Choa chu kang mummy club

hi snowball

ok will keep u update. our kids will start on 1 Dec 09. my gf told me there is some delay in takeover cos something not approved by mcys. i hope it will not affect the renovation date.

hi cutebaby

just met my gf yesterday, she told me the teacher said the renovation date should not be affected. my gf also told me many withdrawals in K2 and Nursery! not sure what is happening...

hi jo,

What happen??? K2 is their last year already, still withdarw & change environment then the kids need to adopt new CCC again. They find Mulberry Learning not good or not happy with their arrangement? Make me feel worry.......... So will you still register your no.2?

maybe many of the parents have not heard of Mulberry. As you know Wharton's fees is considered the highest in Yew Tee due to its reputation. Now another operator take over and charging the same as wharton. tha parents might not willing to pay for it? my guess only

my gf told me Wharton's fee inclusive of GST but Mulberry is not GST registered but they still charge the same rate (inclusive of GST) as Wharton.

anyway i heard from another parent that AGAPE is going to increase the school fees to $900 to new students in next year!!!! crazily high!

hi
I wonder which ccc did the parents send their children to after they withdrew from wharton.. hmm.. considering that wharton is supposedly one of the best in cck, isn't it?

Hi Jo,

Ya, agreed co's Mulberry Learning not much ppl know it too.

From what i know Emma JE Branch is really good & principal is Mandy. Now she'll be transfer to CCK Branch. Hopefully it'll be the same result as JE branch. JE branch charge $950. So i think they charges is at $900 onwards. Mulberry Learning is not GST registered, i didn't notice that too.

Wah, AGAPE going to increase from $600 plus to $900. That's really a big jump. Are they going to have more activities or their centre will have more facilities.

Hi Cutebaby,

Ya lor, I just started my elder daughter with Agape in Sep 09. The fees was $800. They used to charge $700 for N2 to K2. But, the latest information I got was the fees will be adjusted to $900 for all levels (one fee applies from PG to K2). Quite a quantum jump in fees. So far, I did not hear any updates on the improved activities or facilities leh. Maybe, will find out more from the Principal when I fetch my daughter.

So far, my daughter's doing quite well there tho'.

just called agape

the fees has already increased to 900 for new parents....

cutebaby

mulberry fees is not considered expensive now....

Hi Snowball,

Ya, should check see whether will effect the existing students or not.

I just know that agape have installed aircon but the person-in-charge ever told me b4 that sometime they'll turn off the aircon but not too sure why.

From my view, although agape now is fully aircon but location still at HDB. Unless they have new added programme or facilities.

Hi Jo,

Agreed, Mulberry now not consider expensive liao. But not too sure when is the hand over. It's already mid-oct already.

hi cutebaby

now i am thinking whether i should send my youngest to agape playgroup (2 to 3 hours daily) then send him to learning ladder when he reaches 2.5 years old.

maybe i am still not sure how good is Mulberry but I like learning ladder for its low ratio (2:15) and generous food...

my gf told me now Wharton did not follow time table... afternoon watch TV, play...etc. no studying... we guess it is transition period... hopefully everything will be settled

Hi Jo,

So when your no. 2 reach K1 then will register him to another CCC?

I think transition will be very messy & the teachers no mood to teach too. Especially some teacher will left the centre after the hand over have been done. So your gf's kid is at their which level? Will she continue her kid at Mulberry?

hi cutebaby

if mulberry is better than learning ladder, then will stay on lor

my gf's daughter at K1, she will stay on
happy.gif
but she is also planning to place her youngest boy (not yet 1 yr old) at learning ladder

Hi Cutebaby/ Jo,

I thought the principal told me they adjusting fees wef next year?

So far, we did not receive any notification from them. So, I guess current students not affected.

Now if go by ranking, most expensive CCC so far will be Mulberry, followed by Agape and then Kinderland....Like COE prices....going up and up....If I send both my daughters to Agape, It will cost us a hefty $1140 per mth, after subsidy and sibling discount of $30 each ---> A big HOLE in our pocket...Sighhhhhhhh

Hi Jo,

But her elder still at Mulberry so why not also register her boy at Mulberry too? She also like the Learning Ladder ratio.

