(2008/07) July 2008

bbG excuse me ... errrm 5 weeks only lo! if i am big then i cannot imagine me being errrm 40 weeks preggie!!!! but maybe if u look hard enough u will see a bloated tummy *yucks*

ILs, I think i am more fortunate. Hubby always ask me for permission. But wait, i think its all the training i have given him. Nowadays, he will always ask me for permission to play golf on weekends :p. if i say no (with reason) he will not go. So its not bad! Good training i have given for the past 3 years!

Oops, I just opened some floodgates didn't I?

do1nk,
Pepper's mostly pomeranian - I think she's mixed. Origins are unknown cos she was the offspring of my cousin's husband's family dog. Declan likes to disturb her at times, so Pepper has her way by licking him non-stop at times. I just teach Declan to say no and push Pepper away, but you know this kiddo right... the No is totally non-authoritative and the push so soft. Haha, Declan has to learn..

Cellow,
I do not have discussions with hubby in front of in-laws. If he starts, I will reply "I will talk to you later". If he still doesn't get it, I will continue with a "I SAID I will talk to you later on this."

Jacelyn,
3 years of training only? I've been with my hubby far longer than that, and he is as obstinate as a mule, and as unmovable as a mountain. So... I've given up. He has to want to do something. If not, no amounts of nagging will do. Wait, then again, nagging from his colleague works leh. But then again, I don't have as much saliva as his colleague.

cellow, funny thing is, I welcome everybody to come over.. even when I am sick, no need to ask. family loh, ask for what. just come loh.. but he, cannot loh, like my family intrude his privacy. got once he black face, and then went out to library! But I rather he not around then to face a black face... after that he still dare to say "Huh, kena chased out of my own house".. that was last time lah.. now with Ethan, many people want to come.. he ok liao.. cos you know why? cos when they come, got ppl look after Ethan, we can go out loh..

ya bbp, floodgate open big big liao.. but trying to tell you loh, you are not alone.. haha...

My MIL and me always call them the Lord, King and Prince at home. We listen to them, see their face... at their command. Tiring sometimes but its ok cos we bitch about them behind their back all the time, and my MIL will scold my hubby when she knows he does things like that... hahaha

do1nk - LOL..eh, u got job for me ah? if i wear clown glasses, sure kena boot :D

pinkB - yes my dear fluffy ears, am back! u dont sense my bunny presence? :p

How about a vivo city Lunch instead. Afterthat can go GAP.
happy.gif

next Monday 18 Jan 2010
Venue: Vivo City

1. Michelle

hihi mummies... been super busy at work coz just chged job scope n moved office... heehee...

wai wai/youpi/dor dor
u gers r not alone... Ernest was crying with lotsa tears n pitiful look when i dropped him off at his sch this morning still... n he's having abit of a running nose n cough... which i heard is common once they start sch... really heartbreaking for me lor... HB also like very unwilling to leave lor...

Jacelyn
Big CONGRATS!!! i'm now quite heavily preggy liao lor... coming to 6 mths liao... so next in line would be u... heehee...

cellow
how have u been?? so when is C1 starting school??

USA Grad Student Research with Singapore Parents - Quick Survey

Thank you to those who have completed my survey - I have already received 12 responses!! I am hoping to get 18 more in the next week so I can do my comparison study. Can you share this with other parents you know? I really appreciate the help and am so excited about studying in your country! Here are the details...

I am a graduate student at the University of St. Thomas in the United States (Minnesota), currently participating in a study abroad course in Singapore at the National Institute of Education.

* Have you had your first (and only) child in the past six months to 24 months?
* Do you live with the co-parent?
* Is it the first child for both partners?
* Do you want to share information that could help other couples transition into parenthood?

If you answered YES to these questions, and are 18 years of age or older, you are eligible to participate in this parenting research study. It only takes 5-10 minutes to complete. To start the survey, please click the link below or copy and paste it into your Internet browser.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=odvEJo1BPt_2bCF3hlE7BK7g_3d_3d

Participation in this survey is completely voluntary, anonymous, and confidential.

