Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC

daphne09

Hi,

Dr Benjamin Tham is previously from KKH.

For anyone seeing him at TMC or any comments, please feel free to post here.

Hi,

Dr Benjamin Tham is previously from KKH.

For anyone seeing him at TMC or any comments, please feel free to post here.

Hi beary,

No. His session at TMC is 9am to 5pm from Mon to Fri and 9am to 1pm on Sat.

For more info, you can go to his website at drbenjamintham.com.

Hi beary,

No. His session at TMC is 9am to 5pm from Mon to Fri and 9am to 1pm on Sat.

For more info, you can go to his website at drbenjamintham.com.

Hi Daphne,

Thanks for starting a new thread here.

I had fixed an appt to c him on this coming thursday.

My 1st child was delivered by him at KKH.. find that doctor tham was a patient and gentle gynae.

I only found out that he had actually left KKH this morning when i called KKH to fix an appt. The doctor transferred to me is a consultant by the name of Arthur Tseng.. ever heard of him b4?

Hi Daphne,

Thanks for starting a new thread here.

I had fixed an appt to c him on this coming thursday.

My 1st child was delivered by him at KKH.. find that doctor tham was a patient and gentle gynae.

I only found out that he had actually left KKH this morning when i called KKH to fix an appt. The doctor transferred to me is a consultant by the name of Arthur Tseng.. ever heard of him b4?

Hi Jenny,

I nvr heard of Arthur Tseng. They transfer Dr John Tee to me for my papsmear appt this Dec. I'm informed by a letter from KKH. I also received an email from Dr Tham informing tat he is starting his own private practice at TMC.

Anyway, I got pregnant so I am currently seeing Dr Tham at TMC. My 1st child was also delivered by him at KKH last year.

I've seen him once earlier this mth at TMC. My appt with him is this fri. Are you pregnant also?

I've decided to continue with Dr Tham as I'm very comfortable with him and he is really a very patient and assuring gynae.

Hi Jenny,

I nvr heard of Arthur Tseng. They transfer Dr John Tee to me for my papsmear appt this Dec. I'm informed by a letter from KKH. I also received an email from Dr Tham informing tat he is starting his own private practice at TMC.

Anyway, I got pregnant so I am currently seeing Dr Tham at TMC. My 1st child was also delivered by him at KKH last year.

I've seen him once earlier this mth at TMC. My appt with him is this fri. Are you pregnant also?

I've decided to continue with Dr Tham as I'm very comfortable with him and he is really a very patient and assuring gynae.

Hi Daphne

Thanks for the info. Used to consult him at TPS in the evening. thot he might have evening session at TMC. KKH also transferred me to John Tee but I prefer to continue consulting Dr Tham
happy.gif

Hi Daphne

Thanks for the info. Used to consult him at TPS in the evening. thot he might have evening session at TMC. KKH also transferred me to John Tee but I prefer to continue consulting Dr Tham
happy.gif

Hi Beary,

Are you pregnant also? Or are you seeing him for other matters?

The last time I see him on a fri afternoon, he did ask me if I need a mc. So think he will give mc if we seeing him on wkdays since he dun hv night sessions.

Just wondering if anyone is pregnant and seeing Dr Tham at TMC. Maybe can share more info.

Hi Beary,

Are you pregnant also? Or are you seeing him for other matters?

The last time I see him on a fri afternoon, he did ask me if I need a mc. So think he will give mc if we seeing him on wkdays since he dun hv night sessions.

Just wondering if anyone is pregnant and seeing Dr Tham at TMC. Maybe can share more info.

Hi Daphne,

i missed my period this mth late for a week already but still tested -ve leh...

Haiz... Was thinking go for a check up to double confirm...

Hi Daphne,

i missed my period this mth late for a week already but still tested -ve leh...

Haiz... Was thinking go for a check up to double confirm...

Hi all, I have delivered on 21 Jun. Natural with epi and vacuum. Wld like to comment that Dr Tham and the nurses & mid-wife @ TMC are fantastic! I survived 17 hrs of labour with their constant encouragement. They are so pro-natural and kept insisting I wld be able to deliver naturally everytime I'm on the verge of breakdown during the labour.

I wld now recommend TMC to everyone although I have previously commented that TMC is old, crowded and small. What is important is the service and I learnt it thru the hard way:)

Dr Tham is a very good gynae and my hubby is equally impressed by him. I have terrible u-shaped tear to the rectum but was able to get off the bed without pain to pass urine within 8hrs after I gave birth. I guess is becos was well stitched by him. Even my 'room-mate' (I'm in a two bedded ward) was surprised by my mobility.

