Blacklisting of bad BP/Sprees Organisers

Hi ladies,

take heart,if issue really get worse like what happen in this article,there are still ways to resolve.

since money was trsfed and there are records.

Hope this helps.

1070551.jpg

hi Bee Lee/Moderator,

I have ordered some Richard Scarry books from a BP organiser called Bummy Bee. I paid $112 on 19 Dec 2007, but till now I have not received my books.

First she did not email me to inform me books are here. I only found out from other mommies that they are receiving their books, then I emailed her.
I didn't receive any replies from her email, so I got her mobile number from another mommy.
When I SMS-ed her and arranged a time to deliver, she did not turn up and later said there was a miscommunication and she got the dates mixed up.
When I asked for another delivery date again, she asked if she can send by registered post, and I said OK.
I gave her my address again in case she got it wrong, and after 4 days, still have not received any registered parcel.
When I SMS-ed her, she said she sent already and that it's "weird" I did not receive it.
I asked her to give me the Registered Article (RA) number so I can track from Singpost, but she kept giving excuses (like she left the receipt in the office).
My husband is now thinking of reporting to the police, and I have SMS-ed her to give the the RA number so I can get the books and close this issue.
Then she replied saying she is a single mom and works 6.5 days a week, and asked me not to report to the police. But still no Registered Article number from her.

Is there any recourse for me?
I still have records of the bank transfer in my bank statement, as well as the SMS-es that she sent me.

Got my books thru' mail after she refunded my money when I was about to lodge police report.
I'll transfer the money back to her as I am a genuine buyer for the books.

**Issue closed**
happy.gif

Hi Bee Lee,

Some organisers are selling fake branded stuff to unknowing consumers. Can we expose them? They claimed that they are overruns but in actual facts, they are not.

For example, this organiser claims that the polos are authentic but see how the pics are exactly the same as the China companies that manufactures fake. Made in China but printed on the label "Made in Peru".

Please refer to the similarities between the two:-
http://fansgems.en.ec21.com/product_list.jsp?group_id=GC02230048&group_nm=Lacoste_&view_type=List

and

the organiser who is currently organising a bp.

I just thought submission of ic is not needed ,because we can use the bank account that mummies transfr their money to.
go to the bank & get their details.if im not wrong i heard someone said b4 its $20.
& we can go report police
happy.gif

i mean in the case of fraud,hit & run organiser.

what if we paid for an item via bank transfer already and the mummy doesn't reply emails or SMS after receiving paymmnt. Suddenly go MIA. :-(

For the overseas sprees, some spree organisers take advantage and don't reply to those buyers who cannot post in the overseas sprees or Want to sell threads.

we got case agst them or not?

rubber_ducky,
call them?

"overseas sprees, spree organisers" who take advantage,
if you truely meet one,
pls share her name here, thanks.
happy.gif

I almost wanted to order from Bling_always too.

Anyway, does a 7-day or 80-day BP really end after the time is up??? Doesnt it make a $25/$80 posting fee stretch up to more than what it's charged? I'm always curious coz some still seem to be doing business after the supposed 'duedate'. Everyone can still post/order/reorder/comment after the BP has closed.

If it's via PM directly to the seller/organiser (or accessing their blogs/websites for repeat orders), then there's nothing you moderators can do about it, right??? Seems to me like one only need to post once to get his/her potential customer list.

Correct???

However, I really respect those BP organisers who email their (previous) customers to inform them of their new BP, and yet still continue pay the posting fee for the new BP.

