Choa chu kang mummy club

Hi Cutebaby,

Opps, I had changed my email address. Pls assist to resend.

TQ
happy.gif

Hi Cutebaby,

Thanks. I received your email. Hmmm....the prog not bad. I'll discuss with my hb before we make the final decision.

Dear all,

I'm new to this forum & would like to check around CCK area which childcare is good.

I have went to Amazing Star & Kinderland to view before. So wondering is this new centre Mulberry Learning good or not? Any parent kids in this centre already? How their cirriculum, teacher, environment..etc?

Hope they are some advice for me. Thanks
happy.gif

Hi Cutebaby,

Thx for the suggestion.

I have discussed with my hb on my proposed arrangement over the weekend but he do not seemed keen as my elder gal having already settled in very well in the current CCC and he felt that she is also making good progress there.

I will speak to Mandy and Emma again and visit the Centre when their renovation is completed to see if he changes his mind after that.

Hi Snowball32,

Ya, if you feel comfortable with the present CCC then should continue. The most important is your gal, you & your huz like it.

Hi Cutebaby77,

So far for my daughter (after 2 mths at the CCC), 2 bruises - 1 "blue-black" bruise on her thigh and a scratch on her stomach. When I asked her, she told me that she knocked while playing at the playground and the scratched her stomach while bathing.

Hi Cutebaby77,

If this is so, then, something is not right.

Hey, I saw in another thread that seemed that another parent also quite unhappy with your kid's CC? I wonder if you saw that thread?

Hi Snowball32,

Ya, i saw it. Wondering which CCC. Maybe PM her & ask which CCC is it. Hehehe.......then we can aware which one is good or bad.

Hi Cutebaby,

The mummy seemed quite annoyed. So I guess it shd be the same CC based on the names mentioned in earlier posting.

My hb's colleague's son also in that CC. Maybe I can chk with her for comments on the CC when I get to meet her.

Hey, your child got hurt again? Maybe shd make a complain to MCYS to put the CC on their toes.

Hi Snowball32,

Which CCC?

No, it's my friend child. Now my son still got 3 weeks to go then will transfer out from Kinderland. It's also the principal wish too. Hope everything will be fine & my son will have fun with Mulberry holiday programme.

Hi Cutebaby77,

Same CCC as your son's. Maybe in same class hor?

I really hope things will turn out better for you. I understand the hassles of transitions and your son having to get used to new environment all over again.

hi mommies,

anyone send your kids to sheffied kidsworld (cck) or my first skool (ntuc ccc @ blk 212)?

hoping for some comments before i confirm which ccc to send my dd next yr.

thks alot
happy.gif

hi i am looking for a playgroup for my 19 mth old son. I am looking at tulip montessori and tumble tots. would appreciate very much if anyone could comment on the above 2 or other recommendation.

Hi,

I'm also planning to put my son to a playgroup when he turns 18mths in Mar...looking for a school with its own outdoor area and good curriculum...anyone can advis where I can get a listing of all preschool?

My DD1 used to attend PG class for about 1 year with Agape Student Care at Blk 632A. I find their cirriculum quite good and price reasonable. You can check it out.

My DD1 has been transferred to fullday CC at Agape CCK 3 mths ago.

Tulip Montesorri - Fees are very expensive. I find their prog not worth the price.

hi snowball & mummies,
I'm sending my elder girl to cck cc's speech & drama holiday programme. Anyone there too?
How about you, any programme?

Hi Jf,

My daughter's CC got English and Chinese Speech and Drama classes included in their prog. So, I do not need to send her for these classes.

I am interest to start my elder girl with music classes. Any recommendations?

hi snowball

my frens' daughters go to yamaha at linbamg...

JP and mushloom

i could not find good playgroup, so decided to put him in mulberry.

Hi everybody,

Ya, recently this forum seen very quiet.

My son at MMI doing quite well. The only problem is everyday his body will have the food smell that i don't really like it.

Hi jo,

So now your son is at Mulberry? How thing going on? How's their environment, teacher & programme?

I think cutebaby77 son also at Mulberry too. Did you saw her?

hi jo,

where is mulberry?
N anyone can enlighted me on what to look out when choosing playgroup?
thanks

Hi jf,

Thanks, I will go check out Yamaha Limbang.

