Any MTB staying at Ang Mo Kio

jolene, now i can't leave... initially, i was still job hunting, now all have to stop. i even cancel a interview...

btw, ladies, if you have any stuff to pass that the kids have outgrow, could you please pass them to me? thanks.

wendy...
hope things will get better for u soon. keep praying!
happy.gif

wahwahwah...u got no. 2 ah?? heehee...

Wow, so happy to finally see this thread moving leh. I pop in so many times that no movement until a few days I nv pop in n see some movements liao.

Clover, Jolene,
Wat kinda contacts u looking for? I got the essential oils from retail leh. Most recent damage is the rub on version from Vitakids. 19.90 for 1 tiny tub. Heart pain. So if u have lobang, I also want! But if u happen to have friends going to thailand, can get them to bring back for u. Very cheap there!

Wendy,
COngrates!

Eh, I just promised to give away Erica's stuff to a Single mum already. Just 2 wks ago nia!!! But I asked ard Bedok's thread and one of the mummy got some unisex clothes to pass to the single mum also. Think I pass some to you after I got them from the Bedok mummy.

Tim,
How's Ethan's butt already. I headache leh, Erica diahoerrea for 2 wks liao. Sigh. I think Mon going to Mt E for her stools testing liao. Pray hard she dun get admitted...

tinkerbelle
i wouldn't get the essential oil fr thailand cos not sure how they r made. wil pry that Erica's cond is not serious
happy.gif

jolene/kelly, which type of essential oil r u looking for? I wanna get tea tree oil. Saw some oil from us website, so may join spree to get it. Lmk if u r interested.

The one i'm using was bot from bangkok. I think they are just fine n indeed cheap like what kelly said. I use them in laundry so it doesn't matter much the grade of the oil.

Jolene,
The essential oil I got from Thailand wasn't from those market stall type but from the Dutyfree shop. I consider the oil pretty good grade cos some essential oil after awhile will turn abit yellowish but the one I got is still in the original colour. So if u know of anyone going thailand, you can try asking them to get for u from the Dutyfree shops.

Clover,
Which spree are u looking at? Aiyah, I dunno to get or not leh, cos like I mentioned earlier, I just burnt 19.90 on a tiny tube of rub on and 21.90 on a spray. All from Vitakids. Sim tia...

U use them in e laundry, does it cause oil stains? Cos I never heard of such method before. I mountian turtle. Usually only use the Pigeon detegent to wash the whole family clothes cos it stated Anti-bacteria. True or nt I also dunno

essential oil
i got mine from a spa shop in chatuchak market. abt s$5 for a small bottle.

actually i'm going to bkk in dec, so if anyone wants, can lmk.

kelly, i was thinking from vitacost or luckyvitamin. the oil doesn't leave oil stains in the laundry lah, coz for each washing, only abt 5-7 drops are required. i use pigeon washing powder for alex's clothings. it's effective, but costly in the long run. so after this box has finished, i will mix his clothings with ours to wash.

wendy...
sorry..i have no clothes to pass on. cos my sis-in-law's delivering in nov..so all E's clothes are heading that way.

tinker...
thanks for asking! E's much much better! thank God!!!
happy.gif
no more wet farts. yay!

hmmm...i tink better take erica for stool testing if it's been over 2 weeks. praying for her recovery!

clover...
i'm interested to get the essential oils leh. how do u mix into laundry? add in the soap powder section?

timminbuzz, yeap. U got it. Put in the powder then follow with the oil. The laundry carries a lovely smell afterwards, so it's an extra boon.

Which oil u wanna get from the spree?

I read in some websites that can use certain essential oil, dilute with water as household cleaner.

clover...
cool! i tink i'll give it a try then! i'm fine with any brand. but i tink i'll try citronella & tea tree for now.

rdg cleaners...i'm using sure clean now for floor and vinegar for tables & toys. gd enuff i guess.

hello, me back for a breather. ladies, don't worry, i am just asking around. i have asked another friend of mine who just delivered in feb, just a bit off-handed when i given out el's items and a lot of things are loan which i have returned... need some time to settle down and think on what i should do next...

btw, has anyone of you used NTUC diapers? how is it? i just discovered over weekend that petpet has changed it packing and it is relatively more expensive now.
sad.gif

Clover,
See if I have luck to go Thailand in Nov or not, if get don't get to go, I tonpang you to buy ok?

