A fresh thread looking for JURONG mummys...

Hi Mummies..

Juz to share..

Any mummies looking for HomeMade cookies for CNY..?

My sis is a instructor coaching cookies & pastries baking..

She makes very nice chocolate chip cookies taste like "AMOS",chocolate
flakes,almond cookies,chocolate & many others etc..

Selling at small tub:abt 50pcs & big tub:abt 80pcs..

Prices from $13 onwards..

Collection at JURONG..

FREE DELIVERY for $100 & above..

Any mummies keen in HomeMade Cookies for CNY,pls contact/SMS her
directly at:9-3880081..

Thanks..

Hi Mummies

I am staying at Jur West St 93.Planning to send my BG who is turning 6 months in jan to infant care. Wanted to know whether any good Infant care at that area.

hi mummies,

I'm staying at JW Central 1, any mummies ard that area? My gal is 20 mths plus, intending to send her to Cherie Hearts playgroup nexy yr, any mummies have any comments on that sch?

hi superjay

the playgroup is 4 hrs (if you send your child by 9am there till 1pm) for half day otherwise you can opt for full day. For half day the charges after subsidy is $350. Where you stay?

hi superjay

the playgroup is 4 hrs (if you send your child by 9am there till 1pm) for half day otherwise you can opt for full day. For half day the charges after subsidy is $350. Where you stay?

Hi Irene,

Thanks for the info. Like tat 9am to 1pm is consider more like half day cc tat playgrp, is it? Wat will they be learning? Have u enrol ur gal?

I live at St 61, intend to enrol my boy for the 2 hrs playgrp at talent plus but dun know good or not?

<font color="ff0000">Just in case so I wana post this:</font>
somehow lately, there seems to be some airbond stomach flu viras around spreading especially in Jurong area. Have heard of 1 jurong mummy's son whom got it first (will vomit) and then parents might get as well. As my own 2 neices got it and spread to my mil, bil &amp; sil... so please take note. They tend to have stomachach &amp; will vomit non-stop...

hi superjay

dun know leh for this school their playgroup is so long lor compared to other playgrp schools. I haven't enrol my gal, intending to enrol next yr so want to find out from other mummies their feedback on this school. Understand they will learn mandarin and english lessons, have play time and other activities to improve their motor skills

4hrs @ $350 the rate is not bad and gd too cos they would have more time to learn more thgs :p tt time i sent my boy to Appletree for 1.5hrs and the rate is $130

min, i agree with you. That y I rather enrol my gal there rather than those 2 hrs playgroup where they go there for a while, not much time to learn things and then go hm.

No offence to all mummies who send their child to the 2hr playgroup

i think some mummies... would send to 2hr to just get their child with some interaction with other kids.... haha...

hi min,
i think beside yahama at the library there... was told there are another one at gek poh but not too sure...

morning mummies...

Gek poh is cristophori... but they accept kids 3.5yrs &amp; above...hence, my son not qualify yet

Hi Blumarine,

Happy new yr to u &amp; to all jurong mummies.

Ya my boy still wif Little Neuro Tree, I transfer him to a later class at 12pm (sun),after ur boy lesson at 1030am.

I prefer tat time slot cos tat time slot class is smaller, only another boy &amp; my boy in tat class.

The teacher is able to fully concentrate on the 2 of them &amp; we r able to communicate much freely with the teacher.

Did u continue wif them, how u find the course so far?
By the way, did u sent ur boy to other playgrp beside Little Neuro Tree?

Hi Blumarine &amp; Superjay,

How does Little Neuro Tree fare as compared to Shichida? Thanks! :)

Hi Superjay,

My boy has difficulty concentrating in class. He is the nosiest and most hyper active one. Feel so embarassed when other kids sit attentively throughout clss. I am thinking of putting him in other time slot. Maybe I will call the school to see if he can transfer to 12pm slot.

I think he likes the class. But he doesn't like flashcards. Whenever it's flashcard, he will engage on his own activity.

Hi Min,

I am not too sure of Shichida as I have not tried it. my sister in law puts her daughter in Shichida for 2 years. From what i understand, it trains right brain. they do alot of memory training like linking memory, ESP etc. My friend who is a teacher told me that students who go through Shichida has very good learning ability. But you must be patient as her students went through Shichida for 5 years.

My personal view between both is Shichida is very expensive. That is why I put my son in Little Neuro Tree.

Hi Blumarine,

Ya, I also find Shichida expensive. We have been in this programme for about 2yrs.... I'm thinking if Little Neuro Tree is about the same, thinking of switching to cheaper alternative :p

I think parents also have to do their "homework" with their kids to enhance the teaching at Shichida hee hee......

