(2013/05) May 2013

leyash : i think can air dry or sun the pocket diaper if bb didn't poo on it.. just change the insert. so maybe when sun-ing one, use another fresh one, and when bb pee on the fresh one, sun it and use back the one that is being sun-ed w a fresh insert. Anyway, i believe the modern cloth diaper can hold quite a few rounds of pee.. unlike those that you have to fold. of cuz, end of the day still gotta wash the whole thing.

tsm : marriage cert is only for birth registration and baby bonus right? won't affect anything else i suppose? cuz i'm single... =.=

marriage cert: must bring original ah? Jia lat. mine roll up n put inside the precious moment container. LOL!!

Still headache over taking maternity shoots. saw pple took so nice.. especially those a bit nude nude de! LOL! if the photographer is a guy, my hubby sure don allow de lo!! =(

just saw Gynae today. baby is 1.6kg at 30wks, has turned head down (for now) and I've gained 8kg... *gulp* also got 'scolded' by Gynae when he saw my stretch marks..say got 'expert here but nv ask' coz I told him I'm currently using bio-oil and he said he nv heard of it before. haha end up I bought stretch mark cream from him coz I'm frantically trying everything nw (Clarins cream & bio-oil). haha

Irene - thanks! I also think I'm unlikely to continue using clothe diapers after CL leaves unless want to be hero. haha. will go spring maternity at Nex this Sat to take a look at the modern diapers..they shld have I think.

Re: Pumping pal shield
Ehh, is it necessary to get the shields? I thought just get the hands-free strap can liaos? very lost..my Medela PISA pump will be sent by courier tmr. thinking if I shld add on the pumping pal handsfree strap and shield to my order to save on delivery cost.

Goodness i have this loud hailer colleague in the office who keep broadcasting to ppl abt my pregnancy. No wonder every tom dick and harry know. .if i didnt stop her just now, the whole hongkong office will also know..kaoz

marriage cert: Vicvic, ya the m/cert is for birth registration but i dunno abt baby bonus...
Xuan, original copy needed. Mine oso has been keep in my hubby's safety box, have to ask him to take out for me le.

tsm : ok. just to double confirm. haha later they say no marriage cert can't claim medisave or can't this can't that. then troublesome... as much as i know, the cert is only for birth registration purpose if you are going to register bb's birth at hosp. bb bonus wise, im not sure. i only know that my bb is not entitled to a single cent. boohoo.

btw, you book parkway east too right? any idea what they will provide when we discharge?

sleepyskies: ya I saw u order from the BP. I bought from her too and just rec'd it in my office just now. I bought the shield cos it looks useful from video eh. not a must to buy if u don want.

*cries* having heartburn now again. burping n burping. like gonna vomit anytime again =( sizn 1/2!

tsm: must bring when enter hospital or when making baby's birth cert? How much time are we given to do the birth cert ah? 2weeks right??

Jill: ya..if people ask, i wil acknowledge. But no need to broadcast..she will say "you dont make jc angry ah..later she give birth on the spot" or " nvm lah you left a few more months" than this will prompt people to ask

Than just now we having a VC with HK office with all the bosses and marketing and she just shouted and wanted to say..than i say no need to annouce lah pls

Xuan: yup, births should be registered within 14 days from the date of birth. I wil bring along coz registration will be done at Parkway East, dun need go ICA ar.

Vivic: The "tourguide" during the maternity tour has told us wat will be given to us when discharge but i forget le, only can remember a baby bath tub ...

JC: I know what you mean. I have people announcing for me too. Sometimes i take it to my advantage. i will tell my colleague that i am pregnant dangerous to go for event, too many people already. I am going siam those late night events. I will be too tired le.

Sleepskyies: what is the brand of the stretch cream ar? i have a coca butter or something but i really dislike the smell. I do not know what other brand to use already and have not be using. so fast baby turn head down liao ar? i thought is only when want to deliver then turn? oh gosh i really has no cue what to expect in the upcoming weeks. hahaa.. excited and frightened at the same time...