Regards,
Robyn Maley

jace.. was juz teasing u lar.. I'm sure u dun have a tummy showing yet.. but congrats girl! take good care of urself ok?

JSP: how r u feeling these days? thought of names already? :D

vivo lunch no go for me
sad.gif
i can only have quickie lunches from now til CNY i think..

haha you bitch about ur hb wiv MIL behind his back? so cute! her own son wor.. so he takes after the FIL ah?

freezing cold in the office!

bbG, of course! She also know her own son what pattern one loh... completely takes over the FIL that is why my MIL knows how I feel.. hahaha....

No vivo, RP also can loh...

vivo lunch, next 2 weeks i m off to amsterdam... sub zero freezing winter - here i come!

michelle,
it is very cute that you bitch abt HB with MIL. when i bth HB, i also do that, get on skype with MIL... i feel better after tt.

bbp,
haiya haiya, let out the bad air here. if still cannot tahan, then tell him.

JSP,
ya lor, all your FB updates are abt Ernest's start of school. and so heart breaking ya..... hopefully C1's start of school on 1 Mar is ok.

jacelyn,
funny la you.
one day you will look down, then suddenly there is a shelf for you to put your food tray on... bwahahahaaaa. happened to me over the past 2 weeks.

I managed to survive the work day!
Think will take MC tmr to recuperate.

Smiggle
Number 55? Good grief! I did not buy this new series of 'number' books. But recall that Six (or Seven?) Sacred Stones was one of my labour reads, haha! Ok, I will become number 56 (or 60+) on the reservations list for Five Greatest Warriors LOL.

SY
How long are Jh's school hours? Why is there a half-day? He is in a childcare?

Hmmm, S actually likes to do work at home so I can't use that... One parenting webbie said that if kids find their home life more interesting than school, they'd naturally prefer to stay at home. It suggested doing absolutely nothing, making home so boring that by contrast, school would seem incredibly exciting and the kid would want to go to school as a consequence. I tried to stop doing activities with S at home but could not, 'cos I myself enjoy doing them, haha. So I'm simply shooting myself in the foot lor.

Dor Dor
S's kindy has windows, but that can backfire 'cos they won't let go as long as they can see you, right? There are still lots of parents at the nursery side there. I think D understands, but that he is just extra scared now 'cos of the BB Proms incident. Remember how he would always come to the door to look for you at Little Gym? He just wants to make sure that you are still there, and that you have not gone away.

I'm just as confused. When I pulled S out last year, it was my heart speaking, not my head. I could not bear to see and hear him cry (that's why cannot do CIO too). And I was doing quite a lot of stuff with him at home. Also, I really like being able to drag the boys out wherever, whenever, without having to cater for other schedules. This time though, with two years to P1, I feel that it is necessary for him to learn to operate in a structured environment with his peers. So now it's my head that's making the decision.

S does not like his teacher very much, but he likes his Chinese teacher. He said that he wants to go for Chinese lessons but not the English lessons!

Cellow
LOL on C1's duck walk! And you are very farnie lah, telling Jacelyn about the shelf! LOLOL!

Bbp
Your posts also sound much happier
happy.gif

RP lunch
Will go to collect stuff from SY!

CNY
We alternate families for the reunion dinner. One year with his, one year with mine.

JSP
*pat pat* on having to tahan E's tears and cries... Hey, did you order stuff from the Jujube spree too? Think I saw your name right? I ordered two, and am thinking about getting another. Piaking myself as I type this.

youpi
jh's sch has 2 sessions. one morning nad one afternoon. half day is just morn session. full day means both sessions. each session is 3 hours with lunch in between. so he goes from 8.30 - 3pm.

MIchelle
vivo lunch on for me!!!

