ANYONE SALVAGED A MARRIAGE AFTER HUSBAND COMMITS ADULTERY

I hate to say this, but the hardest chapter has just begun. *hugs* to you and you know where to find us if you need support.

...why is it the hardest chapter? Balance between doing stuff for your baby/parents/new family structure and doing stuff for yourself and work. Ignoring the past and focusing on the present and future. Having to maintain cordial relations with the ex because he is, after all, the father of your child(ren).

It's a new battle, on new battleground and you know you'll win, so just focus on the fight
happy.gif

singlemomof3:
yah you are right.

it is going to be difficult.

the time when i was living apart from my husband, there was also this sudden new found "freedom". i could do what i wanted, do things when i wanted, go where i wanted with my girl, meet my friends and all.

as i was also supporting my husband financially, i also suddenly found myself with a lot of "extra cash" cuz i didnt have to pay for him.

the only trouble i had was maybe the groceries shopping cuz i had to lug everything back myself and i didnt have a car. so when i did go groceries shopping, i had to buy a lot at one go to minimize going to ntuc many times. then i discovered online shopping! now i get my milk supply delivered!

there are good points and bad. but like what god made us to be; strong and resilient, mummies will always find a way to cope.

the good thing is, we are always here to give each other support.
happy.gif

hi staff & singlemomof3*hugs* ,

my case of drag quite long... since nov 06.. so we had been seprated since then.... more or less had already "used" to it...

staff, me too!! when come to groceries , sometimes i also "angry" with myself... no car.then i had to carry those so many tins of milk , diapers... *sigh* but luckily I also managed to find a way
happy.gif
went carrefour , bought as a bulk.. get them to delivery to my house :p

ahhahhah..

staff: how old is ur girl now? my girl just turn 2 year old
happy.gif

090301:
my girl is 3 years this year.

during the dark moments, my girl was my pillar of strength. she was the reason i worked so hard. no matter what, i wanted to give her the best.

i am sure you are the same.
happy.gif

hi staff,

3 year old already..
happy.gif

U are right. my daughter is my pillar of strength. and my mum really helped me alot in looking after her.

so u are staying with ur mum now?

090301:
my husband came around.

we are living with his parents still and although there are things i am still unhappy about, i have learnt to close both eyes.

i worked hard in maintaining the marriage now.

there are ups and downs still but like i said in my earlier posts, i focus on the positive things, no matter how small they are.

the mind is a very powerful tool and i have learnt to keep myself positive by counting the many many small blessings. there are always 2 sides to a coin and i CHOOSE to look at the positive. it is difficult but i dont like to keep thinking of the bad things.

sometimes, my husband upsets me. but i will tell myself, maybe he has had a bad day at work (still no reason to lose temper at me) but if i hanker at the negative, i might end up quarrelling with him and ruining the evening. so i speak to him nicely and he will also quickly change his tone of voice.

how are things now?
does your ex hub still speak to you?

Morning staff ,

I see .. of course , if a marriage can save is the best . ALL the best to u.

hmmm.. I have been staying with my mum after the withness of adultery . we were also sperated since that day..

He visits the child every sunday. BUT he don't speak to me either .. I also don't know what is in his mind ...
He still sms on & off , asking me to go back, go out ... I din reply him nor answer his call....

My case closed as uncontested .. He did not attend the hearing .....

i see.
do you think it is more of his pride getting in the way? he did text you and ask you out and go back to him.

staff ,

Honestly I think is his pride too.

yes , he do text me on & off .. ask me go back... then can still text like happy anniversary .. sigh....

090301:
then my dear...
you still want to give up?

if he is really repentant, why not give it another shot? in your earlier post, you said he was still cheating on you.

do you know if he is still now?

but i also know.. it must have taken you a lot of thinking and heartache to get to where you are now... i dont want you to go back to where you were too...

such a dilemma...

Yes, that is the dilemma: deciding when to say "that's it, I'm not going to try anymore"

On one hand, you could have not tried enough, on the other hand, you could be beating a dead horse...

IMO, only the person can decide for himself/herself what is the final straw, the point of no return.

staff,

YES.I still give up. cos' I won't trust him anymore... He cheated me too much...

If he really repentant, I will had see & feel it.

But to me, he just want the best of 2.

You are so brave and strong. Do you still love him or it's kinda numb feeling towards him? Someone told me on the day you have decide to wake up from this nightmare and have put down the relationship. The divorce paperwork is nothings to you anymore and it's just a legal process.

