BEDOK mommies club

Er.. mummies.. our tonight date how? Or we cancel can just go geylang for supper? I craving for frog's leg.. hehe..

SNG/Kris,
Sob sob... I'm sure you both understand. Last time, when I SAHM, he say I so free and relax at home, why never revise homework with the kids. Work also fired, don't work also kena fired. Fickle minded MAN! I heck care already. Give him 1 week to decide. If not, I just tell my boss go on 1/2 day part time basis. Cos next year, both kids afternoon session. If I stay home in morning, I can take turn coach them plus take care of the baby. I cannot let hb stay home because he's not good stay home quality. I told you he likes to do everything for the kids. So I foresee they will not learn to be independent. Moreover, man usually v bad temper. Suka suka, he will scold and hit them. My boy very poor thing always kena from him. Boys being boys, of cos will be active and defiant.

Jun, ur hb also hits ur boy arh.. Hmm.. mine dont hit, but he screams at them to get out of the room, so damage is just as bad.. The reason y i bu fan xin leave my kids at home with him is because i know he will scream at them.. And when i am at home, they will come to me.. If i not at home, i dunno where they will go.. And, my hb is that kind when he see show, he gets so engross in it that he forgets the kids are at home! Grace can climb up the dining table and until she falls down and hit the floor, that instant the he realize her presence.. We lost grace a couple of times at malls because she runs after daddy while daddy dunno she's behind no matter how many times she calls out to him. This is also the reason y i dare not put grace with him.. I scare she fall off the escalator without daddy knowing! Yet, when i bring it up to him, he will start to point fingers! These days i am just so scared so losing her or her falling down that even if i need to go toilet, i will just drag grace along be it she wants to pee or not! So insecure loh!

SNG

Thanx for the GP contact. My boy has LOTS of vomitting espisodes in the past too, before he was diagnosed as a reflux toddler. Milk, porridge, food...they went in, they came out. I went to a few PDs and they all told me that I must be overfeeding him! How could I be overfeeding him when he threw out his first morning feed only after a few mouthful??? It was only in his 11th month that Dr Vas diagnosed him as a reflux toddler. Now, it still comes about at times. When he chokes, coughs, or eats too fast. It does have an impact on him too. At 3, he still doesnt know how to eat meat and rice very well.

OMG!!! How can the bricks fall on people! If I were you, I will complain to the GRC!!! (Hee hee...I know people in my GRC...so I talk loud loud...)

My son wears his outside clothes before napping and we will carry him to Gym straight away in it.

Fizz, GRC not much help for HIP cos they not directly involve.. I called HiP office, call HDB office also not much "reaction" from them.. So i got my dad to call instead since he's working in HDB and almost instantly, my mobile phone got busy.. The area HDB person called, sabana called, HIP office in-charge called, block supervisor called, HDB person from the head office called, even security coordinator's head also called .. :p haiz.. small fry like me make noise also no one care.. hahahaha...

Jun, i was packing packing, and i found some old events Tee which are usually white and L or XL in size.. u want them for ur maid? Last time my maid will take them, now hor. no one take liao, so got to ask around.. Good quality, but also mean thick loh..

BTW hor, some kids at 3yo cannot bite very well yet.. got to take scissors and cut to small small.. My #1 and #2 also like that.. Spoilt by the maid.. Now #3 no chance.. big piece cannot bite, then swallow.. wahahaha... evil mama..

SNG,
Hope everything's ok with u, mayb u wanna write email to the Town council and alert them of this?

I dunno how to react when I see u talking abt Nick cos it makes me feel guilty. Once I was very angry with 1 child I hardly scold, and one day she went ki-siao and mess up my classroom. I told her off and in her nap she kept apologising to me. Till date I still remember this incident when I think of that kid, and her name is call Erica also.

Lwg, Sng,
My hb is non e better. Everytime he babysit Erica, she's parked in front of e TV until she screams for attention. That's why I always said I nv get a break even he is ard.

SNG,
U let me know of tonite's date again.

Today I'm in a very very foul mood, so u juz sms me in e evening n let me know. I dun have mood to talk now.