I opted for 4 bedded, was upgraded to 2 bedded upon admission (without even requesting). Paid $1k deposit, checked out paid another $500 cash. This is after all the medisave claimable fees
happy.gif
Hope u guys find the info useful
happy.gif

Hi all, I have delivered on 21 Jun. Natural with epi and vacuum. Wld like to comment that Dr Tham and the nurses & mid-wife @ TMC are fantastic! I survived 17 hrs of labour with their constant encouragement. They are so pro-natural and kept insisting I wld be able to deliver naturally everytime I'm on the verge of breakdown during the labour.

I wld now recommend TMC to everyone although I have previously commented that TMC is old, crowded and small. What is important is the service and I learnt it thru the hard way:)

Dr Tham is a very good gynae and my hubby is equally impressed by him. I have terrible u-shaped tear to the rectum but was able to get off the bed without pain to pass urine within 8hrs after I gave birth. I guess is becos was well stitched by him. Even my 'room-mate' (I'm in a two bedded ward) was surprised by my mobility.

I opted for 4 bedded, was upgraded to 2 bedded upon admission (without even requesting). Paid $1k deposit, checked out paid another $500 cash. This is after all the medisave claimable fees
happy.gif
Hope u guys find the info useful
happy.gif

Hi Friends,

Congratulations!

Glad to know that the service is good.

I agree tat Dr Tham is very good at stitching. I went for C-sec the last time and and walk around on the 2nd day after they free me from the drips.

I will also opt for 4 bedded when I deliver.

Thanks for all the info. Rest well and enjoy the company of yr newborn.

Hi Friends,

Congratulations!

Glad to know that the service is good.

I agree tat Dr Tham is very good at stitching. I went for C-sec the last time and and walk around on the 2nd day after they free me from the drips.

I will also opt for 4 bedded when I deliver.

Thanks for all the info. Rest well and enjoy the company of yr newborn.

Hi daphne,
Me just finished seeing dr Tham in the morning... Did a scan and saw a small white looking bean in the scan..

Took a blood test also.. But result only shows low +ve...

Dr tham advised to do another blood test next monday..

Now keeping my fingers cross and hope all is fine...

I also did a c-sect by dr Tham for my 1st preg.. His stitching is really good.. Same as u, can get down and walk on 2nd day and din took much pain killer to ease the pain..

Would strongly recommend dr Tham..

Hi daphne,
Me just finished seeing dr Tham in the morning... Did a scan and saw a small white looking bean in the scan..

Took a blood test also.. But result only shows low +ve...

Dr tham advised to do another blood test next monday..

Now keeping my fingers cross and hope all is fine...

I also did a c-sect by dr Tham for my 1st preg.. His stitching is really good.. Same as u, can get down and walk on 2nd day and din took much pain killer to ease the pain..

Would strongly recommend dr Tham..

Hi Jenny,

So wat did Dr Tham say? Did he think most likely you are pregnant? Maybe it's still in the early stage. Dun worry so much.

For me, I only see him when i miss my period for 2 weeks and tested positive. So, can see heartbeat straight away.

Btw, how much did he charge you for the consultation fee?

Hi Jenny,

So wat did Dr Tham say? Did he think most likely you are pregnant? Maybe it's still in the early stage. Dun worry so much.

For me, I only see him when i miss my period for 2 weeks and tested positive. So, can see heartbeat straight away.

Btw, how much did he charge you for the consultation fee?

He can't confirm also... Cos he say the test result show very low positive..
1) might b early pregnancy or
2) chemical pregnancy

As such he advised to go back an do another blood test on Monday to see if the hcg level increase anot

As for consultation he charge me $60 for consultation as a follow up instead of 1st consultation

He can't confirm also... Cos he say the test result show very low positive..
1) might b early pregnancy or
2) chemical pregnancy

As such he advised to go back an do another blood test on Monday to see if the hcg level increase anot

As for consultation he charge me $60 for consultation as a follow up instead of 1st consultation

Hi jenny,

Not sure why he charge me $80 for the first time I see him at TMC.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Just tat I need to ask him a lot of questions later.

Hi jenny,

Not sure why he charge me $80 for the first time I see him at TMC.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Just tat I need to ask him a lot of questions later.

Daphne,
Did u told the nurse during registration that u used to see him at kkh? Coz I told the nurse during registration..

Daphne,
Did u told the nurse during registration that u used to see him at kkh? Coz I told the nurse during registration..

Daphne: i tested with home test kit today and it shows +ve already wonder if still need to do another blood test anot on Monday

Daphne: i tested with home test kit today and it shows +ve already wonder if still need to do another blood test anot on Monday

Hi Jenny,

Yeah. I did tell the nurse during registration.

Anyway, I've seen him yest. I only waited for about 5 mins to see him.

I told him I wanna buy the fish oil etc outside and he said no prob. So, I ask him to write a prescription for me and I went to KKH to buy. Think it's much cheaper to buy at KKH. I remember my SIL paying 3x more at her clinic at TMC.