I am still in the process of working hard on my marriage. Roller coaster feelings on & off. There are some improvement between us but there are still no physical touch. He told me he needs time. Not sure whether he needs times to get that woman out of his mind or find back the feeling towards me.

dying heart,

Honestly, I still got feeling on our relationship.. But i also know that no pt having the feeling... is not realy worth it lor.. So what if I still love him ? did he really repent? I'm the only one who get hurt. will he? he is still enjoying his life bah .....

yap... though divorce is just the legal process but when everything is done.. u will also feel much better.. maybe relief bah.

dying heart: to save a marriage, chance given but it need both party to work. so hopefully & i also pray hard all the best for u .

I agree...unless your hb repent and only love you but no one else...otherwise, no point holding on...

For me, i still feel sad whenever i think abt the affair...trying to get it out of my mind...but will always come back when i am having my mood swing...

The OW wants a status from my hb...she is sick of this kind of life...she dun wan to share him with me anymore...keeps asking him whether he will be happy if he stay in this family for the sake of my child & will he love me after we patch bk?

dying heart *hugz*

same here.. I also hv mood swing..

will feel sad whenever I'm listening to songs.. espcially those songs that we listen togather, things we do togather... How to forget lei ?? I'm just human . and just a women...
sad.gif

I agree...there are too many memories...not easy to forget...nowsaday, whenever i think back our wedding day & honeymoon, I feel very sad cos that was the times when I still have his love..now, I dun even know where I stand in his heart...

2day was feeling unhappy cos he pick on me on little things but i keep my cool cos I dun wan to be defeated....I hate that woman for destroying my marriage and take away my happiness....

Ask u a question...will you think of marriage again?

090301:
you are a very brave woman and i admire your courage. Yes, only you yourself will know the situation you are in and you are the best person to judge.
happy.gif

the feeling of relief is more than welcome, right?

dying heart, 090301:
hug no... HUGS

Hi forgotten,
Sorry its taken me so long to answer I havent been here 4 a while.
What i meant by hub not letting me go easy is he will look for me and I don't want that cos i believe if my daughter and i left he would not be in a sound mind to handle it and the best thing to do is get out of the country for a while.
I told my hubby i don't care what i hear but if i ever saw with my own eyes it would be the end and if i ever walk out of the house i will not come back in.
I know he doesn't have anyone ONE girl and i don't think he sleeps around. He just has eyes and hands thats all. And he is not rich so i really don't see any girl falling for him, however if there is i wouldn't fight for him as we have been together for 24 years.

dying heart : as i say lor.. we are just human & women. we are living things. we have feelings.... is hard to foget.. but when days passed , judgement given.... i do feel much better compare to last time...

Eg: abt 2 mths ago, the female singer :wen2 lan 2 have a song named "sha3 guo1" , i went to ktv with my coll, whenever i see the MTV, tears almost rolled down from my eyes. BUT last friday when i went to KTV again, selected this song, i feel better.. my heart still di feel pain.. but tears don't roll down anymore.

u mean re-marry huh ? don't know.. if u ask me now, i will say no lor... what i hope now is to lived happily with my gal & my mum.

staff: thanks
happy.gif

u are right. relief is much more than welcome...*phew*

Times will heal but it depends on how long...there are times when I wish i can be more "xiao1 sha3"...pack my bag & leave...get him out of my mind...dun bother whether he live or die...

staff dear,

thanks for your HUGS
happy.gif

Seems like lots of you are still working hard on your marriage.

My lawyer's finall left the writ for him as he is not home to be serve the petition. He was very work up and refuse to hear of divorce and want to talk for us to work thing out. This is however the 2nd time this happens. More than one year ago, when I want a divorce, he also promised and gaurantee he is not cheating anymore. End up after I agree to delay his behaviour is okay for a while but he was still with the other woman and did do any of he things necc to rebuilt the marriage. Now, after I decide to give up he wants to talk again.

I wonder is any of the already divorce mums had that experience. From pass experience, I feel that even if I give him yet another chance, it will just be a waste of my time.

Hugs everyone....

seems like everyone is facing similar situations...regarding the lugging of groceries...i try to do it on weekends with my son..take it as a fun shopping spree trip..u wld enjoy it more tat way..hehehehe...just the two of us...;)

he is still not bothered to sign the papers yet.... since 3rd week of feb.......just to share...i realised something and it helped me let go and feel alot better now...since his heart is no longer with me...let him go...no point wondering why this and why dat....just let it go...and i did...even though i do miss him..but i know i do not want him back...there are too many painful memories he gave me...i no longer trust him..so even if one day within these 3 years of separation he begs me and wants to come back...i dun think i wld even want to...cos it will just be a repetition again and again...someone...a man..told me..once a man strays...he has tasted the forbidden fruit..and its very very difficult for him to turn back again after dat....take care gal..and hugs.....

my son is my pillar of hope and joy and reason to look forward to everyday now....

yes flower77, thats the feeling I get... He claims he did not want a divorce because he love us but how can some one who keep cheating and lying to you love you?