I mean...they could have saved themselves the $25/80 lor. ;p

hi moderators,

I wan to say that, I purchase a keep me organised carter bag from this BP organiser in End March. Having paid with registered mail, the goods did not come after a long wait (3mths). I was always being missed out in their emails loops. This is already very weird. If they have captured my orders how can i not in the loop? I emailed the person who mail out the bag checking if my order has been sent. She replied it was sent to Marsiling.. But that is not the address i gave them !! So i check with the BP organised Temple, if i can refund... she said cannot as the bags has been mailed out. But I din received anything, why i have to pay and wat do they mean by no refund when i dun get my things and they make a mistake in my address ?

in the middle of the nite, this BP organiser called saying tat she checked and my name not in her list as i have not paid her!! for goddness sake, i paid her $32.90 (includiong registered mail) i been waiting for 3 mths and she tell me now tat i'm not in the list ! Furthermore i have been smsing her to ask about the updates as there is literally no updates from them to me at all, unless i msg her.

Moderators pls advice me how can i can my money back from such BP organiser.

Thank you.

wakie,
I'm not sure if it helps. If you are talking abt bank book transaction, it is unlikely to have bp organiser bank acct # there. But if is internet banking, the bank acct # is reflected that.
If so, show to the bp organiser to proof you did the payment but didn't receive item. However, if you opt for normal postage, my guess is they will tell you they are not liable for lost mail for normal postage.

wakie,
since u opted for Registered mail and you got proof of payment, you just tell the organiser you will report police if she don't refund you.
Think she will be scared then and take you seriously.

btw, the organiser is temple (worshippertemple)? I still see her very active in the forum.

Hi wakie,
how u place order and make payment? post at thread? payment thru IB? Did organiser acknowledge ur order and payment? If yes, mean u got sufficient reason to demand the answer/refund. Furthermore, if u opt for register mail, there should # for both u trace from post office.

hmm.. i ever deal with the person nick is temple 2-3yrs back (dunno is it same person), think she stay at serangoon side.. my experience told me that her response very SLOW!!

i think that for registered mail.. the seller should be liable!

if its normal mail then no choice.. gotta shut up, but its a diff story if its registered mail!

i agree you shld put more pressure on the bp organizer, tell her if not you'll take this to the police case..

wakie,
This is my suggestion:

- Did u pay via iBanking / ATM? Was the acct no. of the bp organiser provided to u thru email? Then U will have proof that that organsier did indeed took your order.

- 2ndly, check that the funds were transferred to the right acct. Since she claimed that she did not take ur order & your $, but u said the $ was deducted from your acct. The $ must have gone to some acct. right? Call the bank to verify that the amt. was definately deducted & check which acct the $ went to.

- 3rdly, the problem with bp is that all amt credited to the organser's acct. will be more or less the same as everybody who joined are buying the same goods. If you had paid via ATM, only the amt. transferred will appear on the organiser's statement record, not ur acct. no, so to the organiser the $ could have been from any of the participants. If you had paid via ATM, the transaction slip will have the recipient's acct. no. printed on the slip.

- 4thly, whether the parcel is send via normal or registered or lost is irrelevant now since the organiser claimed that she did not take ur order. U have no claim on her let alone asking for refund. Most impt thing now is to check that the $ was indeed credited to her acct. & show her the proof den you can talk abt refund.

There's no point breathing down her neck now or bring in the police. Whether your money was deducted or not is not her problem: proof of delivery does not equal to proof of receiving (like Singpost). U have to proof that the money went to HER acct. then you have a case against her. CALL THE BANK
happy.gif

Hi moderator

Please see check on this BP organizer ...
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1436350.html?1211432392

COLOUR
Very different from what I received. Purple tee turned out pinkish. Greyish blue tee turned out grey colour.

SIZE
ALL the sizes are different. One tee is bigger than the other. The bermudas are of different size too!

QUALITY
I quote you saying its soft cotton material. Both dun look like cotton. One of them is SILKY material!

I understand that sometimes colour may turn out differently as seen on different computer. But the rest of the issues are absolutely unacceptable.

This organizer is dishonest because they are playing with words to communicate the product information. They refuse to refund when i refused to accept the differences in quality & design.

The bottom is actually replaced by another design. Please see photos.

