Tiong baru/telok blangah/bt merah 2006-2007 babies n mummies

<font color="aa00aa">Good Afternoon to all Mummies, how's CNY preparation going on?

Hi Priscilla,

Really envy you, such a young &amp; pretty mummy... Yr boy so adorable &amp; really can pose leh...</font>
smile.gif

Hi, have disappeared for a long time, cos been really busy...

Icey,
My son is also in PSA Learning Seeds. I didn't have time to scroll through all your post but saw that you wanted to withdraw your daughter from there.

I am also looking for another CC for my son. My son has been in Learning Seeds since October last year and was initially in the nursery class cos there wasn't any playgroup at first. This year, they open a playgroup and he is now in the playgroup class.

Since Oct till now, there were many things that I'm not too pleasd about the centre/ teacher too. I also find that there are too many china teachers. I have nothing personal against them but i do not like the way they handle the kids. Their way is very "auntie" and "traditional", which is not what I want. For example, they do not train the kids to walk in to put their bags, etc. They simply will say "bao bao" cos they dun want the kids to cry in front of the parents. I think kids should be trained to be more independent.

As for curriculum, on paper, the management may have come up with a plan but I dun see the teachers really excuting properly. I find that the teachers there not very well trained.

There was an incident last month where my son came home with 3 sets of teeth marks on his hand. I called the school to check and was surprise that the teachers didn't even know about it. I dun blame the child who bit him cos I know kids at this age sometimes just do not know how to express themselves and also difficult to prevent it from happening. What I am not happy is that the teachers didn't even know there was such an incident.

I have a previous experience with Kinderland (Pasir Ris) when my son was there. My son fell at home and had a bruise on his hand. When he went to school, the teacher actually called to say how come there was a bruise and didn't inform them. To me, it shows that the teacher really cares for the child and know about every spot on him. The main teacher was his chinese teacher (local singaporean) really trained him well, to walk in, eat himself, etc.

I really liked that school but unfortunately, I moved out of pasir ris.

I really have no idea which schools nearby are good. But hearing from some mummies here, I am thinking of looking at Cherie Hearts SAF. Initially i wanted to just let him stay at Learning Seeds till next year, then i will find him a kindy, but last night was thinking 1 year is too long to wait, so might pull him out earlier.

Problem is my in-laws are the ones bringing him there and back, so convenience is important. They dun drive, so have to take bus. Learning seeds and sparkletots are the ones within walking distance. So have to weigh the pros and cons carefully. I live at Telok Blangah Drive.

Wait till i talk about their year end concert last year... but think my post too long already. Save it for next time... hehe

chocbabe
I fully understand how you feel...same case for me, if my boy start school, it will be my MIL fetching him...so have to find one that is near and convenient to reach by public transport...and I dun really feel like letting my boy take school bus at such a tender age...hence, the school choices become really limited...Haizzzz

Have a friend whose little gal is at Kinderland Katong and she seems to be really satisfied with the school.

Mrs Wang, Esther and Mummies
So how's the idea of house visiting during CNY coming along?

Can we do:
Date: 27 Jan, 12.30pm onwards?

Please indicate your name if you are ok:

Hi Mummies,

Been long didn't log in here and waken up by Mrs Wang.

Hi Wang, welcome to this thread! My girl lately got roseola rash after fever hence been busy taking care of her as she got mood swing and she's better today (rashes almost gone) if u read her blog.

Wow...talking abt housing visiting during CNY...whose house open for visiting? See if can come and whether my girl fully recover by then.

Hi jessica

No wonder never hear from u for awhile.
Din bookmark yr blog last time. Can pm me?
Hope she recovers before cny ...

My house is open for visits, if anyone wans to come to strathmore ave (next to QT mrt).

Ester,
Ya one is enough... cuz I wan to study my degree and master hehe hehe

cocobabe
hey I also staying at telok blangah drive too!!! which blk u at? I put my son under sprankletots at blk 45

Hey mummies,
ytd bought my son to the zoo for his 3rd yr old bday... advice to all that its better to reach the zoo at 1030 and explore cuz by 6 pm, you can then finish exploring the whole place like what i did ytd haha haha now body aching.. also for those with NTUC members, u can purchase zoo tickets from now till Feb, at 30% off... but must go NTUC main office to buy wor.. the one at Raffles..

