IVF at NUH--feedback pls

Cool- Congrats to u! Grab ur baby dust!  Good that ur HCG level is high. Like what Blue said, twins or singleton not impt, BB healthy is the most impt. Happy for u! Meanwhile u take good care and keep us posted! We need more gd news here!

Blue- I've started immunocal le. I use a shaker but it is always foamy such that I have to clear the foam away before drinking. Weird "bland" taste, yucky! So I alternate with an orange drink called Abound. High protein 14g!
Started on gonal f and also saw Dr Sheila for immunological tests. I have thyroid antibodies but no thyroid problem. Dr Sheila put me on IvIg standby. And the one shock was, the tests cost 1k!!! Amazing right? When the cashier told me the bill I was like, huh?! Anyway it offered me new hope. It's better to know than not knowing. Dunno will nor know what's wrong. Knowing, at least if $$ can help solve problem, any amt is never too much a price to pay.

Keep my fingers crossed and grab all the BB dusts!

Thanks Cool but I try to be healthy, avoid commercial "juices". No time to juice fresh fruits myself cos I take immunocal before going to work and by time return and have dinner already 830-9pm.
Cool, ur efforts are paid off. Those TCM, brewing and God blessings

Hey Mei
To prevent the foam, just add a teaspoon of milo / chocolate powder
The foam is actually the immouncal powder n once mix with milo powder / chocolate it become water

Hi Ladies, Went to NUH today for scanning & Blood Test. I have 26 follicles so there is risk of OHSS.Follicles sizes are around 16.5 mm. So probably ER will be on Saturday.

Hi Siddhi, try to eat egg whites and protein drinks.
I also had about 20 follicles before ER and I felt bloated. I ate 4 egg whites and drank one pack of immunocal.

coolcool, I am a vegetarian so cannot take egg white but my protein intake is really high these days. For you did Prof proceed with ET? I am really worried now.

Hi ladies, embyologists called and inform 3rd fertilized egg did not make it in the lab.
sad.gif
was so sad I couldn't sleep last nite but was nice of her to encourage me the 2 eggs placed inside me are e best eggs n told me nt to be worried. 2dae went all e way down to hear dr chew say: ok let's wait for next week to test my blood if I'm pregnant or not. Onli 5 follicles were abstracted from me & 3 fertilized. Now praying hard the other 2 inside me are doing well. I don't really feel anything, not bloated or breast tenderness... Nothing at all... Abit disheartened. Don't want to share negative vibes here but I really have no one to talk to & dunwan hubby to know I'm feeling down also. Thks for e listening ears ladies...

Siddhi, in the end only 10 eggs were extracted and I was ok. So proceed with ET.

Lee, don't worry. It only needs one embryo for a baby. How many days passed after ET? I think it's still early to feel anything. Don't lost hope. Jiayo Jiayo.

Siddhi- when scan I had 20+ follicles. Prof told me the risk & ask whether to continue?
I decided to go ahead, retrieve 19 follicles.
I take immunocal which help alot.
Lee-is difficult to tell u don worry. But try to stay positive & talk it out.
Be zen, u just need 1 egg & 1 sperm to be bfp
Cool- hope all go well for U

Thks ladies, already done ER on 2nd march, ET was done on 28th feb. today is e 6th day e eggs are inside me but I dun feel anything. Nvm. Can only hope for e best... Ya lor, also comforting myself I just need one although hoping both to be able to be a success as well. Hmm...

Blue, how's ur appointment with Prof on 7/3? You started your natural FET already?
I have done my first scan on 6 March. I think Prof worried and asked me to go for scan at FCC bec of my high HCG level and brown staining. I was 5 weeks pregnant that time. Only empty sac can be seen.
sad.gif
.. but Prof is optimistic. He said it's still early. But the sonographer said yolk sac should be seen with this high HCG level. I don't know if it's still early or I only have empty sac. Any way will know for sure in next scan. Which is on 16 March. Hoping for the best.

