Blacklisting of bad BP/Sprees Organisers

qsg

Hi moderators,

Would like to check if currently there is a already a system in place to blacklist the bad BP/Spree organisers? There is a recent BP going on which i believe you may be aware which has caused alot of frustration to many as the BP organiser is not responsible and do not do a proper job in follow ups, replacing defective items or sending out the orders.

If a system is not already in place, would be good if we can have one so that we can try to keep these bad BP/spree Organisers out of this place.

Hi qsg,

As BP section is restricted, it will be easier to keep poor BP organisers out. However, this depends alot on the feedback from the participants as we are unable to monitor each and every thread.

Unfortunately, we can only prevent it from happening again but would not be able to stop it in the first place.

Best regards
Bee Lee

Hi Bee Lee,

Since QSG had attached the list to you, I believe moderators will be much more easier to backlist this organiser! (Pls take some time to read the thread and you will understand why you need to backlist this organsier.)

As for what llkkelly user had mentioned, They always can register new nick to organiser new bp again even blacklist them.

Then this will be moderators job, as above mentioned, <font size="+1">As BP section is restricted ........</font>, since its restricted, I hope, moderators should require to get some info like, example, using NRIC no. or any required documents to register as a BP organiser. So if any of the organiser/s had been backlisted before, your system will be able to give you a warning sign.

So we, participants will feel more safer to buy from Motherhood Portal!

Doreamon,
Agreed u, maybe ask the organiser to produce NRIC no each time wanna to do any bp, this is to protect everybody.

Although i seldom join spree/bp, but read those some bad experiece from affected mummies, already freak me off totally..

My 2 cents worth
Maybe each BP organiser to sumbit their conditions to Moderator before the BP can be approved. Nowadays BPs are getting ridiculously out of hand, it no longer about savings, I've seen BPs where the pricing is even more expensive than shoopping centres and alot of irresponsible BP organisers have surfaced.

In the other thread, Bee Leng have mentioned that handling fees are not acceptable, just take alook at the no of BPs that charge handling fees, not to mention fixed exchange rates!

Its impossible for Moderators to monitor each n every BP that is going on, so taking alook at their terms n conditions before approval actually can weed off alot of undesirable BPs.

gingerbread
u're referring to overseas sprees, on which charging 'handling fee' is not allowed. But for Bulk Purchase, it's allowed.

<font color="aa00aa">loving:
i think NRIC is not enough. they must also produce proof that the bank acct that forumers are transferring their hard-earned monies into also belongs to them or the companies they are representing.

should anything (bad) happens, these people cant just vanish into thin air. and if there is ever a need to make police reports, at least we have more than just a nick name or email address (which btw, can go invalid)

the idea is also to make it more "troublesome" to organise BP. Only genuine people who are really helping us get good deals will take the "trouble" to do it.

just my 2 cents worth!</font>

hi chin leng/bee lee
I am sure many have queries regarding the appointment of BP organisers. Wld appreciate yr response.
1) what do u mean when u said BP is restriced and so easier to keep poor BP organisers out? How wld bad BP organiser be kept out.
2) How can i qualify as BP organiser? What criteria or min conditions are required to allow BP in SMF?
3) Am i right to say that since a listing fee is paid by BP organiser, moderator wld have verify the identity of the organiser?
4) what is the role of moderator in the event of bad BP who do not deliver after payment made? How can moderator or SMF help its members who are victims of a bad BP?
Hope you can provide some insights and confidence to the members of SM portal.

ginger,
I do agreed with your
"BPs pricing is even more expensive than shopping centres",
I PMed a few mummies why r they purchasing from a more expensive source,
they replied that they didn't checked,
thought BP should be of low prices already...

So sad,
BP used to be abt helping us mummies sve a few cents here and there. Now it has become an opportunity for unscrupulous ppl to make a quick profit instead...
angry.gif

Yes agrees with the mommies here..

There was a BP of baseball caps selling @ $7.90 each while pasar malam and some stalls are selling at $5~$6.. The quality and tag are exactly the same!

When I posted at the BP thread on the differences, the post disappeared the very next day.. When I did on the 2nd BP, the whole thread disappeared the next day too!

Haiz!!!

Hi mommies,

Remember there was a thread on 'I AM NOT A PLASTIC BAG'?
Organiser close the spree due to some reasons, have any mommies here got back their $?
I sent email to her last fri and yesterday but there wasnt any response from her, i wonder if i can get back my $49.

recently joined a BPs, the organiser not only send me wrong item, another item is spoilt! with the battery spring connector dropped out when i open the compartment! when i email that organsier regarding the exchange of the wrong and defective item, he/she did not reply! hope SMH will banned all these black heart organiser totally!

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">to that black heart organsier : i always believe in this .... u will get your deserved retribution for whatever evil u've done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font></font>

I think it all depends on the participants to feedback on the organizers.

We should have a thread that list all the bad organizers so that people can avoid them.

But it seems that most mommies choose to suffer in silence instead of revealing the nickname of the organizer, may be afraid of getting into trouble ?