Pris,
I stay at 47. I put my son at sparkletots at first but pull him out after 2 days (trial) cos I find the place quite dirty and the teacher not whole heartedly teaching the kids. When i was there, she can be singing and between songs, talking to colleagues. And their programme quite haphazard e.g they bathe before lunch when they get all dirty during lunch again.

Cherie Hearts SAF:
Went to visit Cherie Hearts SAF yesterday. They are totally full for playgroup. So it's out for me... will have to look for other alternative now.

pris,
yah lor... the "good" ones are either too far, too ex, or no more space... that's why I thought Learning Seeds is my next better choice after Sparkletots. I also haven't been actively looking for one now cos so pregnant and clumsy now. So wait till after CNY then see how.

chocbabe
the cherie hearts SAF playgroup all full laio? SO fast? I do know that this year, there are many new children that came into playgroup, but didn't know the vacancies are filled up so fast .
There is another school at depot road. Its called APPLELAND. i went to visit them before and find them quite OK too. The premises is also pretty big, though its a bit enclosed. But i observed that the place is kept quite clean.
I read from this thread that SPARKLETOTS quite a lot of incidences of HFMD. So clealiness is really important
Hey u are also preggy now... like me! How many mths laio? I am 31 weeks already, due to deliver in end march at TMC. How about u?

priscilla
oh u intend to further ur studies.. cool! But definately not easy having to juggle betw work and kids, and school. U intend to do a local degree programme? What course are u keen in?

jessica
poor shannon. wat is roseola rash? how does it look like? hopes she recovers from this rash soon

My boy is adapting to school already! Hurray! so happy! he no longer cries when he arrives in school, and when i fetch him back from school. Last time the teachers have to carry him every morning, but now he walks into the classes himself.. And when i fetch him, last time he cries when seeing me, now he will smile and call me "mama" when he sees me. Its quite a nice feeling to see him progress.

springdance
Now still not sure whether can do visits on Date: 27 Jan, 12.30pm onwards? really have to depend on whether my family has scheduled other visits.

wang
so u and jessica are staying near to each other. Heard her mentioned about it before. Its good to know we have so many mummies all staying around this vicinity

Ester,
I'm about the same time as you. 30 weeks. My actual EDD is 3rd April but I'm having c-sect, so should be end March. Thinking of choosing 21 March actually, cos my hubby now undergoing training and can only come home on weekends. So have to choose a saturday to deliver.

I somehow quite scared of "standalone" childcare or small establishment leh... the teachers have to prepare materials and take care of the kids. I was actually quite impress with my niece cc (YMCA) and my son's previous cc (kinderland). So I might want to go for these bigger establishments.

Cherie Hearts SAF,
They say they have 11 kids now, but they have 17 by June cos parents already paid them to reserve the place. In fact i think 17 is too much cos their playgroup room is quite small.

Ester
its true that sprankletots really have cases of HFMD and they tend to keep it to themselves...

I planning to further degree in Human resource and Marketing hehe.. but shld be next yr when i turn 23.. hehe hehe

chocbabe
they have quite a lot of kids for playgroup, but they split the group into 2 classes, meaning class 2A and 2B. SO there wont be too many kids in one class, as they have to abide by the MCYS ratio. They also told me they are looking into hiring more teachers

ya we are abt the same term. my edd is 27 march, and i hope to do natural delivery. But my placenta is low, and I may have to do a c-sec

priscilla
sparkletots is by PAP right? next yr u turn 23, that means u had ur boy at 19yr old? wow! such a young mummy!

Hi esther,
Yeah we are quite near.

Quite a few other families also cant make it to my place on tues cos 2nd day &amp; got other relatives houses to visit. Maybe we can meet up another time loh.

Esther,

They say roseola rash is common after fever and there is no medication. It will go away within days or weeks. As her rash got worse on the 2nd day n i panic n heard neighbour said drink barley from China will help and i tried and indeed the next day her rash got better. I boiled barley till she is fully ok today. U can go to her blog to see what is roseola rash. It is not contagious if after fever but before fever and during fever, it is. They will get irritable only and no appetite otherwise they will act normal. Heng ah! she's ok b4 CNY.

jessica
glad she is much better now. parents really get worried when children are sick, esp fever. I heard some fever can cause fits in children, scary!

esther,

ya lor...my poor HB got to sponge her during the night every 1 or 2 hrs n he had to take urgent leave as he didn't get enough sleep. Sometimes felt we have not enough hands to care her if she is sick as my HB got to work and i've to take care of her during the day. Luckily she got no problem taking her paracetomol using syringe else difficult to have her fever down.

