Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC

hi, does anybody have the updated cost for Dr. Benjamin Tham? How much is his first and subsequent consultations and how much is his package & starting from how many weeks onwards?

Hi kitkat, the first and subsequent consultations for Dr. Benjamin Tham are about S$200+, including the supplements.. His package is from 12 weeks onwards at $650 (for consultation, ultrasound, urine test, blood pressure and weight measurement)..

Hi Amanda
Dr Tham delivered my two kids and I was able to walk and off the bed the next day of delivery without much pain. The wound healed up pretty fast. Both r natural delivery.

amanda,

i second that Dr Tham's stitching skill is excellent. i do not have any pain like FRIENDS mentioned on the next day that i started walking. just keep your wound clean and it will heal nicely without pain!

Amanda,

Dr Tham's Stitching skill is excellent! He delivered my gal last year April, i am missing him already, misses those appt with him.. hope to concieve my 2nd one soon so i got to visit him again
happy.gif

It seems like there is always no one available to pick up the call and the sms appointment function does not seem to have a reply as well. May I know when is a better time to call or is there certain ways you girls get hold of him?

Hi hope03, are you trying to schedule an appointment or are you a current patient?

I have been also trying to call them for past few days at diff timing but no pickup. I tried to SMS and got a response quite promptly though. (Usu within the hour.) You just need to state the nature of your enquiry and provide your details.

Hi all, is dr Ben the chill type of doc n let nature takes its course or the type who give progesterone in early preg? My gynae gave me prog pills during early preg wonder if necessary... Thank u..

Hi all, is dr Ben the chill type of doc n let nature takes its course or the type who give progesterone in early preg? My gynae gave me prog pills during early preg wonder if necessary... Thank u..
hey, I was given duphaston initially because of a bleeding episode in wk 6 ...

Hi all,

does Dr Tham prefer to induce or wait patiently for natural dilation and contractions to take place? Thanks:)
Again I think it depends. For example, if baby is > 40 wks, placenta is showing signs of aging and there is no sign of baby coming out, he may propose induction because any delay may cause fetal distress. But on the whole I'd say he is quite pro natural. E.g. my LO was breech at wk 32, and he proposed that I prop my bum w a pillow at night and encourage LO to turn head down. The earlier LO turns head down, the less ambiguity there is as to whether u need a c-sec due to bb being breech

Hi all,

does Dr Tham prefer to induce or wait patiently for natural dilation and contractions to take place? Thanks:)

My 2 deliveries were induced..cos i was already dilated, and anither was cos my EDD was his leave, so i opt to induce which he recommended.. :) had a great experience with dr tham, therefore #3 is also in his hands. I tried both epi and natural tear, but the process of healing and pain was very different!

For me my nautral tear was all the way back quite near to butthole.. Took me 2 weeks to really clear my bowels! Very scary..cos constipated. I din know the tear will be so far back haha. For epi, was cos my #1 head was extremely big, so ended up have to vacuum out, the healing took far longer to recover than natural tear... As for pain during recovery, i think epi was slightly more painful..hehe. But also depends on how much rest u get during confinement, cos i still walk quite abit, so took longer to recover...

Hi ladies,
May I check if Dr Tham allows his patients to deliver in various positions(rather than lying on the back) and is there also space to walk around in TMC in the midst of contractions? Also is fetal monitoring continuous or can it be periodic?

Is TMC a gd place to deliver, any experience to share, apart for the renowned yummy food?:)

Thank you for your help:))

U mean the whole delivery at TMC? In Yr2011 & 2013, my antenatal package was slightly (i think $100 cheaper den yr 2015) i need find the old receipts.
But for the cash i paid after delivery in yr 2011, natural + epi + assisted vacuum + single room(the cheapest) cash payment approx $1.8k (i admit during midnight and after deliver only stayed one nite)
Yr 2013, natural + epi and deluxe single room cash amount to approx $3.2k.
My estimate for this yr 2015 will be an additional of $1k... All the cash paid is minus medisave, and excludes the antenal package.. But it also differs from all patient...cos depends on the baby if got stay additional stay due to jaundice, etc....

U mean the whole delivery at TMC? In Yr2011 & 2013, my antenatal package was slightly (i think $100 cheaper den yr 2015) i need find the old receipts.
But for the cash i paid after delivery in yr 2011, natural + epi + assisted vacuum + single room(the cheapest) cash payment approx $1.8k (i admit during midnight and after deliver only stayed one nite)
Yr 2013, natural + epi and deluxe single room cash amount to approx $3.2k.
My estimate for this yr 2015 will be an additional of $1k... All the cash paid is minus medisave, and excludes the antenal package.. But it also differs from all patient...cos depends on the baby if got stay additional stay due to jaundice, etc....

