A fresh new thread to locate SAHM of yr2006?

lin
collecting this sat morning...in time for the gathering in chalet
happy.gif

Cheri
What time will you hang around till?
Ning has ballet in the morning.
Initially there was a baby shower for Noraini in the afternoon but she gave birth night before Liao.
Hee glad that we met up last week, pre-baby!

cat
u mean on sat? we will be there till sun noon so quite flexi wif our schedule (except sat nite is bbq nite). Just gimme a ring anytime u wanna pop by lah. I'm bringing N's skate scooter & kite along. Plus all her usual sandtoys & swim gear.

elmo
hope to see u!

Lin,
Cay's 15+kg is very good weight! Caitz eats alot but doesn't put on much weight. Till date she is only 12.8kg perhaps hitting 13kg already since the last we weigh her.

Cheri
Sorry, didn't get to meet you as ytday was out the whole day with friends n today stayed at home cos of ytday long day :p
Hope you all had great fun!!! Post pics ya
happy.gif

elmo
we swam on the first day there & went to the theme park on Sat morning but N started having a flu & slight fever in the aftn. The rain also put a dampener on any outdoor plans. Luckily, her nose cleared up within a day & we were back to the theme park the next day again...she loves roller coaster rides!

lin
the egg curd was good. But i feel only those who like curd will find this dessert special. Hehe...N eats it but she truthfully told me she likes it more cos of the fruit cocktail i added in :p

Morning yy!

Can introduce me to the SAHM fren of yours that have 3 boys? I'm beginning to feel the "tension"!(not on the 3 daughters-in-law yet ;P).
Just wanna find out from her how she intends to "manage" her 2 toddlers and 1 baby. Her old folks helping her?

Hi mummies,
Anyone of you know of any working mummy with 2 toddlers and 1 baby?

Last night, I thought abt the possible arrangements that I was too freaked out to sleep! Ha ha haaaa

Xie xie!

Cheri
hehe then any plans to bring N to RWS? but i guess the rides r more for adults hor
btw i jus collected my eggcurd n its really quite nice... had it jus w the sugar syrup

yfuang
u still working right? gg to be a sahm again soon?

yfuang..
sure!! are you on my fb? you are right? will send a message to both of ya..she is popping soon liaoz. think in may
happy.gif

her hb isnt in sg, working in sh (ahhh..you'd have one more topic in common!!) but she is living wiht her family...

Zoe, yy
Thanks very much!

Lin
Yes, I'm working now. With the 3rd one coming (EDD 2 Aug), don't know whether I can still continue doing so.
Cannot expect my parents to look after 3 of them. Need to think of other possible arrangements. Plus hb not around. Headache liao.

yfuang
how about getting a helper to assist your parents? so that your parents can focus well on the 3 kids while the helper does the cooking, daily housechores?

Zoe, you called? Lolz.

Yfuang, even with 2 maids, we have to send the elder 2 to childcare. If not it will be too much to handle for the maids. They will attend school from 8 to about 4~5pm before we pick them back home. On days that they have enrichment class, we will pick them earlier.

I guess age gap might also play a part. My number #1 and #2 is 4 and 3 this yr, so given the close age gap of all 3, we will have to be extra careful especially when kids are near newborn.

yf
is FM of age to attend childcare? FX is adapting so well in full day cc. I could see that the teachers really warmed up to him so fast & vice versa. He's such a joy to hv ard. U must be so proud of him.

I would think that quality time wif the kids is impt for u after work. A helper will hopefully take off some of the household load. Hv u thot abt getting a helper? Maybe when ur parents r not ard, can get the helper to go to ur ils' place in the day?

lin
yes, dun think she will enjoy RWS much though she does love all the free shows outside USS hahaha...will run to the front to watch even if she's playing once she hears any loud music/voices booming from the loudspeakers. She's currently v into such performances. Will always pester me to stop & listen/watch when we r out.

cy
N did her first indep swim class last week (wif sha's coach in TPY). She loves it! Also cos after the class, she gets to swim & play wif sha & other kids unlike Marsden where they hv to get out of the pool once the lesson ends. But now she wants to do 2 swim classes; refuses to give up Marsden :p

cheri
haha, but why did you sign her up for another swim class since she is already with marsden? she should be already swimming independently at marsden too?

