Tiong baru/telok blangah/bt merah 2006-2007 babies n mummies

estertoh

hi.. i stay around tiong baru area and would love to know n meet up mummies n babies who are born in 2006-2007. It will be good to know more mummies staying around this area, as we can chat, share experiences etc.. hope to see u girls aka my neighbours soon!
happy.gif
my 10 mth old son would love to make new friends too!
1017000.jpg

Hi Esther, i stay around queenstown area. My son, Lucas, is 13 months old. I am also SAHM. Sometimes, I will bring lucas to Tiong Bahru Plaza for lunch and shopping. Hopefully, we can form a playgroup around this area and meet-up soon.

hi i stay @ telok blangah height haha haha....
i am a working mum @ PSA building ... i so happy cuZ i don see a lot of mummies staying our area...

Hi

I stay at telok blangah crescent, working in PSA Vista (further up from PSA Bldg)...Have a 10 mth old gal...

Do you all know which caterer is nice for food?

hi my son is 8mths old and i stay rather near tiong bahru too! walking distance though not extremely near. i am hoping for my son to meet more friends too. how does playgroup works? anyone attending gymboree/gug/julia gab's lessons? thought of enrolling my son soon so that he will have more friends to play with
happy.gif

ahah ahah

to berrysweet: haha haha i always go NOL or block 2... but i find block 2 food is nice so far....

to clarissa: hey hey maybe we can enrol tgt?? i only so far saw one kids gym @ vivo... i bet it will cost a bomb.....

pris - i thought gymboree at tanglin will be nearer? or vivo? vivo's gymboree, i dun really like for personal bias reasons. hahahahah

what lesson are you thinking of enrolling your kid?

Hi Hi,

I stay @depot road quite near TB! nice have this thread!

My bb coming one years old and I signup Gymboree- vivo 15 class for her n now she still have 4 more to go...The class there id not bad but every lessons doing the same thing so mummy feel sian liao....don't know my bb sian or not..hehehe...

woohoo mummies!
I half-heartedly came to check this thread that i started, thinking that it was still empty... and GOSH!, i was so elated!
happy.gif

GREATTTT to see so many mummies staying around this area... Cool!! we can form our own playgroud laio..

Sok Yee, Priscilla. Berrysweet, Clarissa, PPP
welcome and really nice knowing all of you.. Hope more mummies can join us soon...

PPP
Gymboree does the same activites every time? a bit boring leh. Today i went to MY GYM at Great world city, n the teachers told me that they will have new activites every time. The fees are $375 for 10 sessions + 10 weeks open gym play. Whats the deal u r getting? And ur girl is so cute...
happy.gif

Sok Yee
Im also a SAHM, left my job previous job as my mum n MIL are working, and i have to take care of Randal myself. I always go to Tiong baru plaza when i don't wish to go somewhere further, anyway, my place is just 3 bus stops away from TBP

Clarissa
How does playgroup work? Well usually what we do is we wil have an "open hse" at somebody's place, and we will bring our babies along to play. To make it more enticing, we usually have potluck (as u know, food draws people together, hee hee) Also we have outings to town or wherever.. to shop , eat, chit chat, chill out or just do nothing.. MY GYM at great world city is also quite near for us.. Can u tell me GUG is which place?

Berrysweet
i used CDC catering. i think full name is continental delight catering. For my son's full month celebration. Find that it is quite good. Oh, i also used them for my wedding church reception.

Priscilla
I thought of enrolling Randal in MY GYM, but i wanted to check out other places like gymboree n tumbletots before i make a decision

PPP
u have signed up gymboree's classes already right? DO they have something like free trial for friends u bring? Cos the MY GYM was a free trial session that i attended, as my friend is a member there.

Hi Esther,

Ya, I signed my gal up for 15 classes @$300+ can't remember the exact amount I paid. Still got 4 more to go....there is no free trial session leh, our member card can only use to play thier gym with cheaper rate if not wrong. Actually gymboree @vivo got glass wall, people can see what we r doing inside.
happy.gif
so u can pop by sat 1pm to see how they conduct the class.
happy.gif

I try to gather the info of our members, our bbs' gap is quite close.
happy.gif

Esther - bb boy Randal 10mhts
Sok Yee - bb boy Lucas 13mths
Pricilla -
Berrysweet - bb ? Name? 10mths
Clarissa - bb? Name? 8mths
PPP - bb gal NianQi 11mths

hi all, theres a my gym at GWC? hah! i din even know about this. will check out this weekend
happy.gif

esther - so during playgp, what do the kids do? i gather the parents will be busy running after the kids? GUG is at united sq. quite pop but i dun intend to send my son there
happy.gif

by the way, anyone tried giving kiddos millet? i just bought and wanna try. anyone have gotten nice receipes to share?

