A fresh new thread to locate SAHM of yr2006?

Got my pair of reading glasses...
All I did was To mentioned so casually that
maybe I'll need a pair of glasses, just before dinner yesterday...
Hb said better get it fixed there n then and dragged me into an optical shop. I was sort of uncomfortable when I had to whisper that I need reading glasses to the service staff.
Ning chose my glasses and Kai looked o
rather excitedly

cat
wow u r fast in getting the glasses! J took abt a year plus b4 he really gave up haha..then told me he should hv done it earlier, cos the glasses actually magnify so reading is so much easier now :p

WOW!!! Cat has glasse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahah buahahahahaha...meanie me i laughing at her!!!!!!

ooopss coming from a jealous someone who has lived with shortsightedness (800 plus per eye) for the last 25 years!!!!

:p

Cheri/cy
yes it does help a lot in my reading. At least I find mt eyes nit as strained.
Well, not that I have a choice... I only uttered a few words about glasses and o found myself being dragged into the optical shop...
But I was told the degree will maintain for about 3 yrs...

Hi mummies
Been awhile
happy.gif
How is everyone? Seems kind of quiet here huh
sad.gif

Let's get together again soon...

Any idea how long our kids are advised to drink formula until? 4/5yrs old?

Lena
I've known of many cases whereby the kids stop after primary 2.
I've also come across one who stops at primary 6.
Ning is still on formula but she drinks from cup in the morning.
Some nights, she will skip her milk totally.
There are also many kids who are off formula much earlier, at 3 plus.
At one stage, both of them were taking fresh milk but the only want chocolate or strawberry flavoured. Plus ning wld cough after taking fresh milk. So it's back to formula.

Catherine
S is still drinking about 650ml aday now...thinking of letting her drink as long as possible. I don't give them fresh milk as have to drink it cold...

Hi Elmo

My fren who's a nutritionist and is in the FM industry said a toddler can be weaned off by 4 yo, given he/she would have got the nutritional requirements from his/her usual solid diet.

aishite
weaned off as in totally dun drink milk by 4 years old or take fresh milk?

N loves her milk a lot still so i dun intend to stop her anytime soon. Think milk is always good rite?

elmo
S is drinking a lot still..N takes only abt 350 ml per day now (though i dilute the milk so in effect abt 500ml) ...would S eat better if she cuts down on her milk?

yes, i also dun like to give her fresh milk cold. So if i do give her fresh milk at home, i'll warm it up in a cup of hot water first to at least room temp.

Cheri

She meant technically by the age of 4, but of cos if one still chooses to do it, then by all means, as there's no downside

Hey mummies,

How are you guys??

milk - Caitz doesnt drink formula milk only fresh milk since young. We either thaw it for a while or she just drinks it cold. Now she is drinking much more milk than last time... at least 1 big cup and in less than 5 mins. Phew... I dun even have to hold it for her, she does it all by herself.

Nap - she still takes her nap... but thats only if she is home with me. If she is at her grandparent's place, she will not nap but sleep earlier. I'm not sure which is better, to sleep earlier at night or take a short nap and sleep later at night?

Cheri,
The downside of FM is that they use oil(eg palm oil) as one of the ingredients. Also, as processed food, it has got some ingredients that are used to preserve the milk for it's long shelf life.

Lena,
ZY and KJ start drinking fresh milk when they turn 2yrs old.

I would usually put heat it up using hot water, just place a glass full of milk in a hot container for 10mins. The milk will be lukewarm by then.

Cat
yah got one period cay oso insisted on choc milk only... ie until his constipation became quite bad

Elmo
i think its gd that S is still taking so much milk on top of her normal 3 meals
happy.gif

cay nowadays abt 400-500ml depending on his mood (or whether enuff distraction so tat he'll jus blur blur drink)
too bad kate still doesnt like fm

Cheri
i really envy N's love for milk! tats wat children shld be like! love to drink milk!
getting cay to drink his milk is becoming a chore or always has been

ylc
wow tats really great! 1 big cup all by herself!
happy.gif

Cutie
oh is that the reason y u're giving them fresh milk now instead?
personally i dun mind whether fm or fresh milk.. as long as they like it
jus let cay try meiji fresh milk tdy... he took one mouth and went 'mmmm delicious'..
i tot got hope finally! but who knew after tat he refused to continue drinking

Lin,
take one step at a time... Caitz used to dislike drinking milk. We also slowly introduce it to her, at first take a little bit like 1/4 cup and she wont finish it, then slowly slowly increase. but it took like a longggg time then she can finish 1 big cup at times one small packet of magnolia fresh milk.