Hi Snowball,

Ya, just for CCC fee really cost alot if got 2 kids.

Hi Jo,

My elder daughter used to attend the PG/ PN at Agape. Both groups share the same classroom. There are about 20 - 24 kids with 3 teachers around at any one time.

So far, I find they handled the kids quite well.

Hi all,

Quite some time didn't login to this forum. Seen like alot of parents transfer out their child from Wharton, so Mulberry will have to work harder to build up their reputation.

So Jo & cutebaby77, will both of you still register your child to Mulberry?

Hi Snowball32

I have registered my son to MMI @ Ten Mile. I don't dare to register at Kinderland. I also know that Kinderland have increase their CC fee to $930. If their programme is not that great & yet asking for such high fee, i think not worth it. I don't want to take this risk for my son.

Actually i want to join Jo & cutebaby77 to Mulberry Learning but my hubby like MMI teaching method.But i like the sport complex facilities.

Hi Snowball32,

I know Kinderland increase their fee from another Kinderland mother. She also withdraw her child from Kinderland due to their Curriculum.

I think now all those rated as Premium CCC will increase their fee to $900+. For me, increase fee must come with good curriculum, environment & care giving teacher.

Hi Worrymum77,

After viewing the MMI @ Ten Mile, do you feel that their cooking smell is very strong?

Ya, agreed with Worrymum77. Premium fee must be able to deliver good result & services.

Hi Worrymum/ Cutebaby,

My daughter's CC also increasing their CC fees by $100. Current intake not affected, but, the new fees will apply to my younger daughter when I send her next year. I am checking with the teacher/ principal on any changes to their prog to justify the fee increase.

With the rate of fees adjustment, the additional $150 govt subsidy will soon be wiped out....we are back to square1
sad.gif

Hi Cutebaby77,

Ya, the cooking smell is very strong co's they got no window & did fried food like gaclic. Actually i also don't like the smell but my hubby very impress with their teaching method. So no choice lor.

Hi Snowball32,

Your gal cc fees increase does it affected the existing students? What i know Kinderland increase those existing students too.

Ya, next time just like no govt sub liao co's CC fees more & more expensive.

Hi Worrymum77,

Ya, i also like their teaching method. But my son can't stand the smell. Hehehehe...........

Can you PM me why that mother find Kinderland Curriculum not good. Thanks.

Hi Snowball32,

Ya, i also wondering your elder gal CC fees did effected or not? Yes, should check why increase in the fee.

Hi Worrymum/ Cutebaby,

I understand that the CC already increased their fees since Oct 09. My daughter's was in the Sep 09 enrollment. So far, we did not receive any letters or phonecalls from the CC that there will be a fee increase. So, presumed that current intake no change lor.

I will check with the Principal again this evening when I fetch my daughter later.

So far, I find their prog quite ok, but, I really wish to see what are the improved features for them to justify the increase in CC fees. Moreover, they are operating in HDB flat void deck somemore.

NB : Altho' I am paying $800 for my daughter for this CC, I still have to pay $60 extras if I opt to enrol my child for English Speech & Drama class. I feel that they shd at least include this into their cirriculum if they increase their fees.

See what the principal says.

Hi Snowball32,

Your gall is at which level? Does she learn phonics? Ya, since they increase $100 of the fee, they should have added better curriculum or facilities. I think they can't add in new facilities co's their centre not much space left, i did view their centre before on year 2008. If didn't remember wrongly, Year 2008 their fee is just $600+ or $700+. So almost every year they increase once.

You're right, void deck cc fees should be more cheaper co's rental won't be that high too. Somemore increase $100, that quite alot. If they install aircon also no need to increase $100.

Hi Cutebaby,

My gal is at N1 now. Yes, the CC uses Letterland to teach Phonics which I find my gal is picking up well. She now recognises all 26 alphabets and their sounds. She is also picking up her Chinese well there.

