BEDOK mommies club

Oh, BTW, our JB lok lok trip.. My sir say can do it this coming friday! MIL Is in town so she will look after the 2 rascals.. So we can fit 7 pple into the car.. :p Let me know who's keen k.. Friday / bout 10.30pm we leave..
happy.gif

jun
i see... so got to just wait for this phase to be over by itself. my naughty girl will still be distracted even if i'm wif her alone in the room. will drink halfway, then turn n look up at me. after a short while, say abt 5mins, stop drinking liao.

SNG,
You ok? Grace went back to childcare not Shichida so you can pick her up anytime.

This month, I can't go anywhere. My maid went home last night. At night, my ds cried and say he miss her. Then this morning, he said he want to call her. Hopefully the phase will blow over in a few days' time. Meanwhile, must pray hard my new maid will kwai kwai and don't work half way say want to go home.

Jun, shichida is till 11.30am nia so she will be home in the afternoons. Maybe was sir's fault.. i told u all right, sir told me to go and look for a job. 2 hours a day or 3-4 times a week also better than i stay at home cos too free nothing to do keep thinking of going on a holiday..

ur hb at home with the kids mah..:p We go after ut boy zzzz? :p

Whahaha I am back in office Jun!
Are you still ok to lunch today? But I have to rush off at 145pm. Or shall we do Friday? I feel so bad....seems like I am always the one blowing people off.

SNG
*hugs* it's alright dear...you are just not used to it. It's just for a couple of hours and look on the bright side, at least you will have some time to yourself...which I think is v. precious since you have so many kids.Cheer up.

Jun
My maid's v happy these few days ever since I told her that she can leave on Nov 15. Sometimes I wonder..will she miss my kids? I hope Josh will not tell me that he misses her.

SNG
I am going off to KL with the kids and the maid(new one) in Dec...but somehow itching to go for another short break....looking at cruises or nearby Batam/bintan etc.

Cheerios,
Erica said Emma is Baby n said u pretty. Hehe... She picked up e word "Mei Mei" cos I always want her to wear hair accessories but she dun want, so I tell her she mei mei and go take a look at the mirror. Yup, we should find one day and let the kiddos meet, Erica is very attracted to kids, mayb cos she's lonely at home.

Lwg,
I'll try reinforcing it on her, but the pro is she doesn't do it all e time, only suddenly she'll have the urge and pull up/down my top. She's been behaving this way since 1 yr old when I wean her off.

I on for the 16th but I'm nt sure if Kris and SNG will be in town?

SNG,
Why u suddenly feeling so blue? Are u having PMS or anything? Is it the weather? Cos I feel gloomy these 2 days oso, but I reckoned it's e weather plus Erica being sick and I'm stuck at home with her.

Cherrios / Tinkerbelle, i think it was because hb told me to look for a job and somehow, i dont feel like going back to work YET.. wahahaha.. Actually hor, i have plenty of time to myself, the kids are usually in childcare the whole day and my hb forbids me to pick them before 6pm, so am usually all alone till 4+ and my hb will be home. today isn't in any mood for anything, didn't feel like doing any housework, so perhaps wanted to keep grace in so she can play with me or keep me company.. :p

Sighz.
Lunch is Subway in office today. *sob*

Tinkerbelle
I love ur Erica! Hahaha gona give her an extra hug and kiss when I see her!

SNG
Why do u have to go back to work????

Cherrios, cos hb says i too free, no need to apply for leave, no work responsibility, so as and when i feel like it, i just book my own hotel and tix and lug my 2 small rascals for a short trip. So he thinks if i have a job, i cannot su-ka su-ka run away for holiday.

SNG,
*Hugs* I kinda know how u r feeling. Cos at times when I think of myself left with that last few mths with Erica at home, I feel very sad also. Earlier this wk I was so sian when I think of my life, now I think my SAHM life is almost gone in a few mths, I feel gloomy also.

Haha, the way u tok abt urself running away for holiday reminds me of my hb complaining to the counsellor tt I too free at home so always go shopping and hi-tea with friends. Then I rebuck n said I don't do it every wk for hi-tea. Stay at home I feel very socially deprived, so now we came to a compromise tt I can go out, but mayb 2-3 days a wk e most, n tt includes playtime for Erica outdoors. Mayb u come to a compromise with your sir and agree that mayb every 3 mths u go for a short holiday, den he wun force u to go back to work?

