IVF at NUH--feedback pls

Mel, Imperial Treasures porridge.. sounds nice.
Mel, Blue, yeah.. Friday will be our eventful day..
Siddhi, same as me.. I also got 7 fertilized embryos.

Cool- yeah, yum yum. Yah, Fri, let's pray and hope fri brings us good luck and materialize our dreams. Same to Blue too.
Embryologist called said of the 13 follicles, 9 retrieved, 6 matured and 6 fertilized. but she said only if > 6 good quality embryos then will be considered for D5 blasto transfer. So I m D3.

Think Fri is the good day for Mel & cool.
My ET date might be sat, I still waiting for Blood test result call this afternonn.
Mel-Gd numbers also.

Actually ET on sat gd, no need start mc so early. But for Blue, think u work in public sector so mc not an issue one right? Pray v hard that WE ALL get BFP, bb heartbeat, bring a cute healthy bb hm

Hi sistas, confirm that today is ovulation day, so now is to wait for chr call when embrologist will thaw then embrologist will call & saw thaw how many & exact time to do ET.
Waiting game again.
Mel-MC on which day is not a issue. On sat, at least these few days I can clear & delegate my work.
This round to me is like I going on annual leave of feeling, not so gan cheong to finish & think of many things at work.

Blue - sorry somehow I missed ur previous msg for me. Prof advised me crinone gel, Utrogestan tab, Estrofem tab. All taken thru vagina.

Blue & Mel - All the best for ET. I will pray for all of us.

Hi ladies
happy.gif

I've read the previous posts and it seems that a lot of you here are already on your IVF journey. Well done for coming this far
happy.gif
! Remember to keep positive throughout... Eat right and exercise
happy.gif
. I pray that all of you will succeed
happy.gif

Cool, congratulations!!! Your efforts paid off! I know that you're having your blood test done today, I'm crossing my fingers for you babe!

As for me, I've just crossed the 31 week mark. 9 more to go! I'm so looking forward to it
happy.gif

Baby dust to all!
happy.gif

Hi sistas, I have done my scan. Saw and heard the heartbeats! The first time I am hearing bb's heartbeats. It's like horse galloping sound. I am so happy and relieved now. Got to see Prof in 2 weeks time.
Soul, thanks. You will hold your bb in hand in 9 weeks time.. All the best.
Mel, all the best for your ET.

Hi Everyone! How is everybody doing?
I have already given birth to my baby boy on 29 Feb 2012, a leap year baby. I gave birth at 34+6 weeks via emergency c-sect, my gynae Dr Stephen Chew did the operation for me. My waterbag was already leaking and had bacteria going in and cause baby to be distress and me, had a high fever. Rushed to NUH via ambulance. He had to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks and now is back in my arms.
happy.gif

Cool - good luck to your ET and please take care yah!
happy.gif

Andreanie- congrats! So envious... Enjoy ur maternity leave and motherhood! Hope all of us who are still trying can 'graduate' w results.
Blue- all the very best to ur ET today!

Good morning ladies
happy.gif
!

@Cool: Congrats again! I pray that you'll have a safe and wonderful full term pregnancy
happy.gif
. Please keep us updated on your baby's gender in about 10 weeks' time!
happy.gif

@Blue: All the best on your ET today Blue! May your 2 embies stick close to you for the next 40 weeks!
happy.gif

@Andreanie: Congratulations babe! Finally yeah?? I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through some complications, but everything turned out fine at the end! Leap year baby, how special!
happy.gif
I still have 9 more weeks to go...
happy.gif
Enjoy motherhood dear!
happy.gif

To the rest of the sisters here, don't lose hope! Keep positive thoughts throughout. And someday soon, all of you will be joining those whom are already on the journey of motherhood.
happy.gif
Baby dust to all!

Coolcool, congrats on hearing your bb's heartbeat. I am sure you must be really happy and excited! So nice! Wish I can quickly advance to your current stage.;p

Please take care and wish you a smooth pregnancy k?

Hi all, thanks for your well wishes.

Blue, all the best for your ET. Enjoy your 2ww.
Siddhi, how are you? So far so good? When is your BT?
Mel, enjoy your 2ww.
Andreanie, sorry to hear you had to go through some complications. Your bb is so special, leap year bb! Enjoy your motherhood. I am already pregnant. It's natural this time. I tried TCM while waiting for my 2nd FET and it strikes!
Soul, yay! only 9 more weeks to go.
Joyfully, you too from NUH eh? Thanks. It's really amazing to hear bb's heartbeats!

