Dr L C Foong from Gleneagles

Vinwee,
Are you taking clomid now? I thought you are not seeing Dr. LCF and trying naturally. Sorry, I am a bit confused. You have to be careful with clomid. can not take it indefinitely. Otherwise, during my 2ww, I have not stepped out of my house! My "First" outing will be for BT this Friday.

Baby,
I understand that you feel anxious. ER is under GA so the only pain I felt was when the anaesthesist poked my hands. After that, I am in dream land. When I wake up, I am still in the theater. Then, they make sure you are Ok before being sent back to your room. You will stay about 4 hours in the ward (day ward) and the nurse will keep checking on you. I did not have any bleeding but better bring sanitary pad (just in case). Anyway, once you are admitted in the ward, you will change in gown and you ll need to take off everything. There is a locker in the room where you can keep all your belongings. ER is usually in the morning (so you will need to fast).

ET is done at the same operating theatre than ER but you are conscious. Dr. LCF said it is like an IUI so as you already had done 4 before, you should know what to expect. The lab is just next to the OT so the embryologist will check that all embryos are in. ET is very uncomfortable because you must have a full bladder. That's really the toughest part. The good thing is that after ET, Dr. will put a catherer to let the urine go. So, you don't need to stand/just rest and lie down on the bed. This is usually quite the critical time as movements should be minimized. After that, you are sent back to your ward and you really should try not to move. It was really uncomfortable because I still wanted to pee (but did not dare to move). The hospital lets you stay for another 3 hours. I guess that's the reason we pay so much (compared to gvt hospitals) as we are allowed bed rest in hospital!

During 2ww, Dr F has given me progesteron inserts (2 a day), pills (estrogen) and some pregnyl injections (3 injections)

I had 21 eggs so my tummy is really huge now. Felt bloated after ER but now it is much better. According to other forums, need to eat lots of white eggs (cooked, not raw) to reduce bloatedness. Costs of IVF really depends on your puregon dosage as one box is 420. I think should be around 15k. For Medisave, you will sign the forms when you are admitted at Gleneagles. But, you need to pay first and Medisave will reimburse you only later. So, this is time to get points on your credit card
happy.gif
For first IVF, I think you are right, it is 6k, then down to 5k for 2nd one and 4k for 3rd one.

You may also put aside some money for insurance. The price depends on the number of embryos you want to transfer. For 2 embryos, it is quite reasonable at 120 but for 3, it is 700+. This is optional and you have 7 days from ET to decide. The insurance helps in case babies are born prematurely and need to stay in ICU.

Good luck! Your journey is starting soon.

Baby,
Oh, Supression means the jab to stop you normally? That can can travel, then aft the stimulate eggs jab, better don't ya... since put in effort oledi.

Oh ya... You taking plane? I remember dr said, if you wan to travel, better get a letter from you as you will need to bring medicine and the needle, in case the custom check and ask for it. I remember someone in this thread mentioned before as well. Try to check before you leave.

Dream,
I am not in clomid now. Had it last time, for 1 cycle, 1/2 tablet fr 5 days.

Now, since I wanted to prepare for it, I stop travel as well. For those month i wanted to travel, then I will just take it easy and don't put much hope on it lor.

I heard people take lot of egg white as well, heard some extremely bloated one took raw. Not sure.

I just read a cooking book few minutes ago, the listed down fish, chicken and beef got high protein also, you may want to boil fish soup and drink?

Any other uncomforatble other than bloatedness? Like vomitting aft jab or diarrhea?

you are a brave girl and very discpline.

Counting down dfor you. Wednesday in 30 mins time.

Thanks VInwee,
Seems you are like me! I also like to read all posts, Learn from it. I also like to read the successful stories. Give me hope
happy.gif

Yep, I have been taking a lot more proteins since I started on puregon. Don't dare to take beef though because I like it rare and it may not be so good during this period to eat raw/uncooked food. Don't want to take any chance! Same for egg whites, I will cook them. Otherwise, there is a risk of salmonella (?)...not sure of spelling. so, better be safe. I take home cooked chicken essence every 3 days.

Your dosage for clomid is rather low. So, I guess you don't have problem ovulating. Have you tried accupuncture? A lot of people in other forum mentions Dr. Zhou in AMK.

Do you know when you are ovulating? otherwise, they have these ovulation kits.

Apart from bloatedness, I am actually constipated! Trying to eat prunes and dragonfruits.

Thanks for your encouragement. Called nurse and she agreed to let me test one day earlier! So, one day less of agony! Will test tomorrow morning!

Dream,
I have yet try accupuncture yet.

Is that O doesn't mean the follicle got egg everytime? I don't have problem to ovulate, but to correct my hormone level.

