Dr L C Foong from Gleneagles

hi angel,
welcome to the thread. Wonder whether you can freeze the sperm and do iui with frozen sperm? Just a suggestion.

Baby
excited for you. Wonder whether you will manage to sleep tonight! Otherwise you may also freeze your hb sperm. I think it is safer just in case he is too stressed that day or fall sick. It costs about 180 but considering the costs of Ivf, it is a small price to pay. The cost depends on the storage length. So, you may want to ask dr foong on this. Good luck for tomorrow and keep us updated.

baby
remember no more caffeine drink and no more cold water as need to keep womb warm. I also started to eat eggs when I started puregon. Take multivitamins as well!

Angel,
I have just failed my IVF cycle last month and I am now wondering what to do next. I will have a review meeting with Dr. F in July and will decide from there. I am already 37, so time is not on my side! Seems like I have poor egg quality...since very few eggs retrieved (although quite a good number of follicles) and embryo quality was average. Also needed to do ICSI (since have male issue as well).

What about you? Seems like you are at the beginning of your journey. Any male issue? Why do you need to go for fibroid lap?

Baby,
Just buy the ensure milk, let me go and check which one my hubby bought for me last week.

Have you started to eat egg white? I am not sure about the nuts.

I do one stupid things during my last ttc, i went to dentist clean my teeth as i heard during pregnancy cannot do that. :p I know it's stupid. And I do this before I try this month as well. Now dunno want to test or not .. :p The dentist thought sth happen to my gum coz I went to her two mths aft my previous clean.

Also, cut all the cold drinks. If you really happen to drink it, dun swollen directly when u drink, put in your mouth for a while to "warm" it. This is teach by my hubby.

oh ya... I boil "hei zao, tang shen 1 piece, gou ji zi and dry longan a bit", it help blood circulation. and drink alternate day. It helps, it even help o improve your "lian se"

dream
haha I manage to fly with dh next mon so I can bd during my O period. Last cycle I took clomid & TCM then AF delayed & very bad cramps which I never encountered b4. TCM told me cld be the fibroid which is hindering the TTC. so I thot of removing it. My fibroid quite big abt 6.8cm. TCM never give me med this cycle & monitor whether got cramps.

I am not young either, 37 yrs old as well. dh's sa test result also no gd. I am asking him to do a repeat test & check whether got improvement.

Angel,
you may wish to see dr Foong and discuss with him on the removal of your fibroids. I had a colleague whose wife was pregnant and found to have a fibroid. In the beginning, the dr (not dr F) said everything was fine 'cos the baby was bigger than the fibroid. Nearing to EDD the dr said that the fibroid was blocking the path of the baby and she had to do a C-section.

In any way, removal of the fibroids will be good if you want to try to have a baby. I had mine removed in Sept last year. Not done by dr F though. If only I had got to know dr F earlier.

Yve
I told Dr Foong abt my intention & he asked me to try 2 cycle 1st & decide in Jul. I went back to see him when AF delayed last cycle for the bad cramps. He mentioned cld be the fibroid. I am thinking wat happen if preggy & the fibroid grows & pain. surgery by then will be more dangerous. How much u paid for yr lap?

vinwee
ladies from other thread say buy those for mummies to be... say after ET consider preggy so should not drink others... but during puregon stage not preggy so duno can drink those for mtbs not... or just drink normal milk... so confused...

gng to see dr later... will update u gals...

Angel,
I removed 2 fibroids which came up to about 5cm, a polyp as well as cleared endometrosis during my laproscopy. I didn't do it under dr. F. Mine was done under another dr but in Gleneagles as well. Total cost (hosp side + dr's fees) was about $8k.

FYI, fibroids is coverable under insurance. I claimed my medical fees.

Angel,
a lot more things on the way if you decide to go on the ivf journey. Be brave ok.

Actually, this was the 2nd lapro I did. The 1st one I did many years back in TMC. It's just 3 holes. Of 'cos you'll feel some pain but I was ok after I took the painkillers. Recovery took about a week. Dr gave me hospitalization leave of 2 weeks.

Angel,
That sounds great! Enjoy your short trip and I am sure you'll have a great time! Is Dr. F helping you to determine when you ovulate?

I am sorry..can't advise you much on fibroid. But one of my colleague had it when she was pregnant and it seemed it was very painful. She was admitted to hospital due to the pain. Luckily, everything went smoothly when baby was delivered.

About egg quality, I am also wondering. Mine also not great. I guess it is due to our age. I also have PCOS. From what I gathered, egg quality can be improved by eating healthy, exercise and accupuncture.

Yve,
that's expensive but luckily, it is covered by insurance. How are you?

Baby
How was your consultation with Dr. F? Can you start on puregon? What is your dosage? Feeling excited for you...

Vinwee,
Have a good week end!