I never use the Powder leh, cos I read that sometimes powder tend to have little lumps that doesn't dissolve well so I kaisi, use the liquid one. 1 cap wash the whole family clothes lo. I lazy, so I never wash Erica's clothes separately like my mum does. :p

Tim,
Glad to know Ethan's ok liao. Think tml I'll bring her to KKH. Pray hard hard she don't get hospitalize.

U use Vinegar for table, does it smell? Talking abt that, I think I long time nv sterilize Erica's toys liao. Only wipe with wet cloth nia.

Desitin:
Ladies, My sis is in USA now. She can get Desitin at USD$3.00 cos she got membership in one of those retail drugstore. Anyone wants? I told her I'll pay her 8 bucks SGD per tube inclusive of shipping cos she combine her clothes to send back to SG for me through US postage. I'm getting 4 for Erica cos I think that should be enough to last her till she is toilet trained. SMS me and let me know if you want ok so I let my sis know how many tubes to get for me.

Clover,
Are u having alot of orders from Vitacost? Get those free domestic shipping one. Cos if u want, I can order n send to my sis place and she send back together with her box of clothes for us. She's shipping back in ard End Aug before she is back from USA. Can pass to u all when I meet up with you ladies.

timminbuzz, u want 0.5oz, 1oz or 2oz? naturally it's cheaper to buy in bigger capacity.

kelly, i'm interested in the desitin. maybe abt 4 tubes for me? not as if alex has 4 butts, haha.

i dun have a lot of orders from vitacost. i'm thinking of getting vitamin and supplement. vit c for my hb, fish oil or dha for alex n calcium for me.

ladies, u can consider taking the sambucus supplement.
http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Sambucus-For-Kids-Berry-4-fl-oz
i think it's the cheapest i have came across.

anyone of u tried this beside jolene n me?

giveaways
1. promil gold (stage 2) 900gm exp: 2010
2. pediasure original sample exp 020909
3. pediasure vanilla sample exp 181009
4. pediasure vanilla sample exp 181009

self-collect. lmk
happy.gif

kelly...
is it possible for ur sis to buy the 16oz tubs huh? E uses desitin like water and i find the tubs more cost efficient. heehee...i paid $27 inc overseas + local shipping the last time.
happy.gif

clover...
i tink i'll just get the 2oz ones. i just read online that citronella can work with ants and cockroaches too! thanks for the idea! i've been wanting to exterminate the ants in my hse. haha...
add in peppermint oil for extra strength (it seems). so..i'll buy a bottle of peppermint oil too! haha...:D

<font color="aa00aa">cheri 10kg maintain since 11 mth till now...she start walkin now :p very how liang dun wan ppl to hold her....

clover/jolene
u still breastfeedin? any mum still breast feedin?</font>

Clover,
Ok, I'll add in your orders to my sis. Haha, I oso KS, so order 4 tubes. Should last Erica till she outgrow diapers. Hopefully. :p

Let me know all e orders for Vitacost? So I order n send to my sis place, den she can throw away the box n ship back together with her stuff. I told her every item I pay her abit more cover her shipping cost if not she say I exploit her kindness. Haha. Cheaper than I join spree. Win win situation.

Can I reserve the Pediasure from u? Erica is taking Pediasure. Thanks.

Tim,
The 16oz one I dunno have or not leh, cos I showed her the link from Drugstore and she got it from the Retail. If don't have the 16oz, u want the tubes? 4oz each. Seems cheaper to get the bigger one hor? I remember that time I joined spree and per tube of 4 oz I paid ard 11-12 plus.

Ladies,
The desitin I order all Creamy Fresh Scent only ok? Cos I dun wanna confuse my sis. She quite bad tempered one, so I dun wanna provoke her and later she dun even wanna help me buy.

kelly ok reserved for u. Pls remind me to pass u next time we meet.. I can be quite forgetful.

Desitin
Then i change my order to 2tubes lah. Alex's butt takes original better. I'll just ration the half tube i hv left.