clarrisa
the my gym at gwc is quite big n nice. go chk it out, its at level 3, just a few shops away from planet fitness

during playgp, the kiddo just free play around, mums will b busy holding them , but most of the times, its more for mums to gather n chitchat. of course we cld plan something more structured for the babies, like sing along songs, dance, blah blah.. maybe mumies can take turns to lead.. Just like wat they do at the baby gyms.
happy.gif

Hi there!

I stay opp Bukit Ho Swee near to Great world. My son, Jovan, just turn 20 mth old.

Esther: GUG means Growing up Gifted. It's a play school at United Sq. My boy finish his 6 lessons 2-3 months ago and we did not intend to sign him up further. He's still young and concentration still not so good. Will sign him up for other class when he is 2yrs +.

If u mummies intend to have a gathering, let me know k!
1033958.jpg

i bless u
hihi! good to have u around here, join us more ok, othewise seems like a ghost town here. Is GUG good? i heard my other mummy friend also sign up lessons there. DO they have a website? if yes, can give me the add?

Esther: haha! Yeah we were in the same FISH thread i did not notice till u mention!

GUG is not bad lah but is the same routine as with any other school...go in first thing teacher will sing welcome song, then follow up puppet story telling, then abit of phonics,, music class sing n do some action exercise, then have a short break then do small projects. Just that they wont have coencentration to sit still to listern to teacher when she teach or tell story. My boy will @@ here @@ there and also walk around the room touch things. He only like music lesson.

Myboy likes to dance too to those pop/rock n roll music. But i'm thinking of sending him to piano lesson when he's abt 3yrs old. He likes to play those piano in the kids dept or Carrefour those small real piano. I'm also thinking of sending him to abacus classes too.

Initally wanna let him learn Kindermusik but my hubby says tat's not a skill, just any other class for sing n dance n play small instrument.

As he grows older, really need to think what to let him learn things like that.

http://www.gugifted.com/

haha ahha hi forgot to mention my boy name is Will Sen.... hey any one of u buying any flat??? me ytd went to see flat... saw really one that I like very much.... although is resale flat but i really have feelin for it...

hi all mummies,
like this thread!! me also stay telok blangah heights "wave at priscilla and berrysweet"!!!

my boy 7mths, i work at novena sq... oh yah, i'm on the lookout for job... hehehe

mist - sooo cute
happy.gif
my boy is 8mths old. just 1 mth older than yours.

mummies, what food/receipes have you started giving your kiddos? share plsssssssss...

priscilla,
i stay blk 85.

clarissa,
ay, i dun hv specific receipes leh, i just add the ingredients in the porridge, and varies them loh.....

mist do you give cheese, yolks and yoghurt? what about legumes? i give cheddar and wondering if other cheese can be given? i used to give horizon organic yoghurt and wondering if paul's can be given? yolk i din start giving yet. wanting to start giving french beans also. any stuff to share?

clarissa,
i hvn't give even egg yolk yet... hahaha... my last visit to doc, they advise to give yolk at 1 yr.... i will give cheess, probably when my boy is 8mths loh.

french beans huh, you can steam and puree it and put into your porridge cook w pork/chicken... usually i do that loh, steam and puree carrot and add it into the porridge.

Hi all

Have been following thru e post from this thread but didnt join in earlier....

I am a FTWM with 2 boys aged 3yrs n 5 mths staying at Telok Blangah Dr....

hey ivena which blk u stay??? i also living @ drive haha haha...
i don cook for my son de leh.. die~~ my MIL always scold me.. i feed him those outside food...

mist
ur boy so cute.. full of smiles...
happy.gif

clarissa
i give my 10 mth boy yolks, Its gd for their development. Its safe to give them yolks if they are under 1. But for whites, give them only after 1. but if ur PD advice to give yolks only after 1, then better follow his advice. I also give him cheddar cheese slices with milk melt in rice cereal, he loves it a lot.

