Any MTB staying at Ang Mo Kio

Hi Nicole,

You set cannot accept messages.... I stay in AMK, glad to know u!

I am a mummy of 3yr old boy and #2 coming in June.

hi joanne and nicole, i'm a mummy of a 2 year old boy and my newborn baby girl of 5 weeks..
happy.gif
i'm at ave 4.. how about you guys?

Hi Joanne and Catz,

I stay in AMK St 31, a mummy of a 8yo gal and a 13 weeks preggy..
Are both of you working mums? i am now doing temp jobs... so most of the time, i am rotting at home..
happy.gif

Hi Nicole, I'm fulltime SAHM but right now cannot cope so my parents help out with my toddler. Rotting at home? Nah.. more like up to my neck in baby poo and diapers and vomit!
happy.gif
St 31, is that nearby to St 11? That's where I am, near St Nicholas.

belle, where are you delivering? I delivered both my kids at TMC. Congrats in advance!

hi catz, tks! i m also delivering at TMC with doc jocelyn wong. Tom or the day after is my big day..if bb is out early then its eve of my wedding..if out on 12th it's my wedding day 1st anni!

Jocelyn Wong is a good gynae.. saw her once at KKH. Congrats again and do come back to this thread!
happy.gif

Hi Catz,
So how you find TMC? Are the staffs friendly and helpful? I will be dlivering my this #2 in TMC and my gynae is Joycelyn Wong, her clinic now is in TMC.. i must agree she is a nice lady gynae, very patient
happy.gif

Hi Joanne,

Your is a Prince or Princess? i am hoping for a Prince this time round but i will only get to know end of this month when i go for my monthly scan.. Hope my little precious one can be co-operative so i can see clearly from the scan.. How old is your #1? i am pretty excited with this #2 as it has been 8 years since i changed diapers and wash milk bottles... Hope i can cope well
happy.gif

Hi Nicole,

My #2 is a Princess. My #1 is Prince and 3years old.
Hope you get yr #2 is Prince. I am sure you can cope... we all got that motherly instincts....
happy.gif

So you are due when?

hi everyone!!

Nicole, TMC is WONDERFUL!!! I was so pampered.. had both my kids there and I loved it
happy.gif
The nurses are just the best.. so are the lactation consultants.
happy.gif

hi Joanne, i am due early Septemeber. EDD is 8 Sept but guess will be earlier cos they said #2 normally be earlier.. Do you put on alot of weight? I seemed to put on about 3-4kg so far.. i scared i will put on more as my appetite is getting bigger hehehehe..

hi Catz, thanks for your wonderful info of TMC. By the way how are you coping with your baby girl? Guess it is not difficult for you as she is also your #2
happy.gif
Btw did you engage a post-natal massage lady?

Hi Everyone

I am living at ang mo kio. Now unemployed and doing my own online business. Been trying hard to have a baby asap. Cause we both love kids very much.

By the way, do u all think that if only 1 person is working and the 1st child arrives, and the other person is not working but staying home to look after the child is it ok? Or in singapore both parents must be working. Now we are staying in a 3 room flat so expenses is not so high for us. But my mother in law keep nagging at me to get a job. And she always pop by our house to nag at me. Really can't stand her nagging and high standards. Sigh...

But I have went to many job interviews and no response in the past 1 year so I set up my own online business. Not I purposely not working now. If anyone is interested what I am selling or want to meet up for coffee or tea, do leave a message in here for me.

Hope to see u all soon :p

Take Care

hi Nicole, in fact i lost weight till week 19. Lost like 4 kg then put on another 6kg when i last weighed on week 25. My appetite now is also better, always hungry...... And I am BIG, friends thought that I am dueing soon.... but i still need to carry on for another 3months!! OMG....

Hi Shimei, what kind of business you in? can share? i was so tempt to be a SAHM but have a small income of my own ....but dunno where/how to start ..... also I am quite an IT idiot....heehee

phy, my gynae is Dr Yvonne Chan.. she's really good..
happy.gif

Nicole, it's not easy with 2, esp 'cos they're only 2 years apart. My son still needs a fair amt of attention and while he's a very loving older brother, he's still a little fella lor. Shack. Didn't engage massage lady.. no time!!!

Shimei, guess in our society it's not easy to accept SAHM.. but my hb and I decided to go single income for the sake of our children. No maid.

Joanne, I also lost weight in first tri for both pregnancies. For first pregnancy, gained weight normally.. but 2nd pregnancy very difficult to gain weight so I stuffed myself with steak and durian to boost up baby's birth weight. Haha.. now super fat
sad.gif

Hi Sandy, your bb must be very cute now.. Is a prince or princess? have any pics to share with me?