1534475.jpg

1534476.jpg

Not only these clothings, the baby carrier i bought did not hv adjustable straps as wat they claimed. Only a piece of velcro tape in the middle of the carrier which I dun see why that's an adjustable function. They are playing with words to cover up the inferior quality of their products.

Such organizers should be banned.

Hi Bee Lee,

I have finally received my item today.

It is a very unpleasant and regretful experience to place order with organiser, Baktou.

Hi Bee Lee

This BP organizer under the nick of Swanky Kids - sane as san (mrs wang)'s email, seems to have vanished. No response to multiple mummies out there, including myself on refunds.

Any way for you to get her to return our monies? Many mummies out there are waiting to take serious action already.

Hope you can see into this asap. Thanks!

Hi Bee Lee

The BP under the nick of Swanky Kids maybe a case of cheat. Many of them are waiting for refund but Swanky Kids seems to ignore their plea. At certain point, Swanky Kids even made irresponsible remarks.

I urge you to take necessary actions against Sawnky Kids to prevent things getting out of control.

A lot of us are considering reporting this to the authority if the matter is not being sort out soon.

Please read the soft link below of similar case.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/mic/2006/061122_cid_carparts.htm

Please take a look at how this Swanky Kids reply to the rest of the Mummies! He/She is simply just too irresponsible!:

(Closed) ANO:NE Loungewear, SETS, GAP and more BP
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1436350.html?1216016559

(Closed) New "Hip & Swanky Crazy Sale" (buy 5 get 6th FREE)
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1529675.html?1216820558

(Closed) The Hippiest & Swankiest Children Wear BP
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1436349.html?1216820522

(Closed) Swanky Babe BP I
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1462888.html?1216820396

Hi Bee Lee,

I oso order some items from Swanky Kids,transfer the $$ but didn't get my items...didn't get the refund either...
sad.gif

Maybe i say "consider it as a donation"..So she gladly accepted...
Swanky Kids keeps saying dat she's not a CHEAT....But i like to add in,if she not a cheat...She should at least make her stand clear by sending the items back to us or refund us...
But she didn't,instead as you can see her BP,she's trying to make ALL the mummies get frustrated/angry by those remarks...I think she waiting for mummies to say "donate to her" then not only she can keeps her stocks,she can also keeps her $$$ by not refund'g to us...
So BEE LEE,isn't she a cheat???Her action/behaviour has already very CLEAR to us...
I think you should treat this CASE/PERSON very seriously...If not,she will continue to takes our stocks which mummies say "donate to her" to CHEAT other mummies again..
Thank you!!!

Hi moderator,

Me too ordered from Swanky Kids, did not receive my items through registered mail.(First time in my life, registered mail got lost and I've to suck thumb)
sad.gif

End up no refund and that her 'partner'(very efficient, less than 4 working days) had thrown away the registered slips(so I cannot track or even call singpost regards to this) and singpost did not have any return package(as swanky claim).

Hi jankenn, zenia, christine and tachbe,

Are all these for the An:eek:ne BP? If so, please keep to that thread. You can put up a table with nicks, amount to be refunded and reasons. This is to help consolidate the information for the organiser. You may email the whole table to her if you are concern that she doesn't read your thread or can't receive the PM. Scattered informations in various threads will require her to spend more time to sort these out.

Most importantly, if you want the refund, then state it clearly. If you give mixed instructions, the organiser will be confused as well.

Alot of time have already been spent on hurtful words and verbal attack. Lets calm down and try to settle this. If you have valid reasons, do explain to the organiser and state your request clearly. Give her reasonable timeframe to make the refund. If all else fails, you may proceed to take actions as you deem appropriate.

Best regards
Bee Lee

Hi Bee Lee,

Please try to read thru the thread that were posted by the mummies.

And I believe if you are one of the mummy who deal with her (either thru forum/ email), I dun think you will/can accept the way she handle things especially this is something that involve MONEY...