cy still with marsden, wanted to move him somewhere nearer but i wan ch to swim too, so marsden is the only one who offers me this alternative.

yf
how often does your hb come back?

haha if i were you i'd be rather concerned with the three dils thing in the future!!! :p

cy
no, she's still on accompanied prog in Marsden. the rest of the kids in her present class who r born in 2005 & swim better than her r still in the accompanied prog. Wanted to wean her off accompanied prog so i thought it would be easier for her if she swims wif a fren. It worked! Nary a protest & she doesn't mind the male coach at all. She takes time to adapt to new people, new situations. Happened in her art, ballet class too.

liverpool11
Your old folks are also staying with you too?
That's why you have 2 maids?

Cheri
F1 enjoys the school very much. Thanks for the recommendation. It's turned out so much better than I anticipated. The teachers have done a good job in making him feel very happy and comfortable there. I wonder what they do (haha). How's N with the school?

Ya, I have to put F2 in full-day cc, if I continue to work. He's gonna be 18 months next month!

Cg
I'm trying to work out an arrangement that doesn't require my parents' presence and with me staying put in my current job. See what I've come out with:

#1 Infant: nanny's place(nearby) ; 2 toddlers: full day cc, if 1 toddler is sick, the other toddler stays home too? If not, how to send the other one to school?

#2 Infant: infant care centre; 2 toddlers: full day cc. How to send and fetch them from different locations with public tranport? Change current cc and send all to one that offers both infant and cc service?

#3 Infant: let my parents take care in msia; 2 toddlers: full day cc

#4 Hire a full time maid to take care of the baby? Put survelliance camera at home?

#5 Hire a day-time nanny at home? Part-time cleaning during weekend?

#6 Hire 2 maids??

But after much careful consideration, I think none is feasible!

yy
My hb comes home once a month.
You and your dils!! Leave them out of my life!! ;P

Mummies,
Any good recommendation for maid agency?

yfuang,

My wife's nephew and my MIL is staying with us during the weekdays. However, my MIL is working as well. 2 maids is mainly for the housework and kids, nothing to do with the old folks.

yf
yes, N loves sch too. Now highlights of sch r always the gym & speech & drama class...always uncle ben this, uncle ben that, coach nabilah this, coach nabilah that :p She's learning well there so i'm happy too. Though the teachers dun give regular updates abt what they do, i know she's learning her writing of alphabet, addition of numbers, ch strokes etc.

i thot option 1 seems the best of the lot, can still get part-time cleaner for ur home during weekends. Prefer nanny to infant care honestly cos it's more one to one. Just that u would need to rely on word of mouth to get a good nanny. Do u know of any near ur place oredi? R u shifting? i rem u mentioned u were looking for another place to stay previously?

Yf
Does the current childcare centre provide infant-care services too? You may consider to hire a FT helper, in case one is not feeling well, there is always someone to take care of him, and you don't have to apply urgent leave etc, and saving the trouble to spend more time and effort to clean and tidy the whole house. Do a calculation: how much to spend if you have to send 2 kids to FT cc, and to hire a nanny or place #3 in the infant childcare etc? Do you have to spend more $ if you were to continue working and yet always worry if #3 is being well-taken care? Would temporaily not working till #3 is much older (maybe 18mths) help to lessen the financial burden etc?

Meanwhile enjoy the pregnancy, enjoy your 3-4mths of maternity leave when #3 has arrived :)

Yf
It was so interesting! A couple of days ago, I was telling myself. Mothers in SG are considering fortunate. Can we imagine if there is no childcare centres, no helpers? Then we, mothers have to do everything by ourselves. If not we have to ask our parents/inlaws to help to take care of our children (if they are still active then it is alright, but if they are not, then we also can't ask them to help)

<font color="ff6000">But</font> to the children, do they really like to spend more hours in childcare centres? From babies till 6yrs old in cc, then many hours in Studentcare centres etc.

Mummies

Need advice..torn between sending Celest to Berries or Tien Hsia..both at the orchard branch....she went for both trial n told me she like both...

Any advice?

Angeline
My girl has been attending Eduplus. Will be contiuning to let her attend since she enjoys it very much.

