BEDOK mommies club

hippo2002

Hi
I am a SAHM living in Bedok, just shifted here recently. my girls are 5 & 3 years old.
look forward to meet the rest of the mommies living in Bedok area :eek:)

hello mommies

welcome!!!
so happy to see you all here :eek:)

I'm at Bedok North. You leh?
how old are your kids? FTWM or SAHM?

I live in Bedok since I'm a kid too. attended my K2 here. That PAP kindergarten is still around but my primary school is gone leh
hehe, didn't realise until I start looking for primary school for my girl

moved to Sembawang for 6 years, and decided to move back to Bedok again
Bedok is still the best !

HEHE.
i stay bedok north since Primary school with my parents.
after that got married, stay with inlaws now at chai chee. Also at bedok!

my girl now 13months, SAHM looking after her!

Hi hi..

Can i join?

I've just moved back into Chai Chee.. Grew up here and after got married, moved out. Now, back to Chai Chee with hb and best thing, bought same block as my parents.

My eldest son is in my Primary school now..

Currently a SAHM to my 2 boys.. #3 on the way.. hehe

Nicky's mom

same same! we grew up in Bedok, moved out & back again :eek:)
I also bought a flat 2 blocks from my parents. You so lucky, bought same block! we made an offer for a unit same block as my parents but another buyer offer too high a price, cannot match them lah

your son is at which primary level?

Congrats to your #3 !!!
I cannot cope already, so definitely stopping at 2

hi, can i join?

me too stay in bedok. actual bedk reservoir. e was borned in kembagan, stayed in bedok south, then bedok north n bedok reservoir... after married still bedok reservoir....

hi hippo2002, my primary school also gone... me used to study at bedok town pri school...

i am a FTWM... my gal is in primary one nw...

Morning..

Xpink_Xuanx, i'm at block 2..

Hippo2002, my boy is in Primary 1.. My original buyer wanted 10k above valuation.. but we offered only 1k and then thay asked for 2k.. So we agreed.. We waited for almost a year to get a unit at our block.

Maid's looking after #2, so i just shake here and there.. I think if i need to look after them myself, i will most likely stop at 1 liao.. hehe..

Hi Dorothy, welcome.. U covered the whole Bedok area liao.. I thought Bedok Town Primary has moved to Bedok Resevoir / Kaki Bukit area?

hi nicky's mum, thanks for the welcome... actually hor, me forget to include chai chee... hee hee. stayed there for half a year blk 41....

i actually applied for a new flat in woodland, but we decided to buy resell in bedok res instead... thinking of upgrade again... should be another bedok res unit...

ya, bedok town pri merged with telok kurau pri.... me now staying just behind the school...

Dorothy, hehe... I think i won't be moving again unless my hb gets a place 10 times bigger than our current.. it's so tiring to move house!! Although i do nothing (cos pregnant), i also find it so stressed.. hehe..

Hi Mummies,

Can i join in? I am not staying exactly in bedok but ard the corner of Bedok South Ave 2( 2 bus stop away ) but now hunting for a flat in Bedok Reservior View actively and will be moving out by yr end.

Currently a SAHM to 1 baby ( 6 mths old )

my primary school is Bedok View
now merged to become Bedok Green primary

xpink_xuanx
I didn't realise pingyi pri is also gone

Wow, what is going on? Reshuffling & merging all the schools?

Dorothy
some of the blocks in Bedok Reservior are going through upgrading. Yours leh?
I bought one that was upgraded, only 2 units per floor, hehe like having private lift access

Very strange, I noticed the resale price is not much affected by whether the block has been upgraded. Only point block command a higher price

lggyMummy
welcome! Bedok Reservior view is one of the newest batch.

Hi Hippo2002,

Thanks for inviting me to this thread.....

Hi everyone,I also staying in Bedok reservoir... got 2 kids .. boy (2001) and girl (2005)...

Hi everyone
happy.gif

Am staying at Bedok South.. working mummy with a 3 month old son!

Have been staying in Bedok all of my life.. stayed in bedok reservior when i was young.. also went to bedok town primary! moved to bedok north then got married and got a place in bedok south!

hippo2002, i'm staying in kaki bukit... the upgrading side is where my mother stays...
i actually rec the ltr saying abt the lift thingy. ya, i am waiting for that man... but hor usually it will take a few years to happen... maybe by then, i no longer staying at this block...

actually, i am aiming for the jumbo flat at blk 629 bedok res....

yuki, i am staying at blk 601. u?
superbunny, i loved the fishball noodle at blk 10 market(bedok south)

Dorothy, jumbo flat also means more cleaning leh.. my current flat (5 room only) also maid seems to have problem cleaning and i had to get the cleaning company to come in every week to clean.. dare not imagine if we had bought a EM or EA instead.. hehe

I also love the fishball noodles at bedok south too.. But realized they have drawn alot of red lots there.. so got to wait for a parking lot these days.