Angel,
Hope follicle grows well and you have a beautiful egg! How long will you be in China? can't recall whether egg will live for 24 hours or 48 hours..better ask Dr. F again (unless you have the answer)..so can't be lazy on that day...o/s need to wait one more month!

I also removed a polyp with dr f.. It was removed via the vaginal no need for lap.. Angel maybe u can ask dr whether can remove via the vaginal not.. If can then there is no wound and no pain! Cos that time when i remove the polyp.. There is no pain when i woke up.. Only menses like bleeding for a week and some menses like cramps for a few days..

Dream
I did a scan with dr f today and bt.. Bt results will only be out tml morning to see whether i can start the puregon.. During the scan dr say something like 7 follicles on either side.. The assistant busy jotting them dw but dr f nvr explain wat it means.. Only says everything looks good.. Say looking at it i should be able to start puregon tml.. Im still having my af today when he did the scan.. So disgusting man..

Dream, did u drink milk and chicken ecessence during the stimulation stage? Now i v scare of getting ohss..

dream,
yup. I was a bit surprised that a Day Surgery could cost that much too.

baby,
you won't be so prone to get ohss if you're not pcos. Are you pcos? You can roughly gauge from the number of follicles retrieved to know if you'll get ohss. Not that it is always true but over 20 follicles, you'll be more prone to ohss especially if you get preg.

dr f told me that he sees about 1-2 cases of serious ohss, ie patient has to be admitted to hospital for treatment. I was admitted in Feb so if you do suay suay kana ohss, that will make the 2 of us as stats this year. keke. Just joking.

baby
I did not take milk during puregon as I don't like milk but took home cooked chicken essence every 2-3 days. Dr said the medicine is doing the work so no need to take extra things. But I still try to eat more protein, eggs in the morning.

Otherwise, don't stress too much on quantity. It is the quality that counts!

baby,
ensure milk contains selenium which is good for implantation... so it's recommended.. alternatively u can take brazil nuts which also contain selenium... personally i dun like the taste of ensure milk so i never drink that... so if u r taking brazil nuts then taking normal milk will do too... just to give ur body the nutrients... they also said chicken essence can help to promote the growth of eggs.. so can drink alternate days if u can take it... also remember to eat more protein stuff like eggs to help with egg growth... i take 2 half boiled eggs every morning if i can..

don't worry abt things that have not happened yet.. ohss is more likely for ladies with PCOS.. so if u dun have then not to worry so much..

dream
I am flying off this Mon(CD12)& back Thurs. This cycle not able to do the scan but hopfully the egg is gd. Egg is gd for implantation? I understand people with fibroid not advisable to take too much egg so I am taking lesser now.

I dun thk i have pcos cos dr f nvr mention abt it.. How to knw whether we have pcos? Thru scan can tell or need to do BT?

I just started my puregon today.. 200 units everyday.. Will see dr f on thurs.. 6 days of injections before i can see him.. The BT shows my fsh is 2.1... Before supression is 5.3.. Did not see dr f so duno wat the results means.. Dont know good or not.. Dr only ask me to go dw for injection..

Eskimobaby
Drink ensure milk only for implantation? Means only need to drink aft ET? I only taking chicken escence alt day.. I hvt buy brazil nuts yet.. Need to take now or aft ET?

baby,
if dr did not mention that u have pcos so that will mean u do not have pcos. So, don't worry. Pcos can be seen through scan and as for BT, LH is higher than FSH for pcos patients. Your reading for FSH is good so you're definitely on the right track. Dr is not around on the 19th and 20th so probably your er will be on 22 June?

Intro you to something, you can get brazil nuts coated with chocolate at Marks & Spencer. They are very yummy as compared to just plain brazil nuts.

baby,
should start taking brazil nuts now... even after ET also take... u need to prepare ur womb not wait till u need then take... drink the ensure milk or anmum is to give u the nutrients for mums to be.. not just for the selenium...

brazil nuts are available at carrefour..sold by weight.. think heard from some of the ladies that it's having promotion... but i bought mine at cityhall cold storage at the organic section...

Yye
My fsh is good? I have no idea what the no means.. My day 3 BT show my fsh at 5.3 and my lh at 5.32.. Its slightly higher.. So is it normal? Thks for the info on the brazil nuts.. With choc coating must be so much nicer than plain ones..

Eskimo
Should i just buy the normal ensure milk and drink now and after et? Or should i buy those for pregnant mummies?

Yye
I dont knw dr f not around on 19 n 20th.. Cos the nurse only say dr squeeze me in for my d6 injection appt.. I dun thk my er will be on 22nd cos by then only d10.. Prob next appt is on that day to see when is er.. Cos i believe need a hsg injection before er.. Btw hw u knw dr nt ard these two days? I wonder wat if there r ladies who need er or et on days where dr f on lve.. Or people giving birth.. The other two drs will help is it?

baby,
LH slightly higher is still ok. Yours is only higher by .02. Mine was by 1. something and dr still said that it is fine. So, don't worry.