On the groceries part... so far I my helper to help, but I feel it will be hard to do it alone grocery with a toddler unless the kid is very coorperative. If I am to do it alone, prob wil have to rely on the free delivery service or get one of those trollies.

Lin Lin & Flower77,

Eventhough, I am working hard on my marriage but i still hv the thots of divorce coming into my mind becos I feel like a wife in name only...i still can't forget the painful memories...those thgs tat the woman say...he is staying becos of my child & he love her the most...

i feel paranoid when he claim he has to work late & work on Sat, see him carry his HP with him everywhere he go, sms alert...can u imagine, i always spot where he place his HP?...the trust is not there...

I really admire u ladies for making the move to dump the heartless man...

dying heart ,

Understand u are trying to save ur marriage ...
but try to hv a positive thinking .. else u will hv mental stress... take good care of urself .

the mental stress is not easy to handle & will go crazy if u don't handle it properly .

Whenever, I think positive...somethgs happen & make me ponder again...this morning, I duno why I suddenly decide to check his HP...there are nthgs on his inbox, sent msgs or call history...but u know when I check the photo file....there are fotos of that B***h & them hugging each other...no doubt the foto are dated 16 Feb the latest & it look like taken frm a camera & likely tat she send to him...I feel hurt & sad...imagine, seeing my hb hugging her in the foto...

so what if I am trying damn hard to salvage this marriage but if that woman is always there & they never hv a clean break...all my efforts are just gone down to the drain...

Hi Lin Lin

I agree with you on the cheating part.

Hi dying heart

I went thru the same thing...I too feel paranoid when he claim he has to work late & work on Sat, see him carry his HP with him everywhere he go, sms alert...can u imagine, i always spot where he place his HP?...the trust is not there.....wat I went thru is exactly the same gal....hugs....its all up to you to decide what you want.

For me, I do miss him at times but I know I do not want him back...I do not want to go thru those agony again and again...I still keep the old smses..and remind myself..its every other day he starts his nonsense after promising to change again and again but he nvr did. He does sms me at times that he misses me and son alot..and then start smsing dat he misses his family...i replied to him...ur family consists of your parents, siblings and son only.....he does come by to see his son once a week and we do go out during these times when he visits son...to-date he still has not signed the separation papers yet..think its cos of the maintenance he knows he cant afford to fork out even though he himself proposed to give 300 for his son....well....still waiting..

just wana share my happiness...during this period of time, i made more effort to lose weight..do up my hair...dress up etc...definitely looking younger and prettier and happier than before...and also attracting more glares by men..hahahaha....makes my ego feel good..and i do alot more with my son...bring him out every weekend on my own..and spend time with him shopping....eating etc....it just feels good i am able to have peaceful nites now..and sleep peacefully as well.....

hugs....if ur marriage has not reached the stage of no-return....my advise is to try and salvage it if it is worth it.....otherwise...you are better off w/o him....;)

dying heart ,

hope u are feeling better these few weeks...*hugz* take care of urself..

flower77,

u are right... me too . made effort in losing some weight, go facial, body massage, online sprees & BP
happy.gif
kkekeke .. just keep myself busy & happy ... BUt all these have to do with the support of my mum ...
happy.gif
muacks mum .

hihi 090301

totally agree..without the support of my mummy and little sister..I wouldnt have made it too..heee....

last nite he sms me addressing me as baby again..my reply was....i think you got the wrong number...i am not your girlfriend or wife....hahahahaha....

flower77,

so u hv your case over already? i mean final judgement?

ya.... family support is very impt... friends too.. really appreciate them
happy.gif

Hey Gals,
I am not sure if nowadays men are just too 'Jian' or women being so easy, promiscuous(shui bian)..I hate it and they just give you some lame excuses so that we, women , will believe in what they say.

I know that it is very difficult to let go of a marriage. It is so hard for 2 individuals to meet and stay together to start a family but i just dun understand WHY men just want to go out and flirt around/??

I am married, have a little baby gal and now pregnant with another baby. I recently found out that my man is flirting with other woman on the sms. TO him its just sms , to me its more that it...I am seriously doubtful and dunno what to do......** and this is not the first time he flirt with sms....I trusted him too much and thought that he will change...But he Did not....

Hi flower & 090301,

Gd to hear that you gals are happy with your new found freedom...sometimes, i wish i m like u gals...able to let go...

I am still trying very hard to salvage my marriage...treat him damn nice...i can also see some improvement frm him...but somehow...i get dishearted easily & lack of patience at times...wonder when will we ever be "normal"? definitely not easy...