Hi Furbee,

Yes, I meant the whole delivery. Dr Tham's delivery package usually does not include check up in ward after delivery? Cos the list I got they state ward visit is excluded and they state the price range there.

I want a rough guide on how much it would cost so that i can better prepare.

Is deluxe single better or single room? Any difference?

Sorry for so many qns cos 1st timer.

Thanks!

Hi carol, yup, ward visit is after delivery he will come and visit (i think twice...once to check if able to walk/pass urine/poo, and another b4 giving green light to discharge! He will check on the stitches) overall i find the package comparable with other private gynae.

Its the stay at hospital, and misc charges (pads, cotton, even the tooks used during delivery every single pc is chargeable, baby diaper, etc) the deluxe room i gotten was a 'lucky' one.cos no more available so they gave me a 2-bedded, whereby my hubby manage to sleep on the bed (instead of the normal single /deluxe room sofa) i see the brochure seems like deluxe supposedly have larger walking space...i din go for the hospital tour so cant really compare..

But IMO, a single bedded is just nice. Dont wan too many visitors crowding ard when resting or even bf-ing my kid, or even sometimes will overflow den the nurse will help change and stuff... Most importantly, is the budget, cos i dun tink it worth to spend so much for a night or 2 stay den end up having a heap of bill...somemore need spend on kids. My girl had jaundice n i rented the whole baby 'cot with UV' for 3days 2nights with delivery ($300+) i duno if its cheaper den admitting in KKH (with 24/7 care) ... But just feel sometimes need extra money for unforeseen circumstances lah..

Hi all, i see many praises for dr tham! I'm having my #2 now, initially thinking of going fot dr paul tseng, but hubby commented he is too expensive for us, hence thinking of dr tham as he is also a good choice. Has anyone did successful vbac by dr tham? Pls let me know... I'm quite desperate as i understand not many docs in SG encourage vbac for the high risk it may have. Tks!

Emmie77, maybe u can just book an appt with Dr tham and ask for his advice? His very approachable and can joke alot!!! My sil went to him for her #2, but after her c-sec less den 6mths she was preg, so he advised her to go for C-sec (that y she went back kkh cos its cheaper for the delivery)..
Even if after seeing him and u decided not to continue with him its ok de lahhh.. :)) most important is you are comfy with the doc and his experience !

Hi furbee, tks! Yup i have called and fixed an appt with him. Hope all is well and can continue follow him. I do hope he's supportive as well! My csect was 2yrs ago, so im tinking shld b ok, but of coz diff pregnancy is diff so i cant say for sure. *pray hard*

Hi all,

I'm seeing Dr Tham and he mentiond he is able to deliver at TMC, Mt A, and Mt E Novena for Caesarean delivery.
For natural, he only do it at TMC.

Jus wondering, anyone have him for caesarean outside TMC?
I assume his attendance fee will be higher than at TMC?

Thanks..

Hi all,

I'm seeing Dr Tham and he mentiond he is able to deliver at TMC, Mt A, and Mt E Novena for Caesarean delivery.
For natural, he only do it at TMC.

Jus wondering, anyone have him for caesarean outside TMC?
I assume his attendance fee will be higher than at TMC?

Thanks..

Hi Highness.. I am with Dr Tham also. But I choose to deliver at Mount A ( made my booking via TMC last week )

The nurses didn't mentioned about Dr Tham only deliver natural at TMC.
The nurses only mentioned about the waiting time the higher attendance fee outside TMC

Are you going for C sec?

Hi Highness.. I am with Dr Tham also. But I choose to deliver at Mount A ( made my booking via TMC last week )

The nurses didn't mentioned about Dr Tham only deliver natural at TMC.
The nurses only mentioned about the waiting time the higher attendance fee outside TMC

Are you going for C sec?

hihi.... yes, going for c sec.
I checked with him, he say outside TMC, his attendance fee will be $50-$100 more than TMC.
I'd assume he meant per visit. :p

may i know if he provides a package for consultation? i visited dr paul tseng and i think his rates are really exp now as they no longer provide package and each consultation is abt $100-$150 excluding scan.

My edd is 14sep. Despite the increase, I think it's still reasonable compared to some other gynaes.
Most importantly is the chemistry btw you and your gynae la.

How about you gamma mama?
Do you all know Dr Tham's delivery fee for natural?

when they told me $800 right, the reception also shared with me that his normal delivery fee starts from $1.6K. He highly prefers to delivery in TMC but I still prefer Mt A so dunno how much would the top-up be :)

Back