Coolcool, I am not from NUH. I ask for your opinion weeks before on NUH. But because it is far from my home, hence I decided to opt for CARE instead.

Popped in here to read the posts and saw your comments on bb's heartbeats. Jiayou, Coolcool!

Andreanie- congrats
So sorry that u have to go through the stressful time but now yr bundle of joy is worth it right.
Soul-Thanks for the well wishes
Now do not need to sleep in tilted position & they gave us embryos photos
U take care, u will be seeing yr boy soon
Cool- gd to hear the heartbeats
Today is abit chaotic in day surgery ward as they are having medical student exam
But got to chat with some ET ladies
I think one of them is SJX
Wave SJX
Anyway SJX enjoy yr 2ww with Korean movies
I hope to see when we are having proluton jabs after bfp

Hi ladies

I have always been a silent reader and just did my embryo transfer but not in NUH n have lot worries....so hope u ladies can help me

First day of transfer, I lie for an hour and I went pee, will effect?
Is it ok to sleep side way? As I did without noticing it at night
2nd day of the transfer, I already need to do house work but is those light chores like wash plates as I have no one to help me at home, so does it matter ?

Lastly , I kept walking n sit up as alway got call n need to drink water, basically not lying still
sad.gif
will it effect the implantation , will the egg be still there?

Hi Hoping, do not get so worried. U should try to keep stress-free.

The embryo if placed properly into the uterus should not 'fall" out. In NUH, we have bed rest for 2hrs. If need pee, usually can get a bedpan. This is to avoid getting up and down. But now they do not insist, can go toilet yourself if u want to.
I don't think sleeping sideways matters. How can we limit our sleeping position esp after we have fallen deep in sleep? If sleeping position matters, nurses and Drs would have advised
us.
Simple chores is ok. Not mop floor, squart up and down, anything that is tiring is no no.
It cannot be expected that we lie on bed for 24hrs a day. Many sistas spent their 2ww being couch potato watching tv programmes. But do try get some bed rest, that's what the mc is all about; so that we minimise stress, physical activities but get enough rest.

Don't worry so much. Keep a happy spirit and pray for success.

Good luck!

Hi ladies

How r u all?

I did my embryo transfer, 2 embryo and the rest never make it
So sad, hope my 2 babies can make it.

Also a little disappointed as during my procedure in NUH, beside in the theater room I never really see Prof or CHR staff at all....

Never really lie down but try to lie as much as possible. Very hard to be gentle and slow pace or can said I can never make it. Die lah

Oh ya funny question... Will laughing too hard , coughing cause the embryo be out? As was laughing non stop to a show haaaaa

Finally, ladies mind sharing your "symptom" / "feeling" during your days in 2ww?

Me now is day 5, cramp on and off and that it.

Hi SJX, just hope the two inside at least one gives a positive BFP.
I think post ET Prof doesn't come by. But u should be given an appt to see him at clinic 3-4th day after transfer.
I have slowed down my pace first 5 days post transfer then I went back to work le as there is no one to do my work :-(

BTW, anyone here can advise, just now I cleaned myself, the crinone dried discharged came out. Today is the first time in this cycle it came out (and quite a bit). Then I saw faint pink specks within the crinone discharge. Scared. Dunno if it's gd or bad cos in my prev FET I had similar experience and was BFN. Anyone knows by which day can do urine pregnancy test

hi mel_melj

i thought it normal for the gel to come out?
as i have it like every time i went pee....

i did ask nurses is it normal for the gel to come out, they told me it ok... as long no bleeding....

SJX- u mean every day u will have the crinone discharge?? Even my previous time, the discharge comes out after several days later not everyday.

Coolcool, How are you? My BT is on Monday and now the nervousness is creeping in.

Blue: How are you doing? Hope we all get good news after our respective BT and share the joy together...When is your BT?

Mel & SJX, I am also having discharge. Initially discharge was of Utrogesten Tabs & from last few days Estrofen & crinone is also coming out. I sometimes feel that AF will come from last 2 days. Just keeping my patience and trying not to read between the lines.