Xpink_xuanx, which block are u staying at? Block 2 is on the "hilltop".. hehe..

nicky's mom, mine also 5room(should be the same layout as yours)... no maid... luckily my DH is willing to share the house work... so not so bad...

still trying to convince him on a jumbo... might be looking at EA but not EM...see how... cos property market going up....

Superbunny, i attended bedok town from 1982... i was the first batch of students in this school... maybe we know each other....

Dorothy,

should be around the same.. But my hb couldn't understand y our maid cannot clean the house cos last time, my mum's old maids also all can clean it and look after the children. Now we waiting for #2 maid to arrive so that we can terminate the cleaning services.. Machiam we like dunno staying in a how many football field flat like that, need 2 maids somemore.. haha..

My hb not say not willing to clean.. but he feels that if he's paying for a maid and i am sitting at home helping to supervise #2 kid (and my boy goes to school in the morning), he shouldn't need to be coming home getting mad cos the floor is not mopped, toilet not washed etc..

But have to be fair to the maid, our maid is already 48yo.. maybe age is a problem too..

hippo2002 : yup. ping yi & fengshan merge. but i think fengshan buy over pingyi so the name "fengshang" still remains.

nicky's mom : OH! i'm staying below the 'hill'. blk 11! :D

xpink_xuanx..

yr place better.. got some shops downstairs.. mine want to buy newspapers also got to walk over to yr block there..

Are u those affected by end bloc or u bought 2nd hand? We did go and see the block 9 or 10 before but it's pretty ex.. so in the end bought back block 2 loh..

oh. we live here for less than 2years. bought 2nd hand one. Yes, its too ex, but i'm staying with inlaws so is they pay abit, we pay abit through CPF. not our own flat though.

xpink_xuanx,

I see.. ya. Block 1 and 2 are cheaper compared to those block 9, 10 and 11. But u are nearer to the interchange.. We could meet-up in the evenings and go to the playground.. My younger son is 20months old liao.. Or, we could walk to macdonalds at bedok interchange for breakfast.. hehe..

nicky's mom : that's a gd idea!
i'm so bored at home lor.
my inlaws and hubby all go to work in the morning den come back at night.
most of the times, i will bring my girl go downstairs walk walk or go interchange.
so extremely bored alone!

xpink_xuanx, ya.. even interchange is boring.. haha.. unlike the new towns where they have shopping malls, bedok is mostly under the sun..

hi mummies...

Din know the property price went crazy... Was looking at some units and they asking cash for 40K? Madness... hiaz..

Think got to stuck at lagoon view for quite a while.

any mommies bring your kids to library storytime ?
I tried to go every week but very difficult. sometimes weather downcast, sometimes too tired, sometimes too busy

yeah, interchange nothing to do, except grocery shopping at ntuc. I always go tampines or parkway. Have you heard Sheng Shiong coming? heard from my mom, replacing Giant

but I hardly have time to be bored leh. got laundry to do, tidy the house, read with my younger girl, etc etc
sigh...so long haven't clean my windows, think can hardly see through !

used to have a cleaner lady but didn't engage a new one since moving here. luckily I tingkat, otherwise won't even have time to come to this forum

Hi!!

Good morning
happy.gif
My boy is still young so no library storytime for him but we do bring him to east coast for breakfast every sat morning. well, actually its us having breakfast while he watches us eat.

Dorothy - Was in bedok town primary from 1984.. that makes you my senior isnt it!

haahhha! the fish ball noodles at blk 10
happy.gif
yes, always super long line to wait but it sure is yummy.. my other favourite is the porridge stall.

Guess we were lucky and bought a unit in our blk when the prices were still quite reasonable. My friend tried to buy a unit and the seller was asking for 50k cash.. fainted!

wow.. 40-50k cash? i would had died!! haha.. even my then toa payoh flat also didn't fetch so much cash.. we let go at 8k above valuation..

Hippo2002, dunno leh.. didn't hear anything.. We usually go to the Sheng Shiong at Bedok Reservior. NTUC @ Bedok, by the time i go, no veg liao.. haha..

Steph, we also love to go to the beach.. but we do it on sunday morning cos sat my elder son has ECA in school..

hello everyone,

May I join in the Bedok mommies club?

Am currently putting up at Bedok Reservoir. Btw can anybody kindly share what does the abbreviation 'FTWM or SAHM' stands for? Thanks.