Cool-I done my scan yesterday, has 8mm follicle on right side on day 10 of cycle.
Prof say is still small, so scan again on Sat.
CHR side say depend on the size on sat, would be taking the LH level.
For U, think Prof might worry ectopic as beta so high.
If Prof say ok, then don think too much ok. No point to have negative thoughts.
Have positive thoughts. I'm rooting for U.
Anyway I do not have good impression of the sonographers in FCC. Had bad experience there.
Think is too early.
Do update us after 16/3.

lee-is still too early to feel anything.
Every pregnancy is different, so do not read the signs & symptoms.
Sometimes U do not even feel anything & U are actually BFP.

hi ladies,

good for u all having so many eggs...
yesterday i went for my scan and blood test.. my body isnt reacting to gonalF well so Prof increase my dosage..
i only have 4 only the right and 1 on the left that IT! measuring 10 cm/mm for all
sad.gif

some how i wish to have more

no feeling of bloating only constant headache throughout the whole 2 weeks on injection

Hi All, Just came back from NUH. My ER is on Saturday morning. My few follicles are now 18.5 mm now. Sisters there advised me to have ensure milk for protein and drink lots of water. Just praying hard that everything goes well.

SJX, have faith in God, everything will be alright. You are on which day of ur Gonal F Jab? Take good care of urself, rest well.

Lee, do not be sad even with only 2 fertilised egg. When i did my 3rd fresh, I had 5 follicles too. Was very sad when embryologist told me that only 2 were fertilised. I was so afraid that both will not make it. On ER day, one of the egg was good but the other was not so. I kept on praying that i can get a bfp which i indeed got pregnant
happy.gif

Cool, relax and hope all will be ok.

Blue, all the best for FET
Siddhi and sjx, all the best to your ER and ET

Hi SJX,
Tks for ur tips. I shall do that. That means I've been wasting $$ cos I've been discarding the foam and drink only the remaining liquid.

Talking about high protein, why dun try Abound. I got it from NUH pharmacy. Not cheap but it has 14g of protein leh and most of all, orange flavour and tasted much better than immunocal. Ensure got protein but seems to be more like a meal replacement drink, makes one full. I want to eat my normal solid food lor 

SJX- what dose of gonal f r u on? Like what all other sistas here said, all it takes is one good one to BFP. Dun give up hope. Many of us here been thru alot in this ivf journey too. Jia you!

Cool- Take care meanwhile and God bless u!

Su, thanks. how are you doing?
mel, thanks. what stage are you in now?
SJX, 225 is not considered not high, I think. My dosage was 225. My friend's dosage was 375 all the way until ER.
Siddhi, all the best for your ER tomorrow.
Lee, enjoy your 2ww.
Blue, all the best for your FET.

SJX- I'm on 225 too, I dun think it's considered high. My prev fresh w Prof was also 225. Prof said my response then was gd so continued this time.

Cool- I'm at gonal f stage. Oocyte retrieval shd be next week. This time I ddnt ask much cos every time I'm in a big rush; rushing off to work. Tmr I'll be seeing Prof then I can ask all I need to 

Mel-Did not realize that U would be there this morning. Would have wave to U, haha.
U are how many days on gonal F already?
Super crowded right? I was there this morning.
Today my follicle is 16.5mm, lining 9. Done Blood test & urine test.
Scan & BT on Mon again.

Mel and Blue,

Your ET day will be about the same? Or may be Blue is a little bit earlier. I was there on Friday. That day was my injection day and I wanted to ask if my dusphaston and progesterone dosage should be increased since I still got brown spotting (especially 2 days after injection). I even got red spotting on Thursday night. I so freak out and thought it's a gone case. Prof was not there. So I asked Sharon and she said duphaston intake can be increased to 3 times a day (from two times a day). So far no spotting..

Siddhi,
All the best for your ER today.

Cool-My ET likely be Thurs or Fri, depend on Mon scan.
Need to ask U, during yr FET, did Prof check yr progesterone level?
When I was on clomid before under Prof Biswas, progesterone check was done on day 21 & was on low side.
So I wonder he would increase my support during 2ww.
I asked Sharon, which she told me to ask Prof on Mon.

Hi Blue and Cool, i'm at Day 10. OR next Tues.
Blue- I requested for progesterone jab for my 2wks. Last time I asked for it too. Prof said crinone gel suffice but I KS mah. I feel I"ll have a peace of mind having it cos I just worry not having enuf cos we dun get to do BT for progesterone during the 2ww mah.

Mel- ok, I will try to ask him tomorrow.
1st fresh he had given progesterone jab, but still bfn.
2nd fresh no jabs as too many follicles retrieved.

Thanks everyone. My ER went well & my ET will be tomorrow. No Stomach cramps now but Feeling bloated. Just praying that everything goes well.