Nipple cream:
Anyone has any suggestions for nipple cream? i was told that need to start applying so that it will not be too dry when we want to bf.

Me also having heartburn...
sad.gif
feel so bloated and keep feeling full but yet feel like eating.

vicvic, ya, ur baby nt entitled to anything and you are not entitled to 4 mths maternity leave oso without tt marriage cert. Think u are entitled to 2 mths from the company though.

M using Claris for the stretch mark cream but like no use cause i already ve alot of stretch mark from No 1.

sad.gif

JC - hahha my colleagues say the same thing too! if some speak too loudly or say 'wah lau' those stuff, my colleague will say 'eh! don't say that in front of bb!' or 'we have a pregnant woman here, don't....' but coz I'm close to those colleagues so I just laugh it off. but some aunties v.kapo so I don't really like to talk to them abt my pregnancy. even before I announced my pregnancy, 1 of those aunties was already 'eyeing' me and asking ard if I'm pregnant. faint...what has it got to so with her?!

Xuan - you also bought frm megababy store? I'll add the pumping pal handsfree strap and shield to my order. might as well make use of the free courier. I'm having abit of heartburn at night too..keep burping and sometimes the food smell/taste comes up and I feel like puking.
sad.gif

Min - the stretch mark cream is some unheard of brand called Percutalfa but since Gynae says he's the expert and I need help so just buy! LOL. I've been using Clarins since start of 2nd tri but coz I thought stretch marks only formed at the top and sides, I neglected the bottom of the bump..end up that's where all the stretch marks are hiding! hopefully gynae's cream helps... I nv expect bb to turn down so fast also coz all along she's in breech position until today! but doc says bb can turn again so I won't be happy too fast. haha.

tsm, haha ya i only remember you and pinktulip choosing Parkway East. Have you stayed there before? This is your #2 issit? I booked single bedder. Don't know if can get or not though. For #1 i stay Mount A, this time try Parkway East as it's nearer to my mum's place so she and my #1 can visit me. My gynae is Dr Poon King Fu.

Min, i think you can apply the nipple cream soon le. Can't remember when i started applying for my #1 though but i will just apply nearer to EDD whenever i remember. I think the brand of the nipple cream doesn't matter. I bought Lansinoh nipple cream this time from agape BP instead of medela nipple cream as it's cheaper. I eat only 1 tablet of utrogestan every night. By right morning supposed to take also but nvr heh.

Just for info. Hospital charges administration fee if u register bb birth cert at the hospital.
Ica do birth cert is actually quite fast.
I wanna let shifu calculate so will register at ica

Vicvic: then u hv to go labour alone?? So brave!

Fool4love, same here. Heartburn, bloating, burping. Suffering
sad.gif

Have to eat smaller, frequent meal. 5-6 small meals per day instead of 3 normal meals. Digestion is very slow at 3rd trimester.

nipple cream: im using avent the cream is not thick. i used before medela one dont quite like cus its thick. i felt

sleepyskies: u can get 2nd hand the handsfree strap. i suggest u use the strap first then see got a need to buy the shield lo?

Min: baby clothinges soak in the water n srub can le. no need to use washing machine unless alot. hehe

sleepyskies: yup. I bought from megababy. just order ytd and rec'd the courier to my office today afternoon. need it the handsfree for pumping in office leh. if not how to work. lol!!

Debbie: u booked your bed already? I also. they just ask me where and how many beded only. the rest they will do for us right? so, we can start applying the nipple cream already? my nips have white white substance that solidify at one side of my neh neh eh. is it normal?

2Ks: same! I'm gonna let master count after bb come out.

meiliew: i bought the medela nipple cream too.

Debbie: The cloth diapers will be handle by my helper so I will teach her how to wash. If not go back work got to change back to disposable.

sleepyskies: I brought a dozen of old and modern diapers in case.