Ice yah still bf-ing

tinker...
hmmm...then i tink i won't order. thanks heaps for tinking of us tho!
happy.gif
cos E's butt needs original.

ice...
me still bf-ing too.

hi ice
ya, still breastfeeding....but thinking of weaning her off soon.

hey wendy
mireille used fairprice's diaper when she was 5 or 6 months old. ok, like petpet or fitti. just that i prefer the huggies' tape more.

Clover, Tim,
Sorry for me being mountian turtle ah, but wat's e difference between original and creamy? Cos until now I never try original before. Issit better than creamy. If better, mayb I try asking my sis to see if got original on sale or nt. Cos Erica still having bits of diaper rash n desitin cannot get rid of it totally. Tried Dapolene, CB, Aloe Vera Gel, Desitin etc, all doesn't work to clear it off totally.

Jolene,
Gimme ur orders. Not very buky items rite?

kelly, creamy is easier to apply than original. personally i think creamy suits baby girls more. as for original, it works effectively whenever alex has red butts. original is also slightly cheaper than creamy. maybe u can try putting a thick layer of creamy on her? then must also change her diaper regularly.

Tinkerbelle, i use purple desitin together with gaia powder and this work well for my gal. Will takes 2-3 days the rashes &amp; redness will disappear

CLover,
Doesn't work. COs she LS too many times a day liao. Until it turns red. I requested for steriod cream frm the PD and he said apply thinker layer, but still e same. So I air her butt and let her walk ard e house bottomless. In e end she pee n poo all ard. Extra job. Sigh, headache when kids fall sick. Tml morning I'm sending her pack of poo to Mt E for testing. U all wanna meet tml at AMK? Cos I'll be heading to AMK at 4pm to collect some books.

I wait for my sis to online n I try to ask her if they have original on sale or not. Update u ladies again, cos if have, I'd love to order 1 tube to try oso.

Gabby's mum,
Huh, Desitin layer with powder, does it have like little chunks?

Mayb I try the powder later. I got the CB powder.

Ashley,
WHich kinda essential oil u getting ah? I see from the Vitacost website got alot!

You all let me know the order from Vitacost by posting the links ok? I just consolidate the order then we split the shipping cost for domestic. For the oversea shipping, until my sis shipped her stuff den I check with her if I can just pay her 1.50SGD for each bottle. At least she will not think I'm exploiting her.

ANyone of u tried this? I am thinking to order this toothpaste since No more First teeth toothpaste liao. http://www.vitacost.com/Earths-Best-Toddler-Toothpaste-Strawberry-Banana

tinker...
E also had very very red ass when he was wet farting. for E, it got worse when i cleaned using wet wipes. so i had to use water and cotton wool. it seemed to help a lil.

sorry leh..tmr i can't meet. update us on how the poo testing goes ya? will be praying for erica.
happy.gif

kelly i still hv bn first teeth tooth paste w pink fingerbrush. Can sell u if u interested

Ladies, can list down the essential oil u want here for easy consolidation? 2oz bottle =)

Clover: tea tree, citronella

Tim,
Yah, I oso use water to wash. Seem to be better I feel so too.

Thanks for praying for Erica. Update u ladies again on e stools testing.

Clover,
How many u left? I don't mind taking over. But if u want u can keep it for yourself cos they stop production liao.

I think I'll also take the same essential oil as u. Let me think it over first before I place order.

Tinkerbelle, my experience i dun have e little chunks after i apply e gaia powder on top e desitin cream. however i observed CB cream abit chunky compare to gaia powder. So when apply CB powder onto desitin might be abit lumpy.

so far i used both powder all work well on my gal cos i used cb powder at my mil's place. i just did tat last week cos my gal poo more than 2 per day her butt is so red and when i clean her she will cry cos it s painful. took me 2-3 days she s ok oredi
happy.gif

hope this work for u too
happy.gif

clover...
i want tea tree, citronella &amp; peppermint. thanks!

tinker
wat jolene said is right. desitin original has 40% zinc oxide. wch is y only that works for E. i tink if she continues to poo frequently, then her butt will continue to be red. no choice. can treat the redness more intensively when her poo regulates. once E's poo regulated, the redness slowly disappeared. hang in there!
happy.gif

oh...when u use vinegar has a cleaner, it'll smell only when u 1st spray onto table. once u wipe, it'll evaporate very quickly and has no smell after.
happy.gif

for alex's daily use, i have little canus 40% zinc oxide cream. it's still not as effective as desitin original but smells better.