Mel- I need to ask u, when u request for the progesterone jabs is how frequent?
How u ask him?
I tried asking him tis morning but he say crinione is enough, maybe I use wrong tactic
K teach me how to ask him?
I did ask him need to do progesterone BT & he just reply don't need.
Think tis morning he super moody
I need to see him again tomorrow morning, hope he is friendlier

Blue- maybe like u said, he was moody or u sounded like seeking his opinion only? I said smith like this "Prof, can u prescribe Progesterone jab for me, like the last time?" then he said more is not better, studies shown crinone gel is good enuf. But if u want, I can prescribe for u. The reason why we do not actively prescribe for patients is bcos it has to be jabbed. If u dun mind the pain... Then he said no major side effects from taking both. Then I told him to give me alt days lor.

But I think, tmr u see him, DON'T say he gave so and so (me) cos I think he would get offended. U just tell him " Prof, I thought abt it, I feel more assured if I could have extra progesterone jab" I dun mind the jab/pain, can you please prescribe for me?" Prof is a reasonable man, he see you know what u want and prepared for the pain, he will surely give u de.

His ladies, busy week for many of you here.
Maybe I like to share about the jab during 2ww.
Prof may be true that more may not mean better.
But if you feel happier having more go ahead.

I was only given the jab for my 2nd cycle partly it was only
Introduce then. But I did not get pg. I got pg with only the gel.

Morning Mel & Su
Thanks for the advise
I was more tempt to ask him to do progesterone BT so that if level is low then have more support.
I will try my luck if not then I will just ask for more support straight

Siddhi, how was your ET? How many eggs retrieved? Still bloating? Take care and enjoy your 2WW.
Mel, how was your ER?
Blue, were you in clinic this morning? I was there too for a jab. Did you get the green light for progesterone jabs? When is your ET? How many frozen embbies you still have?
Jia Xin, how's everything? You are quiet these days.
My ultrasound scan is this Friday. Quite anxious.. Hopefully I can see heartbeat.

Cool, Mel & Su- I manage to ask for more support. He agreed w the crinone gel twice a day. Did not get the jab coz Sharon did mention pregnyl is more hcg jab which might not help is main concern is to increase progesterone
I still awaiting for call when is ET coz the scan & Bt don't tally
5 snowbabies from 2nd fresh
Su- I agreed with u that jabs might not help
Like prof say more crinone in studies show don't help, but coz he don't check proesterone blood test, only way is to increase the dosage

Cool- I'm post OR in day surgery rm. retrieved 9. Feeling ok. I find it much betr than my last at Gleneagles. The prev was terrible and gastric. Keeping fingers crossed on outcome this time. Pray that u will have good news on Fri. Keep talking to fetus inside u.

Blue- good that u managed to get Corinne 2x a day. Last time Prpf didn't give me Pregnyl. It was IM progesterone. Pregnyl is HCG will give false positive so no no.
What did he say abt progesterone BT? Dunno why Nuh doesn't practice this. I know KK does.

Mel Mel, thanks.
9 is a good number. Have you eaten? I was so so hungry after ER and kept asking the nurse when I can eat. hehe.. I was only allowed to eat after a doctor came and checked around 5 pm. The embryologist will call and report about your embryos tomorrow morning. All the best. Rest well.

Cool- Tks. yah I was like u but appeared more like a hungry ghost! I asked for 2 biscuits 2 milo. Prof just came to see me. He said we did well. I was surprised cos earlier on another Dr saw me already. I'm waiting for my hubby to come pick me and bring me yummy food. I ordered Imperial Treasures porridge. Like starved. Haha.

Mel- gd numbers.
I didn't know has IM progesterone. He just mention that don't need the blood test.
Anyway I don favor jab lah. Ok with the crinone gel already.
My LH has raise compare to yesterday so tomorrow has to go Nuh again. Hope ET on fri, then mel if u et on fri, we will be cycle buddy

coolcool, ET went well. I am back home. 15 eggs retrieved but only 10 matured and 7 fertilized. Feeling much better now though still very much bloated.trying to be happy & relaxed. Hope u and ur babies doing good.

Siddhi- gd numbers.
Just curious did prof give u any jabs during 2ww, progesterone or pregnyl? On any tab Dostinex?
Waiting for yr babydust.

Back