Hi Worrymum77,

Good to hear that your son is doing well at MMI. I went to 10-mile junction branch before. I think the food smell comes from the foodcourt adjacent to the CC.

Cutebaby77's son just started with Mulberry this month, I think.

Btw, I have checked with my DD1's CC on why there is a CC fee surge. The principal explained that from 2010, they are scaling down the teacher-to-child ratio, eg, for PG, instead of 1-to-8, they are going for 1-to6 children. In addition, they are planning more external enrichment programmes for the children. Hence, the fee hike.

I shall see if they do what they preach. But, so far, we are quite happy with my DD1's progress with them.

Hi Snowball,

The food smell actually is from the MMI kitchen co's they did fried garlic, onion...etc. That why the centre got strong food smell but the food smell will gone around 2pm to 3pm.

So their N1, N2, K1 & K2 teacher to children ratio will scale down too? So next year your gals will have more enrichment class for almost everyday if they really plan more external enrichment programme.

Hi CCK Mummies,

Ya, my son started Mulberry Learning on 1 Dec 09. Today is his 3rd day & so far still ok. He enjoy their Dec holiday programme co's every week also got field trip & different activites daily.

After the renovation their centre more bright & nicer. If got any enquires about our child, parent also can e-mail to the principal to check with her.

Snowball,
What musical instrument do you intend to let your girl learn?

My elder girl goes to Ossia (in the building beside Lot1) for piano classes & toJurong East for violin lessons. These are not one-time holiday programmes but long-term courses.

Hi Worrymum,

IC...I thot the food smell from the foodcourt next to the CC is rather strong that spreads into the Ctr. Maybe you can suggest to the school to improve the kitchen exhaust system to dispell the smell.

Yes, the teacher-to-child ratio will be scaled down for all age groups.

But, I still have to pay extra for my DD1 to attend English Speech and Drama Class as this is still not included in the higher CC fees.

They are having a field trip to visit Health Zone at HPB next week.

Hi Cutebaby,

Great to hear that your son is adapting well, you shd have lesser worries now. My DD2 is joining her jie jie next mth now that they have a vacancy for her. Hope that she can also adapt well there.

Hi jf,

I intend to let her learn either piano or violin. HB will kill me if I insist that she learns both....
kao_scared.gif

Does Ossia accept 3yo for piano lessons? Lot 1 is more convenient for sending for lessons.

Hi Snowball,

My son also just went to HPB on 2 Dec too. Kekeke..... he enjoy it, I think your DD1 will enjoy it too.

Hopefully he also can learn well too. This sat is the parent meeting day so we'll know more what programme is my son going to have on next year & who will be his teacher.

Next year your DD2 is at N1? So her jie jie can keep alook at her too. Btw, your DD1 CC's fee is included what enrichment programme?

Morning Snowball,

I did feedback to the person-in-charge. She said they did have exhaust system but their centre no window so the smell take time to go off. I'll monitor & see how thing going on, if really feel uncomfortable I might consider to change.

So do you have any idea next year what's their N1 & N2 teacher to child ratio.

Hi Cutebaby,

Perviously you did mentioned that Mulberry also got no window, right...... So when they cook, does it have strong cooking smell?

Hi Worrymum,

I do not have the details. I intend to ask when I register for my DD2.

For my DD1 who has just been promoted to N2, her class has 18 kids now (2 teachers).

Hi Cutebaby,

My DD1 CC fees include Gymplay and Chinese Speech & Drama Classes. English Speech & Drama and Art Classes are payable.

My DD2 will be in PG class when she join. However, the principal informed me that my DD2 and another toddler will join the N1 class as there will only be 2 of them born in 2008. She will assign 1 teacher to look after them and teach them PG prog. Total N1 class will have 3 teachers (for total 18 kids for now).

They will be transfer them to a separate PG class when they enrol another 4 kids.

Currently, the CC is running a full capacity. So, the transfer will be at around March to April.

Hi Snowball,

So you need to pay how much extra for the English speech & drama and art class?

Since now they are full capacity that mean next year they get less at PG level and more at elder kids.

Hi Cutebaby,

$60 for English S & D and $40 for Art class. Oh yes, the CC fee also include multi-media learning (by Town-for-Kids) for kids from N1 to K2 (think its twice a week).

