, so He knows best. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pauline> thks for the link. CGH quite nearby, see today's doc visit how, the consider to go down. think ped and adult treatment for sleep apnea quite different.

jessie> dont blame yourself. like that alot of people wont have any children liaoz. that day my friend sharing about how 2 thal minor parents had a thal minor child. so they try for 2nd one and tested for thal major. in the end aborted, really sad.

be strong for arwen. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] pray that she outgrows it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kokamee> ya, 2nd opinion very impt. best to avoid surgery if possible. my maid's daughter nearly got her whole womb removed coz of fibroids. her bf even left her coz of it. then she went for 2nd opinion and doc say dont need. thank God.

firipy> get well soon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xin>hugs. I'm sure Mattias will be ok. Be strong. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lsntyl - Thanks for sharing with us the info. Scary indeed. Sometimes I wonder if these vaccines go through QC. Previously, rotarix also right? Nat went for her prevnar booster already. The paed asked me if wanna take chickenpox vaccine together, i decided to wait for next round. Guess we better do it one by one from now onwards.

Back