I heard Tien Hien is more suitable for K1 onwards.

CG

tks..when i 1st ask her which 1 she like, she told me Tien hsia coz the classroom got kitchen set, slides etc while the berries is purely classroom styles...but after i told her that shes old enuff n should start to learn, she told me she likes both..i observe that she likes the 2...

Cg
Spending more hours in cc, studentcare centre??
From a working mother's point of view, I'd rather have them spending their time in these centres, than staying at home watching tv or playing computer games, or go arcade!

Cheri, Cg
Yes, having a helper is the way to go. I intend to keep my current position 'cos I like what I'm doing now. Till the time the management gives me some lousy job scope, then I will go on no pay again. HA HA HAAAAA....

Hi mummies,
Read any good books to your kids lately? My F1's stories are still revolved around trains la, ships la, cars la. F2 seems to follow suit also. Haha. NLB just launched some e-learning courses on storytelling and reading to kids. They are fee-based though, abt $30 plus.

yf
we like Anthony Brown's books. Latest one that we like is Piggy Book hahahha...v funny book. U hv 3 boys &amp; one man in ur house soon...good book to read to them to make ur own life easier in future...go read it!
happy.gif

another 2 books N really loves recently is rec by cat...Allan Ahlberg's series on Bert...too bad it's out of print oredi...i'm contemplating reporting loss to ur employer lol but too bad the books r not in very good condition (taped pages that r torn etc)...btw, how many times r we allowed to renew the books ah? she refuses to let me return them!

yf
yes, it's nice to do work that u really enjoy &amp; feel u can contribute so much to. Try all other options first b4 u go on leave lah.

Cheri

Got the Piggybook, but in Chinese. Haha!
Will read to F1 tonight
happy.gif

Am checking out Allan Ahlberg's series Bert too.
Can only renew once.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheri

Haha...very funny ah! F1 laughed and laughed at the page where they all turned into pigs! He was shocked first though. And then, when the mother came home, he said "Wonderful!"

F1's fever is back again. He's been getting fever every 2 week, since the major flu attack he got last month. Did you hear anything similar like F1 from other mothers in the school? We went to PD. PD said, it's another bout of flu attack, a just different form of virus. But every 2 week ler, abit scary right? The school teacher suggested we try TMC.

yf
hahah yes it's quite a funny book. I love the details in his illustration too...so many pigs everywhere!

N was visibly relieved when the mummy came home finally...now whenever she doesn't wanna help wif the chores, i'll remind her of the Piggy family lol

oh dear...fever so frequently? not that i know of leh..is it too cold for him in the sch? maybe u try to dress him up thicker or remind him to wear a jacket when it's cold..esp after bath perhaps?

do u mean TCM? chinese doc? could it be oso due to his body adjusting to the diff climate in SG? do u think he'll take the bitter ch med? if so, can try the one that we bring N to...so far, works v v well for N's coughs, maybe cos she's heaty based &amp; once they treat the heatiness, she recovers fast. it's the Eu Yan Sang outlet at Bt Batok.

Hi Mummies,

The childcare which my son is in has 11 cases of Hand Foot Mouth since early June (at least 1-2 case a week). The outbreak cycle dosen't seem to end.

Is this normal in most childcare? Any mummies who child is at childcare?

serene
my ger is in a childcare too...think these few mths r the typical peaks of hfmd in SG. Been quite a few cases in my ger's cc too.

hi ladies so long never come in chat, hows everybody? with all these talk abt childcare. my #2 is also going to school next mth!

Also been talking to my hubby abt randal going to Pri sch soon, and i asked him to go volunteer his services to the school so we stand a higher chance of getting in.. hehe.. But he has yet to do so la... still procrastinating...

Hi everyone,

A happy new year to all. It's been a long time since i log in here too.Just shifted back to spore now.

What is FB? Any new happenings here?

Hihihi
was chatting with cat yesterday and she mentioned this thread... Wow I haven't been here since dunno when!! Heeee hello hello!!

I have two children cy and ch, they are 4 and 2. How's everyone

this thread still alive !!!
if not for the link given at FB, i doubt I still remember how to come back to this thread.

I hv 2 girls, turning 5 and another one 2.

Back