How about a vivo city Lunch instead. Afterthat can go GAP.
next Monday 18 Jan 2010
Venue: Vivo City

1. Michelle
2. SY

hee i think everyone sounds like they have stuff with me....

bbG
maybe i pass your stuff to someone else?

dustee
what is jujube? i must go check out!

bbp
Ember also likes to tell my dog to sit but her sit........pronounced very babyish and soft my dog dun even listen.....haha

nancy
Kiss kiss Ernest for me K, tell him to be brave boy.....few hrs only.
D also got running nose liao n his voice sounds funny already cos today my mum off soooooo she feed nonsense n my dad also buy bak kwa for him...sigh
Dunno if tml can make it to sch anot.

Youpi
That's good, then S will learn alot of mandarin and being cheena boy LOL. D started his mandarin phrase cos of the chinese teachers in his JG class.

D was better today as in after sch cos he was still carried screaming n crying inside(actually already teared on the way to sch).
After class ended they would still gather n sing a song before parents can collect them class by class but D always ran to me once the gate opened. N today he managed to go with his class until the song was done n waited till his teacher passed him to me. So I'm very very glad.
But still he jus woke with night terror, not seeing me and just crying "I want my Mama"..............sigh....hw heart breaking.

Yeah I really really miss the going anywhere anytime thingy. Going out now is a torture cos D would be so tired after sch and it takes so long to walk even a short distance. N so funny when I asked him if his bag was heavy and if he wants me to carry for him. Think he misheard me cos he said, "Don't need. I carry not heavy, Ember carry will be very heavy."....hahhaa

dor.. think i'll drop it lah.. coz got something else from gymboree too..thanks anyway!

cellow: bundle up and have fun in amsterdam ok? will you have time to go jalan jalan?

LOL on dustee making a sudden detour to the jujube thread.. dats a diaper bag brand right? do they carry other stuff?

bbG's so into giving my dog commands now, feeding him and all.. glad he's grown to love him so much! always laughing when he sees my dog approaching.. or when we go in n out of the room he asks him along too...

my heart goes out to all of you struggling with kiddos apprehensive about going to school.. dunno how I'm gonna manage next time.. I'm one super emo mummy!

dor: does D sit on the stroller?

Vivo lunch.. i cannot also! Can only do RP lunch wor...

Shucks, any idea what the kids should be wearing for CNY? hubby just reminded me that CNY is round the corner and if i have anything to let xun gal wear... Lousy mummy haven quite think of this yet.

Cellow LOL on ur shelf to put food!

JSP, so far so good. but dun dare to say so too soon. Hopefully next scan is good.

Oh yes anyone ordering iherb? i kind of remember seeing someone saying ordering iherb but who is it ah?

Jacelyn,
SY does iherb every now and then.

CNY:
I never ever think about it. I don't care about wearing new clothes and Declan has more than enough new clothes to last till CNY. Cos he currently can't fit into some of them lor.

jacelyn
i can order iherb. let me know wat u need. will pool orders.

re iherb
anyone?PM me ok in case i miss your post

re CNY clothes

ha..jx got a lot of clothes. but i m thinking of getting a cheongsam for her to wear. suits her hairstyle now...

oh jace

advance happy birthday to you first! no wonder you kan cheong kan cheong type like me. me also aquarius! we must learn to S L O W D O W N!

dor

pat pat! must be tough to hear D crying! but i think SAHM mums will have it harder cos the kiddos are so used to be with you 24/7 whereas FTWM like us would have delegated different care givers so perhaps they are more used to being away from mummy.

SY

need ur advice. for iherb do you have a referral code? i am ordering so much i think i could consolidate all by myself! hehehe! but then again, if below 3kg they send by airmail, above that they charge courier price. shld i split my stuff or shld i just pay the US$12?

vivo lunch

I would prefer RP lunch too, nearer. But I am likely to be going to Sri Lanka next week. so most prob can't join.

Cellow

hope you are all snuggle up in bed enjoying your MC today!

jace.. got lots of BP on those CNY chinesey clothings now. very cheap too! I already bought one from a shop here and paid almost double of what the BP's are going for! but oklah .. bbG's got a chinese costume to wear on the first liao.. last year they were too tiny! haha

whoa sri lanka! you get to go to rather interesting places hor!