In the fees, also includes Chinese Speech & Drama class and GymPlay but not English Speech & Drama and Art class. These are extra classes we have to pay if we want to participate.

During enrolment, the fees was $800. Previously from N2 to K2, the fees was $700. Now, they charge a Flat CC fee of $900 for all levels. So, effectively, it is a $200 jump if current intake has to pay higher fees
sad.gif

Hi Snowball32,

That's great, N1 start to learn Phonics. N1 got Chinese/English Speech & Drama and Art?

For those N2 to K2 $200 really a great jump. Does the parent ask them what happen that a big different?

Hi worrymum77,

Thanks, i received.

Hi Cutebaby,

Yes, the CC included Chinese Speech & Drama class in their cirriculum. For Art and English Speech & Drama classes, gotta pay extra as these are outside the core cirriculum.

I am starting my daughter with English Speech & Drama class next mth now that she is already settled in well in the CC.

There will be a meet-the-parent session sometime next mth. I will find out more from the Principal on the fees jump.

I just received the receipt for Oct CC fees GIRO deduction. Confirmed that no fees hike for current intake....phewwwww

Hi Snowball,

Not bad leh, since N1 they got Chinese/English Speech & Drama and Art.

So next year your no.2 will be going to their N1?

Hi Cutebaby,

Actually, I quite like their program and chose the CC becos of this. I will start my daughter with Art class next year.

I also find their Gymplay (similar to those at Tumbletots) quite good, my daughter enjoyed that and now, after a few sessions, she is now more "daring" to play when she goes for outdoor playground.

Nx year, my #2 joining their PG class when she turns 2
happy.gif

Hi Snowball,

Ya, their curriculum not bad. Actually i like kids learn Phonics at their young age. I find that my son really wasted 1 yr that didn't learn Phonics. Thanks for sharing your info with me
happy.gif

Hi Cutebaby77 & Jo,

After both of have started your son at Mulberry Learning, pls updates us how's their curriculum & environment.

If i find MMI @ Ten Mile not good or not convenience for us then i can find a reason to transfer to Mulberry Learning. Hehehehe..........thks ;)

Hi Cutebaby,

I am surprised that Kinderland did not start phonics for N1s...My daughter love her phonics class. But, my friend and colleague who sent their kids to Kinderland did comment before that Kinderland got structured teaching prog and their kids got good foundation in languages from attending their kindergarten/ CC.

I just found out that my daughter's CC is also a franchisee for Town-For-Kids teaching programs. But, I did not see the multi-media teaching board in her class, maybe its for higher level kids.

Hi Snowball32,

Ya, Kinderland only teach basic Phonics at N2. Before register my son I also heard good review about Kinderland but after my son go thru their N1, I only can said some normal CCC curriculum is even better then them. Your friend & colleague kids at which branch of Kinderland?

Ya, from Town For Kids wed page i saw they did franchise their programme to other centres too.

Hi Cutebaby,

My colleague's daughter is at Kinderland SP - she graduated 2 yrs ago.

My friend's daughter is at Kinderland Parkway Parade.

Hi Snowball32,

I think different branches will have different result. It's depend how's the teacher/principal teach & manage.

I notice that some centre is directly open by Kinderland & some is franchisee. Kinderland SP & Paryway Parade is not a franchisee branch.

Hi Cutebaby,

Yes, these CCs are operated directly under Kinderland. I also heard good comments for the Kinderland academy at YCK. But, too far.

The ones in CCK operate by Franchisee.

Hi Cutebaby,

Yes, I agree with you. I also heard good comments on Kinderland Woodlands - Civic Plaza, also operate directly under Kinderland.

In fact, I did hear about negative feedback on the Kinderland Academy at Sunshine Place but, the CC CCK got quite good feedback leh. Is it they change principal?

Hi Snowball32,

I'm not sure CCK principal have been there for how long. Like worrymum77 told me 1 mum negative feedback too but she didn't post on forum. I think not all parent will read or post at forum.

If a CCC is good, it won't have high turn over student.

Back