Cheerios,
Haha, On! I think Erica will love u also. Cos she sees your pic she said you pretty and Erica is a vain pot juz like her Mummy.

SNG,
U wanna bring Grace over to my house today? I'm making pizza on toast for Erica for lunch today. Can bring Grace over for a little treat and u can have her for company also.
happy.gif

SNG
Whahaha i envy ur life. How nice it would be if we could always go on short trips now and then!!!I am always surfing travel websites to see what deals/promos are out there but can't find the time to go...also v. leichey to bring two kids for a short trip.

sng mummy
if u dun feel like workin yet, thn dun go back to work yet loh..
happy.gif
dun b so blue... no more monday blue.. its wednesday le... mayb too used to Grace's company rite... always nice to haf ur precious around.. neber get bored rite... but since u haf all ur time alone... mayb can find something u would like doing long time back.. but haben got the chance to do? hee... stay happy huh.. n din noe polliwogs will haf leakage during rainy days... which part of it will leak? not the play area bah?

taurua
i working at century sq... so ur lunch break got to walk all the way here or TM or Tamp one rite? n the afternn nowadays are really too hot loh...can bring umbrella n wear ur sunglass
happy.gif

jayce
poor thing... 4 wisdom teeth extraction in a row! can imagine how much pain loh! hope u feelin better now
happy.gif
enjoy ur Medical leave huh...

jun
wow... u can realli BF for so long! the bonding wif the kids will be real great yah? my BF experience last time also quite failure.. only can manage to do it for only 2-3mths... got to get more tips from u so i can be more successful abit next yr whn the little one pop up.. keke...
sad to hear tat ur dear son missing ur maid tat much..mayb too attached to her.. after all, shes has been seeing him everyday for so many years... give ur boy few days... guess he will get over the missing part real soon!! meanwhile, hope ur mum wont haf any mood swing...
happy.gif

cherrios, i dont mind bringing my 2 small rascals around, cos they will just follow me what i want to do.. No plans needed. I dont enjoy traveling with my hb cos he likes to ask after lunch do what? Tomorrow what time wake up, what time go where, where to go etc etc when we haven't even slept today yet..

belle, thanks for the invite.. now all 3 at home, so a bit no mood to get out.. i want go nap a while.. :p

Tinkerbelle
when are u gg back to work? How long have u not been working?
I know what u mean..when I was on maternity leave earlier this year, I kept going out for shopping trips and spent a huge bomb...which is v. bad actually...and then I would go for spas alot. which is really bad for my finances haha.

Tell Erica that aunty here is also a vainpot like her..that's why i shop so much...haha

SNG,
Next time you feel lonely, come down lunch with me and Cheerios ; )

The JB supper thingy, do you think I can be home by 2pm? My bb wakes up at 2am. I told you ah cek is the micro manage type. So don't envy me. He treats me like a kid also. S'times I feel like a bird in a jail... there's a chinese song call "jail bird".

Jun, 2am u mean? er.. i not sure leh.. sometimes we little earlier, sometimes we a bit later.. maybe u bring bb along? Or leave the breast at home?

cheerios, not ask me what i want.. it's he got no plans so what to know if i had planned for the next day. And he always makes me wake up at 7am on a holiday which i hate! argh..

Jun, i mean leave the breast milk at home.. hehe

sng mummy

ohh.. i m fine..jus abit of aching here n ther loh.. haha... its a boy
happy.gif
so all 3 home today...u should be happy yah? enjoy ur day!

SNG,
Is your sir those very organised kinda person? Cos my character is abit like your sir, if I go holiday, I wanna know wat's next etc, thats why sometimes I have character crash with my hb cos he finds tt I'm nt flexible n too systematic liao.

Wah, how come 1 shot 3 all home?

Cheerios,
I haven been working for ard 21 mths already. Resigned on my 6th mth of pregnancy.

