Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC

I actually have a tin of anmum choc flavoured milk. Tried one glass and it was soooo sweet! Think I'm just going to get fat from it rather than provide useful nutrients to baby. I personally don't like the taste and won't continue. I will take normal enriched cow's milk (magnolia) and eat cheese slices, broccoli etc. Anyway I already take the relevent vitamin supplements so not too worried. I suggest you get your calcium from natural sources rather than depend on those drinks.
happy.gif

I actually have a tin of anmum choc flavoured milk. Tried one glass and it was soooo sweet! Think I'm just going to get fat from it rather than provide useful nutrients to baby. I personally don't like the taste and won't continue. I will take normal enriched cow's milk (magnolia) and eat cheese slices, broccoli etc. Anyway I already take the relevent vitamin supplements so not too worried. I suggest you get your calcium from natural sources rather than depend on those drinks.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">I drank anmum for my #1. I bought the vanilla flavour and add cocoa powder cos I dun like white milk &amp; I cannot taste the chocolate taste in the chocolate flavour also. I will start buying again after everything goes well for my amnio test. At the main time, I'm drinking HL milk. Luckymummy, will it really make us fat? Maybe tat's why I put on so much for my #1... Oops!

Some ppl might not be suitable for these milk. If Dr Tham already prescribe u with calcium pills, multi-vits &amp; fish oil, think will be quite sufficient.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">I drank anmum for my #1. I bought the vanilla flavour and add cocoa powder cos I dun like white milk &amp; I cannot taste the chocolate taste in the chocolate flavour also. I will start buying again after everything goes well for my amnio test. At the main time, I'm drinking HL milk. Luckymummy, will it really make us fat? Maybe tat's why I put on so much for my #1... Oops!

Some ppl might not be suitable for these milk. If Dr Tham already prescribe u with calcium pills, multi-vits &amp; fish oil, think will be quite sufficient.</font>

Daphne,

Wow so many powders added to one drink? Be careful about all the hidden sugars. Cocoa powder contains sugar already, so does the vanilla powder. Hence you will get a double dose of it. Dr Tham suggested (kindly, but still...) that I cut back on my weight gain.
sad.gif
Optimum is about 0.5kg a week for me. I've been gaining closer to 1kg a week. Must be the lack of MS and all that happy eating.

I asked Dr Tham about calcium supplements during my last visit and he said any kind will do, but actually he doesn't think the typical Singaporean diet will lack calcium. If you take normal milk/soy milk/bread enriched with all these extra vitamins you should be fine.

Anyway the new obimin supplements that he prescribed contains 1000mg of calcium. So I'm mainly taking obimin (folic acid + calcium + some B vitamins) and additional fish oil capsules. So yay, only 2 things to take every day.

Daphne,

Wow so many powders added to one drink? Be careful about all the hidden sugars. Cocoa powder contains sugar already, so does the vanilla powder. Hence you will get a double dose of it. Dr Tham suggested (kindly, but still...) that I cut back on my weight gain.
sad.gif
Optimum is about 0.5kg a week for me. I've been gaining closer to 1kg a week. Must be the lack of MS and all that happy eating.

I asked Dr Tham about calcium supplements during my last visit and he said any kind will do, but actually he doesn't think the typical Singaporean diet will lack calcium. If you take normal milk/soy milk/bread enriched with all these extra vitamins you should be fine.

Anyway the new obimin supplements that he prescribed contains 1000mg of calcium. So I'm mainly taking obimin (folic acid + calcium + some B vitamins) and additional fish oil capsules. So yay, only 2 things to take every day.

Hi luckymummy /Daphne,

thks for this info..I will tink about it..
true the ingredients seems fattening....

And Daphne, sure tins will go well for you..btw, how did you make your text in pink I wonder..? (cos I din see any buttons for colour)hehe

Hi luckymummy /Daphne,

thks for this info..I will tink about it..
true the ingredients seems fattening....

And Daphne, sure tins will go well for you..btw, how did you make your text in pink I wonder..? (cos I din see any buttons for colour)hehe

<font color="aa00aa">Luckymummy, I'm taking 3 pills a day. Fish oil &amp; obimin after breakfast and calcium pills after lunch. But I dun take the calcium pills everyday (lazy)...