Hello mummies,

CNY visitings are out for me. Both my hubby and my side lost our grandmothers last year. Besides having the usual reunion dinner, we'll probably stay home.. enjoy yourselves!

btw, i was checking with JHS recently, wanted to visit them. Because his intake is for 2010, they wouldn't allow visiting the school until 3rd quarter.

Hi Jessica,

poor shannon.... hope she will get better by cny..... Hv to be careful w fever leh, sometimes when it shoot too hit, kid can go into fits.

Esther,
good to hear that randall is doing well at childcare leh... Btw, my boy is one who get fits when he has fever loh, cos he hates to eat med, always a struggle to feed him... sigh....

Hi mist,

Tks for yr concern. Actually my girl fever has gone a week ago, just tat she got rashes immediately after she recovered. But luckily she is completely recovered as her rashes gone. Phew! just nice for CNY.

Hi Esther,

Glad to hear Randal now enjoy going to school. Did he learn anything from there? more independent?

Dear ALL mummies,

Gong Xi Fa Cai! Huat ah!!

Hi Mummies,

In case i dun visit the forum these few days, wish all mummies Happy Chinese New year &amp; Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!

<font size="+1"><font color="ff6000">祝所有妈咪,孩子,家人,恭喜发財,身体健康,事事顺利。</font></font>

Ladies, HAppy new year to you all.
I'm a new mummy,jus delivered my bb gal on 16th Jan and i'm staying at Tiong Bahru area.

Need a favor from you experienced mummies.
I'm looking for a baby sitter around our area,as i'm new in the premises,thus i dunno many people here.

Kindly let me know if you have any contacts,thanks a lot

Jessica,
glad that no more fever for shannon, at least can enjoy the cny, else so stress right?? hehehe....

Priscilla,
today send my boy to CC, hahaha... he's so happy and i hope that he's okay loh, and dun get infected w virus.... sigh....

babystarlet,

Congrats on your delivery! Hope to see u more often in the thread. So u are still on confinement?

Pai seh, i also dun hv contacts for babysitter leh....

Priscilla,
lucky not many visiting this year.... those that not able to visit during the 1st 2 days, we'll go on weekends loh..... but I'm still tired also... hahah

babystarlet,

think my bb sitter is out for u cos she has juz agreed to tk care of her bro's newborn due in jun together wif my gal. :p if i do come across any, will let u noe.

Priscilla,
hehehe...sure.... btw, noticed that there's many new kids at sparkletots, as many as 10! wow!!

Esther,
the CC will still follows the ratio stated by MCYS, which 1 teacher:8 children (i think, can't remember liao). But today's kids all belong to various group, not all in the same age group loh. Currently, there's abt 6 kids in my boy's group, ie Toddler group.

I'm thinking hor, if i wanna change another CC for him, when he's better at CC and turns 3....

ladies,

any school tat has playgroup n bus transport? is 2 yr old too young to tk school bus? our area has too few schools tat r within walking distance liao.
sad.gif

miorei
i feel that 2 yr old is really too young to take school bus, thats why we didnt let my boy take the school bus. There are many kids on the bus, and only one aunt , and i worry for the safety of the kids. At least when they are older like K1 or K2, then i will feel more ready to let him
take school bus.

mist
u r thinking of changing schools for him? any schools in mind now?

Priscilla,
i know they hv plans to start infant care, but not confirm yet when i checked w them last yr...... if they start infant care, maybe i will consider hving No.2!! hahaha.... sometimes I'm just too stress letting my mil to look after my boy, especially difficult when i wanna disciple him... sigh!

mist
ya , must have #2 la, otherwise 1 really too little.

IUD INSERTION
Hey anyone knows whether the IUD has any side effects?

the eager beaver is full as what i have heard from the mummies from this forum. Unless u want to be on their waiting list?

Back