Hi Attica,

Man are flirting by nature...but it also depend on the guy character...i hv learn that ignorance is a bliss...the more u know...the more heartache...

U know...there are a type of affair called emotional affair...but it's not as serious as physical betrayal...maybe, your hb is just "playful"...sometimes, i wish my hb is just having the emotional affair...at least, I dun feel so hurting...

dying heart, i know u also been through alot.. trying to save the marriage.. hopfeully ur man REALLY turn back & treasure u...

Attrica,u are in your 2nd pregnancy ... I do hope u take care of urself & bb inside u. TOo much mood swing is not good to u. try to speak out & chat wih ur friend. don't keep in your heart.

flower77, same with me...my ex still sms sometimes... "darling, let's go home ."

I just ignore the sms.. Though in my heart, I'm know we are over.. but think I still more time to heal & forget .. slowly lor... also not easy..

I think that no matter what affair, an affair is an affair...I really dunno what to do...

I am the type of person who dunno how to approach people for help when it comes to my Rship. Luckily i saw this forum and I came to realise that most men are the same..

They are always not satisfied with what they already have.They knew that this will break the family but they still do it... and when the family is broken and when all is too late, then they try to salvage it... Why ??

Dying heart, sometimes, i feel that you should just ignore him and let him see wat he does..like giving him a cold shoulder...men loves these ''games''...Do u have any kids?

hihi ladies

hugs....its not easy for me to take this step either...i took quite some time....now i prefer my new life...no more pain no more hurt no more anger no more suspicions and so on...hehehehehe

now he tries to come on weekends to bring us out... and pay for stuff..."why now..." weird...

he came on saturday to see son and promised to bring us to ikea on sunday but smsed on sunday he be late and gotta leave earlier..so i replied that he dun need to come oredi..."i like to take my own sweet time and do not appreciate that I have to rush cos he has to leave earlier....in that case might as well not come...i get someone else to go with us..." hahahahaha.....thereafter he smsed explaining stuff...i replied...dun need to tell me details..i dun need to know...we are free to do anything we like and date whoever we want to..." kekekekeke...

thereafter i smsed him i already have someone to go out with....later part he sms wru..i simply replied 'out'..kekekeke...hrs later....he sms asking where...i nvr replied...then later he sms again asking if he can have next sat and sun with us cos yesterday he had to attend to some overseas VIP guests and his boss had organised a BBQ at his place yesterday dats why he had to leave earlier yesterday.... and explained blah blah blah....why now then do such things...men....hrs later..again smsed where are we....but i nvr replied...an hr later he got annoyed and sms again....why no reply...i wan to know where are u guys...then i replied...novena....later he smsed again...wat time going home...then later when reached home can sms me let me know....super lor sor le.....

thereafter i replied later at nite tat he dun need to explain anything to me..i don't need to know wat he is doing...we each have our own lives to lead...i appreciate that he find time for his son on weekends but dun have to do it every weekend.....

am i too much????

hmmm....i salute his patience on trying though...haa..this has been going on for quite some time now....each time my reply to him was quite nasty....

just cleared out my wardrobe on sat whilst son was asleep...threw out all super big clothes....at home now oso wear very short and fitting shorts...hahahahaha.....and even t-shirt oso wear fitting ones cos lost alot of weight recently..hehehehe.... no more over sized or old t-shirts and shorts at home now....kekekeke...

flower77:
happy.gif

i totally understand the part on your dressing sexily.

i lost 6 kg .. and i have never been thinner or slimmer. and i started to wear sleeveless, tight tank tops wear short shorts.. minis..

very liberating right? hee

staff

heee... i still have not reached my ideal weight yet...lost 10kg from the after birth weight i was stuck with a more than a year...totally agree it helps with the self esteem and ego...kekekekeke...
happy.gif

flower 77,, hipieee ..m so happy with what you did... sometimes i also treat my hubby like that and then his attitude towards me changes.. I dunno why but I just feel that men loves to be treated otherwise then they will WAKE UP....

Hey, are u gals working mum or stay at home mummy?/

hihi attica....

hi5...kekekeke...

i agree men really cannot be treated too nice...cos majority "fan jian".

i'm a working mummy and my precious prince is now 17mths old...heee....must try to be self sufficient then we have no fear even if without him, at least we can support ourselves and our child when such things happen ;)

Luckily we are all working so that we can keep our mind off those heartless men sometimes...I cant imagine if i were to be a stay at home mum, I think i would have committed suicide long time ago....

BTW, I realise that one thing we have in common is that our kids are all still very young and our men have gone stray.....

Are we really that unattractive after birth???

Back