Cheerio
we had to put her at East Coast even though we stay at Punggol cos we work in east, morning will have to drop younger at MIL hse also in east.
I pity my hb also he had to drive and drop 3 of us b4 he can go work. It is really tiring.

sng
haha we ever tot of wear uniform to sleep b4 but worried if diaper leak then goes off the uniform.
so the word "police" scarce the hdb ppl haha serve them right.

Jun
good leh yur Hb so on, at least he hand on. My girls on and off on TCM oso.
My hb hand is dam "heavy" I rem the incident 2 year back very clearly. She slap Nicole on her face that leave a finger mark for a week while I am at work. Worst is that very day is her 3nd birthday. I nearly bring Nicole "run away home" but saw Mil and Hb alry quarrel very bad when i home so i ren.

belle, U better nw Pls take care!! if u still moody, jus share it out don keep it to urself cos nt gd for ur health..
kao_smile.gif

Wah.. whole weekend no one posted.. :p

Is our date tomorrow on? Sill 12 noon at RP? My MIL is still intown, so i can come back later.. hehe..

Hey Jun!
Glad to see you today! Albiet only a short bit. Hope to have lunch with you sometimes this week!

Busy and fulfilling weekend with the kids...super not ready for work tomorrow.sianz. and my blackberry is bursting with emails....not looking.

Kris,
Tell u next time when I see ya and my hb nt ard. LOL.

Tarus,
I'm fine. Juz pissed off by my hb over some things he accused me of.

SNG,
SMS me in e morning if still meeting for lunch. Think I'll go down myself cos I think I'll only wake at 10 since I juz saw this msg n will guai guai to to dreamland after this.

SNG
Tomorrow I have lunch appt. Next Monday can? I already write down on my calendar. I finally can go on. Leave 4 days starting 19th. 20th is school P1 orientation and my gal performing dancing during prize giving ceremony in morning.

Cheerio,
Thanks for the clothes. Hope you dun mind I pass half to my friend. She's preggie after trying for 7 year. 1st kid is a gal and she already gave or throw away everything.

Your office people so on, even weekend also send email? My office qt laid back usually no emails unless got urgent deals. Hopefully not too often if not weekend also muz work then very sian.

I went with my sis to Hokkien Huaykuan family day yday at Expo. Super crowded. I'm not Hokkien but my hubby and bro in law is. In the end, the hokkiens themselves didn't go. Only my sis and I brought the kids. And non of us could speak hokkien.haha..

Mummies, What dialect group are you? Do you still speak to the kids in dialect? Mine is "potato" already, only speak eng, chinese. I myself Cantonese and loves cantonese tvb serials!

Tinkerbelle.
How come you are still up at 149am???

Jun??!!!!
U too??!!! still up? no problems about the clothes. Aiyah, the clothes are yours. Can give them to whoever you want to.
Emails are usually sent by clients over the weekend. Esp on Sunday night!!!

I went to Expo yesterday too! For the Robinsons Expo sale....the sales are not bad. Bought alot of toys/books/perfumes for Xmas gifts. Also went shopping over the weekend. Bought gifts from T&Co. for my boss and secy..totally broke now.

I am Cantonese! But haven't spoken for a long time...not since my grandparents passed away.

Morning Ladies,

SNG,
Cannot meet today, my work schedule change to mon to wed this week. And I just had fever last night. Now still having sore and itchy throat and whole body aching. Self medicated for the past few days.

Jun, I am hakka bt hardly speak. only eng & mandrian mostly.

Kris, take care wor.. drink more herbal tea + plently of water.

Cheerios,
I always wake up in the middle of night to feed baby + pump milk. S'times cannot sleep again so I will check email and surf internet for half hour. Robinson expo sale is super crowded. Xmas is coming and I haven't bot any pressies yet!

Jun
Ooooh no wonder...I forgot you are still breastfeeding. Those days seem so far far away.

My new maid is coming this sunday. Really crossing my fingers and hoping she is good.

Thanks Ladies.. Think i'll see the doc later when i'm at work..

Cherrios,
Hope you get a gd maid.. I change a few before i settle with one gd one.. So I'm also scare of changing maid..

Hi Kris

take care ya.
if still unwell, do go see doc early.

try this drink for sore throat...
1 teaspoon of Honeysuckle (jin ying hua), 10 Chrysanthemum flowers, 4 slices Hawthorn (san zha). Put everything in a teapot and pour in boiling water. Seep for 15mins. Add some honey.
all the ingredients can get from medical hall.