Starfruit, before u type yr text, you just type these steps \ colour { . (Dun need to leave spacing. I did so here cos otherwise they dun allow me to post here till to formatting error here)
and end yr text with the close bracket.</font>
<font color="aa00aa">you can choose any colour you want. Just type the colour after the \

You can try and the results will show in your preview msg page. One of the MTB in the Jan'10 taught me... Hee..</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Luckymummy, I'm taking 3 pills a day. Fish oil &amp; obimin after breakfast and calcium pills after lunch. But I dun take the calcium pills everyday (lazy)...

Starfruit, before u type yr text, you just type these steps \ colour { . (Dun need to leave spacing. I did so here cos otherwise they dun allow me to post here till to formatting error here)
and end yr text with the close bracket.</font>
<font color="aa00aa">you can choose any colour you want. Just type the colour after the \

You can try and the results will show in your preview msg page. One of the MTB in the Jan'10 taught me... Hee..</font>

Daphne,

From my random reading it seems that calcium if taken without magnesium may cause/worsen constipation. I already used to have this problem before being pregnant so I'm doubly paranoid about it. The obimin tablets prescribed by Dr Tham don't contain magnesium, so I'm trying to mix it up with another calcium pill that does have magnesium. Don't wanna end up with piles! :X

Anyway this is just me being paranoid, so if you're fine then just continue with your current system.

Daphne,

From my random reading it seems that calcium if taken without magnesium may cause/worsen constipation. I already used to have this problem before being pregnant so I'm doubly paranoid about it. The obimin tablets prescribed by Dr Tham don't contain magnesium, so I'm trying to mix it up with another calcium pill that does have magnesium. Don't wanna end up with piles! :X

Anyway this is just me being paranoid, so if you're fine then just continue with your current system.

Hi all Mummy...

I am new to this thread, and also a patient of Dr Tham....I would like to find out if anyone have a estimated bill from TMC for a 1 bedded under Dr Tham's? I am a little confused about the charges, as his delivery charge is 1.2K, antenetal package is 600 from wk 12 ...Erm...
How do i add in the bed charges and others etc?

Can anyone share their TMC bill cost under Dr Tham?

Thanks so much in advance.

Hi all Mummy...

I am new to this thread, and also a patient of Dr Tham....I would like to find out if anyone have a estimated bill from TMC for a 1 bedded under Dr Tham's? I am a little confused about the charges, as his delivery charge is 1.2K, antenetal package is 600 from wk 12 ...Erm...
How do i add in the bed charges and others etc?

Can anyone share their TMC bill cost under Dr Tham?

Thanks so much in advance.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Linnar, maybe u can find out more about the cost from the nurses at Dr Tham's clinic.

I chose the 4 bedded one. So, think the hospital charges is separate from his charges for the package. Will gave birth next jan, so cannot give u the estimate.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Linnar, maybe u can find out more about the cost from the nurses at Dr Tham's clinic.

I chose the 4 bedded one. So, think the hospital charges is separate from his charges for the package. Will gave birth next jan, so cannot give u the estimate.</font>

Hi all, I’m new to this thread and am now 18 months pregnant. Dr Tham tried to give me some multi vitamins, fish oil and calcium, but since I have trouble swallowing pills, in the end he didn’t prescribe me with anything. Just told me to eat healthy, drink 2 glasses of milk and eat lots of fish. Now I’m a bit worried that I might be depriving my baby of the nutrients she needs cos I still have trouble eating. I forced myself to take obimin daily (luckily I succeeded). And now I wanna try to take the fish oil and calcium as well. Can someone tell me what brand Dr. Tham is giving? He said that I can just take any brand from guardian, but still I’m not too sure which one to take.

Thanks in advance mummies!

Hi all, I’m new to this thread and am now 18 months pregnant. Dr Tham tried to give me some multi vitamins, fish oil and calcium, but since I have trouble swallowing pills, in the end he didn’t prescribe me with anything. Just told me to eat healthy, drink 2 glasses of milk and eat lots of fish. Now I’m a bit worried that I might be depriving my baby of the nutrients she needs cos I still have trouble eating. I forced myself to take obimin daily (luckily I succeeded). And now I wanna try to take the fish oil and calcium as well. Can someone tell me what brand Dr. Tham is giving? He said that I can just take any brand from guardian, but still I’m not too sure which one to take.

Thanks in advance mummies!