Haha, I think hbs cannot stand e idea of their wives enjoying life while they are working. Cos I know of alot high-flyer guys who thinks tt if they have a wife who is nt working n only enjoying life, they see the wife as useless woman who have no contributions to the family. So if nt working, I think woman have to make up for it by being a more delicated wife n mother at home. Else if the hb see the wife as someone who juz live-off him and only thing they provide is Sex, they either don't married , just date n sleep ard, or if married, they tend to have other woman outside. But I still believe tt there is a minority of men who juz wanna protect n provide for e wife without expecting anything in return, n these woman are the real lucky ones.

I'm non the better cos I also shop alot. Even stuck home I can oso shop online. My hb aka cfo ever told me he wanna blk ebay, gmarket n singaporemotherhood at the router liao so I cannot shop. Muahaha...

Lwg, SNG,
I confirm with my mum tonite if she can babysit miss noisy or nt. If ok, den I'll join u.

Carrie,
Add me to your fb also. But u cannot accept PM.

SNG,
I wanna ask u something. If Erica running nose n I give Oral medication already, can I still put nose-drop for her?

Hi carrie!
Dun believe I have seen you around lately. Did you just give birth?

SNG/TInkerbelle
My hubby is also abit like that..he will always ask what are we doing next. Sometimes I like it coz i get to decide. But when I can't decide, I get very frustrated and wished that he would make the decision for me sometimes.

Tinkerbelle
Wow, 21 months is a long time. That time I was on maternity for about 20 weeks ( coz I stopped work a month before I gave birth) I felt it was a v. long time already. Are you planning to go back to work soon? If not, why are you feeling gloomy??

Jun
Got your sms! reply to you in a bit

Cheerios,
I hate it more when my hb ask me to decide, then tell me he don't like e plan. That gets me even more frustrated.

My initial plan was to go back to Work in Dec or Jan-Feb, but now hb very bz to visit childcare centers with me(He's e one sending n picking Erica so need his approval), so the plan is shelf till next yr. But I'm looking at starting Erica next March after CNY. That means I'll only go back to work next May-June cos I intend to start her on half day for 2-3 mths to build up her immune system.

I also stopped work at my 6th mth cos ordered for bed rest. So nowadays I feel mouldy in my head esp when I have to help my hb to write appeals or formal letters.

Hi Cherrios
u mean u have seen me ard before ah? Wher?
happy.gif
FB?
I m expecting nw... In my 27th weeks..EDD only end of Jan 2010..
happy.gif

hi Taurus
already send a request for u to add me@ FB... so pls approve huh! Keke

Tinkerbelle
THat's gd!!! Aiyah, s there's at least more than half a year to go before you go back to work. But actually, even if Erica goes to childcare, you can still be a SAHM, if you guys can afford it.

carrie
No lah. I saw someone asking about your bbies in the earlier posts....so I thought if you gave birth. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Btw, my FB is [email protected] Add me!

SIghz, so full now....went down to DomeCafe to skive for a while with boss. now no mood to work already.

Cheerios,
I nv ask if hb can afford it or nt, but I dun want to cope at home nt working cos I will feel useless this way. Somemore if cope at home alone, I scare I'll develop mental problems.

Hi Carrie,

roger roger!! cant access into FB using my comp internet cos been block so sad.. only go bk can use bt aft coach my son work i oreadi tired liao no mood to serve net. today i try.

Cherrios,

So nice can skive.. i use to do it @ rafles pl bt nw tamp no where to skive. lol

Tinkerbelle
I know what u mean. I know someone who's abit mental (well, she was abit mental to start with) and now both her daughters are studying abroad and her husband is divorcing her, she is literally almost insane. Which I think is really quite sad. but then coz she takes her insanity out on me, I can't really sympathize with her. Sighz.

I would love to do something easier....i dunno, open a cake shop or something similar (tho' I dunno how to bake), just do something that brings in some income. But I keep thinking I would be compromising on my children's welfare. Anyway, right now, one income is not possible for us. So I have to continue to work. SO I might as well stop fantasizing about the alternative, when there is actually none.

cherrios, er.. y do u keep saying cannot leh? hehe.. For me, i gave up my maid when we i stopped working, so i am the maria now..

Tinkerbelle, i dunno leh.. i think u best check with the doc.. I am coming down with flu and sore throat liao..
sad.gif
might go to the doc tonight intime to recover for my lok lok on friday.. :p

My sir not very organized, but cos he dont plan holidays so he has to ask. Then he cannot go on holidays that do nothing, cannot sit by the beach and read book kind, he likes those with full day tour, see and see, very busy like going for a battle that kind so he has to ask incase my plans is to rot around, then he can start plotting how to "run away" for that day.