Doggiebb, how u know its my birthday? (tomorrow ah) but hor i am capricorn!! haha i think capricorn also gan choeng kind :p hahaha yah i keep reminding myself to slow down...

SY i will PM u my orders! Thanks vm! =D errrm cheongsum does not sound suitable for xun gal... ok ok got to think of something

*i am off tomorrow to 'celebrate' getting older by one year* nah its just an excuse not to work ... and will be putting xun gal with my mum so that i have er ren shi jie with hubby (forced hubby to take leave too) muahahahaha

bbG i also bought a chinese costume last year but its too small now.. plus the material is not the very comfortable kind and xun gal perspires alot .. so think i got to source for something else ...

oh yah must go home and teach her how to say gong xi fa cai then can go around collecting ang bao hee hee hee

jace

oh capricorn ahh? muahaha! i can't quite rem when is the cut off date! enjoy your day tomorrow! ur next birthday you will have to say things like put my CHILDREN with my mum instead of my child liao!
happy.gif

bbG

err! i changed jobs so that don't have to travel leh! but look at what's happening? haizzz!

sentences

I heard thaddie boy's first 4-word sentence yesterday! "I WANT TO GO!" but jiejie's speech is worrying me a little. She starts stammering at the beginning of her sentence when she is excited. I have read that it happens to some children and it will eventually go away but still, sometimes see her struggling to get the words out is so unsettling.

mummies with #1, did any of yours stammer when they were 3?

Jacelyn,
gap store is having 30% lor I went Vivo last fri to get some clothes for kacey but not sure till when u can go check it out.
Pumpkin patch also having sales ......

Serene, thanks!! Ok will find a chance to go gap or pumpkin patch!! Seems like all the clothes i bought the last time were worn haha .. so its great!

Just to share! There will be a Fun in the Sun Bazaar this weekend Jan 16 - 17, 2010 at East Coast Park Big Splash area. There will be over 70 stalls ranging from baby/ kid items to face painting. Come drop by and pick something up! There will be new and preloved items for sale. The bazaar starts at 10 am on both days !

doggiebb,
haha, i din snuggle up in bed, but went for facial and then to ikea to look for kids' shelving. after looking thro ikea, i reckon tis not fantastic value for money for the quality (apologies to PB for sassing her prev coy). gotta think of another way to shelve C1 and C2's stuff.

think Talia's stammering will go away by itself, no? remember she is only 3!

how often do you travel now in the new job?

anyone going thro the WTS thread regularly, pls alert me via PM or SMS or this thread hor, if you see shelving going up for sale. thanks!

youpi,
now S's chinese will get better, which is good since you were concerned abt his chinese....
i also wanna know what interesting activities you do at home to make it so interesting for S that he doesnt wanna go to school
happy.gif

SD,
my mum never went back home after marrying to her own family for reunion dinner, but on the 2nd day of CNY, the siblings would gather at my kung kung's place. so i was brought up w the idea that yes, reunion dinner shd be w the HB's family, end of story. CNY got 15 days ah, so no need to all rush for reunion dinner.
HB is glad that i m brought up this way... and he is able to sidestep a lot of nonsense. My MIL is still v unhappy (amongst other things) that HB's bro's wife goes back to own family after dining at IL's place, so HB's bro eats 2 reunion dinners. MIL can do such things like make sure HB's bro and his son is stuffed full of her food so that he cannot eat much at the other side. *blink. but i do know how she feels la.
... i dun care too much abt what happens to HB's bro and his wife, as long as i cont to be the good DIL, and family harmony is maintained...

dor,
haiyor on your heart goes piang over D's waking up to cry for Mama...

do1nk,
GOT! i m taking the last week of Jan off to go jalan jalan. HB is joining me
happy.gif
treat it as another honeymoon before C2's arrival

doggiebb
i have a referral code. or the other way to do it is i order for u but put your address as shipping address. cos i have up to 14% discount for orders above a certain amt. whereas for referral code u only get like $5 off i think.

do1nk
Yup D does. He loves to sit in the stroller(this lazy boy). But I seldom bring it out as its very troublesome going up on buses and unless my hubby confirm is coming to fetch us.