XuaN: for pump, better try only after week 37 as it will caused contraction. I also hasn't tried mine. Wait till full term then try better. Can forced baby to own self come out. hahaha

nipple cream: I only brought pigeon nipple cream to try. Might change if not good. Another way to prevent crack is to don't use soap to clean your nipple. Heard the aerola will own self produce a moisturizer layer for your nipple that will prevent cracks.

Griny: Are you around? Wanna find out how is your visit to dr. heehee Hope to heard from you soon

Eva: yup. Just now ask my hubby try out the pump see if its working. Costs brand new I haven't try. Hahaha. And it works. Gt pump sound and air. Haha. I don dare do anything to my breast now. My hubby was saying:"try on my neh neh la. I help u get the suction...!" I was like (-.-!) lol. I told hi, he too flat. Lol!

XuaN: your hubby so cute! Maybe I can ask my hubby to test too. He went around telling about he will feed my baby breast milk next time then people ask you got breast meh. LOL Maybe can huh? LOL

What pump u brought? Good suction?? LOL

Morn,

Wanna chk with mummies if ya've secured ur bb's pd at the hospital alr? Any rec on pdattmc? Cozthe prev pd rec by the gyn left ler..

Another thg's, cantake cordyceps during confinement?

If there's leftover fish oil capsules,can still consume right? Gd to consume western stuff wif the herbs n all during confinement??

cannot try the suction on mummies yah!..i think will trigger labour or something.

i also haven't try the pump. will try on my hubby coz he got man boobs..hahahhhah

NUH can do the registration even after discharge but within certain # of days. I not calculating the name liao...haha..already got a tentative name but must wait for bb to come out to see got 'feeling' a not..hahaha

if go ICA do, can shun pian do passport also right?

I also heard dun use soap on the nipple areas from late 3rd trimester. I bought earth mama nipple cream. It says dun even need to wash off before nursing. Sounds good and safe.

Xuan, your hubby darn funny lol.

JC you so fast wanna do passport for baby! But yeah think can shunbian do.

Pumping pal/hands free kit
I'm thinking to use Simple Wishes hands free bra instead, any mummies using that?

Bbkk, use water and cloth able to clean off? Not using soap is more for not drying up the area so can prevent sore and cracked nipples I think. Maybe dun use soap everyday.

Chiro, I think Handfree bra very troublesome. End up u will need to keep wearing that bra in order to pump out. I prefer braless when pumping.

JC, u can do passport at ICA, but I feel is too early to do, at most u are traveling when bb is 1yo, hence if u do now u are wasting one year validity.

Eva: I bought Medela PISA loh. haha. Cos I told my hubby, my thread's mommies said don't do anything to 'agitated' my breast now. leave it a lone. Asked him just plug in see if the pump got work a not and got air suction a not. LOL! then he said wow the pump sound like scary...maybe can pump his neh neh to try since cannot use on mine for now. I was Laughing out loud.

Bbkk: I also have white residue on my nipples now eh. I don dare to wash with soap since u all said don touch it? I will clean with plain water...?

JC: that's why my hubby said try on him lorh. LOL! Lame right this guy (-_-!!) LOL! I'm gonna tell my hubby tonight liao. Said he has given my thread mommies the idea to try on all hubbies. WHAAHHAHA =X

rejoy28 : yea i know. single mum = no support frm govt and still have to endure ppl judging you with colored glasses.

2Ks : yea alone. to think of it, quite scary ah? haha. don't know what will happen.

Maternity Shoots: Sorry mommies. That time some of u mention about this very NICE lady who do maternity & NB shoots. What is the company name again ah? can I have the email address or smtg?

I also got some solidify items on my nipple i think our breast is working on breast feeding already ahaha. the nurse at the breast feeding counselling workshop mentioned not to use soap to clean our nipple now cos it will make it more dry. Just clean with clear water.

I shall go and get some nipple cream tonight. and find another stretch cream, really cannot stand the coca butter - i smell like chocolate now hahaha.

Min: you can try Elancyl (green bottle) from Watson. It smells pretty good. and till date I don't have stretch marks from using it. u can try. Before using Elcanyl, i use coca butter too but I can't stand the stickiness and smell too! YUCK!