Cheerios, my hb even in SG also like that leh.. he dont plan where to go on weekends with the kids. U leave him alone, he will rot at home. But he cannot tahan those 3 days in a row holidays.. If my mood goes haywire and i decide to also stay at home for 1st day, then 2nd day he will ask where are we going today, what are we eating etc etc.. I miss those days when we have meals with my dad, my dad decides what to order and we just eat... A lot easier than my sir having to ask me what i feel like eating, then drive there, cannot find a lot, then he face black black, if reach the stall and stall is close, somemore kanna jumped at! Sometimes i wish he just decides!

tinkerbelle, i very "hardworking" today leh.. i cooked soup, steam egg, fry fish and sweet sour pork for the army!!.. Can u smell my food from ur place?
biggrin.gif

SNG
whahaha...the way you talk about ur hubby is damn cute lah.but i suppose that's love...us putting up with the ecentrics!
I think one income family will not work for us because:-
1. I think my hubby does not earn enough to support everyone
2. I think I will go mad if I am a SAHM because that's just not me (although I hope i will be) but my mum and my hubby do not think I can be one, and I can't help but agree.
3. If I indeed become a SAHM at this juncture, I will have to sacrifices alot of things and I know I will not be happy about that. Similarly, my kids will also have to forgo certain things..ie. premium schools, enrichment classes, new toys, new clothes etc.

So that's why lor.
But I don't believe in never. So I never know,...someday in the future, maybe when the kids are older, I may consider taking a break from my work and stay at home. But not now lor. Time is not right.

Tarus,
Tampines oso have place to skive. There is tampines 1 and they have bakerzin, nice coffee n cake. :p

Cheerios,
Wah, sounds bad for the lady. Sometimes I think these ppl need to go for counselling. Actually alot of ppl rejected counselling cos they see it as a judgement tt they have something wrong, same goes for me last time, but I realized that actually counselling really helps.

Actually my dream is to work part time or do volunteering work at a Girl's home or children's home. Or maybe open/invest a flora shop. But hard for me also cos my hb n I have to allocate funds for PILs lifestyle n in case of medical issues. So all these can only dream but cannot carry it out into actions, but I must admit these occasional dreaming really makes us happier also rite?

Share with u something, u believe in zodic signs n horoscope? My hb evalute me and told me tt becos I am a "rooster" and a "leo", that's why I am very very vain compared to other gals. I told him I am a "rooster" no wonder I have a "labour" life, how nice if I am a "pig"...

Cherrios, haha..
1. i always say it's it not that they are not earning enuff, but how much is enough to actually make everyone happy?
2. My parents also think i am insane when i told them of my decision, cos i never been maidless since i was small.. I NEVER did housework or even cooked instant noodles my entire life till now, i cook for my family and, i find joy in it when my sir or my rascals licked their plates clean... haha,
3. Kids do not need premium schools, enrichment classes, new toys or new clothes to grow.. U can homeschool them for a start.. OK, talking bout that, i better not go on, wait pple shoot me for sending my girl to shichida. haha..

OH, bTW, i am not fully on not working status YET.. i just remembered i am on "sabbatical leave".. If i decide to quit, my boss say i still need to pay him 3 months salary or go back and be slave for 3mths..:p

SNG Mummy, so delicious wor.. so envy..

Belle, so far from my work pl. nw my new pl for skving is @ d toliet cos can see the outide view. lol

sng mummies wat is "abbatical leave"?? veri wasted leh still hv to paid the comp bk. so wat ur plannin nw??

btw did i miss anyone which i hvent add in the facebook??

SNG,
I always think Education is the best investment in kids life so if my hb is agreeable, I also dun mind sending Erica there. BUT the problem is my hb dun think the way I do. He always believe that with determination and hardwork, they can still survive in the society. And I hate to argue the issue with him cos I'll nv win him.
sad.gif

Think I must learn cultery skills from u liao. Keke... I only started cooking this yr, so still a long long way for me to go before my hb n Erica will lick their bowls clean. But I really think it's experience tt makes a good cook, cos even I follow e recipe book, I can never reach my mummy's standard.