Karen,
If you list the nick, the administrators can block the IP address. They can change the nick, but cannot change their IP address.

hi Vonn, i have also gotten back my $238 from furryfurry on e day she promised refunds will be made by. maybe u can try to email her again? cos like wat she mentioned many times, she could be busy at work. =D

Hi tamarind and hippo,
Oh mine.....my $49, i email her 2x but no response.Anyone has her contact?

Vonn,

Hi. I was informed by another mom that you were looking high and low for me. Apologies as I have been busy with work and as mentioned before, depend on another SMO mom to assist with refunds.

You may like to know that you are still on the current wait list as our records show that you've asked for your 1 piece.

Here is the record of the email:
24 Jul 1:00 hours - I sent out email allowing option for refunds or to remain on the spree
24 Jul 13:55 hours - You sent your bank details over
24 July 22:19 PM - I emailed you back confirming got your bank details and telling you that my friend will assist with the transfer and contact you when it is done. I had also informed you earlier in the first email that it would take us a few days to get done due to the number of transfers permitted each day.
1 Aug 10:00 Hours - You emailed asking update about transfer. I had checked with the SMO mom and she said that she would address your case.
2 Aug 19:12 Hours - You mention that you will like to have a bag. "Do you have any bag to spare me? I really like the bag a lot." So we kept you on.

Please understand if I am confused now as I have record of you wanting the bag and yet now pursuing for a refund.

I apologise if for the last few days I have not been responding to your emails as fast as you would like or expect. I did mention before that as I am not a retailer or in this business as a career, I am not able to devote as much time being as responsive as a full time retailer or full time spree mom could be. Also, I did make clear that the ATM transfers are not within my direct control as I am not based in SG at the moment and have no access to it, which is why I relied on another friendly SMO mother.

I hope this will alleviate your stress and I will be sending another email arranging for the distribution of your bag either end today or tomorrow.

Hi furryfurry,
Thanks for yr reply, i had receive yr sms too.
I was worried cos no reply from you.Anyway all cleared, thanks....

Hi CL/BL,

I want to complain about this organiser. I hope you can help to resolve the issues or at least release his details to me via pm cos I am contemplating to take legal action. Please also block him from this forum so as not to let other mummies "kana" in the future.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/816338.html?1182174859

Before BP close, the organiser was telling me his customised porducts are better (via email) than those commercial ones. After BP closed, the organiser then start saying how can they guarantee the quality of the products and also it is not their job to assure quality and not easy for his printer cos resouces not easy to find etc etc. The organiser started pushing the blame to us mummies stating that we never help to get resources. What kind of rubbish is that? In the first place, we mummies were not even aware, that the pics were not ready for printing and only after the BP has closed then he tell us the printer is searching for the pics! He also claimed that he ever requested we mummies to chip in pics in order to get good quality pics. Please read thru his thread and you will see that except for the occupation category (cos of request for local text issue), he did not request us mummies to contribute any pics. Even after the delay of collection where we mummies already never make noise, the last straw was receiving the sub-standard cards. The quality are really not worth the $$ that I paid.

This is the first BP which I have joined whom the organiser would sms you several reminders to make payment for your cards. Sometimes I wish he didn't bother to do so then I may have overlooked the deadline and not join his BP at all and hence this trouble!

I agreed the BP thread is getting abit out of hand with some organisers giving us mummies such substandard quality or more expensive items. So I hope in future you guys will be more strict before letting any organiser arrange a BP in your forum. Many thanks.

Hi CL/BL,

I'm also one of the victims. Now I will think twice before joining any BP cause am already lost confident in the BP.

CL/BL, don't you think you need to take some actions in this case. We must not let this organiser get away with it, or else in the future, other organisers will do likewise cause they think it is very easily get away with their substandard goods, by pushing away all the responsibilities or alternatively, just keep silent.

And next time, nobody will dare to join the BP in this forum. It will affect the viability of this forum too, don't you agreed?

Lastly, can you also release his details to me?

Kelyen - Can PM me, I like to know what action you're going to take against them. I might join you. : )

Hi Isis, glad to see another mummy standing up against such irresponsible organiser.

Have pm you and hopefully we can work something out and not let such organiser think he can get away with it.

hi kelyen,
i m also utterly disgusted with the quality of the flashcards & the organiser's irresponsible attitude. pls include me in & see how we can resolve this issue. thks
happy.gif

hi kelyen,
i m also utterly disgusted with the quality of the flashcards & the organiser's irresponsible attitude. pls include me in & see how we can resolve this issue. thks
happy.gif

Hi bbgal, I am trying to see if I can use legal issue to resolve this issue. I will pm you my contacts and details tomorrow, k?
happy.gif

HI bee lee,
i would like to get from you the particulars of this bp organizer.she is angie neo who organzies the gap spree #3 on 29 jun.As it was organizesd under overseas website i couldn;t post,,i trf the funds and she posted for me but till now no reply from her ..and via email the last email was v v long ago saying she had dispute with gap..and no refund was given back to me..I emailed her 3x over 2months..can i have her contact coz i want to lodge a police report..thanks

Hi CL/BL,

Can you pls release the organiser's details to me soonest cos I have gotten some replies and I need the particulars to proceed further. Thanks.

