Tiong baru/telok blangah/bt merah 2006-2007 babies n mummies

Hi mummies,
I think i been scolding and beating him every day.. I now change my style and slowly talked to him.. My mum just told me he is the mirror image of how I was when I am young haha haha...

Had any one receive the invitation to Telok Blangah CC for the International Women Day?

Hi Mummies
I am new here
I would like to seek recommendated childcare centres for my baby near our area
Or if possible recommended nannies
If u got any recommendations, pls PM me or leave a note here. Very very much appreciate for any replies. Thank you

Hi

The "lung tonic" is suppose to help to prevent coughing. This's what i understand from the Doc.

bless: Maybe they are in the same class
happy.gif
Pai seh i only know my girl is in "banana clss". I'll go and check tonight

Priscilla,
hahaha.... so my boy resemble u lah... ;p anyway, i use combination of method lah... i don't beat direct, i will tell/counsel him first. then if he dun stop, i will bring him to a room and lock inside until he stop. So hv to repeat this for a few times, until he really understand that we mean business. Not easy, especially for the 1st few times. But i think it's more effective than just beating loh.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Mummies, how's everyone? Long time never visit this thread liao...

Hi Icey,

My twins will be attending True Way in Term 3, are you taking their transport? Heard a lot of negative feedback on Faith Kindy leh...</font>

priscilla
I dont really beat my boy. When he is notti, i just let him know I am angry and ask him to stop his behaviour. If he continues , I will ignore him and walk away.
Only when he throws a BIG temper then will i resort to beating him. But its quite rare, only happens once in a blue moon.
But my hubby is the opposite , he doesnt beat my son. I think he bu she de beat him. So end up i am usually the bad person to discipline my son
sad.gif

i bless u

he eats a lot? I dont think jovan is strressed, maybe he expanded too much energy whilst in school, thats why very hungry and has to eat more?

I also realised randal has been putting on weight ever since he attended school leh. I mean I am quite happy that he put on weight la. He is also super tired whenever he reaches home, and falls asleep almost immediately. Many activities in school and has to wake up early la.

Maybe jovan dare not tell the teachers he want to go toilet, or teachers never ask him, so he never inform them?

Randal also never drink water in school leh, cos his water bottle has the same qty of water when i fetch him. BUT, when he was in another class last year, the teachers alwasy encourage them to drink water, so he drinks quite a lot every day.
But ever since this year, he changed class, I suspect the teacher never encourage them to drink, so they conveniently forget to drink!!!

Priscilla,
Yes. It is a church kindergarden.
happy.gif

Hapi Melodius,
Wow.. that's great! Our children are going to become schmate soon. Yap... Prisley is taking the sch bus and she is ok with it. Travel with her before, the bus auntie is quite good, very resposible.

Esther: The teachers there always ask them to drink water and also to go toilet! Ask many times but he tell teacher he don't want. Today even best. He told teacher "My hse also got toilet"! Teacher ask him to read the storybook, he says"My hse also have storybook"! Kee Si Lang! Teacher say he v stuborn don't want means don't want but teacher compliment that he did well in the assignment worksheet they give him. Don't know how true! Actually they teach what word every day or do what stuff we also dunno hor. We can only relies to what they told us but he so young dunno how to say much also!

bless
so funny! he say "my house also have"
Ya we can only rely on wat the teachers tell us. Like i always wonder whether he eat much in school? When i ask the teachers, they say he finish one whole bowl.. The thing is , even at home, if he self-feed, he will take ages, and end up playing with the food. Only when we feed him will he finish the whole bowl.
So i seriously wonder whether he finishes a whole bowl at school when he self-feed!!

hi
the school also told me my boy eat a lot, and he also ate 2 bowl of rice and soup... at home he will keep eating the bread till he can finish one whole loaf of sunshine boy but he nv grow fat..

Priscilla,
hahaha.... my boy also eat alot in school, and i witnessed it myself.... cos i hid in the office and see how's my boy doing during the 1st 3 days of "orientation", i saw him kept asking for food during his tea-break.

Esther,
hahaha... my boy also put on abit of weight when he goes to school, think there are many activities in school, that's y hungry?? Or becos, got other kids to compete for food, that's y eat more? ;p

mist
ya the teachers say that when kids see the other kids eat, they also wanna eat. Its like "monkey see, monkey do" hahaha

priscilla
wah ur boy can really eat so much bread but never grow fat? he must have a high metabolism rate

<font color="0000ff">SIGNS OF GOING INTO LABOUR ??</font>
I am now into my 35 weeks! so baby's gonna come anytime in the next few weeks! Can share with me what are the signs of labour? Other than these 3:

-blood stains
-water bag burst
-painful contractions

If water bag break, does the water gush out fast or slowly trickle out huh?