Phy_*O*.. are you working now? currently i am not.. Drop dead free esp my eldest one go to school. I can just sleep the whole day at times.
keep feeling very tired leh.So did you go to Bishan Park to do brisk walking? i wanted to but just cant wake up early morning nowadays. Are you intending to get a post-natal massage lady?

Nicole,
my BB is a prince. He is a bit cranky now .. during meal time he must watch his favourite show either "Baby can Read or BArney" If nt he will cry and kick..lol
My mother who help look after him say i already make him a habit to watch video during meal time..LOL

I staying at AMK AVe 10 blk 466.. anyone near there ??

hi mummies in AMK i m just discharged today..bb pop on 12 march..emergency c section ..

will take some time to read the thread
happy.gif
will come back when i m avail..

hi sandy i m in AMK AVE 10 Blk 403!! quite near hor?? do u use the blk 409 mkt?? or the mac one?

725973.jpg

belle, your girl is sweet
happy.gif
take care.. I also had emergency c-sect.. pain man..

wah everyone staying so near to each other. i'm the only weirdo staying at 104 series.

catz she is adorable..hehe..
i used to teach tuition at 104A or B haha..my uncle used to stay there too..got a playground n coffeeshop there i remember..

belle, yep... that's the one... got quite a few coffeeshops. take care and prepare yourself for the infamous 3 wk growth spurt hor.. baby will be on the breast A LOT
happy.gif

belle, congrats. your baby girl is so cute. btw, my gynae will also be Dr Wong. Pardon me for being ignorant, why emergency c-sec will occured? Is it because last min the baby is in breech position?

tks nicole, urm just a 'summary' of my birth story..

EDD 11 March
bb no signs of wanting to come out..since full term already hubby & i decided to induce.
btw (12 march our wedding anniversary haha)

check in TMC 11 march..put on 1st pill at 11.10am ...wait for contractions..then admit to my ward..4pm (2nd pill) pain got worse 10pm..went down labour ward..my nitemare started...this is the time doc wong says its my labour time.

abt 12 mn on drips..but shortly cant tahan pain, took epi..wah shiok can rest after that duno wat to expect oredi..given all sorts of things like oxygen mask (was told my bb sleepy) i hvnt dilate, but contractions very fast n regular..so wait for dilate. till maybe abt morning 8am only 3cm!!! then 1pm 6cm dilated..then was told very long oredi..but after 6cm can dilate fast but its not meant to be..at 4PM still 6cm! so emergency op at 4.30 lor
sad.gif

bb head is all the way down..since 3rd tri..
but funny thing is scan shows my bb 3.4kg (quite big) but come out only 2.895kg :p but doc wong says her head big for a bb her size..

conclusion: doc wong says either my bb dun wanna be out, position not quite rite..or my passage NARROW..this is all i know lor ..

Belle,
I got similar case like your but i totally natural birth.
Was already 5-6 cm dilated when i admit hospital.. then still can endure the pain ( grap tight to pillow when pain come). Then the nurse teach me how to use the oxygen mask and emergency button.

2 hour later my gynea come already 8 cm but my water bag still nt burst yet so he burst it. The next thing i know is I cannot endure any more so nurse give an injection on my tigh and all nurse and gynea with me ( all ready to help me delivery).

I push and push still cannot push BB out so he order 2 strong nurse to put both their hands on my tummy to assist pushing and my gynea got to use suction to help.

Thanks God BB out just 1 min before my gynea really want to do C-section on me...
My BB 3.75kg when birth... while i am a small size mummy lol

Belle, mind me asking do you belong to those petite size category? Older people always say those ladies with bigger hips,it is easier for them to deliver, dont know whether true anot.

Thou this is my #2, Dr Wong also told me it is quite unpredictable during labour as my #1 was about 8 years ago so there is a long gap in between.. This even make me even more worried. I hope this time i am also as lucky liked my #1. went in to the hospital, after an hour, bb comes out liao... *Pray Hard*

hi, welcome pinkzebra!!

sandra, you are amazing!

belle, my daughter was born early and weighs only 2.34kg (e csect).. unlike my full-term son who was 3.36kg (natural). Was hoping for natural birth 'cos recovery is faster but oh well, baby's safety is the most impt and she wasn' growing well in my womb. with my son, by day 4 I go Robinson's gai gai already
happy.gif
With my #2, alamak, stayed at home for 2 weeks recovering until nearly went mad.

Anybody got any good food to recommend? I like Botak Jones at Blk 60x (sorry can't remember the blk)

hi, welcome pinkzebra!!

sandra, you are amazing!

belle, my daughter was born early and weighs only 2.34kg (e csect).. unlike my full-term son who was 3.36kg (natural). Was hoping for natural birth 'cos recovery is faster but oh well, baby's safety is the most impt and she wasn' growing well in my womb. with my son, by day 4 I go Robinson's gai gai already
happy.gif
With my #2, alamak, stayed at home for 2 weeks recovering until nearly went mad.