Lee, how are you? Why u silent from last few days? When is your BT? Hope you are doing great.

Hi siddhi, failed my ivf n was pretty miserable. Didn't want to bring negative vibes in so I thought will just recuperate first before trying again. :p I'm feeling better now. My boss was aware n told me to try again but I was actually laughing because I was like away for 3weeks for tis cycle n now u're telling me to try again n I'll be away again. Anyway I appreciate his kind gestures. Good luck to all the ladies here. ;)

SJX- I don't know. Just that I didn't have such experience and I thought it should be absorbed and the clumps only come out after several days (what goes in must come out theory?) Since u have already checked with CHR nurse there should not be cause for alarm. Just cont to pray and keep fingers crossed.

Hi sistas, the discharges are normal. Sometime might even have pinkish colour. Chr nurse mention is coz body will push out those that was not absorb.
So don worry.
Mel- likely k check on 11 day bah, coz I check after I had brown discharge on last round.
Siddhi-Gd luck for yr BT on Mon.
Lee-hugz
Take this time go rest well & relax, before decide yr next step

Siddhi, Thanks. I am fine. Just a bit of nausea. All the best for your BT tomorrow.
Blue, Mel and Shi Jia Xin, when is your BT? All of your BT date must be closed to each other. Jiayo Jiayo..
happy.gif

Hi Ladies, My BT is negative....Now will start with snow babies soon. Keeping up the faith.

Emily, sorry for my delay in response. No I am not under subsidized rate, therefore i dont have idea on it. May be other sisters can help u here.

Lee, take care of urself. I can very well understand what you a going thru. Keep up the faith.

What is BT?

Anyway how do we know is fail and roughly at which day we will know?

Me having super bad cramp and spotting... Trying to keep my faith

Sidhi and Lee, sorry to hear about your story.
Stay strong, you will suceed in your next attempt. I failed then i succeed in my next attempt. You ladies may be in the same boat as me.
Blue, when is your transfer? or have you done yours.
Soul, i am sure you are eagerly waiting for your arrival of your prince.
Cool, do take care of yourself.

Siddhi, hugs.. Please try again. You better rest well before starting next FET.
Shi Jia Xin, BT is blood test. The BT we refer here is blood test for pregnancy. How many days after your ET? You can inform CHR that you got spotting. So that you can go for early blood test. If positive, you can have early support for pregnancy.
Su, thanks. I am sure you are pretty busy with your bb and work. Enjoy your motherhood.
happy.gif

Blue and Mel, when is your BT? All the best.

Thanks Su, Blue & cool. Yes I will try again and will not give up. Want to know what is the success rate for FET? Any Idea?

Blue - I have 5 snowbabies. I can only start after my April cycle as Prof is not in Singapore for next 1 week & my next appointment is only on 13th April. Lets see what is next. Keeping up the faith. You take care & rest well. When is ur BT? Waiting to collect babydust from u....

Su- I am in 2ww, BT on fri.
SJX- better call chr if u have spotting, maybe is good news, due to implantation 
Siddhi- normally Prof will say wait for at least 2 round of menses then next step. Becos yr next is FET maybe can be done earlier? Check with him.

Blue - any idea what is the success rate for FET? Is it as good as Fresh cycle? My appointment with Prof is only on 13th April so there are so many questions unanswered. All the best & be happy...

Siddhi- I can't answer yr question
If I bfp then I will say chance is high, haha
But I k tell u is that the whole process, I don't feel so stressful & tedious coz no injection or med involve, as my is natural FET
The only stress is the scans & whether I able to do ET, after the thaw.
Try to list down yr questions & 'bomb' at Prof

Blue - I will pray that you get BFP...13th April seems too far to resist these questions ;) what are the chances that thawing will be successful? what was your result? like how many frozen you had? and how many thawed?

So is this your first frozen embryo transfer?

Siddhi- think thawing success, Prof also can't give u definite answer, coz it all depend on yr quality of embryos
I got the call from embrologist on Sat morning before transfer.
Out of 5, 2 cannot make it (arrested), 2 survive the thaw but become 4 cells. They are both 7 cells before frozen.
That mean I have only 1 frozen left.
But no matter how many cells they are, I have faith that they will grow well in my womb.
Now, I only k pray very hard that I bfp with them

Back