Sorry, i am very blur about these, cos 1st one is c-sec, so never experience these ...
Can u mummies who had natural birth share with me wat happen when u went into labour?? thanks
happy.gif
happy.gif

Esther,

hahaha.. yeah loh, everything and actions also wanna copy.. machiam like copycat!

ay, i also cannot advice u... hehehe... cos mine was induce and later becom c sec... but hor, i only experience minor contraction be4 i went for induce... do u recently feel only short sudden contraction? My fren say another sigh is bleeding (term as "Show"), hv to go admit liao loh. If water bag burst, still hv time to go shower before going to hospital. that's all i know lah, hope it helps. Good luck hor, gal! remember to sms us when u deliver huh...

Priscilla,
what is manual give birth?

mist
i felt contraction at 32 weeks! then i had to ask doctor for medication to relax my womb! randal's case was worst, i had bad contractions at week 32, and had to be admitted !
so this time , when i felt contractions at weeks 32, i quickly ask for medication from doctor !

i also asked doctor whether i can be induced, but he say my 1st one was c-sec , so cannot induce, cannot do anything to the womb to agravate it. So now have to wait n wait n wait.... wait till he feels like coming out ....

Esther,
32 weeks?!?!?! quite early hor? U mean if 1st one is c-sec, 2nd one cannot induce??? oh, i didn know leh.... anyway, if i hv 2nd one, also c sec liao, dun need to think of induce liao.... :p

So this time, u try for natural birth lah? i think wait for another 1 week or so.... shd be around there already... ;P

mist
ya randal wanted to come out early at 32 weeks. seems weird, my babies like to come out early . But my last scan (last week), the baby was already 2kg. So doctor say shld be fine if he wants to come out anytime now. But i still hope he will stay inside till at least 36 or 37 weeks lor. fatten him up inside first b4 coming out. hehehe

ya my doc say if 1st one c-sec, better dont induce the secoond one, cos it will aggravate the womb . thats the least thing they want to do. So doc told me to "try natural, BUT dont try too hard!" hahaha. I think he will monitor the situation closely, if after trying , bb still cannot come out, then he will cut me up !!
sad.gif
sad.gif

Esther,
hahaha... all your babies excited to quickly come out hor... hahaha..... I also think keep inside the tummy abit is better .. hahaha... cos still hv my freedom. Once baby is out, aiyo, another cycle of baby crying liao.... ;p

Hi Mummies looking for CC, juz to share.

I called JHS Montesorri yestd to enquire about N1 vacancy. I was told that there are 10 kids on waiting list.

Sometimes scolding and spanking do helps a little. Of course not beneficial for long-term. My girl is not herself these few weeks since CNY until this week, everything stable. Partially maybe growing up stage. She's learning to be more independent....

Hey Ester,
went for my gynae visit today. I'm now 33+ weeks. Baby is 2+kg. I also had c-sec for my first one.

Was discussing with my gynae if i can choose 28th March for delivery, but he say got 50-70% chance of going into labour which he doesn't encourage. He wanted me to choose 21st March (1 wk earlier), but problem is hubby got a major exam on 27th March. So now, thinking if I should take the risk and stick to 28th instead. I also scared go into labour. Not sure how it is like...

chocbabe,
ay, if u choose 28 March, then it's abt 38 weeks liao leh.... errr, risk is on the high side of going into labour leh... cos that's the full full term liao

chocbabe
hey u are also gg to TMC for delivery rite?
Me now 35 weeks.
hey u dont want to try natural birth? Just immediately go for c-sec ah?
C-sec aftermath is really painful. natural birth heals much much faster, and tummy also go flatter easier.
my edd also 27 march (40 weeks), but i dont think the baby will wait till 40 weeks, cos now he is very active laio, and i have a feeling he is arriving soon.
actually i hope he arrives soon, cos it has been a long wait, and I am getting a bit impatient laio... hehehe... Now every night cannot sleep properly cos tummy is so heavy, and have to lie in awkward positions!

chocbabe
for my first one, i chose to deliver at week 37 for c-sec. ya , I agree with mist that 38 weeks is a bit late

Esther: I gave birth to Jovan at exactly 40 weeks edd date through induce. Cos no sign of contractions or water bag burst! He too comfy inside...hahaha! Induce not fun lah...have to wait more than 12hrs in the hospital! So tiring!

ester,
I had c-sect at 38 weeks for the first one. I thinking if come out later, she will be more developed also.

Yah, I wanted to have natural initially but my gynae not keen to let me try leh cos he say I got fibroid and cyst op before I had my No.1, so the womb already cut 2 times already, so safer to have c-sect instead of going into labour.

I won't be surprise mine comes earlier also. Cos my monkey son can crawl over me every night on the bed. He co-sleeps with us on the same bed. Yah, it's really tiring to carry that big load now, can't sleep well also.

I scared also labour then i panic and dunno what to do. Also if go into labour, must have emergency c-sect, which means go on GA and can't see the birth of my girl.

So many things to consider man. Main problem is hubby's exam on 27th march lah... sigh.