I know that dr is not around 'cos I spoke to him. If there are cases which need the dr, there is a replacement dr. However, I'm not sure who is standing in for dr f. If you're ready for the er on 22nd, probably you'll know when you need to go for the trigger by Thurs (18th). It really all depends. I only jabbed Puregon for 7 days. You must be very excited. Look forward to it, yah. Hey! Jab puregon for less days is good yah. Spend less money!!

Yye
U only on puregon for 7 days?? How many iu u inject everyday?how many days aft yr first injection of puregon did u see dr f? My appt is 6 days aft first injection.. It seems long to me.. I tot need to monitor closely..

How many eggs u retrieved? So are u pregnant now?

btw will there be any bleeding aft u wake up from er?

Today is my 2nd injection of puregon.. Another 4 more days before i can see dr f to know whether the drugs is working for me not.

May i ask that time when u inject the puregon and the suppression injection.. U inject one aft another or need to separate the two injections at different time?

Baby,
I was on puregon for 10 days so everybody is different but it is good to be prepared mentally. After day 6 of injections, he will see you every 2 to 3 days to measure the follicles. He may adjust your dosage then, depending on your follicle size.

No bleeding for me after ER.

As for injections, I gave them both at the same time, one after another one, just at different location (one on the right hand side and the other one on the left). I usually took them in the morning. I would take out the medicine from the fridge 10 minutes before injection so it would be less painful.

Dream
I will be seeing dr on 18th thur on my d6 of injections.. But dr not around on fri and sat.. Then the earliest is on mon which is 4 days later.. Im worried of the few visits as i tot dr will monitor closely to adjust the dose..

There is no bleeding for u aft er? Not even slight bleed? Tats gd! Cos i heArd ladies from kkh has bleeding aft er.. Did dr f tell u beforehand whether will there be any bleeding? How about et? Any bleed aft the et procedure?

Baby,
Read from earlier thread that the other partner would do scan on his behalf and decide on dosage when Dr. F is not here. You should be in good hands as well as the other partner doctors seem also quite popular and professional. I think most important is that Dr. F. will be doing your ER and ET.

For ER, nothing at all..not even slight bleed and I had 23 follicles! I guess Dr. F has better skills! Same for ET, nothing at all...So, don't worry but just bring along a sanitary pad (just in case).

As I am going on leave this Thursday, I won't be able to access this forum from Thursday (for a week). If you think of any other questions, please try to post them now! otherwise, the other sisters in the other thread are also very helpful and Yve is also here
happy.gif

Dear Ladies,
What is PCOS?

Dream,
How's weekend? You are leaving to Langkawi this Thursday?

Baby,
I am drinking normal ensure milk. Perhaps u have to get ensure for mummy like other gal suggest. I hv no choice, hubby oledi bought that, so I have to finish that one first.

U going to see Dr on thurs? When r u going? I might go down early in the morning.

Vinwee,
PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom. It is quite a common cause of female infertility. Most side effects are that there will be lots of follicles developing during the cycle (like a necklace of pearls in the ovary) i/o of just one good follicle, making ovulation difficult. Eggs/follicles quality are also questionable. cycle usually very long and irregular making it very hard to predict ovulation. Even if there is AF, it does not mean ovulation. For my case, I really don't know whether I ovulate. I never really feel any symptoms described when ovulation occurs...Usually, Dr will detect it through v. scan.

Yes, going Thursday evening to Langkawi
happy.gif
Are you planning any short trip/holiday?

Are you trying clomid with Dr. this cycle?

Oh cant imagine having the other two drs to do scan for me.. So pai seh.. Dont knw whether they are as gentle as dr f not.. Hopefully i dont have to see them.. But dr f did told me tat he dont believe in seeing patient too often.. So i thk he will see me on mon after my this thur appt.. Tat will be my day 10 of injection..

Hopefully i wont have any bleeding also for er n et.. Shall ask dr f abt this..

Dear Ladies,
What is PCOS?

Dream,
You going to Langkawi from tis thursday? Enjoy yr holidays!!

Baby,
you going down on Thursday? I might go down on thursday (early morning), u?

Baby,
Don't worry about it. They are Drs. Nothing to worry about or being pai seh...I think Dr. F will decide after your BT results! yep, be prepared mentally to be poked again this Thursday! Dr. said he needs BT to make sure the medicine is well absorbed. i think it also helps him to decide on dosage. If I recall correctly, there was also a Public holiday while I was on puregon, so saw him 3 or 4 days apart.