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Charita, Dr Tham usually prescribe "natal care" fish oil. Since u hv trouble swallowing pills, think it's ok for u to skip the calcium pills as long as u drink enough milk and calcium products each day. Maybe u can buy the milk powder for pregnancy eg. ANMUM. Think tat will give u enough nutrients.

I usually ask him for prescriptions and buy my pills from KKH.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Charita, Dr Tham usually prescribe "natal care" fish oil. Since u hv trouble swallowing pills, think it's ok for u to skip the calcium pills as long as u drink enough milk and calcium products each day. Maybe u can buy the milk powder for pregnancy eg. ANMUM. Think tat will give u enough nutrients.

I usually ask him for prescriptions and buy my pills from KKH.</font>

Hi ladies..

Just to share..

I gave birth to my gal in 09 with Dr Tham at KKH and just gave birth to my boy 04 June this yr at TMC..

Dr Tham is an amazing gynae thus i had no qualms abt following him to TMC..

The nurses and the service at TMC was also very very impressive.. The confinement food catered is also very good..

I had a natural delivery with no epi. I paid $1200 deposit if I am not worng.. and got back abt $100 bucks if I am not wrong...

Those with Dr Tham u are in very good hands.. All the best in ur pregnancy ya... Good Luck !!

Hi ladies..

Just to share..

I gave birth to my gal in 09 with Dr Tham at KKH and just gave birth to my boy 04 June this yr at TMC..

Dr Tham is an amazing gynae thus i had no qualms abt following him to TMC..

The nurses and the service at TMC was also very very impressive.. The confinement food catered is also very good..

I had a natural delivery with no epi. I paid $1200 deposit if I am not worng.. and got back abt $100 bucks if I am not wrong...

Those with Dr Tham u are in very good hands.. All the best in ur pregnancy ya... Good Luck !!

Does anyone know what is the calcium supplement meant for ? E.g Fishoil is for baby's brain...
So what is the calcium for ?

Anyone can advise?

Does anyone know what is the calcium supplement meant for ? E.g Fishoil is for baby's brain...
So what is the calcium for ?

Anyone can advise?

hi ladies,
anyone with Dr Benjamin? Is he good enuf?
This is my first pregnancy, made appt with him end of this Feb. Hope to know more bout him ya...

hi ladies,
anyone with Dr Benjamin? Is he good enuf?
This is my first pregnancy, made appt with him end of this Feb. Hope to know more bout him ya...

He is a patient gynae....will listen to you...consult time is not rush.....unless he got urgent cases to attend...but so far all is good.
He will take nice nice pic for your baby provided your baby cooperates...
Overall...is a detailed gynae....

He is a patient gynae....will listen to you...consult time is not rush.....unless he got urgent cases to attend...but so far all is good.
He will take nice nice pic for your baby provided your baby cooperates...
Overall...is a detailed gynae....

Dr Tham is very detailed n patient during consultations. Very pro-natural delivery too. He's able to make u feel at ease even during a difficult labour process. My stitches healed quite quickly with no problems whatsoever. Waiting time on weekdays is very short too. Listen to his advice, take what he recommends and you'll be fine. Overall 2 thumbs up!

Dr Tham is very detailed n patient during consultations. Very pro-natural delivery too. He's able to make u feel at ease even during a difficult labour process. My stitches healed quite quickly with no problems whatsoever. Waiting time on weekdays is very short too. Listen to his advice, take what he recommends and you'll be fine. Overall 2 thumbs up!

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this website. This is my first time preg and in my 10th week now. Currently I'm seeing a gynae at KKH but I find the waiting time is normally quite long (ard 1hr+) even when appointment is made. As this is my first time preg, so you can imagine I have a list of concerns and qns but the gynae always seems to give only very brief answers.

I have read your comments about Dr Benjamin Tham here and seems like he's might be the gynae I'm looking for, very patient and detailed. Any advice you can give if I'm going to switch a gynae at this stage?

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this website. This is my first time preg and in my 10th week now. Currently I'm seeing a gynae at KKH but I find the waiting time is normally quite long (ard 1hr+) even when appointment is made. As this is my first time preg, so you can imagine I have a list of concerns and qns but the gynae always seems to give only very brief answers.

I have read your comments about Dr Benjamin Tham here and seems like he's might be the gynae I'm looking for, very patient and detailed. Any advice you can give if I'm going to switch a gynae at this stage?

Back