I'm very emotional too so.....sigh....so very hard lor but hopefully bbG is a strong boy and won't give you much heartaches then.

doggiebb
Sigh...yah lor good n bad lah but hopefully everything gets better as day pass can liao.

D's okie with his sentences though he would often be imitating E and he would jus string anything that comes into his mind so there will often be ALOT of other things in a sentence. LOL
I think Talia's just too excited. Maybe ask her to stop for 1 sec to gether her tots then tell you what she wants to say. I ask D to stop and wait till he can talk better before he tells me what he wants when he's crying n mumbling else I won't understand him.

cellow
Enjoy urself huh.

CNY
We only have reunion dinner with our own family as far as I can remember. N my sis came back for our dinner then goes back to have dinner with her inlaws. So I have been doing the same since we all live SOOOOOOO near......haha
N hor......the food is much nicer at my mums lor.
But the 1 thing I cannot stand is my mum.....who is super biase lah she say "they"(their own family withou use married daughters) must start the dinner then we join in later. Very buay song lah but cos doing for so many yrs liao(n i know my mum pattern) I just go back for the sake of gathering n seeing my nephews n my kids to see everyone lor.

jujube
U girls hor very very bad leh. I already aim the Be major very long liao but keep hesitating cos its not cheap lor. Now i'm tempted again.

Not good aah you girls, my wallet dun wanna friend you liao......hahaha

Jujube:
Same lor, I see the things that I don't need or never aim before, I also feel like buying. But luckily got too many choices, I see already also luan. So I haven't bought anything. Haha.

Youpi
yup, im tempted to buy but popular doesnt have it..

DOGGIEbb
im so jealous, kayden cant even speak proper.. stil ahhh ahhh..
i also dunno how to teach.. haiz..

Cellow
are u member of singaporebrides.com?
they sell furniture..

Jujube
is it really nice??
i haven really get to see any on the streets..

XP's fever went up to 40 degrees, we sent her to KKH A&E yesterday... she refused to drink, doc recommended admit her into hospital for drip... but we decided to bring her home... used syringe to force her drink water...

sighz...

SY
poppy is also going to wear a cheongsam for CNY. it suits HER hairstyle also /rolling on the floor laughing my a** off/. i bought it last year i think haha.

do1nk
ya man. last year the kiddos were hardly sitting properly! i remember plonking poppy on cushion next to her younger cousin and they were both flopping around haha

cellow
haha sorry to me for what? not my father's company what. what kind of shelving you looking for? better quality means morer money lor

waiwai
oh no! is XP better now?

hey has anyone brought kiddo to clarke quay before? got water fountain there ah? anything to see? we attempted to go yesterday and today, but rain. kua kua kua.

re talking
most things to poppy are "car car!". but when i ask her where's the ____, she knows alot of stuff. and she also points to things she knows and asks me 'what's that?' in french. like she is quizzing me. funny, this girl.

doggiebb
there was a period of time that jh loves to stammer. think that was when he was abt 3. it will go away one.
happy.gif

waiwai
hope XP gets better soon. any reason for such high fever?

CNY:
My parents best. I have to request for it lor cos I love steamboat, but my mom doesn't. Then what usually happens is my parents will postpone it to after the 15 days cos food at the market is too expensive. Then if I don't remind, they will probably just let it go.

Talking:
Declan's best words are.... *drum roll*... "Mama, Please!" Sometimes I hear him go Please Please Mama Please, but I have no idea what he wants! Then I say, "Yes Declan, I know you said Please, but what do you want? Please what?" And he goes "Please.... Mama!"
*faints*

Talking:
Bosco will say "xie xie" with a bow when i ask him "wat should u say?"
when i cooking, he will start mami! mami! mami!
if we ask him to say please, he goes "pss"
the only sentence i heard him saying was,"MahMah! Na ge!" "Grandma, that one!" den he points to his grandma's food.