What I can say is there must be something wrong with this BP organiser! There are so many mummies there (who posted their comments/ email) has difficulties dealing with her! In addition, she is holding our money and now we are at her mercy! I agree with christine, she is jus trying to agitate us so that we could give up both the money and item we purchased. The only thing we could do is to WAIT for her to reply us thru forum/ email.

Can you imagine, some of us are working mums and if she is responsible enough, she dun need us to keep checking the forum/ email jus to make sure she reply to us and not run away with our hard earn money!!!

Hi zenia,

I understand there is alot of frustration. It goes the same for the organiser. Agitating you on purpose doesn't do her any good. Consolidate the information and keep calm will get the matter settle sooner. As said, you can always take appropriate actions if these fail.

The threads have been moved to a folder in the same section, "Closed BPs - For Coordination Only".

Best regards
Bee Lee

hi CL/BL...
mayb it's time for u to take action.
I thot that BPs sections is for mummies to buy stuffs at a 'bargain price'?

but seems that more seller is taking a ride on BPs, pay a small fees, to earn big money.

1 example :
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1573274.html?1216867662

the price she quoted, is 50% up the selling price.
and there is no international shipping occurs.

if continues to let this kind of threads 'surviving', more and more other 'business' (as mentioned by this organizer's supporter) owner will take this chance to do 'biz' in SMH BPs section.

Hi CL/BL

i agree with mrspoh. this bp organiser is not the first time she is doing this. the previous bps she held were items from www.babymallonline.com. upon being bomb-barded by fellow mummies here that she marked up the prices, she switched her 'profit' to www.jshoppers.com items.

i think the mod seriously need to review her bps.

would appreciate if you could look into this matter.

thanks
crystal

Hi CL/BL,

I will gladly let you remove the BPs I started if I have broken any rules or laws pertaining to your forum.

To clarify, I do not mark up 50% above selling price as what MrsPoh had said. Also the free shipping promotion in jshoppers is only valid for a limited period of time.

You might want to compare my current BP with the following two closed BPs for which I adopted the similar pricing:

1) http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1550925.html?1215761464

2) http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1537896.html?1215185579

You should know that most products sold in BP threads can usually be obtained at a lower price from somewhere else in the whole wide universe. And if someone offers the product at a higher than another, is that considered a con job or a cheater? If yes, then maybe the prices of products offered at BPs should always be standardised to the lowest and monitored closely. If possible, get BP organisers to display their spirit of charity here.

By the way, is sales of ready stock allowed in BP threads? I see many BPs selling ready stock items. Can you also ban other BP organisers as long they make profit?

My suggestion to improving the forum is to provide clear and written rules (not guidelines) on what is and not allowed in BP threads. This will help minimise unpleasant incidents from happening in the future.

Hi CL/BL

I've noticed a lot of bp thread disruptions lately, caused (mostly) by well-meaning whistle blowers wanting to point out authenticity or pricing issues.

I feel it's bad net etiquette, especially because things can get pretty heated after; an email to the moderators should suffice. What's your stand on this, and do you remove offending posts if the bp organiser should request?

personally,i feel to have a better control on top of paying a fee,is for Mods to get copy of IC from organizers to keep.

this will help to safeguard members' interests,cos when there is a need to a police report can be made swiftly with all details.

no doubt,IC is sensitive but i guess this is the best measure to be taken.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi,

I thought sales of ready stock is all along allowed in BP as long the BP organiser also have Business thread.Cos from what I know those who have Business thread is allowed to post free on BP thread.Please correct me if my knowledge is wrong.Cos that is what I know from one BP organiser.And frankly it would be a disappointment if ready stock is not allowed in BP cos I don't really like the wait.Heehee...</font>
smile.gif

blc,
i think Bee Lee ever mentioned before (in another thread) that the current process now does have the organiser need to submit/fax a copy of his/her IC.

CL/BL

Really puzzled over the following:

1) How can all the SK threads be put under the closed BPs? There are so many outstanding claims! Instead of protecting the many victim buyers you are helping the problematic seller here? You should in fact make sure that all the readers/users of this forum are warned against this kind of seller!!!