With regards to kelyen n bbgals' posts, I would like to say I am oso disgusted by the way the BP organiser conducts his BP.

1 Yes, there were several sms-es to chase us for payments even though the BP was not closed yet then.

2. There were repeated delays for the promised delivery date.

3. Mummies who have received their cards stated the poor quality of the cards received. (I have not seen mine yet, so I don't know)

4. Now that I have ask for the refunds on the cards coz of unable to meet promised delievery date, I got an immediate sms saying that the cards will be delivered within 8 days? <- Please tell me what the BP organiser is trying to do here? I had waited for months n now suddenly he can deliver so fast?

Hi kelyen,

With the account number and proof of your transaction, you can lodge a police report. You may pass my contact to the police if needs be and we will work with them accordingly.

As the organiser is still responding in the thread, I urge the participants to calm down and work out a mutually-acceptable solution to your dissatisfaction. In my own opinion, this will be a faster and more effective way to resolve the matter.

Best regards
Bee Lee

Hi Fisherprice,

Have replied you via email, let me know if you didn't receive it.

Best regards
Bee Lee

Hi Ivsrv and all,

I'm terribly sorry for my delay in responding. Just as I thought we have built enough safety net, a recent incident proves otherwise.

We may have make it less convenient for fraud to happen by restricting the Marketplace, but like what some pointed out, they can easily create another nick and fabricate particulars to sign in. And even if we can prove the information provided is true and in existence, we won't know if those information belong to the organiser. And even if we can prove these belong to him/her, we can't foresee their hidden agenda.

We welcome and appreciate suggestions in making this forum a safer place for mummies to shop. But meanwhile, please exercise great care to protect yourself.

Whether you are participating in BP/spree or even in the WTS/WTB/Free items sections, please choose carefully whoever you trade with, and very importantly please
* take note of the username
* take note of the contact information
* keep a copy of your transaction slip/statement
* save a copy of the thread

I tend to believe all in this community are nice people, if possible please resolve your differences calmly.

However, I do understand that this is a public forum where black sheep may sneak in. When such fraud happens, I urge all affected participants to join force and report to the police. We should not tolerate intended fraud and let them keep coming back. I'm sorry that we do not release information to the public but will definitely work with the police when required.

Thank you.

Best regards
Bee Lee

Bee Lee,

Just like the yahoo/ebay auctions where the sellers are rated. Perhaps the BP organisers here shd be as well? As a start, they have to state the number of BPs they've organised before in a particulars column where interested participants can click on to take a look.

Hi BL, thanks for your advice.

On quality issue, I have emailed to CASE and was advised that they need the company's registration number before they can proceed to take action. Have received a pm from a helpful mummy that any company doing business in SG have to be registered. So would appreciate if you can pm me Help You TTC's registration number. Or unless you wana keep it confidential and liaise with CASE on our behalf?

I just want to highlight that if we mummies let these organisers who overpromised and underdelivered their products to get away from providing substandard goods, in future there'll be more such organisers coming into the forum to "earn" we mummies' hard earned money. So since we can't ensure 100% zero fraud in the forum, we should also try to minimise it. I consider overpromising and yet underdelivered is an intention to fraud. So I think we should let this issue (if no choice have to opt for legal means) be a lesson to them.

Dear BL,

Would you be able to deactivate the thread below (as well as all sale threads started by HelpyouTTC until the problems of the BP for flashcards organized by him have been resolved?

The total amount of the BP organized comes up to about $11000 here and the goods delivered so far are substandard. With so much money involved here, the mommies of the BP have the intention of reporting to the police and therefore would appreciate if the seller is discontinued from doing his business here until the problems have been resolved. We do not wish to see more mommies fall prey to such sellers with poor business ethics. Such irresponsible sellers should not be allowed in this forum to create distress to the mommies here.

Thank you for your consideration.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/917149.html?1188063312

Hi,

I would like to report another case as well... this belinda oso, when we wanted to report to the police, she appeared saying she'll do the refund but some of them received the refund but not all, then she disappear again...

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/825136.html?1181146851

I would suggested, mayb we list down the BAD or CHEAT BP/Spree organisers with the account number so when ppl join BP, take note of these organiser:
1. Belinda or Kay (POSB Savings 030-76548-6) HP: 94268497 or 81320178
2. Sam Tan (POSB Savings 209-15025-5)
3. Help u TTC (DBS Savings Plus 023-3-038354)

bunny, my thot is if moderator deactivate the thread then it would be more defficult for mummies to keep track of whatever he has written... so it's best to keep the thread n show as prove...

eeyore,

I was referring to other sale threads, not the one with our current problematic BP. This organizer just continues to run another business here, while his integrity is still in question.

bunny, sorry nvr realised he starts other thread business as well...

yah, i agree, shld stop his other business thread, solve his current problem first...

Hi Babygirl,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to do that now as this is basically a forum not an auction software. We are however looking for similar or alternative ways to serve the same purpose.

Best regards
Bee Lee

Hi kelyen,

As we do allow mummies to organise BP and conduct small business, we do not hold information on company registration number.

Best regards
Bee Lee

Back