I dare not take raw beef. You can try to beef shank (not sure the spelling) to boil soup. My hubby put this beef shank and buy the spices from the indian store from wet market (consist of like ba jiao etc), then tomatoes, potatoes and boil and just drink the soup, the beef is soft and nice.

Another one is boil fish soup, instead of steam fish (which has less soup), put in tomota and slow cooker boil it together with fish bone, then aft that put in the fish when you want to eat, so can drink the soup and eat the fish, we do put in a bit of "si suan cai" to make it a bit tasty.

Oh ya... don't eat banana, orange and "bai cai", radish will cause more bloatedness. This is told by one of the TCM when I got bloatedness.

Why do you have constipation? Did you call dr and check out will your jab cause this?

Remember to update us your result tmr. Good luck.

thanks for the tips. How do you improve your hormone imbalance? Is it through healthier diet? I had cut carb from my diet but I think this caused some hormonal imbalance. So I am taking wholemeal bread in the morning now.

I mentioned my constipation to the dr and he was not surprised. I guess it is a usual side effect. His advice was to drink prune juice and plums. And it worked! So this is my daily fruit. I eat lots of vegetables so was surprised to have constipation for so many days.

Excited and scared for tomorrow. The wait will sure be agonizing!

Dream,
Carb = carbo like rice?

I am not sure if mine is really call hormone imbalance. I am not Ovulate on day 14. Maybe a bit later like day 16 or 17. I can't used the O test coz it show I O even on day 4 from the 1st day of my menses.

I heard there's one TCM is yishun very good. Not sure, but a friend and his friends' wife all can get pregnant aft seeing it.

I just eat normal, oats with milk, egg white for breakfast.

a friend's wife told me, when she aiming for baby (coz they hubby dun wan, and she dun wan as well but her family wan) she keep eating fish.

Your constipation solve?

Remember to let us know your test tomorrow. Cross my finger for you.

Yup lets us knw yr result tml ya dream.. So excited for u..

Btw anyone has the list of tins to eat during each phase of ivf? I read from a thread they show the list like egg white, chicken essence, brazil nuts etc.. I lost that list..

HI baby,

Egg white. animal protein is higher than plant protein (e.g soya). I heard during your ivf u might increase your bloadtedness, so you might want to take more half boil egg white than hard boil. Coz TCM was saying, hard boil more diff to digest and will gv you the feeling of full if you take more.

I just read an article few days back, chick, beef, fish got very high protein, which beef and chicken is higher than fish. Boild chicken soup, beef soup and fish soup. Do you know how to cook? Or anybody cooking for you?

vinwee and baby
Dr called and it is bfn. I am really sad. I had so much hope. I don't know how long it will take me to recover. I will certainly stop there. But please continue your journey. Everybody is different and you girls are much younger so your chances are higher. Thanks for being there for me when I needed support.

Dear Dream,

Thought your BT is tomorrow? Dr call you for? Today is only your home test rite?

Please be strong.

Do you want to try natural way? I try to get the contact from my friends who mentioned the yishun TCM.

My heart goes with you. Be strong. I remembered Dr f mentioned before, don't get this affect our normal life. It's hard now, but be strong!

vinwee
I asked for earlier BT because I could not stand the wait any longer. So went down for BT this morning. Thanks for your kind words. Tcm is difficult for us as we have both problems. Take care.

Im sorry dream.. Did u mgt to speak to dr f? Did he explain the failed reason? Do try to thk more positvely.. U hvt reach 40 yet..u stil have time to try again.. I knw its so hard now.. I also duno wat else i can say.. Im also worried mine will fail..

I just started my first injection of superfact.. 50ml each day.. And see dr f 2 weeks later for BT and scan.. To see when to start stimulation drug.. Dr f show me my previous day 2 BT.. My fsh at 5.3.. He say its v gd.. Meaning i dun have to need high dose of drug to stimulate.. He say he aiming for 250 to 300 dose each day.. He hopes to have 20 follicles..

Hi Baby,
Glad to see your update.

Are you going to travel, remember to check if you need letter. I remember wanbb mentioned Dr gv her the letter.

Glad you are in good starting point. Did you check with Dr. if low dosage means will not coz so much bloatedness?

Have a smooth journey.

vinwee and baby,
thanks for your nice words. Please continue your journey and be strong. Hope to hear positive news soon from both of you. Good luck

dr say sure will hv bloatednese.. Cos the ovaries being stimulated but he wil monitor closely to avoid ohss.. I ask abt icis.. He say he will decide.. Probably he will have half eggs for icis and the rest normal fertilsatiion depending how many eggs retrived n the quality.. Its gona be a long and emotionally journey ahead.. And physical too..

Vivwee
Hows yr tcc now? Seeing dr f for any treatment?

Dream
Thks for yr encoragement.. I hope u r feeling better nw.. I knw its never easy to face failure.. I have 4 failed iuis.. Its something others may nt understand unless u went thru it.. Pls dun give up ok.. And do drop by here to vent any emotional feelings here.. Our ears are for u..