FM-S & K both are drinking ok
happy.gif
S is taking 630ml aday & K is taking 600ml.

Nap-S is still taking nap most of the days. If don't take nap then she will be asleep by 9pm
happy.gif

Milk- D's been on fresh since he was about 1yo. Personal take is that you can't go wrong with natural foods. FM's full of additives and artificial vits etc. Very processed. And all these are not necessary if kid's on decent solids.

Nap- D naps. I don't let him not nap cos I think it healthy to catch a nap at any age. Keeps him in good spirits the whole day too. ;-)

Lin
How's C and his meals now? Does he eat ok?

Elmo
wow S is actually drinking more milk than K?

Zoe
yes if cay naps he'll be in better mood too
happy.gif
i guess most kids r like tat ;)
jus tat it's not easy to get him to nap early.. cos nap too late, wee hrs then koonz...
oh he's still taking only 2 solid meals a day.. not tat he has a choice :p
D trained by cc trs now eating better?

Lin
2 solid meals not too bad I think. D has improved, yes. He eats about half the lunch portion in school but the sweet stuff they have for tea break, very minimal. So he has a proper breakfast and dinner at home and the rest of the time in school I don't want to think about. Ha. 2 proper meals I reckon is better than fussy eaters who aren't made to any proper meals at all. Whatever makes me feel better lah. ;-p

On this recent trip we went to Oz, he actually improved significantly. More open to eating. Well, he's always loved sausages, pies, fish and chips batter, so that's one reason why. Haha. In one of the large markets we were in, we were admiring food and at one point he actually asked at a shop with pastries and other baked stuff "Is there any food for me?" Unfortunately, it was all sweet stuff so I told him no.

Zoe
thats really gd
happy.gif
yah now i more or less learn to 'see open' abit...
as long as he eats more than half his meal i oso wont force him if he really doesnt want

hehe oh yah i rem D v particular abt sausages.. only wants the real stuff
biggrin.gif

cay ah.. as long as its sausages he'll jus whack
hahaa for kids like ours.. when they ask for food it's like striking lottery!

Lin
Yes, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it for myself. When he asks for food it really surprises me. We were having a bbq and he kept asking if the sausages were ready and that made my day. Yes, it's also easier to not fret over the food issue cos they're older now. Before we know it, they'll be stuffing their guts with a whole array of pure junk in school canteens anyway. ;-)

Lin,
Part of other reason is all CC here serve fresh milk so decided to start them slightly earlier.

KJ didn't have much chance to taste FM cos he is on BF till almost 2 years old. Then I started fresh milk on him......Didn't want to buy a tin and ended up him refusing to drink ;oP It is still trying to make him drink milk, just 100-150ml a day so far....

Nap
YES!!! Without nap, everyone is cranky.

Kids get cranky without sleep, mum get cranky with cranky kids and dad get cranky when mum is crank with kids.....hahahahh

Elmo
hehe im still trying to up cay's fm intake ;)

Zoe
yes i so know wat u mean by when our kiddos ask for food!
can really make our day
happy.gif

Cutie
i see
happy.gif

hahahaa u're so right abt the crankiness!

Sha has always been a picky eater. She can eat the same ingredients over and over again, she wants plain food. Too salty she rejects, except chicken rice. And she eats chicken rice with no chicken etc. Whereas Nate, at this moment, you give him anything, he also eats
happy.gif

I'm still prefering Sha to take her nap, so that Nate will sleep too/sleep longer. He just wants to play every moment, so sometimes at home, we have to pretend to sleep, then he is willing to close his eyes to sleep.

<font color="ff6000">Regarding milk</font>
I thought if they continue to drink (regardless of age), it is good for the calcium?

Lin,
Caitz still wants to be breastfed at this age... but cut down alot due the 2nd one coming soon. I wonder how is she going to "survive" hahaha

CG,
Caitz also fussy eater. She prefers to eat at home rather than outside. If we are eating outside, will have to eat her favourites otherwise she will eat quite poorly. Other than that, she is eating pretty well, can even eat adult portion and go back drink milk, eat biscuits for supper. But i'm cutting back on her supper. Dun want her to get any reflux like daddy.

re nap
yes, it's so so nice if they can take their nap, no matter how short it is. N doesn't wanna nap if we r home in the aftns. But whenever we r out, she'll happily nap in the car seat. But i oso realized things r getting better. On some days that she doesn't nap, she actually doesn't get too cranky. She will sleep by 9 pm on those days without much toss &amp; turn in bed b4 she sleeps.