I agree money is never enough. Haha... Esp with a shopaholic like me. I said chop hands n legs liao, but my longest survival period is only 2 wks.

Tarus,
Ur office is nt near the tampines central?

SNG,
I headache leh. Cos Erica's running nose nv stop!!! I think if by end of this wk dun recover, next Mon go PD liao. Sometimes I think it's those "Po Cai Xiao Zai" one, cos sometimes after see doc, haven even take med, Erica recover liao.

I know liao. Your sir cannot tahan u rotting during holidays cos he wants to make his every cents worth!!! Juz like my sir also, I said go those beach resorts, he said it's waste of money, might as well rot at home. -_-

^5, my dinner today I also cook soup, steam egg and sweet sour! Great minds think alike! Except that instead of fish, we had a big plate of Kai Lan with Dang Gui. I planned my menu last nite thats why went Cold storage to get the ingredients. :p

Cheerios,
Pardon me ah! Last time I also worried that my hb income will nt be able to keep us survive cos he still have to support his parents, but we still made it anyway. Being a SAHM is just to tone down abit of our extravagant lifestyle and learn to work within the means.

But we humans are all very "fan jian" lah, when we are working, we yearn to stay home, and when staying home, we yearn to work so we can have a different lifestyle. Yes, I'm toking abt myself here. I also yearn to work sometimes cos I wanna have e funds to travel rather than rotting in Sg. Haha... Thats why SNG and LWG always frequently try to "motivate" me with the travelling plans. :p

SNG
Yar....i agree. money is never enough. That's why I really admire how you are able to sacrifice all that for the kids. Kudos to you really. Your kids will appreciate it when they grow up.

Tinkerbelle
Hhahaha. I am also a shopaholic like you! Can't bear not to shop for max two weeks thereabouts. but i don't really like online shopping. It's fine to look at but I never buy anything.

Hehehe..after hearing you and SNG, maybe I should moot the idea of being a SAHM to my hubby. he will just freak out lor.

Josh is ill again! I cannot believe it!!! He just got well and now he's probably got another viral attack and he keeps coughing and got lotza phlegm. Sighzzzz.....Its heartbreaking seeing how he coughs....and it really zapps all his energy

Tinkerbelle, i never feel that education should be comprimised when it come to kids.. U all know i damn ser de spend on my kids education, but it should be to a level where the expenditure is comfortable. No point looking at schools which u cannot get to in the first place be it distance or affordability.. That's y we always tell u to look for a school for erica soon, yet, be realistic about where u are going to send her to. There are def plenty of good schoools around, but dont depend on the husband to drop / pick her because he's got the vehicle. U will end up fighting everyday and eventually, erica will still have to skip school because both of u are sick of the arrangements and sick of quarreling.

Cooking wise hor, in terms of experience and seniority, u are more "experienced" than i am wor.. I only started taking over cooking when i fired my maid which was in June this year!
biggrin.gif

cherrios, i learnt this from my boss... A person can be fility rich, but the kids cannot be spoilt and taught to spend extravagantly because the parents are rich. The parents can afford every thing the child wants now, but can the child afford the same in future? Everything that goes up, needs to come down one day, can they survive the coming down? My boss is very rich, but he makes his 5 kids work every single cent for their pocket money be it his 2yo or his 15yo. He pays them to clean up their own room, cut grass in his garden, find pictures for the younger siblings flashcards etc.. And, he brings them on voluntary jobs despite his busy schedules. I look at him, i got to bow down to him, his 7yo went to the old folks home and clean up urine for an old lady! He is my role model and i want to learn from him the way he bring up the children.. But the urine part.. hmm..haha... i think i will be the 1st to run!

Taurus, sabbatical leave is like medical leave but unpaid. My boss encourages us to go on sabbatical for 3 mths every 2 years because we work super long hours and we barely have time to go on long breaks or finish using our leaves. Since it's an encourage break period for the 3 mths, company will put us on half pay rather than completely payless. The 3 mths arh.. either i go back and work for him full time when i feel like it or can talk to him to "waive" that part and i do freelance for then when they need it loh.. Gives me some spare income too..
happy.gif

Cherrios, tell him u are just starting to save money so u can be a SAHM.. wahahahaha...