Vicvic: today papers shared that unwed mothers also hv extra child care leaves. Maternity leave still only 2 months.
I find that u r very brave!!! Its not an easy task without anyone supporting.
But dont worry! U hv all of us here!! Are u in our fb group already??

Cloth nappies,
I used the traditional cloth nappies for my #1 when my CL was around. But I could not sustain after she left, felt to tiring to wash, dry and fold the nappies, I stop cloth diapering after 3 days. I won’t be using cloth diapers this time round, too much work.

Documents
The birth registration and bb bonus application can be done at the same time either at hospital or ICA. Hospital is more expensive bcos they hav an admin fee on top of the registration fee. We did our #1 at ICA, very fast and no queue that time. We brought my marriage cert, ic and and bank account no for both application.

Min,
I previously used Avent one which was quite gd. This time I bought Medela purelan, have not tried it so not sure gd or not. Can start applying liao to moisturise it and to prepare it for bf.

Eva,
I’m here! I din check out the forum yesterday, was bz at work and my gynae appt was at evening. He brought up the hospital stay to me before I want to talk to him about it. I asked me if I could deliver at TMC this time round instead of Mt A. The I asked him, he delivered at Mt A the previous round why this time cannot. He told me abt the bad carpark queue during peak hours at Mt A due to carpark reno. His concern is what if he is stuck at the queue and cannot deliver on time. Then I told him, I really hope to deliver at Mt A. He then gave me option that if I really want Mt A, I need to be induced on a weekend so that he can deliver on Sunday which is not so crowded. If I don’t want to be induced, then I have to go TMC. I don’t really feel like inducing, so I am caught in a dilemma. I told him, I will discuss with my hubby and let him know during my next visit.

Xuan,
I tried the pump suction of your thigh. Maybe u can try too.. Btw, I did my maternity shoot at Cottony Photography. Photographer is Era. U can google it for the website. I think some of the mummies here find the photos too sexy liao.

JC,
U can do passport once your bb got birth cert.

Thanks Xuan and Jill. I shall try out the Elancyl - checked out the website, it looks good
happy.gif

vicvic: Jia you, you are a brave mummy, i am sure all will turn out fine
happy.gif

2Ks : yup i read abt it on Yahoo news yesterday. Like finally, the govt is willing to do smth. I know as a single mum, we can't expect govt to give us the same benefit since it is to encourage ppl to get married and have children. but at least, a lil bit of benefit is better than nothing. at least won't feel like being left out. I'm not in fb group yet, but requested to join. ;)

is nipple cream really essential? can do without?

vicvic: jiayou!! you have us here!!^^

griny: got sexy sample of yourself to share share with me a not? LOL!! like pm me or smtg i don mind!! hahah! i wanna take sexy sexy de also leh. My dumb hubby don allow. he said:"SO NAKED!!! Give pple see. come come...i take for u la." I tell him forget it. his photography skill sucks. LOL!

Vicvic, yeah you have us here for support. Brave mummy, jiayou! =)

Nipple cream
I believe it's optional. After breast feeding can express some milk to rub on the nipples, it has natural soothing properties.

hi mummies... MIA for so long... my daughter hospitalized for 4 days.. rotavirus and bacteria infection... 1 day LS min 10 - 15 times... was put on drip... and i'm super tired out from taking care of her in hospital... need to bedrest bt never bedrest at all... finally ydae discharge, i went home, lie down and i cried buckets cos my back super pain and plenty of contractions... so scared will go into labour... faster took med and sleep... tired to the max... hubby taking additional leave to take care of me now... haiz... anyway, can help vote for my daughter please...

http://bit.ly/YeRZDO

Thanks mummies for the support. We all jia you tgt! =D

Chiro : i see. Maybe after giving birth then i get if i need. use milk to sooth first and see if it helps.

Vicvic: I saw your request and added u in.
I would say standby one nipple cream. Cos first few days u might not hv even droplets of milk to apply on nipple.
But of cos its up to individual.
Did u engage a CL?

Back