Dream,

Be strong. It's hard when I tried iui as well when my AF reported.

You may try naturally, who know w/o stress, it will give you surprise?

Whatever your choice is, take it easy.

Baby,
Yet seeing Dr f. Will see how.

Please take it esy for your journey.

I remembere the rest mentioned the hard part is the OHSS, so long Dr monitor closely that one, you should be okie. Remember to eat more protein to avoid it.

Btw, you go for accupuncture?

no... no taking any tcm... solely base on dr f only... hopefully its ok... cos its too stressful and time consuming and costly to see tcm at the same time.. but i know it may boast the chances of success...

i started the suprefact injection... its quite painful... i inject on my tummy... its really painful when the needle goes in... i tried injecting at the buttocks using the pen for my iui... not as painful as injecting at the tummy... but angeline say tummy better so no choice... got to endure everytime... at least a mth of injection ahead...

baby,
js endure a bit, everything will be worth.

read some other thread. if you didn't take TCM, just boil chicken essence and drink 2 or 3 times a week lor.

injecti tummy still painful, think u must be slim and no fat in your tummy area.
happy.gif

hahaha... no leh... i not really skinny... i wish i am.... hee...

so u now trying naturally? btw may i know how old are u?

i wonder how is dream now... she dont come here as often now.. hope she is feeling better...i can totaly understand how it feels... i wont know how to handle if i fail this ivf also... im worried too.. with years of trying naturally with ovulation testing... then to 4 failed iuis... and now embarking on ivf when i totally reject the idea of going thru ivf in the past... just hope i will be lucky enough to succeed on the first try...

Baby,
Maybe she will silent reader at the moment? Hope she will get strong.

Reading thru all this, IVF is not a easy journey, you are brave. Like wanbb mentioned before, ohss really killing, like dunno how many times more surfering than giving birth. And aft IVF, then m/c... even worse. Just take it easy.

Ya... i will try a few times more. I am 31 this year. Age is cathing up. I try to used ovulation kits, it doesn't work for me as I even tested to be O on my day 4 from the first day of my menses.

How's your progress so far?

vinwee and baby,
yep, you are right..been a silent reader...started work yesterday and that's keeping me busy...although it is really hard to get back to work! days are moving so slow...

good luck to both of you. it is really a difficult journey but many of them reach their goal. so, continue to be positive. You are still young and age is on your side.

We haven't decided yet on our next actions. Stop all or try again...It is difficult emotionally and financially! IVF is really expensive under Dr. F. Will have a review meeting with Dr in a month time. I will keep you posted and I hope to read good news this month from both of you
happy.gif

Dream,
Thanks for all your encounranging words.

How are you so far? Your bloatedness all gone?

dr F asked you to go back in a mth time for review?

Maybe you wanted to try naturally. Should I try to get the add for the TCM in yishun? a lot of ppl commented is good. Just try, no harm.

You take care. Love to hear from you again.

Vinwee,
Yes, I am physically fine! no bloatedness and I had my menses 2 days after I stopped all medications. Yes, Dr. F asked us to see him in a month time to review. There is no rush since need body to rest for 2-3 months. I guess will go there to hear him out.

Quite impossible for us to try naturally since both of us have problems. But, may be TCM could help on egg quality...not sure...most people talk about Dr. Zhou from AMK. Not sure whether this is the one you are referring to. But, I want just to take a break now so will not do anything. don't want to be stressed up! Thanks for the offer.

Take care and hope to read good news from you soon.

Dream,
The TCM i mentioned is not Dr. Zou. Is another one in Yishun. I never try before, but lotsa ppl try and commented is good. Anyway, take your time. Not hurry.

Vinwee,
If this is the case, may be it is good to get another recommendation! So, if you manage to get the TCM, just let me know. Thanks

dream/vivwee
im still on the supression hormones injections... for abt 9 days so far... dun feel much thing... but really quite painful every time the fluid was injected in...

dream, glad to hear u are feeling better now... dun be despair ya.. every thing happen for a reason.. u will make it sooner or later...

dream
u mention that after ET..dr put a catherer to let urine flow out... may i know the catherer is place thru yr vaginal?? sorry for the stupid qn... cos if it is thru our wee wee hole... isnt it v v painful???

cos i heard some gals here say the nurse ask them to get up to pee after the transfer... so i duno whether its a option or a SOP for dr foong..

baby
I am not really sure where dr pokes but you will feel a bit of discomfort when he pokes and then the urine would flow down. I believe it is his SOP and you will feel so relieved when he does it as it is so uncomfortable to be on full bladder. So don't worry about it. You just want to minimise all movements to make sure that the embryos stick to you! Dr will usually explain what he does. Btw where was iui performed? At his clinic? Could you lie down after iui?