Anyway, how is labour like ah?? where is the pain actually?

chocbabe
yesterday i had 3 big contractions within 15 min . it went away after that. so i think my body getting ready for his arrival!

yes, i think u already had operation 2 times, so ur doctor not keen for u to try natural.
Anyway c-sec is much more predictable and u dont have to go thru labour pains...

the pain is actually at the whole abdomen area. The whole abdomen becomes very tight and shrink, as if something is pulling very hard. Then the pain makes me break into a cold sweat... this is how i felt for the contractions.

wah so nice, u have got a boy and a girl. I wished for a girl for my second one, but it is a boy instead. so many people say try for a third one. But if third one is a boy again, very headache!

bless u,
yeah, induce wait very long hor.. i so pek chek while waiting.. and the best part was, i still kena emergency csec after induce, cos my pelvic too small, and baby cannot come out!! sigh... ended up pay for both operating theatre and labour ward...

Hi

Initially i wanted a natural birth. But due to my high blood pressure, both pregnancy had to be c-sec. Envy those mummy that can carry their baby immediately after their natural birth.

Hi

Talking abt beating kids. I used to beat my girl almost everyday. Maybe due to my stress at work and she refuse to co-operate everytime, always ended up beating her. But lately, like Priscilla i decided to change my style. When i see my girl beating me back, i told myself i have to changed. Now trying to "sweet talk" her instead of beating :p

bless u - I saw my girl's childcare booklet stated "N1 banana class". I didnt know they actually split half day and full day class. How is Jovan, getting used to the schl?

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Mummies, how's everyone? Long time never visit this thread liao...
smile.gif

Hi Icey,

Yaya, can become schoolmate, how u find Trueway?

Hi Esther,

Giving birth soon ya, Good Luck &amp; all e Best!</font>
kao_cheers.gif

hihi mommies!

How's everyone? It seems a long time i din post lioa, cos too busy with work.

Esther: u gace birth to no. 2 liao?

Btw, wanna ask whether any mommies put their kids in Zion Kids, Deppt Road? If yes, mind to share with me your feedback?

Thanks and have a good day!

kareen
i have not give birth, now still waiting, getting a bit impatient laio. Now 36 weeks, so next week will be considered full term. Actually hoping that i will give birth next week, cos the doctor said I want to try VBAC, the baby idealy shouldn't be too big.

hapi melodius
thanks for the well wishes!

<font color="0000ff">confinement recipes</font>
hi ladies, anyone got any confinement recipes to share with me? Cos this time, i did not hire a confinement lady, my hubby will cook for me.. Got online recipes to share ? or those from books? can help me photocopy and post to me? In return, I will send u a small little gift for ur kids to thank u for the postage.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

kareen
iknow there is a mummy, ppp, who place her kid in zion childcare. But she is quite busy and rarely visits the thread now.
Anyway i have visited zion, and they told me they are fully booked, have to be placed on waiting list, and dunno have to wait till when.

Hi Esther

I have a confinement book at home.. my colleague gave it to me. If you want, i can lend to you.. U can email me your hp number.. then we can meet and pass the book to you.

My email: [email protected]

Ya, Zion is fully booked.. actually, I have also placed B on the waiting list. Btw, can you help me check whether cherie hearts@ Safra is fully booked for kids born in 2006 too?

kareen
do u mean cherie hearts @depot road? the one situated in CMPB? the one at SAFRA is eager beaver, not cherie hearts.

ok, will check for u whether got any more vacancy for kids born in 2006

i had emailed u my contact number to borrow the recipe book

kareen
the principal just informed me that yr 2006 is fully booked, have to place on waiting list.
She said meanwhile, u can go and tour her centre first.

hello mummies...

long time didnt post here....

esther,
heard frm jessica u due anytime now.... woah...so fast...
hope u have a smooth delivery...

i have a confinement recipe book as well... can lend u also if u want... u sms me ok?? ur hubby so good ya, going to cook for u..
happy.gif

nana
ya long time never see u here, r u busy? have u sourced for a school for ryan yet? or he still staying at home? Randal is now enjoying school and learning more new things. I have started with half day class, now converting to full day class. So that when my #2 comes, we can just take care of him alone.

Mummies
Long time never visit here coz work has been terribly busy for me and will go haywire again in May...haiz

Esther
Time sure flies... you gonna be due liao?

Good to know that Randal has got used to school. my shy shy boy is still at home. Can share with me how long did Randal take to get used to school?

Hapi Melodius
You got any idea when the new playground and outdoor play area will be ready at True Way? I pass by on MRT recently and saw that they have already hacked down the little building in front. Seems exciting that they have a new facility.
happy.gif

hi spring
long time never see u here! ya i gonna be due anytime.
my boy took about 1 month to get used to school, and stop crying in the morning when i send him there.
u intend to place ur boy in school when? Start sourcing already?

Back