Jenny, maybe u wanna extend yr appt with him to 1 week later. Cos at tat time, u might be able to see the heartbeat. Then, at least u dun need another blood test and can save on the consultation fee. At the moment, you can buy some folic acid and start eating first.

Hi Jenny,

Yeah. I did tell the nurse during registration.

Anyway, I've seen him yest. I only waited for about 5 mins to see him.

I told him I wanna buy the fish oil etc outside and he said no prob. So, I ask him to write a prescription for me and I went to KKH to buy. Think it's much cheaper to buy at KKH. I remember my SIL paying 3x more at her clinic at TMC.

Jenny, maybe u wanna extend yr appt with him to 1 week later. Cos at tat time, u might be able to see the heartbeat. Then, at least u dun need another blood test and can save on the consultation fee. At the moment, you can buy some folic acid and start eating first.

Daphne

How much folic acid are u taking daily now?
Wat I bought from pharmacy is 5mg per tablet.. How much shld i b taking?

Daphne

How much folic acid are u taking daily now?
Wat I bought from pharmacy is 5mg per tablet.. How much shld i b taking?

Hi,

I given birth recently at TMC under Dr Tham. Followed him from KKH to TMC, glad i make the decision to follow him from KKH to TMC. He is one of the most caring and professional gynae that I ever come across.

I was induced at 40+ weeks and he keep reassuring me that i can give birth naturally, quite unlikely to require c-sect. Dr Tham is pro natural and unlikely to suggest c-sect unless firmly requested by patient or the situation warrants it.

He come by the observation ward many times during my induction to check whether i'm okie or how is the progress of my labour. His stiches is good, i was able to get out of bed the next day after natural delivery and the epi worn off.

I'm quite an anxious MTB, but he manages to reassure me everytime I see him in his clinic. Whether it's during my pregnancy, during my delivery or after my delivery. He was a great help in me maintaining my sanity during the pregnancy process. Always have thousand and one question for him during consultation but he always answered me patiently but said that i worried too much....haha"

Hi,

I given birth recently at TMC under Dr Tham. Followed him from KKH to TMC, glad i make the decision to follow him from KKH to TMC. He is one of the most caring and professional gynae that I ever come across.

I was induced at 40+ weeks and he keep reassuring me that i can give birth naturally, quite unlikely to require c-sect. Dr Tham is pro natural and unlikely to suggest c-sect unless firmly requested by patient or the situation warrants it.

He come by the observation ward many times during my induction to check whether i'm okie or how is the progress of my labour. His stiches is good, i was able to get out of bed the next day after natural delivery and the epi worn off.

I'm quite an anxious MTB, but he manages to reassure me everytime I see him in his clinic. Whether it's during my pregnancy, during my delivery or after my delivery. He was a great help in me maintaining my sanity during the pregnancy process. Always have thousand and one question for him during consultation but he always answered me patiently but said that i worried too much....haha"

Jenny, I'm also taking the 5mg per tablet folic acid. So, just take 1 per day in the morning after breakfast.

Impulse41, congratulations! Glad to hear tat a lot of his patients dun regret following him to TMC.

Think I really make the right choice to follow him also.

Jenny, I'm also taking the 5mg per tablet folic acid. So, just take 1 per day in the morning after breakfast.

Impulse41, congratulations! Glad to hear tat a lot of his patients dun regret following him to TMC.

Think I really make the right choice to follow him also.

hi Daphne,

Don't worry, i think you are in good hands. Congra! on your preganancy.

Even though i find WC Cheng clinic very old and a far cry from KKH private suite. But Dr Tham has an amazing ultrasound scanner....haha,i think it's one of the better model in the market. Cas the scanner is better than those in the KKH private suite and definately better than his scanner at the AMK night clinic.

hi Daphne,

Even though i find WC Cheng clinic very old and a far cry from KKH private suite. But Dr Tham has an amazing ultrasound scanner....haha,i think it's one of the better model in the market. Cas the scanner is better than those in the KKH private suite and definately better than his scanner at the AMK night clinic.

hi Daphne,

hi Daphne,

Hi Impulse,

Talking about the scanner, I think he also like it very much. He's always trying to let me hear the heartbeat twice I visited him. (6 & 9 wks). I remember the last time at AMK clinic, he only let me listen to the hearbeat when I'm around 6 mths pregnant. He's also showing me the colour of the heartbeat etc.

Btw, he also ask me to bring a thumbdrive next time I visit him so tat he can copy the scan to me. Think he's really enjoying the scanner.

Hi Impulse,

Talking about the scanner, I think he also like it very much. He's always trying to let me hear the heartbeat twice I visited him. (6 & 9 wks). I remember the last time at AMK clinic, he only let me listen to the hearbeat when I'm around 6 mths pregnant. He's also showing me the colour of the heartbeat etc.

Btw, he also ask me to bring a thumbdrive next time I visit him so tat he can copy the scan to me. Think he's really enjoying the scanner.

Back