Am due with my first bb in 2 weeks time...very excited but scared at the same time. Looking forward to valuable advise from you experienced mommies out there...

Hello Mummies

Hope I can join u all soon.

I stay and grow up in Bedok South. Married move out to Punggol for 5 yr now wif 2 kids, 28 mth and 4 mth. Cant handle so decide to shift back Bedok since both parent & IL in Bedok.

I work in Katong and elder girl cc in East Coast, we are so tired to ferry bet Bedok and Punggol every day

In March we join the balloting for new flat again near teh stadium so now hoping can get it when result out in May, praying hard. For tat we had to pay a levy of 40K as we 2nd time apply new flat and downgrade from rm to 4rm

J&S
welcome!
FTWM - full time working mom
SAHM - stay at home mom

wish you a smooth delivery!
you engaged a confinement lady already? very important to consume lots of tonic after giving birth

Wendy
same same, I also moved back to Bedok for parental help. at least my mom can help to take care of my kids when I run errands or go facial for a few hours. Feel so blessed !

I bought a 5 room resale. Tampines is still not near enough, although the age of the flats there are newer. I wanted a house within walking distance from my parents and my girl's primary school. $40K is a lot leh, enough to do up your house like condo

hope you get the flat wendypooh, i am FTWD lol and i stay at the estate you are balloting for now. I got mine through balloting too.

hi Hippo
wow u shifted from Tam, to me tam is nearer as compare to Punggol. My Il take care of my kids. me ah dunno when was the last tiem i go facial sian... no choice we prefer new flat due to many horrible stories of resale flat so have to folk up the $$ hope the sale of old flat can cover.

sorceror
haha thanks for your bless, care to share which blk u in? we only have ltd unti to choose at blk 182 when u got yur hse?

wendypooh
no lah, we shifted from Sembawang.
Tampines is still not near enough, I wanted within walking distance from my parents. we redo everything in the house so at least it looked brand new although age of property is almost 30 years old

I didn't join balloting for new flat in tampines. is it the one built by private developer? I heard there is no need to pay levy?

Hello Hippo,

Thanks
happy.gif
Yeap I have a confinement lady recommended by a friend. But am still a little sceptical though... Like worries whether there will be a clash in ways and means of handling the baby. Oh well, will see how it goes.

Wendy mine is at 185, i got it two years back during the balloting then
182 facing the playground on the ground floor right?

hippo
u by resale no need pay levy right? for tam one i din know me too find not near enough so din apply.

sorcror
tink my friend stay at tat blk highest floor. we only have a few unit to choose. mostly from blk 182. highest 9 fl

hi hippo

how can you cope with 2 children and w/o maid to help and to be SAHM, how is your financially can last?? do you have owe any vehicle???

do u still go marketing for fresh food for yr children??

cheer

Wendypooh
yeah, resale no need levy. you are balloting the one near pizza hut at bedok interchange? very expensive right?
Chinese quota full when I checked last year

BabySean
hi! we chat at Tampines Mommy club previously. did you enrol your son at Seimpi?

wow, so many questions :eek:)
you planning to quit to become a SAHM?
just be thrify lor, no more fancy holidays, can only afford to go Malaysia. 50% cut in household income when I quit 4 years ago, ouch!

I am not very good in cooking or doing housework. my friends were so shocked that I became a homemaker, haha!
I didn't want to engage a maid so we had a cleaner lady for 4 years when the kids are younger. After shifting house, I've yet to engage another. I spread the housework load throughout the week and my hubby helped out, so it's still manageable but of course not as clean as when I had a cleaner lady.
I order tingkat for lunch and the portion is quite big to last till dinner. So I only cook porridge twice a day. my kids are big enough to eat the same food as us. hehe, my marketing is for junk food like ice-cream, potato chips, chicken biscuits, chocolate,...

hello mommies

any suggestion for school holiday programmes?
how do you keep your child occupied during school holidays?

hi hippo

i didnt enrol him at seimpi. my hubby say that is too early, they dont know anything abt music, have to wait till 4-5 yr old.
ok.... i like to cook, i know the tingkat food not so nice to eat. thinking only...

brave you.!!
cheer

Morning..

Hippo, not yet.. i'm on confinment during the school vacation, so i guess the boys will be at home too.. But weekend, am super busy sending them for classes.. so i guess it's better to let them rest on weekdays bah..

hi hippo
very good hor resale dun need levy but i dun trust resale leh worried.
i balloting the one near stadium not pizza area (although i love too , cos PIL stay opp only). i guess there sure ex cos near cnetral. did they open up for public?

nicky's mom,
congrats to you for your upcoming newborn bb. let me guess if i am not wrong, u see Dr Benjamin Tham from KKH?

Back