Vinwee,
Double post? my repy at 3:29 pm

Vinwee
Yup my appt is on thur afternoon.. U already hv appt in the morning to see dr f? Cos the nurse say dr f is v packed this wk.. Say dr squeeze me in on thur..

Dream
If dr f say another dr hv to see me then i hv no choice.. Hee.. Initially i tot aft starting puregon got to see dr every few days but din expect to see him 6 days aft i start.. I tot its too long.. Probably this is dr f practice.. I thk kkh checks more frequently..

I beginning to have headaches from yday till nw.. I believe its the puregon effects.. Tummy abit bloated..

Dream, yr er n et is it schedule in the morning like 8am? Can u recall abt wat time u r discharged to go hm aft the two procdures?

dream,
thanks for the info. Hhahaha... double posting coz I don't see my own posting :p

PCOS can develop during natural cycle as well or only happen to IVF people?

No short trip for me. I hv been travel non stop till early may. Let's see what Dr f aft my BT on thurs.

Nope, no clomid since my last m/c in early dec.

Enjoy your trip.

Baby,
No, did't see dr. just go fr BT.

Yes, KKIVF might have more sca, but remember.. it's not done by the Dr ler... like with Dr. f, he will do the scan, read the BT himself and decide everything, dun hv to worry.

Hi ladies,
how does the embroylogist grade the embbies? read in other forum, like a lot of people got grade 4 and Dr said is v. good?

Vinwee
U gng for bt on thur.. Yr day 2 bt? Wats the purpose of this bt? U considering ivf also?

Honestly i nvr tot i will embark on ivf.. I always tell dr f i will nvr consider ivf at all.. Which is y i done 4 iuis in total.. Nvr did i expect im now in the mid of ivf.. Things is really so unpredictable.. And its so exp to do ivf under dr f.. Its so finacially, physically and emotional straining.. Jus hope its all worthwhile..

Baby,
I think kkivf also do first scan at day 6 and as vinwee said, scan not done by dr. Also waiting time is very long there.

For er, need to be at hospital at 6:30 to register. I think will be discharged after 12 pm. They need to keep you for 4 hrs after GA. For ET, mine was scheduled in afternoon. Went there at noon to pick up medicine from dr f clinic. Then go in hospital again . Op at 1:30 and left after 5.

Vinwee
any particular reason for bt? Any good news to share with us?

baby
I also remember that I had very bad headache when I started puregon. Was not sure whether it was the medicine or the stress. It got better after that. I think body getting used to the medicine

dream
Wow so early must reach hotel for er ah.. 630am.. Sky still black black.. For et we can choose between morning n afternoon is it? Or have to depend on how well is the embryo developing? I heard from other gals tat they dun get to see their gynea at kkh.. Only get to see dr one or twice before er.. Like nt much sercurities..

My headache is not v bad.. But today only d3 so cant be so sure after more puregon is injected.. Only d3 my tummy already bloated liao lor..

Baby,
Can't decide when ET is. I guess it depends on the number of embryos and how they develop. First, mine was scheduled for D3 transfer but as there were very little left embryos (and I guess their development was not so great), DR decided for D2 transfer. Dr. will also give the timing. Seems like ER is in the morning and ET is in the afternoon.

Not hotel lah! but I guess if it was an hotel, it would be a 10* hotel. Really ex...Close to 8k for the ET/ER procedure...So, better enjoy the comfy bed! After both ET and ER, they give you a small sandwich and milo...Otherwise, remember for ER, can't drink or eat anything after midnight as you will be under GA. Yes, have to leave the house very early. Your hubby needs to give his sperm by 8:30am to the Dr's office. So, he still has time to help you "check-in" and make sure you are ok before he goes home. He can't go to the OT room.

My headache subsidized after 2 days. If you feel bloated, try to eat more eggs. I guess you will feel your pants very tight as well. that's normal. Follicles growing in your ovaries.

huh.. I tot hubby will coMpany me all the way in hospital.. u mean aft he send me to hosp.. He will have to go hm and prepare his sperms ah.. Wont it be too rush? Btw during et can hubby be with me in the ot?

Baby,
I guess depends on whether your hubby feels comfortable doing it at the hospital since there is no special room in Dr. F's clinic! He could use the toilet in your room but as it is a double room, it may not be so convenient. So, my hubby preferred to go home. So, after he made sure I was settled him, he left before the nurse brought me down to the OT room. Is your home very far from hospital? scared of jam as well?

For ET, I never asked Dr. Mine was supposed to be on Saturday but as it was suddenly changed to Friday, my hubby could not take leave. So, I just went there by myself. My hubby picked me up after that. I was so bored after the ET..stayed in the room for 3 hours...did not dare to move/go toilet/call...But even if your hubby can not be with you in the OT, he can wait for you in the room. So, you wont be so bored when you are back from OT...

Back