2) You suggest for us to consolidate the information and post in the thread for SK??!! I never know that buyers have to spend time doing that to get refund!! Isn't this the responsibility of the BP organiser? If SK managed to get payment from everyone I am sure she is capable of consolidating such information for refund right?

3) State clearly that we want refund - We did! And look at the replies (bold and in caps) posted !

4) This is the first time I am reading this thread and I must say that personally i think your stand against dishonest and irresponsible seller this time is somewhat different from those in the past!

Hi there,
Is anybody notice the bp thread for "Handmade little booties from USA by Nickmummy" disappeared?
What happened?

Hi jessie and samantha

Thanks for clarifying.

I understand the rational and it's good to keep the section neat, but for SK's thread there are so many unsettled issues. Once transferred to the closed thread, users of the BP section, especially the new users will not even have a chance to know what is going on. Even for the buyers of the thread might not be able to track unless you have posted before on the particular thread.

May be there should be a seperate thread for those BPs with disputes.

<font color="808080">Hi momomom,

Perhaps you can add the particular thread under (Favorites) of your internet explorer and rename it for your reference.Cos thats what I normally do.I also find it kinda troublesome to search for the thread I want and really irritate my eyes.Perhaps you can try this method which I find it quite useful.</font>

Step 1: At the page of the thread that you wish to save.

Step 2: Click (Favorites)

Step 3: Click (Add to Favorites)

Step 4: At the (Name), can rename the link for your own reference. Example: SK's thread

Step 5: Click (Add) to save

Step 6: Click (Favorites) again

Step 7: SK's thread should be on the list.

Step 8: Click (SK's thread) than you should be able to see the thread.

Step 9: If want to delete SK's thread. Just right-click (SK's thread) and click (Delete)

<font color="808080">Thats what I normally do when I go online and want to check got any latest update on that particular BP so I just repeat step 6-8.Hope it helps.</font>
smile.gif

Hi mrspoh and crystal,

This is a free market where supplies meet demand. If there is no purchase, the BP will be cancelled.

We are unable to control the prices as organisers could get stock from various suppliers.

Regards
Bee Lee

Hi yell0wp0wder,

We do appreciate the effort of these well-meaning members. When it involves fakes and potential fraud, an email to me will be good else I might miss if is posted in the individual thread.

Best regards
Bee Lee

Hi momomom,

(1) Closed BP means the BP is no longer taking in orders. The folder's name is "Closed BP - For Coordination Only". These threads are left in the forum for payment, delivery and refund arrangement. SwankyKids' BPs are in this folder as well because they are pending for refund.

(2) You don't have to consolidate the information for SwankyKids. It is merely my suggestion so as to facilitate the refund, hoping that the organiser can make the refund faster and is easier for everyone to know whose refund is still pending.

(3) I was answering to dearkids where she said "...mummies say "donate to her" to CHEAT other mummies again.. ". My point is, state clearly what you want. If you want refund, state just that. If you tell a waitress "keep the change" even though you don't mean it really, the waitress can always keep the change because you said so.

(4) I'm not sure what are you referring to. My stand to this has always been trying to help participants to get back their money within my means. Abusive exchanges will only agitate both parties and delay the refund process.

Best regards
Bee Lee

Hi Bee Lee,

Still waiting for you reply on my closed BP: The Dream Bags - Quality Baby Sleeping Bags from the UK!

I think that it is extremely unfair that you close down my bp without waiting for an explanation from me. Now that I have emailed you back with an explanation yesterday, I am still waiting for a reply from you. I have emailed you this morning again asking for a reply.

I am selling authentic Dream Bags and have bought it before distributorship was obtained. All I want to do is to give a good deal and clear my stock but you have decided to just shut down my thread without wanting to listen to any explanation on my side.

Please reply to me asap.

Thank you,
Petrina

Back