Hi min,

My son just completed 1 term of Little Neuro Tree. So far we did not do linking memory. Not too sure how similar is Shichida with Little Neuro Tree. Yes, there is so called home practice.

How much is Shichida's fee?

Hi Blumarine,

For Shichida, the main things are ESP, Photographic memory, linking memory. They do train motor skills, additions, etc. How old is your son? Shichida schools fees is about $840 (incl GST). Then they need 1 mth deposit equivalent to 1 term fee (if i didn't rem wrongly the amt). Refundable if you terminate the course but must give 1 mth notice.

Hi Blumarine,

My boy same as urs, when come to flashcard, he dun concentrate but motor skill activties, he like them.

12pm time slot is good cos the other boy &amp; my boy both r equally active, haha...

so far...u all find ur kids any impreovement after the class? i wanted to send bt tink my hubby will oject..he said too ex...hahaha

Margaret,

U k sign up for the trial first before u decide if u 1 2 take up the whole package?

Min,

So u decide to shift to Little Neuro?

Hi Superjay,

Not yet cos the new term at Shichida just started... and I would like to preview Little Neuro first before decide :) Then again, the Shichida teacher progress with the class, so kinda of use to her style too.... so maybe will be lazy to change :p

Margaret,

As for improvement, if you work with your kid diligently, you will see tremendous improvement. But me a lazy mom, so the improvement is slight... I notice he's quite good in ESP &amp; photographic memory... then we do flash cards for the dots, if you test him, he's able to tell u which card is which number by looking at the dots which is quite amazing.. not sure if you understand what I'm trying to illustrate :p

Hi JoanKum,

My girl is coming to 28 months old. Does Jurong Calvary accept kids born in 2006? Thanks!
happy.gif

hi superjay,

trial need to pay?

hi min, thks for the info....mite try out...how many mths is ur bb now?

Hi Jasng,

They have classess for N2 onwards...so your girl may be suitable. Think you can call up Jurong Calvary.. their registration starts in Feb 09 ...so register early as they are quite popular....

Hi Margaret,

No prob, my son is 3yrs old :))

Hi Min,

Thanks, I'm totally clueless on the age qualifying for N1 &amp; N2.

You'll be most helpful if you could advise.
happy.gif

Hi Margaret,

Think there's a fee for the trial but i not sure how much cos tat time i sign up the whole package.

U can go to their website if u 1 2 know more.

Hi all
I am staying at Taman Jurong n today just sent my boy to the playgroup near my house.

Anyone know where conduct nursery except for PAP n church in jurong? HB don't agree to send my boy to church for nursery after his playgroup. And I don't like my downstairs PAP nursery as saw once the teacher bang the door so loud n scream at the children. See already feel so unsecure to send my boy there.

Hi Margaret,

for N1 is 3yrs old while N2 is 4yrs old... there are playgroups which accept toddlers when they hit 18 mths.... Pls correct me if i got the ages wrong for the nursery :p

Hi Eileen,

You can consider Zoophonics for nursery :p

morning....

hi min,
u are correct on the ages for the class.....

hi eileen,
u can check ard the neighbour... there might have other playgroup... coz me staying at jw st 65... there have a playgroup but not by pap...not too sure abt taman jurong area...

hi superjay...thks for ur info...

last nite mention abt tis class...my mil said wat for send her since she still so young...sigh....old ppl can never understd

Hi Superjay,

Little Neuro Tree agrees to let me try Sun, 12pm slot. I want to try if my boy is ok with that slot. I am afraid he can't cos its's normally his lunch time. I will be seeing you this Sun.

haha but once they saw the improvement, they will be more open. I think my mom was also like that. Say so young sent him to class then no childhood, etc.... ;-))

Hi Blumarine,

I'm not very sure abt their curriculum but shld be pretty std. English, Chinese, maths and science. they would have school trips and when they reach Kindergarten, they would have kindermusik.

Little neuro tree gives free trial?

hahhahah...will try to arrange for trial...cny coming super busy clean house n buy new year stuff..anyone visited chinatown?

Superjay,

See you and jayden on Sun.

Min,
Little Neuro doesn't provides free trial. it charges $150 for 3 lesson. i think comparing with Shichida, Shichida focuses on memory training. Little Neuro does mixture of everything.

Actually not bad, Little Neuro tree starts class with only 2 students? Shichida needs at least 4. Currently, my son's class size is operating at max capacity which is 6.

Superjay,
How long has your son been with Little Neuro tree? And how old is he? They group children of the same age together right?

Back