BTW, u want to bring Josh and see my GP? So far, he gives med for Grace and Nick, they usually recover in 2-3 days.. Works like miracle.. But his charges are just as ex as PD. Grace's last visit was $75 ad only 2 med. Mine yesterday was $48 but today can run and can fly liao..
happy.gif
Let me know if u want the address..

cheerio
i agreed that it hard to rely on 1 income.
I am alway 'angry" at work but dun have the courage to call quit. It better to have own salary then rely on man

is good tat yur boss cna have coffee and talk abt sale rather than alway abt work. So i asumme yur work envir is still ok?

sng
u had good boss leh allow u to have such leave.
mine want to talk leave oso have to find good chance when boos gd mood then tell her.

SNG
Ur boss is right! I am gona aim to bring up my kids like how he does.

I think I am going to get a headache when it comes to Josh's enrolment in primary school. But I probably will not plan so far yet (but I am definitely looking to buy a new place for us to stay next year, if not at least by 2011, before Josh goes to primary one. But so far, can't find anything we really like in the East.

Thanks for your offer! Josh's cough has been quite chronic. I have given up on GPs already and was about to fix him with the lung specialist at NUH but unfortunately he's outa the country. So we are bringing him back to see his PD tomorrow morning. Really need to get this sorted. It's driving me nuts.

SNG
Thanks for your offer! It's ok. we managed to get an appt with his usual PD tomorrow morning...it's just driving me nuts coz the cough had been there for such a long time and it's going on and off.

Agree with your boss's mindset. I am gona aim to bring my kids up like him! But not easy....anyway, I think I will be v. stressed when its time to look for school for Josh's pri school next time.

wendypooh
Hello!! me and my boss have been working together as a team for the past 3 years. We are more like family rather than boss/subordinate. As long as the work gets done and nothing explodes, we can talk about anything under the sun...including his two gfs....

ooops.. 2 gfs i heard! lol

My 3 rascals have asthma, which is damn sian.. I used to run all the way to KKH everytime they wheeze, at least now better.. the doc is able to cure them, minus the hospitalization part.. Actually, i think good docs now a days are damn difficult to find.. All the rest seems to give normal med that cure 1, cure all kind.. I just hope this doc dont retire soon, cos he's pretty old liao..
happy.gif

Where are u planning to shift to? I think apart from East, the next place with better schools is in central SG liao, which will cost an arm and a leg.. But the thing is, the better secondary schools and JCs are in the east..
happy.gif

My email is lwg26 “at” yahoo.com.sg (Pai say... I haven’t got time to log on facebook yet, in case you wonder why I haven't accept)

SNG,
Your boss is superman! Hard to keep up to the standard.

Cheerios,
If stop work for a few years, should be still ok bah. And you are young so can get back a job. I was SAHM for 2.5 years and returned to work after both kids attend school. I became too bored at home (empty nest syndrome) so happen that my ex boss set up a new department and ask me to join him. I may request to work half-day or part-time. But haven’t plucked up the courage to tell my boss yet because headcount is very precious now. Many people are out of job and companies are not employing yet.

Tinkerbelle,
I kinda understand your situation. I have psychological phobia for not having a job. Because last time, my parents both not working and depends on savings. So I work part-time to pay for my studies and my own expenses. And now I have to bear my parents’ living and medical expenses. Luckily I have 2 other sisters to spread out the burden. Since young, I see my parents quarreling over $$ every other day. When they bad mood, they will scold us for ‘wasting’ their $$ and make us work during school holiday to earn pocket money. My mum told us then when we grow up, must give her $XX allowance every month plus $1k bonus during CNY. Then she will compare with other friends how much we give her vis-à-vis how much her friends’ kids give them. The past experiences have made a deep impression. Until now, I feel insecure if it’s single income. Because what if my hb lost his job, then all 3 kids eat “grass”? Even if we all eat grass, also must pay my parents. And I do not want to depend on my kids to feel obliged to give me pocket money when I’m old. Going through the few previous economic downturns, job is no longer secured especially as I age. If I be a SAHM now, maybe no chance to get a job back because in banking, the employer will not want to take back a “old” staff especially if after losing a few years of work experience. I was considering to be Administrator for primary school, then can go home on time and not so stressful.

Back