Good to see so many mumies staying around this area.. Interested in coming to my place for gathering, n get to know u?? We can have a playdate, swimdate and potluck session. I have done it for other mummies, that time we had about 12 mummies turning up, and it was great fun!
happy.gif

what i cook for my bb

brocolli + cauliflower + carrot + salmon in pasta
i just boil everything for 1 hr (salmon n brocolli only last 15 min) in the multifunction cooker. After that, i blend them and serve. However for salmon, i will just mash it with fork till fine.

corn + onion + yolk in brown rice
i boil corn and onion in brown rice for the stock (sweet n tasty). I boil an egg for 15 min till its hard-boiled. Then blend the brown rice in soup stock. I mash the egg yolk and add it into the blend.

esther, thanks for the pointers. am gg to give yolk when my boy reaches 9mths. i think its quite safe bah
happy.gif
yah whites gotta give after 1 yr
happy.gif
i wanna give asparagus this weeekend! so exciting
happy.gif
how old is your boy?? soooo handsome
happy.gif
feel like kissing his cheeks...

esther you mean something like a playgroup? than mummies gotta do anything not? i am totally hopeless when it comes to teaching babies wor
happy.gif

clarissa
my boy is 10 mths. its just an informal playgroup, we let the babies have free play. Mummies dun need to do anything like conduct a class or anything.. we just look after n run after our babies.. hee. Actually mainly is to let us mummies chit chat n gather more than anything... haha
i also give him avocado blended with apple, and add in some rice cereal. Avo have a lot of good fat, its aids in their brain development. Its yummy, even i myself find it yummylicious, its like a dessert. But i dun dare eat too much of it, scared get fat!

esther - sounds good to me! but where do you stay huh? normally whats the timing for such gatherings? weekdays or weekends? i am working thus mon-thur is out for me. fri thru sun is ok though. i work 4day workweek. are the rest working too?

yap i wanna give avocados soon too. maybe when my boy reaches 9mths or so. dun wanna hurry him through too much variety of foods. you gave pasta already? so fun! I wanna give sooooooon tooooooooo! wow... the thought of my son eating pasta simply excites me! hahahah... have you given beef? or pork/chix or any other meats? i wanna start on beef when he reaches 9.5mths. cant wait to give!

Hi esther, how do u blend the avocado? U bought fr NTUC then peel off the skin to put in blender?
My boy so big liao i havent let him try avocado yet, sounds interesting.

Yeah i saw the Telok Blangah tower, v tempting, but i bought my flat already, ready in 2009.

priscilla,
where is this telok blangah tower huh?? is it near the market at the drive?

wah, blk 53 and 54, just 2 bus stop away from my blk leh... hehehe

ivena,
yeah, my boy got dimple, pity that the mummy dun hv!!! hahaha i will love to hv dimple, hv always like guys w dimples!! ;p

ester,
wow, i also wanna try the avocado, sounds really creamy hor.... i think i will blend w apple, my boy likes apple and banana!! whenever he sees me eating them, he will "run" to me in his walker!! hahaha

clarissa
usually gatherings we have on weekdays, but we cld have it on a fri too.. how come u only work 4 day week? special request to ur boss huh? so good.. u get to work n also spend some time with bb. i stay teresa ville, its the condo opposite CHIJ, beside Radin Mas Pri Sch. U have any idea where is it? I give my boy chicken n fish so far.

i bless u , mist
the avos r frm ntuc. but usually when u buy, its a nice greenish colour, which is not ripe yet. After i buy, i leave it out in the open (dun put in fridge)for 2 days. The skin will turn into brownish colour. When u press it, it is slightly soft. Means it has ripen oredi, n ready to b eaten. When ripe, u can peel off the skin easily. I only use half of an avo blend with half an apple. The other half of the avo, (with seed in it) i put in air tight container n keep in fridge for tomolo. DUN remove the seed, as the seed helps to preserve the freshness of the avo. Other than apple, i also blend with banana. its really creamy n tasty! Try them, avos contains a lot of good fat, esp good if u wana fatten up ur bb! haha...

Esther: Many thanks for ur receipe, when we wanna blend, we have to remove the seed right? Oh i know where is Teresa Ville, been there several times my gf used to stay there but now rented out her hse.
There's a very nice lor mee at Bt Purmei, I simply love it!

i bless u
ye, when u wana blend u must remove seed. i usually cut into smaller pcs then blend, easier to blend till smooth. otherwise there may be chunks.
The lor mee ah, i know! There is alwasys a Q leh.. but hor, personally i find it so so only leh.. Hey come 1 day, we go n eat together.
happy.gif
we r so near.. Can bring our babies out to walk walk too.

Back