Anybody got any good food to recommend? I like Botak Jones at Blk 60x (sorry can't remember the blk)

Hi Nicole,

Me working now. Wake up very early to go to work, but dun seem to be able to come back early ... sigh ... so u're looking after your own kids? Anyone helping u?

I'm thinking of getting a nanny after abt 6 mths. Taking extra few months no pay so that baby is a bit bigger before letting nanny take care. Have u heard of any nannies around our area?

Sandy
good for u ley...i wanted natural but seems cervix stop dilating after 6cm..waited 4 hrs still 6cm aiyoo..hanor i dun u/stand why bb cant come out..furthermore my bb not very big :p

Nicole,
some ppl commented i m petite..i personally think i got narrow hips for my frame..i m bigger on top :p yeah doc wong also said during labour how the end result will be would not be predictable..so i duno wat to expect..nurse said my bb sleepy so i wait n wait n wait lor..lucky got epi if not..chum!!

Catz,
u very zai le...4th day go gai gai? wah!! wat u wanna get so much u went shpg during ur confinement hee..i m like ah soh now..bo chup liao.most impt is prevent engorgement n see my bb drink my milk :p also worry begining jaundice stage..later if MIL come early can go sun bathing..

Re: good food
Catz u know..i went BOTAK twice during preg..but NOT FATED..1st time cant find, 2nd time was told to wait 45 mins (9pm+) walau forget it :pP

i like the morning carrot cake at my mkt here..blk 408/9. Got q one..i like the white one..auntie frying (stall beside dao huay ) the nasi lemak at the 'kiosk' near bus stop also not bad..but i find its ex..the chilli nice.
no good prata (esp nite time) ard AMK area hor..i crave for prata before i pop hee lazy to go thomson area la..

Phy,woah you really good leh. still can wake up early. i am lazy liked a pig.. wake up early is a chore to me now man!!
Yah i am looking after my gal now, she is in Primary 2. old enough to do quite a number of things. I only cook her lunch and send her to school.She was used to take care by my mum when i was still working.. Since now i am not working so i take care lor.
Our area huh.. i am not too sure leh about any baby-sitter.. But i know that's an infant care centre beside the market there.. the two-storey shop house facing bishan park. My mother is a baby-sitter herself but she is staying at Hougang Ave 8.

Catz,
I love Botak Jones. My first visit make me wait 45 mins but i think worth it cos the food is nice esp the fries. My place St 31 here has one very famous "bah ku teh", i find not bad.. Free can come here and try
happy.gif

Belle, how you find Dr Wong huh? Experienced bo? she seemed young leh.

Any mummies here got do hair colouring, rebonding or perming during your pregnancy stage? Cant stand my hair now, so messy. Cant imagine i have to wait till i deliver then i can do something about it
sad.gif

Nicole, is the bak kut teh the herbal, dark kind or the peppery kind? i love herbal type, KL style but cannot find in S'pore.

Botak Jones - you go to their website, get the phone number for the AMK branch.. then you call ahead and order (menu is online). Ask them the waiting time then turn up just in the nick of time for the food to arrive
happy.gif

catz,
wat is recommended at botak? i heard cajun chicken...but rite now confinement cannot eat le..sighz...

nicole,
she is very patient lor..urm dun rush me..initially i went to another gynae but he everything also chop chop i waited 2 hrs to see him for 5 mins! she is young but i read in a mag she has got 10 yrs experience..urm i think its on the job experience. she is same age as me :p

Hi Ladies,
Thank you for the warm welcome
happy.gif

Nicole Chang: I'm expecting a boy, I should say very active boy, he's been moving lots in there. =p

Phy_o: I'm not too sure about nanny ard the area, but I'm pretty sure there's a infant care at blk 368. Can't remember the name of the infant care at the moment... but I did call up for enquiry before. Since my mum gonna help me look after my lil one, so I didn't go check it out anymore. Perhaps you can drop by there to talk a look, since u're staying quite near there.

belle, the fish and chips is real nice, as are the burger.. my mom loves the lamb chops.. i like the steaks. can't go far wrong with any of their items, really
happy.gif
aiyah, u really following confinement rules ah? i eat all..heh

Ladies,
If you have stretch marks and thinking of lightening it, you can try this little method. Use Olive Oil with Fine Salt / Sea Salt to scrub the area twice a week during shower, it will help. This is what i learnt from my galfriend who is a beautician.

Nicole,don't u find olive oil very smelly? Aiyah, stretch marks too plentiful to go and treat already
sad.gif

Back