Dream
I wonder is it thru our uterus to access to our bladder.. Im so curious.. When he poke.. U have no idea where he poke? Wher u feel the discomfort?

Ya the iui is performed at his clinic bed.. Its v same with pap smear.. Its a quite fast thing.. Dr f will let u lie down aft its done for a while.. He will sit beside u to talk abt yr qns n options while u continue to lie down there..

May i ask when doing ET at the ot.. Yr legs need to b place up at the stir ups or just need to open the legs will do cos when i do iui at his clinic no need to put legs at stir ups.. More comfortable cos no need to open wide apart.. Hee

Dream,
Okie, I will check. But my friend only know the location, he don't know the full name.

Baby,
Hhahah.... ask Dr f when u see him next time where will he poke :p

When is your ET & ER?

vinwee
i shy to ask him abt this non related issue to the ivf leh...haha....

i hvt even started my phase 2 injections yet so i duno when is my er and et... i guess abt 3 weeks from now...

baby:

your legs will have to be secured to the stir ups when u do ET. During ER you'll be "knocked out" so it doesn't matter. You won't know what they did but I suspect the legs were also tied to the stir ups. When I was awakened, my legs were already released, all cleaned up and covered properly.

btw, I'm also dr F's patient. If you have any further questions, you can pm me.

Baby,
As Yve sais, legs secured on stir ups! not really comfortable...but after they "secure" you, they will try as much as possible to cover you!

Yve,
May I know whether your IVF was successful? I just failed mine with Dr. LC Foong. Appreciate if you could share your experience with us. Really not sure what to do next. stop everything or go for one more try?

Vinwee
take your time. no rush..whenever you have it, PM me or post it here. thanks

Yve,
Thanks. Would check my email tonight as can't access yahoo email in the office! somehow, still can access this forum!

baby,
it's ok to ask. don't have to be shy. I ask so many even before I start anything. Mentally prepared ma... :p

Dream,
Will try to ask him to get from his wife. update once I have.

Meanwhile. don't stress yourself first yaa...

Yve,
You grad from ttc oledi?

Baby,
yep, really don't know where he poked! a bit uncomfortable but he is very fast. So by the time I want to complain, it is over. like poking for BT! Also depends on threshold level, mine pretty low!

If IUI is done in his clinic, then you can not lie down too long as he always has so many patients. So, it is very different in the hospital. They let you lie down for 3 hours...to make sure embies stick to you!

Remember to keep us updated on your journey!

Vinwee,
Thanks. Feeling better now. Finally, my mood is better and managed to sleep well last night. I am also planning a short holiday to Langkawi this month. So, trying to relax...

yve,
It is great to have you!

hey gals... thanks for all the info... hee.. i dun like the idea of having to put my legs at the stir ups... like those in the movies...so scary...haha.. but i guess its not up to me to decide...

dream, glad u are feeling better now... yup go ahead with the holiday... u deserve a break!

yve...welcome here! do share more with us on your tcc experience with dr f here!

Yve,
Trying to PM you but can't. Can you enable your PM?

Baby,
True, it is a bit awkward at first but most important is that the ET goes well!

Dream,
Enjoy your hols. You deserve a good and relaxing break.

Baby,
Ya... like what dream was saying, the most important is everything goes well. Anyway, putting the legs at the stir ups is only a short while like iui, so should be okie.

Remember don't drink cold drinks yaa..... have a smooth journey ahead.

Tell me your experience, at least I can prepare for it.

Yve,
ya... welcome to this thread.
happy.gif

Yve,
This thread is quiet as we have all "moved" to the IVF thread. Join us there! but I am still checking on this thread as well..

Yve, Vinwee and Baby,
We should keep this thread alive as IVF at other centres is quite different and their experience quite different too!

Gals im still checking here everyday too but now its getting quiet.. Lets all keep it alive!!
happy.gif

Im seeing dr f tml for scan and BT to see whether i can start my puregon injection nt.. Hopfully i can start right away.. I saw frm other thread tat have to drink milk, chicken esscence and brazil nuts during this stage.. So gng buy them tml.. But i only saw ensure milk and anmum only for those aldy conceived.. So duno which one to buy..

So hows things with u gals? Care for updates?

Angel
U are also seeing dr foong? Wats the progress now? Doing any kind of treatment?

hi baby
I am seeing Dr Foong since Apr & was given 2 cycles of clomid. I have responded well to clomid but previous cycle not successful. This cycle dh gg china for biz trip during O period so chances also slim liao. I maybe gg for fibroid lap in Jul & from there we will see wat step to do next. wat treatment u doing?

I have been checking on this thread but it is very quiet now. will be better if we stick to this thread so tat we can support each other for any treatment tat we had with the same gynae.

Back