Ylc
Salute to you!
That you still manage to breastfeed her while you are expecting no.2
I managed to wean her off immediately.
The trick: I asked my gynae to tell her instead.
And to our surprise, she did not want to latch anymore on the day itself.

Cheri,
I would rather C naps in the afternoon otherwise will be so cranky and Cranky C = Cranky Mummy! hahahaha

CG,
Yeah i got the gynae to tell her too but she refused to give it up and i can't bear to wean her off just like that. She is too addicted to it but even though she drinks fresh milk at night she still wants from me...

Ylc
When no.2 arrives, try not to pay too much attention on the baby. She must get jealous when you breastfeed no.2. It happened to Sha too, and it took her 4 mths to adapt to it.

CG
sha is a picky eater but i bet she eats quite alot of the same food right?
does she still love to eat rice as much as before?

ylc
yes really hats off to u
happy.gif

definitely not easy hving to bf the elder one when u're expecting no. 2... wat with the ms, etc
hehe but ya i also wish to continue to bf kate til at least 2 yrs old.. the bonding is jus great ;)

Fresh milk
does it matter which brand we go for? as long as not those low fat one right?

Lin
Controlling her diet. She lost some weight. Now 18kgs, 109cm.
She has been taking porridge instead.
Her swim lesson does help.
Only once or twice a week she eats rice.
Btw, is Cay still afraid of water?

cg
sha is 109? did she shoot up again since we met 2 weeks ago? wow, she's even taller than N now...N's at 106 &amp; abt 16 kg. Been like that for a few mths liao.

re food
N's new fav food item...almond tea or almond cream...those from hk cafe kind. She can finish one whole bowl of it. Now i hv to order 2 bowls for myself &amp; her. Or we'll end up fighting over it as it's my fav too.

S has been 'begging' for food the past whole week which shocked all of us. She is drinking 210ml when she wakes...breakfast...then lunch at 12pm...then 210ml milk at 2pm...then nap for couple of hours...by 6.15pm she will be screaming for food @[email protected] another 210ml before bed.

S is taking nap most of the days...but realised now she doesn't get cranky eventhough don't nap...big girl liao.

elmo
wow, S is probably going thru a growth spurt.

yes, exactly, not as cranky anymore. Some days, i even look at her &amp; tell myself ppl wun believe that she did nt hv nap on that day cos still so active yet cooperative :p

Lin,
This no. 2 is pretty gd... no ms whatsoever so makes things pretty easy. C told me one side is for her didi and the other side is hers. so won't fight for milk. OMG.... can't believe it man!

CG,
I think she is taking her role as jie jie very seriously. She refused to let us call her name anymore and wanted to be called Jie Jie. Everytime she sees other bb she keep telling others, my didi is coming out and he is my BEST FRIEND!

CG, Cheri, Elmo
wow all ur girls r growing so well.. must control diet, got growth spurt!!
cay is perpetually stucked at 15+kg and umm dunno whether he hits 100cm or not

Cheri
N loves her dessert right? now got one bp selling some taiwanese egg dessert... those who tried r raving abt it
happy.gif

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3770815.html?1269875376

ylc
hehe she got everything planned for u ;)
and it's great that she's so looking fwd to her new lil brother
happy.gif

lin
N is abt same weight as Cay so technically, he's fatter than N leh cos N's taller. N 不长肉leh
sad.gif

thanks for the link to the dessert...think i'll order some to try. Wif fruits added in, N will definitely love them.

mummies, we've rented a chalet for the long weekend. Beach playdate this Sat morning?

Date: 3 April 2010 (Sat)
Time: Morning
Place: Pasir Ris Beach (near Costa Sands resort, perhaps?)

Interested mummies
1) Cheri &amp; family

Cheri
at least N is growing taller.. unlike cay not much growth ;)
hehe yah i may oso order the eggcurd... but must chk w hb see his schedule first
thanks for the invite
happy.gif
but sat morning gg to sweep grave

Zoe
hehe thanks thanks
happy.gif
r u referring to the pics tat my hb jus uploaded to his fb?
yah she really has daddy wrapped ard her lil finger ;)

elmo
we'll b there from Fri late aftn to Sunday noon...just gimme a ring anytime u feel like coming
happy.gif
we might go to the beach on fri &amp; sun. Leave sat for the theme park etc.

Back