HI Spagoh,
Thanks for the receipe. I'll try it.. But not these few days.. as i got to work.. and body aching so lazy to move around..

Hi Kris/Taurus
Thanks! Yar..crossing my toes and fingers. It's like the last time I changed secretaries like that. Each time they quit on me....I get so affected. But at least they were incompetent. This maid was quite good.

Cheerios,
Haha, I was up cos I reached home at almost 12 last nite, so after shower, putting Erica to bed, I need to chill off abit before I hit my pillow. Hehe...

Hope u'll get a good maid. Good maids are hard to come by nowadays.

Kris,
Take care wor. Don't overwork yourself. If really too tired den can take MC?

Ladies,
I wanna ask those of u who buy from BPs n Sprees. Have u all deal with dishonest organisers b4? Lately I'm kinda pissed off cos always kanna cheated off my Reg mail. I always worried tt my parcels go missing tts why opted for Reg mail mah, den in e end they nv gimme reg mails. And a few occasions my parcels came torn. So upset. And when I PM the organisers, they either act blur or ignored.

SNG / Tinkerbelle,
I decided I will buy the Mr. Men and Little Miss Series cos my kids like it. 3 kids should be worth it bah. Do you know where got lobang? BP selling $245 but dunno if consider cheap or not.

Jun, dunno leh.. But u try borders not? Especially when they have 30% + 10% off? Or maybe popular since popular usually is cheaper than borders.. Or buy from USA since exchange rate is only bout 1.38 now?

OK. Will check out borders and Popular. Seems like Amazon USA don't have it. Maybe because Mr. Men are UK characters.

Hi Mummies

Hope that itz a good day for all today...

Talk about vomitting...tio bey bio oso not so zun...after posting here...my boy had cough and phlegm yesterday and vomitted twice...haizzz...

Tinkerbelle...

I buy from BPs and sprees quite often...so far so good...*cross my fingers*...but for sprees, I usually buy from those organisers whom I have dealt with previously...unless I cant find them organising a particular spree...I normally opt for registered mail if the item exceeds SGD30...

Jun...

I think the BP is quite a good deal...The Book People carries a smaller version too (fewer books)...but UK shipping can cost nearly as much as the books...

http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&pageSize=10&beginIndex=0&searchScope=SimpleSearch&resultType=2&resultCatEntryType=1&catgrpSchemaType=2&vipStatus=&fromPage=basicSearch&layout=oneColumn&pageNumber=2&pageSizeOption=10&format=&sortOption=DEFAULT&ageRange=&onlySets=false&categoryName=Babies+%26+Toddlers&categoryPath=%2F59607%2F59611&categoryId=59607&luceneSearchType=CATEGORY&searchTerm=

Lwg, Fizz,
I don't know why recently I haven had luck with my post. Earlier I ever had lost my postage, that's why I opted for Reg post ever since, but recently I had been experiencing problems with my mails again. It's so upsetting. I'm comtemplating to log a complaint to the Post office.

Lwg,
So far I read alot of Mummies comment that BP hav e best deals already. I ever chanced upon 1 BP that they have discount if order 2 sets n above, nt sure if it's still available though.

Xmas's gift ideas, I'm very practical person, I don't like to buy stuff that is of no use to people.

Those close friends of mine, usually I asked them to make a wishlist, give them a budget. And I'll get one of the item from the list.

Kids - The safest way for kid's present is always books. Unless I know what they like and will get a present from there.

Colleagues - I usually grab crackers from Marks and Spencer to give away since there is always alot of them. Unless those closer ones, I'll always ask for a wishlist n work from there.

Xmas gift..

Kids, i usually only buy for my cousins and closer friends, so usually clothes for the more grown up ones and toys for the younger ones.

Colleagues, we usually know each other's preference since we have been colleagues for ages.. So i usually get pressie on what they like..
happy.gif

Friends, we usually know will say we aren't exchanging gifts..

SNG,
Agree on the sentence on friends usually don't exchange gift. Cus I get super stress when i know i need to buy a gift for a friend and dono if they like. I prefer treating a meal.