Yes, they running a full capacity now. Their PG class has always been small. Understand this year they have 8 PG students.

Next Sat, they are having a Charity Carnival which have a session for Children's performance. My DD1 got stage fright one...dunno she can perform or not.

How about Mulberry, what enrichment classes do the CC fee include?

Hi Snowball,

Tomorrow will be the parent meeting so will know more on their programme.

So far i know N2 got multi-media learning, computer lesson, tumble tots gymplay, phonics. Sat wil ask more.

So every month still need to pay $100 more. Hmmm..... wondering how much extra do i need to pay for the extra programme.

Hi Snowball,

It's ok. So their ratio at N2 now is 1:9, seen quite good leh.

Wooooo..... on top of CC's fee still need to pay another $100 so every month you need to pay S$900 plus. Your both gal almost spend on CC around 2K. Got 2 kids really spend alot.

Cutebaby,

The phonics is consider as enrichment programme? After parent meeting day, updates us what does N2 have. Thanks ;)

Hi Cutebaby,

For my DD's CC, phonics is already in the basic program. They using Letterland to teach phonics.

Actually, I was hoping that they include English Speech & Drama class with the CC fee hike. But, that did not happen
sad.gif

Hi Worrymum,

Yalor. Lucky thing is fee hike do not affect my DD1 under current intake and my DD's CC got tie up with OCBC CDA account and having promotion. So my DD2's fees will be $100 for first yr. On top of that, both my kids enjoy $30 sibling discounts when 2 attend same CC. So, we can save a bit of $$$ here. But, everymth still gotta fork out about $1.3k for 2 kids after subsidy .

Hi Snowball,

For Mulberry their phonics is consider as enrichment & get others to teach. If not wrong is once per week.

I feel that increase of $100 on the CC's fee, they should included the English S&D. Co's if they reduce the teacher to children ratio also don't need to increase so much. Another thing i feel maybe they can't intake so much fullday kids co's of the centre size. If not worng MCYS is go by centre size to intake how many fullday & halfday kids.

Hi Worrymum,

Correction, with the OCBC CDA promotion, DD2's CC fees will be $100 less for 1st yr.

Hi Cutebaby,

I think so too. That is Y I ask the principal rationale for increase. 1 reason is to reduce teacher-to-child ratio, another reason is that they are planning more programmes external adhoc enrichment programmes for the kids.

I shall see how it goes first in the first half yr before we decide if we wanna switch CC for my kids.

Snowball,
For piano lessons, ossia accepts 3 yrs 6 mths old, and they count strictly by months, not even 1 mth younger.

Actually my hb is the one who insist my girl learn 2 instruments *faint* Piano is definitely much easier to pick up than violin.

Hi Snowball,

Actually now how much is the CC's fee? Less $100 for a year also not bad. Every 2nd child will also have this discount or only apply to certain CCC?

Snowball,

The English S&D and Art class is also a enrichment programme so should be able to included 1 in the CC's fee mah. Ya, see next year what other adhoc programme will they included in the CC's fee.

Hi JF,

How much is the Piano lesson per month? Per week need to learn how many hours?

Hi Worrymum,

DD1 CC fees is $800. DD2 will be $900. $30 Sibling discount applicable for both siblings in same CC.

The $100 off CC fees for 1st yr & waiver of regn fee applicable to OCBC CDA account holders. Think promotion ending 31 Dec 09.

Hi jf,

OK, then I will go enquire and maybe enrol her when she turns 3yr 6mths (still have 4 mths to go). Btw, do parent has to sit in during her lessons? Think Yamaha requires 1 parent to accompany the child during lessons.

Wa....your hb opposite of my hb leh. He refused to let me enrol my DD1 for additional classes as he feel that she is already having enough lessons in CC.

Snowball,
Parents are not required to sit in. You can go shopping at Lot1 during the lesson ;)

My elder girl doesn't go to full-day childcare but 3 hrs nursery, so her piano & violin lessons are the only enrichment programmes. That's why my hb insists on her music lessons.

Cutebaby,
$70 + GST = $74+
30mins per week only. I guess the kids are too young to focus for longer period, so each lesson is quite short.

Back