Jolene, i haven't browse yet. Amazon has bigger packaging but not sure abt vitacost.

hm, do u use any particular type of vinegar? I tried with my expired apple cider vinegar, thinking it shld ward off the ants but still have ants ard.

I hate ants! Used to be 3 colonies but i eliminated 1 with ant bait. The other 2 in my house actually live in unreadable area. Gah!

clover...
i used the cheap rice vinegar. i don't tink it wards off ants. i've been using it for ages, but the ants are still around. i use it cos it's a natural disinfectant.

i hate ants too! i eliminated them once with ants bait. but they came back with a vengence. and the baits don't work anymore! i tink they developed immunity. haha... stupid ants. i hope this citronella &amp; peppermint oil combi works! if only my cat can destroy the ants like the way he destroys the lizards &amp; cockroaches. haha

Clover,
Haha, I oso find tt it's taking ages to finish, but I am thinking when she goes childcare, sure finish fast fast one, I've seen how the kids enjoy "Eating" the toothpaste last time. But if u wanna sell me, I can take. Cos my friend giving me 1 tube of toothpaste oso, Organic type but expiry Dec this yr, so I'll use tt one first.

Jolene,
Thanks. I just googled Zinc Oxide usage, got anti bacterial purposes, no wonder its used on diaper cream, n no wonder CB diaper cream doesn't work well compared to Desitin cos no Zinc Oxide contents.

Think I'll check n see my sis can get me the purple desitin or not. I get 1 tube to try.

Tim,
I never bring Erica's poo to testing cos my hb said since today poo once den just monitor. COs the PD said if the poo frequency is lessen, den can hold on n monitor before sending it for testing. Good lah, save me the money. I like this PD, help me to save money. Hehe...

I just read u used rice vinegar, I was thinking those artifical vinegar who smells stronger. HEhe, I go n try next time after I finish my table cleaner.

CLover,
Thanks, I have the Canus diaper cream oso. Erica used tt at my mum's place, my mum oso commented tt it's not as effective as Desitin. But cheap lah, 1 big tub she haven finish not even 1/8 of it.

Re: Ants bait
I think Ants Bait need to change every 1-2 mths one. The box stated 3 mths but I noticed tt by 2 mths plus they are back liao. And u need 2-3 boxes of that cos every box only comes with 2.

Those cupboards between walls are the best hiding place for the ants. Sometimes between cracks of floors or wall. I got those sealent from Giant(Ard 7 plus a tube) and seal up those place, seem to reduce the appearance of ants for the past 2 mths.

Clover,
U found better place tt sells essential oil? I never think Vitacost is ex, cos compared to the ones I got at Vitakids, still cheaper.

kelly, u use up the toothpaste first lah. i also have the 16oz canus cream. one of my regret buys, coz i find desitin original better and now i still have half a tub left. must use and use. XD

clover ... i think scott cod liver oil is suitable for alex cos it is from 1 yr onwards else you may wan check out flaxseed cos it s high in DHA which able to add it into alex food.
I am giving my gal flaxseed cos she dun like scotts &amp; colostrum powder to boost her immune system

Gabby's mum,
Ask u ah, Other than the butt, where else u use e powder on? Cos actually personally I feel tt putting powder on skin seems to dry it.

Clover,
You check n compare den let me know your order?

Haha, I oso kinda regret buying such big tub cos it seems to take forever to finish. But the smell make up for it.

I KS mah, I usually if those necessities if its cheap and expiry date is long, I dun mind stocking up cos I hate it when I need it and everywhere is OOS kinda situation. I juz stocked up half yr supply of Sanity pads from Giant, cos usual price is 5.50 a pack, now 2 packs for 7.90. No expiry date, just stock lah. Hard to come by such gd offers. Haha, I typical auntie hor, when it comes to this.

hee hee ... on my gal body lo but somehow e organic powder dun really stick like normal powder. so most of e times i only apply on my gal butt :p

hey Clover
thanks for doing the homework....pls add my order for citronella and peppermint. o u wan some Scotts cod liver oil for Alex to try? i have the orange flavour ones.

Tinkerbelle
i like Gaia's powder. wif no talc, so not drying. i use it myself too.

Back