LOL on declan's "mama please please please" and on bosco's bow!!!!!!!!!!

i'm still not getting please and thank you from poppy. just 'kup!' (for 'pick up my book/toy/food/phone for me, woman!')

PB
wow.. so poppy fluent in french now huh..
what abt chinese?

well
after bird, ball, mam mam, dadee, kayden is learning to say dog.. He pronounce it as 'org'.
he tends to not speak when watchin his barney.. so better cut down his tv...
if he stil can really speak, how will he cope at the preschool??

Just now after he peed, he uhmmm... sorta tug at his little birdie.. not e first time but together he wanked it hard and the skin really stretched! i mean.. dont he feel pain???

hang in there wai wai.. hope XP is better today.. bbG's highest ever was 40.8 deg.. we didn't bring him to KK nor use the suppository.. but bathed and bathed him.. hope all that doesn't come back ever ever again! *touch wood*

bbp: at least he says please.. bbG will repeat and repeat 100 times.. take take take take take or go there go there go there.. yet he doesn't tell me what it is he wants or where he wanna go!

recently he loves saying: AIYO when my doggie craps.. he even plopped his security blankie on the pee tray and say BEAR BEAR POO POO *faint* .. or a dramatic WAH at anything at all..(once he opened the lid of the water jug, peered in and said: WAH!) hehehe he's a funny boy too!

do1nk,
Haha, bbG is sure a cutie. I can just imagine him going WAH! Anyway, I'm sure bbG tells you where he wants to go by pointing right? That's what I do with Declan. I tell him to point where he wants to go, or else I don't move. Sometimes he will push/pull me to wherever he wants me to go.

Funny story:
I was trying to get him to nap yesterday. He started opening the cupboard and kept saying nice nice to something in there. After some time, he took out a Mickey Mouse outing shirt, held it up to me and said nice with a big smile on his face. At that point of time, I really didn't know whether to laugh or to cry (cos I really wanted him to sleep!)

morning mummies...

bbG
i'm so far so gd... not much weight gain but tummy super big lor... names ah... still haven decided yet... but looking at english name starting with 'A'... any suggestions??

cellow
its the initial part tt is very hard for me... coz he was crying n pointing at me... i almost cry also lor... but then he's quite adaptable one... so oni cry for awhile after i left, after tt can play n eat liao... so not so bad...
C1 is on half day programme rite?? dun worry too muchie coz its a phrase tt all children has to go thru...
u not feeling well?? better rest well n drink more water so tt u can enjoy ur trip ya...

youpi
thks for the pat... really appreciate tt... i ordered 2 bags *super broke liao*... heehee... the deal is gd lor... i also thinking very hard if i shld get the be light coz wanna get a sling pouch for short outings... budden i got alot of bags so i piak myself out of buying... heehee...

dor dor
thks thks... i think he's getting more used to school liao... n the best part is he's learning to eat by himself in sch... heehee... something which i did not start coz i dun like messiness lah... n he's slping well... so on the whole not so bad for a start... he oni cries when i leave him there in the morning...
hope D will get accustomed to school soon... breaks my heart to hear tt he's crying so much... kiss him for me too... tell him i invite him to my hse when i on leave ya...

jacelyn
dun worry too much... just 'pin chang xin' n things would work out... in the meantime, dun carry heavy stuffs *i.e. bb xun* n rest more ya... take care... wanna hear more gd news frm u hor...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! enjoy ur celebration with HB ya...

wai wai
how is XP's fever?? is she admitted?? got any spots on her hands n feet??

Jujube
hahaha... so many got tempted huh?? so who actually bought besides myself n youpi?? dustee, dor dor, bbp or/and smiggle??? heehee... here comes the siaing!!!

JSP,
Me lor. But not from this BP... I had one for quite some time liao. Stop talking about Jujube liao leh... everytime someone mentions, I will go check out the BP thread.
sad.gif

I don't know how long I can resist!

Back