I also prefer to give practical gifts if not, half of it ends up in the storeroom. I supposed to buy Wii for the kids as X'mas present but until now still haven't go Sim Lim to racky. Kris, if you have any shop in Sim Lim to recommend, can sms me.

Tinkerbelle,
I'm eyeing on the BP Little Men complete series now. But still haven't meet MOQ so wait a bit first and see if got other better deals.

Jun,
What do you mean? U wan to buy the Wii or the harddisk u mention the other time?
Cause Wii set, my shop have. But the harddisk i don hv.

BTW, does anyone use baby cubes to freeze food in small quantities? Can advise if it is useful. My baby is 6 months old this week can start to feed him solids.

Lwg,
I got the baby cubes for food feezing, I must say I never maximise the usage of the cubes like most mummies do. Cos I prepare fresh for Erica, only extras I store in cubes but I always forget to serve the cubes n only after awhile I remember the cubes but it's more than 1 wk so everything went to the bin. All together I only use 3-4 cubes the most, lucky I only bot 1 tray.

As for stock, I am using the Avent Via cups or ice-cube tray for storing the stock.

Jun, i also use plastic bags. Avent Via cups is too ex and need to throw after a few use also.. Alternatively, soup can store them in those pasta sauce glass containers.. cheaper alternative than avent.. hehe

Good idea! I actually have many Brands chicken essence glass bottles w plastic cover. Maybe can use them to store soup.

Although I have 2 older kids, have totally forgot how I wean them last time. Jia Lat.

hi

can u ladies share wif me yur view on below:

A father that dun do his office work
when the kids is not ard, rather play FB game. Then at night when the kids back fr cc
playing on the playmat, then he bring his work out to do. He get angry when the kids disturb him. When the wife ask him why dun her do when the kids not ard, he FLARE!

Wendypooh,
Thats very normal. They'll always explain that at night got mood to work or come back must relax for a while to de-stress before working, etc.. Worst thing is that can't take it when the wife nag, so they flare up even faster.

Jun, i think the chicken essences bottle is kind of small.. and, if i am not mistaken, the plastic caps cannot screw back de leh..

Wendypooh, i think it's norm too.. Sometimes i do that too, just that i dont play game, i end up googling and reading.. But i try to push my time to start doing work around 9+ when the kids are asleep. It's more productive to do work when it's all quiet than to keep screaming at the kids asking them to keep quiet and knowing they will not and end result is u cannot do any work because u cannot concentrate, and u keep them quiet.

BTW, my hb also like that, twice a week, he will sit infont of the tv, chase the kids and wife out of the bedroom, and do work because he needs to submit his reports.. The kids usually gets all tensed up cos the father screams and the whole block can hear him, and their mood gets affected.. They sleeping time is also pushed backwards cos daddy refuse to let them into the bedroom since he is doing work there..

Sng,
Should be enough if I cook more concentrated? Will try it out. If not I use 2 glass bottles. I tried out the plastic can screw back.

Wendypooh,
I dunno if I interpret your posting correctly. U mean your hb like to do his work with the kids are ard but like to leave those quiet moments to gaming at FB?

If I interpret correctly, mayb is there other way for u to talk to him nicely that he can leave his work till e kids are asleep so you guys can spend quality time together?

Wendy

My hubby behaves the same way too, except in different things. He likes to play on the PC when the kids are napping and then takes a nap himself when the kids are awake. Sometimes, it does feel like he is shirking the task of having to look after them.

Hi all
Haven't been able to post all day. It's been a terrible two days at work.

Xmas gifts
I usually buy only for my work colleagues, the ones who helped me. But for my secretary, boss and the junior girl in my team, I buy quite expensive gifts for them. The rest are usually those body shop stuffs/beauty stuffs. I actually boguht my old maid a xmas gift. I suppose now I can give that to the new maid.

Other peoples' kids
usually books and puzzles. But Robinsons Expo sale are selling alot of books and kids' stuffs at very cheap prices so I am stocking up..not only for Xmas but also for birthday gifts.

Wendypooh
Don't flare. Guys are usually like that...except my husband only starts doing his work at around midnight and burn midnight oil.

I don't know what xmas gift to get my hubby this year.

Back